Qualifications to become a US Supreme Court Justice. - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the USA and Canada.

Moderator: PoFo North America Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
You need to have some experience with serving on lower federal courts and you need to be liked by the sitting president as well. The next Supreme Court Justice should be a woman and Trump agrees. Either Amy Coney Barrett or Barbara Lagoa will replace Ruth Bader Ginsburg. Barbara Lagoa is a Cuban American and Trump should pick the former candidate to avoid tipping the balance of the Supreme Court. Barack Obama appointed Sonia Sotomayor as the first Hispanic and Latina member of the Court.

"I will be putting forth a nominee next week. It will be a woman," Mr Trump said at a campaign rally in Fayetteville, North Carolina on Saturday. "I think it should be a woman because I actually like women much more than men."

Some supporters chanted "Fill that seat!" as Mr Trump spoke, urging him to take the rare opportunity to nominate a third justice during one presidential term to a lifetime appointment on the court.

Earlier, Mr Trump praised two female judges who serve on federal courts of appeals as possible choices. Both judges - Amy Coney Barrett and Barbara Lagoa - are conservatives who would tip the balance of the Supreme Court in favour of Republicans.
Russia-Ukraine War 2022

Hamas are terrorist animals who started this and […]

It is possible but Zelensky refuses to talk... no[…]

Israel-Palestinian War 2023

@skinster Hamas committed a terrorist attack(s)[…]

"Ukraine’s real losses should be counted i[…]