RAND study uncovers massive income shift to the top 1% - Page 5 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Talk about what you've seen in the news today.

Moderator: PoFo Today's News Mods

#15121082
Oxymoron wrote:During a Crisis, you need people who organize these people.. the actual people are easily replaceable aside Skilled workers like Firemen, Nurses, Doctors and Police men.


Fuck off. Society works by people executing tasks, not from CEOs barking orders. So it's shows how dump you are to even think this comment has value. Hence the clap for key workers. And hence why in the UK we had shop workers and other minimum wage workers able to work during lockdown as their jobs were classed as ESSENTIAL! And nobody is replaceable. All jobs have value and Covid has shown that.
#15121090
Oxymoron wrote:During a Crisis, you need people who organize these people.. the actual people are easily replaceable aside Skilled workers like Firemen, Nurses, Doctors and Police men.


The people who "organize these people" are unionists and the workers themselves. It's amazing that it actually takes a crisis like COVID to demonstrate to people that the working class is the class that actually makes society run.

Your attitude towards working people here is pretty awful, very "I want to speak to the manager" -esque.
#15121091
Oxymoron wrote:Income shift from low skill, to people with high skill.
More technology develops the more of a shift it will be... yes motherfuckers learn to code :D


more bullshit straight out of Rush Limgerg's very large mouth. Hey I think I'll go to college to get some knowledge: pay $60,000 per year, graduate in servitude to trump's friends with a $150,000 debt to find that if I send out 200 resumes I may get one response.

I'm showing my age here but I don't give a shit. A FOUR YEAR degree at my college was $3000 when I started. I graduated with $180 in debt and got a job on my FIRST TRY that sent me on a first class "business trip literally around the world.

Only a moron could not see that the rules of the game are SERIOUSLY rigged in favor of the 1% to the detriment of the lower 90%. Then there is this:

During the eight years of the Eisenhower presidency, from 1953 to 1961, the top marginal tax rate was 91 percent. (It was 92 percent the year he came into office.) Republicans have been chipping away at this ever since when Fat Donald comes along and puts the icing in the cake with another giant tax reduction for the rich boys. BUT not to worry …… the benefits will "trickle down" to the filthy masses any day now …. :lol: .
#15121121
KurtFF8 wrote:The people who "organize these people" are unionists and the workers themselves. It's amazing that it actually takes a crisis like COVID to demonstrate to people that the working class is the class that actually makes society run.

Your attitude towards working people here is pretty awful, very "I want to speak to the manager" -esque.


:lol: :lol: what rubbish, have you actually worked in your life? Union organized the response to Covid what are you smoking son?
Low skilled workers get the exact this attitude, it is an honest attitude on that helps them move on and up from their positions. It is the Leftist who encourage and force people into this shitty jobs, because everyone knows no one will respect it unless you had no choice.

You respect the artists, not the paint maker... jesus christ people
#15121123
jimjam wrote:
Only a moron could not see that the rules of the game are SERIOUSLY rigged in favor of the 1% to the detriment of the lower 90%. Then there is this:
.



Yes that is the way it should be, if working hard and smart does not give you advantage then no one would do it. The more you make the more you can make, that is the brilliance of the system. If you want to shovel shit for the rest of your life, then buddy its your own damn fault for not striving higher.
#15121124
B0ycey wrote:Fuck off. Society works by people executing tasks, not from CEOs barking orders. So it's shows how dump you are to even think this comment has value. Hence the clap for key workers. And hence why in the UK we had shop workers and other minimum wage workers able to work during lockdown as their jobs were classed as ESSENTIAL! And nobody is replaceable. All jobs have value and Covid has shown that.


What is essential about the jobs you listed? Any monkey can do those jobs.... essential is a doctor, a nurse, a coordinator.... not a guy with a shovel, or a cashier.
#15121133
Oxymoron wrote:What is essential about the jobs you listed? Any monkey can do those jobs.... essential is a doctor, a nurse, a coordinator.... not a guy with a shovel, or a cashier.


:lol:

Then you don't know what essential means. And sure some trained jobs are essential. But that doesn't means a shopfloor shelf stacker job isn't regarded as essential. Good luck buying goods with empty shelves. Hence why they were allowed to work under lockdown dumbass.

Anyway by reading your other posts you are just an idiot and is someone who wouldn't be a loss in society - you certainly aren't required to keep society functioning. If everyone was a coder, who is left to build the parts of the computer? Who is left to pick the fruit for you to eat and who is left to provide for your needs? If the job exists, it has function. And if it has function it will affect your way of life.
#15121135
Oxymoron wrote::lol: :lol: what rubbish, have you actually worked in your life? Union organized the response to Covid what are you smoking son?
Low skilled workers get the exact this attitude, it is an honest attitude on that helps them move on and up from their positions. It is the Leftist who encourage and force people into this shitty jobs, because everyone knows no one will respect it unless you had no choice.

You respect the artists, not the paint maker... jesus christ people


What a stupid response, just wasting space on PoFo (I see not much has changed then).

"Low Skilled" workers indeed kept society running during COVID, in many cases those workers are union members.

I take it you come from a rich family and haven't worked a real job considering your anti-worker attitude.
#15121140
KurtFF8 wrote:What a stupid response, just wasting space on PoFo (I see not much has changed then).

"Low Skilled" workers indeed kept society running during COVID, in many cases those workers are union members.

I take it you come from a rich family and haven't worked a real job considering your anti-worker attitude.


Please explain how low skilled workers and unions keep society running?

I came to the US as a refugee actually , and worked all kinds of jobs my friend. You should try it before you shoot off your mouth, with your Commie propaganda.
#15121149
Pants-of-dog wrote:A good example of how unskilled workers kept society running is your local supermarket.

It is literally the main source of food for the entire neighbourhood. And most people who work there are minimum wage workers and unskilled workers.


Like i said these people can be replaced very very easily, and did not go to work to keep things running they went to get a paycheck.
What is not easily replaceable is the Store manager who made sure people showed up and he had enough people to staff the place. Also the coordinator who made sure the trucks got to places in an organized way with the food.
#15121153
Oxymoron wrote:Like i said these people can be replaced very very easily,


Yes, it is true that you could get anyone to do it.

That does not change the fact that you absolutely need someone to do it in order to keep the neighbourhood fed.

and did not go to work to keep things running they went to get a paycheck.


Yes, it is true that people need to earn money in this day and age.

That does not change the fact that you absolutely need someone to do it in order to keep the neighbourhood fed.

What is not easily replaceable is the Store manager who made sure people showed up and he had enough people to staff the place. Also the coordinator who made sure the trucks got to places in an organized way with the food.


Yes, these positions are also essential, and because of the skills required, are harder to staff because not anyone can do them.

That does not change the fact that you absolutely need someone to do things like stock the shelves and run cash registers and clean up in order to keep the neighbourhood fed.
#15121154
Pants-of-dog wrote:Yes, it is true that you could get anyone to do it.

That does not change the fact that you absolutely need someone to do it in order to keep the neighbourhood fed.



Yes, it is true that people need to earn money in this day and age.

That does not change the fact that you absolutely need someone to do it in order to keep the neighbourhood fed.



Yes, these positions are also essential, and because of the skills required, are harder to staff because not anyone can do them.

That does not change the fact that you absolutely need someone to do things like stock the shelves and run cash registers and clean up in order to keep the neighbourhood fed.


I do not disagree, that does not make the individual essential but rather the class essential.
Now with coming technology,that class becomes less and less essential.
You can only say that when the individual is easy to replace, a Doctor for example is very hard to replace that makes the individual essential along with his class.
#15121156
Oxymoron wrote:I do not disagree, that does not make the individual essential but rather the class essential.


Exactly.

This class of people (in other words, working class people) are more necessary for society than (for example) foreclosure lawyers and PR people for hotel chains.

Now with coming technology,that class becomes less and less essential.
You can only say that when the individual is easy to replace, a Doctor for example is very hard to replace that makes the individual essential along with his class.


Actually, a lot of professional jobs can be automated as easily as working class jobs. But this is in the future.

You agree that right now they are essential.
#15121158
Pants-of-dog wrote:Actually, a lot of professional jobs can be automated as easily as working class jobs. But this is in the future.


Very true. It's a myth that professional classes are safe from automation. Another reason why even the profession class should consider themselves a part of the working class, and should sympathize with the working class.

Actually a lot of lawyer jobs have been automated. Basically legal researchers/clerk jobs have been automated to hell. Believe it or not, most lawyers don't get paid a lot anymore.

Another area that I've personally seen is integrated circuit design and layout. Lots of tools will automate the process of physically laying out the internals of a chip. The computers have become better than humans at being space efficient and balancing negative effects of putting tiny circuits close together like parasitic capacitance and inductance.
#15121161
Oxymoron wrote:Please explain how low skilled workers and unions keep society running?

I came to the US as a refugee actually , and worked all kinds of jobs my friend. You should try it before you shoot off your mouth, with your Commie propaganda.


What you've essentially said is "please explain how farmers, supermarket workers, transit workers, health care workers keep society running"

If you don't understand this, then you must not get out much or know much about how a modern economy is structured.

Weird that you claim to have worked in the past, yet you don't actually know what workers do.
#15121163
Pants-of-dog wrote:Exactly.

This class of people (in other words, working class people) are more necessary for society than (for example) foreclosure lawyers and PR people for hotel chains.



Actually, a lot of professional jobs can be automated as easily as working class jobs. But this is in the future.

You agree that right now they are essential.



I think this class is essential, but not more so certain other high skilled classes. Including Managerial and organizing class especially in this example.
You can have 100 cashiers but without a manager the store would not function, and a cashier could not simply take on that role if the manager was not there. But a manager can certainly take a cashier role if required too.
#15121165
Oxymoron wrote:I think this class is essential, but not more so certain other high skilled classes. Including Managerial and organizing class especially in this example.
You can have 100 cashiers but without a manager the store would not function, and a cashier could not simply take on that role if the manager was not there. But a manager can certainly take a cashier role if required too.


All of this is true.

None of this contradicts the fact that unskilled workers are essential to food distribution in today’s society.
  • 1
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
  • 6
  • 7
Does Palantir See Too Much?

I suppose art does imitate life. All three optio[…]

Who will win the 2020 US election? (poll)

I expect Trump will look like he's losing narrowl[…]

@Politics_Observer Fox News is USA's state-spons[…]

Trump and Russiagate

I really hate to say that. But the first thing I w[…]