Tyson vs Roy Jones Jr - Page 2 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Sports, Hobbies and all things unrelated to Politics.

Moderator: PoFo The Lounge Mods

I listened to that Rogan podcast.

I don't actually like Joe Rogan. I think he's an idiot, and it is an instance of absolute stupidity that he got a 100 million dollar contract, absolutely stupid, he is barely worth a dime, but damn, he did scam them good.

He isn't absolutely worthless, but damn, what a scam he pulled, and goddamn, I guess we can't underestimate the stupidity of corporate America, but still doesn't make it feel right.

What is right is right, I guess. They won't make the money off him, he has his little podcast or whatever, I've never listened, I've always thought he was a douche bag, they are just giving him money for false hopes, because they are corporate douche bags.

And a bunch of idiots.

Anyway, I listened to the podcast.

The comment about not wanting to work with people who get knocked out, that was a reference to training fighters.

Tyson dipped his hat in to training fighters.

He was saying if he is training a fighter and he keeps getting knocked out (which happens), he doesn't want to keep training him.
By Crantag
I'm going to change my sentimental pick. I already made my realistic pick to be Roy Jones. My sentimental pick is also Roy Jones. I want Roy Jones to win. And I think he will. Nothing against Tyson. I love Tyson, I even read his autobiography and all of that. I think Jones is better. Tyson was great. Some say Tyson was unbeatable, the Tyson that fought Michael Spinx, for example. But Roy Jones was also said to be unbeatable. In reality, nobody is unbeatable. Sentimentally, I am putting my cards in Roy Jones's corner, even though i like Tyson and all that, but Roy Jones, he's got me here.
ness31 wrote:I don’t think either of them should be knocked out. No one wants to see that :hmm:

One of my guilty pleasures is seeing liver punch knockouts.
By ness31
Crantag, you are - hands down - the resident boxing nerd.

I showed my mate the Roy Jones rap video and I said “man, this guy is serious, he makes his own rap videos and he’s not that bad” . To which he answered, “sure, he makes rap videos; Tyson’s a killer”.

And that was the end of that conversation.
By Wellsy
Crantag wrote:There were those that thought he should have retired a long time ago, perhaps in 2005 after losing 3 straight (in world championship fights), or at least after he got knocked out in Australia in 1 round by Danny Green, and then lost his next two fights, but he never really did retire.

What's your take on that Danny Green fight?
I paid to watch it and had a bunch of mates over to have a few drinks and watch the fight.
I couldn't believe how quickly it was over and it was so shocking the first thought was he threw a fight, as nuts as that sounds because it didn't seem possible for him to simply lose outright that quick.
It was a sad thing to see.
By Crantag
Unthinking Majority wrote:I've never heard of any evidence that HGH slows the aging process.

Testosterone Replacement Therapy has actually been used by athletes to lengthen their careers. See Randy Couture, for example. It used to be allowed, and a bunch of UFC fighters used it, and it was an open non-secret. But in any case, older fighters tend to be slower and less active, but they say the last thing to go is the power, and as they say 'skills pay the bills', and special fighters, like Bernard Hopkins for example, learn to fight at a slower pace but to still win the fights, by dictating the pace, with defense, with well placed counter punches, etc.
Crantag wrote:Testosterone Replacement Therapy has actually been used by athletes to lengthen their careers. See Randy Couture, for example. It used to be allowed, and a bunch of UFC fighters used it, and it was an open non-secret. But in any case, older fighters tend to be slower and less active, but they say the last thing to go is the power, and as they say 'skills pay the bills', and special fighters, like Bernard Hopkins for example, learn to fight at a slower pace but to still win the fights, by dictating the pace, with defense, with well placed counter punches, etc.

But taking testosterone doesn't slow the aging process. It makes people stronger and makes them recover faster, regardless of age.

My point is a 54 year old Tyson vs a 51 year old Roy Jones Jr is going to be a crappy boxing match. Those guys are going to be slow as hell and a shadow of their former selves. They can try juicing until their eyeballs bleed, but they can't compare to other younger top boxers who juice too. I watched Tyson fight in 2002 vs Lennox Lewis very late in his career and he looked horrible then.
By Crantag
Lennox Lewis is on most top 10 lists for best heavyweight boxers. Rancid is right that liver shots are beautiful, brutally so.

I am in Southern Oregon. The whole place is on fire. I am in the woods. I might have to evacuate. It's bad.
By ness31
@Crantag

Shit man, stay safe.

On a funnier note, now that you have watched the podcast did you at least smile when Tyson was talking about how he gets ‘erect’ thinking about fights and then the whole homo erectus stuff. I was almost scared to laugh lol..
Unthinking Majority wrote:But taking testosterone doesn't slow the aging process. It makes people stronger and makes them recover faster, regardless of age.

My point is a 54 year old Tyson vs a 51 year old Roy Jones Jr is going to be a crappy boxing match. Those guys are going to be slow as hell and a shadow of their former selves. They can try juicing until their eyeballs bleed, but they can't compare to other younger top boxers who juice too. I watched Tyson fight in 2002 vs Lennox Lewis very late in his career and he looked horrible then.

What exactly is your point? They are fighting each other not younger people. Rumble in the Jungle Ali vs. Froreman ever heard of that fight? LOL
By Crantag
It's all fucked. Multiple friends and relations lost their homes. I had to go to town earlier for gas, food and water. The town was still on fire. I had to use backroads to get to another town. The first gas station was out of fuel. The second one had fuel and a big line of cars. I am sitting here on my mountain and watching my hometown burn.
Finfinder wrote:What exactly is your point? They are fighting each other not younger people. Rumble in the Jungle Ali vs. Froreman ever heard of that fight? LOL

My point is as I originally stated: the fight is going to suck.
Crantag wrote:It's all fucked. Multiple friends and relations lost their homes. I had to go to town earlier for gas, food and water. The town was still on fire. I had to use backroads to get to another town. The first gas station was out of fuel. The second one had fuel and a big line of cars. I am sitting here on my mountain and watching my hometown burn.

That's terrible. I hope you have insurance. Stay safe.

I hope the rioters in Oregon keep with the fire bans and just knock out windows and loot instead.
By Crantag
Unthinking Majority wrote:That's terrible. I hope you have insurance. Stay safe.

I hope the rioters in Oregon keep with the fire bans and just knock out windows and loot instead.

Fuck you.

This has nothing to do with riots.

Once again, fuck you. I hope you get shit on by birds, then a cat pisses in your car, then you get sprayed by a skunk, you fucking asshole.
Wellsy wrote:What's your take on that Danny Green fight?
I paid to watch it and had a bunch of mates over to have a few drinks and watch the fight.
I couldn't believe how quickly it was over and it was so shocking the first thought was he threw a fight, as nuts as that sounds because it didn't seem possible for him to simply lose outright that quick.
It was a sad thing to see.

Roy got caught. He was past his prime. Green was no Roy Jones but was an alright fighter. I think the fight was at 200 pounds. Roy was undersized at light heavyweight (175) but he won titles from middleweight (160) to heavyweight. Against Green he got caught cold. And credit to Green. He was also part of the equation.
Russia-Ukraine War 2022

Hopefully, we will all get what we deserve. Frie[…]

I am not confusing genotype and phenotype. Do you[…]

My take from this discussion is that @QatzelOk w[…]

Semafor. :lol: The Intercept :lol: