Election 2020 - Page 214 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the USA and Canada.

Moderator: PoFo North America Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
By Pants-of-dog
The “law and order” and “family values” candidate seems to be in a lot of legal trouble concerning his sexual assaults of people who are not his wife.
By jimjam
Fat Donald has longed denied that he wore a toupee. Alas, he is telling the truth ( :eek: ). In a 1990 divorce deposition, under oath, Ivana Trump swore that in a fit of rage, Donald raped her because of the pain he was suffering resulting from his scalp reduction surgery in 1989.

Donald’s scalp reduction, also known as alopecia reduction (AR), is most successfully performed on patients with balding on the crown on the head, according to HairtransplantMentor.com “The procedure, which essentially cuts out the patient’s bald spot, follows these steps: Under anesthesia, the surgeon cuts away the balding area of the scalp. Usually a portion somewhere between the crown and the vertex transitional point is removed. The remaining skin (which is able to grow hair) is sewn back together.”

By Doug64
Here's the latest from RealClearPolitics:

Over the past week, Biden's lead in the RCP's average betting odds has risen a bit, back up to Biden +7.2 from Biden +6.0.

RCP National Average: Biden 50.4 Trump 42.9 Spread Biden +7.5 (D+1.2)
    Battleground States Average: Biden 47.4 Trump 44.7 Spread Biden +2.7 (D+0.7)

Electoral College Map: Biden 233 (-10) Trump 142 Toss Ups (spread less than +5) 163 (+10)
    Electoral College No Toss Ups: Biden 352 Trump 186

Battlegrounds (* means latest poll is over a month old)
    Arizona: Biden 49.2 Trump 44.2 Spread Biden +5.0 (D+0.2)
    Florida: Biden 48.7 Trump 47.1 Spread Biden +1.6 (D+0.4)
    Iowa: Biden 46.0 Trump 48.0 Spread Trump +2.0*
    Michigan: Biden 48.0 Trump 43.0 Spread Biden +5.0 (D+0.8 )
    Nevada: Biden 46.0 Trump 42.0 Spread Biden +4.0
    New Hampshire: Biden 45.0 Trump 42.0 Spread Biden +3.0
    North Carolina: Biden 47.3 Trump 46.4 Spread Biden +0.9 (D+0.1)
    Ohio: Biden 49.0 Trump 45.0 Spread Biden +4.0
    Pennsylvania: Biden 49.0 Trump 44.7 Spread Biden +4.3
    Texas: Biden 46.0 Trump 48.0 Spread Trump +2.0 (D+2.5)

2020 vs. 2016
    Top Battlegrounds: 2020 D+2.7 2016 D+2.4 Spread Biden +0.3
    RCP National Average: 2020 D+6.2 2016 D+0.7 Spread Biden +5.5 (D+0.2)
    Favorability Ratings: 2020 D+17.3 2016 D+5.8 Spread Biden +11.5 (D+2.5)

And I realized that I haven't been covering the House and Senate like I have in past years. So the Senate, as per the Cook Report. Giving each party 2/3 of their leaners, 1/2 of the toss-ups, and 1/3 of the opposite party's leaners, this would give the Democrats 50.67 and the Republicans 49.33. So absent a wave election either way, even if Biden loses the Democrats are likely to win the Senate ... barely, for a couple years:

• No election Democrat (35)
  • Safe Democrat (10): Delaware (D), Illinois (D), Massachusetts (D), Minnesota (D), New Hampshire (D), New Jersey (D), New Mexico (D), Oregon (D), Rhode Island (D), Virginia (D)
  • Leans Democrat (2): Arizona (R), Michigan (D)
  • Toss-Ups (6): Colorado (R), Georgia (R), Iowa (R), Maine (R), Montana (R), North Carolina (R)
  • Leans Republican (4): Alabama (D), Georgia (R), Kansas (R), South Carolina (R)
  • Likely Republican (3): Alaska (R), Kentucky (R), Texas (R)
  • Safe Republican (10): Arkansas (R), Idaho (R), Louisiana (R), Mississippi (R), Nebraska (R), Oklahoma (R), South Dakota (R), Tennessee (R), West Virginia (R), Wyoming (R)
  • No election Republican (30)

And for the House, again per the Cook Report. Giving each party 2/3 of their leaners, 1/2 of the toss-ups, and 1/3 of the opposite party's leaners, that gives us Democrats 235.67, Republicans 199.33. So again absent a wave that's essentially a wash from 2018's 235 D / 199 R:

• Safe Democrat: 190
  • Likely Democrat: 17
  • Leans Democrat: 15
  • Toss-Ups: 28
  • Leans Republican: 14
  • Likely Republican: 17
  • Safe Republican: 154

There are eleven governors up for election. This would give us a slight shift to Democrats 23.5, Republicans 26.5—maybe the Republicans will net a +1:

• No election Democrat (20)
  • Safe Democrat (2): Delaware (D), Washington (D)
  • Leans Democrat (1): North Carolina (D)
  • Toss-Up (1): Montana (D)
  • Leans Republican (1): Missouri (R)
  • Likely Republican (1): New Hampshire (R)
  • Safe Republican (5): Indiana (R), North Dakota (R), Utah (R), Vermont (R), West Virginia (R)
  • No election Republican (19)
Last edited by Doug64 on 20 Sep 2020 21:23, edited 5 times in total.
By Hindsite
jimjam wrote:Fat Donald has longed denied that he wore a toupee. Alas, he is telling the truth ( :eek: ). In a 1990 divorce deposition, under oath, Ivana Trump swore that in a fit of rage, Donald raped her because of the pain he was suffering resulting from his scalp reduction surgery in 1989.

Donald Trump's Ex-Wife Ivana Disavows Old 'Rape' Allegation
https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/donald- ... d=32732204

jimjam wrote:Donald’s scalp reduction, also known as alopecia reduction (AR), is most successfully performed on patients with balding on the crown on the head, according to HairtransplantMentor.com “The procedure, which essentially cuts out the patient’s bald spot, follows these steps: Under anesthesia, the surgeon cuts away the balding area of the scalp. Usually a portion somewhere between the crown and the vertex transitional point is removed. The remaining skin (which is able to grow hair) is sewn back together.”

Even if the scalp reduction and hair transplanting is true, it has no effect on his ability to be President of the U.S.A.
Praise the Lord.
By Beren
Hindsite wrote:Even if the scalp reduction and hair transplanting is true, it has no effect on his ability to be President of the U.S.A.
Praise the Lord.

It doesn't make him less godless either.
By Hindsite
Beren wrote:It doesn't make him less godless either.

President Trump has defended the rights of Christians and Jews during his term in office and has criticized "Creepy" Joe Biden's Democrats for refusing to say the words "under God" when reciting the "Pledge of Allegiance" during their convention.

Joe Biden Is 'Morally Bankrupt,' Democrats Are a 'Godless Party', Pastor Robert Jeffress Says

Dr. Robert Jeffress, a staunch Trump supporter and pastor of First Baptist Dallas, recently lauded the President for believing in justice and mercy as he surprised Alice Johnson with a full pardon.

"When it comes to being tough, nobody is tougher than Donald J. Trump, but when the situation calls for kindness, nobody is kinder or [more] gracious than he is," Jeffress said. "That's what we want in a leader.”

The Texas-based pastor then criticized an endorsement made to Joe Biden by 350 faith leaders from Faith2020, a multi-faith coalition. The group comprises leaders from all backgrounds of faith including Christians, Jews, Sikhs, Muslims, among others.

In the letter, Faith2020 endorsed Biden for the “moral clarity” needed to “restore the soul of this nation,” Fox News reports.

"Electing Joe Biden to provide moral clarity is like hiring Jesse James to provide bank security," Jeffress said. “The fact is Joe Biden is bankrupt, along with the Democrat Party when it comes to morality."

Despite Biden’s Catholic profession of faith, Jeffress then cited how his pro-abortion stance differs from the Catholic Church.

"The fact is the Bible, God and even Biden's own Catholic Church provide moral clarity on these issues. Joe Biden just chooses to ignore those teachings. That's why he's fuzzy in his thinking," he said.

The Texas-based pastor also praised Trump’s line from last week’s RNC speech about looking to God, not the government for redemption.

"[Democrats] are a godless party. We saw that on display during their convention," Jeffress said. "They can't even talk about God in a proper way, so they have made government their god."

https://www.christianheadlines.com/cont ... -says.html
Last edited by Hindsite on 20 Sep 2020 22:46, edited 1 time in total.
By Beren
Trump resembles a pagan or an atheist actually, but he definitely doesn't appear to be Christian anyway.
Last edited by Beren on 20 Sep 2020 21:32, edited 1 time in total.
By annatar1914
@Hindsite ;

Another false binary choice from another stupid American Presidential election. You can have God and Government, because God has ordained Government for man's good. But the godless Founders and today's American ''conservatives'' have forgotten that (if they ever knew it) and see God as a Libertarian Constitutional Monarch, and Earthly government being best if it is hardly able to govern at all.

I'm no fan of Joe Biden or of Liberalism, I think he's rotten and now suffering from the early stages of some kind of dementia, and Kamala Harris is no good either, but God help us if we take our political opinions from people like Jeffries...

@Beren ;

Yes, Trump appeals to people who believe in God by American demographics, but personally I have my doubts that he truly believes in God. Likely he vaguely accepts the existence of God in an ambiguous Deistic way much as did most of America's Founding Fathers.
By Beren
annatar1914 wrote:I have my doubts that he truly believes in God. Likely he vaguely accepts the existence of God in an ambiguous Deistic way much as did most of America's Founding Fathers.

I mostly agree with that, although I have no doubts that Trump doesn't have faith nor is he a Mason. :lol:
By annatar1914
Beren wrote:I mostly agree with that, although I have no doubts that Trump doesn't have a faith nor is he a Mason. :lol:

He could be a Freemason. His father was one, and their church pastor was the famous freemason Norman Vincent Peale, who talked and wrote a lot about ''the power of positive thinking'' in his theology.
By Beren
annatar1914 wrote:He could be a Freemason.

Maybe he could, but I doubt he is, or really is. He doesn't really belong anywhere like a drifter.
By annatar1914
Beren wrote:Maybe he could, but I doubt he is, or really is. He doesn't really belong anywhere like a drifter.

He's an interesting person to be sure. If he is he makes a pretty good hiding of it.
By Doug64
annatar1914 wrote:@Hindsite ;

Another false binary choice from another stupid American Presidential election. You can have God and Government, because God has ordained Government for man's good. But the godless Founders and today's American ''conservatives'' have forgotten that (if they ever knew it) and see God as a Libertarian Constitutional Monarch, and Earthly government being best if it is hardly able to govern at all.

One can argue that many of the Founders weren't Christian, though they weren't traditional Deists since they rejected the Deistic notion of a "clockwork God," but so far as I know the only atheist among them was Thomas Paine.

annatar1914 wrote:@Beren ;

Yes, Trump appeals to people who believe in God by American demographics, but personally I have my doubts that he truly believes in God. Likely he vaguely accepts the existence of God in an ambiguous Deistic way much as did most of America's Founding Fathers.

There's a reason why a number of Christians and Jews have compared Trump to Cyrus the Great, who permitted the Jews to return to Jerusalem and rebuild their temple.
By Hindsite
annatar1914 wrote:@Hindsite ;

I'm no fan of Joe Biden or of Liberalism, I think he's rotten and now suffering from the early stages of some kind of dementia, and Kamala Harris is no good either, but God help us if we take our political opinions from people like Jeffries...

These were the actual words of President Trump from the transcript:

"In the left’s backward view, they do not see America as the most free, just and exceptional nation on Earth. Instead, they see a wicked nation that must be punished for its sins. Our opponents say that redemption for you can only come from giving power to them. This is a tired anthem spoken by every repressive movement throughout history, but in this country, we don’t look to career politicians for salvation. In America, we do not turn to government to restore ourselves. We put our faith in almighty God."

President Trump was referring to Christian redemption from sin. He did not say good government was not needed. He just believes that giving power to Joe Biden and the Democrats is not the way to redeem us from sin. That salvation can only be attained by our faith in God.
By Beren
annatar1914 wrote:He's an interesting person to be sure. If he is he makes a pretty good hiding of it.

I'm sure he's hiding a lot, but not that. :lol:
By annatar1914
One can argue that many of the Founders weren't Christian, though they weren't traditional Deists since they rejected the Deistic notion of a "clockwork God," but so far as I know the only atheist among them was Thomas Paine.

Ethan Allen was one, and likely James Madison, of some right off the top of my head. In any case, the government the American founding fathers formed was officially Non-Theistic, Secular, Atheist.

There's a reason why a number of Christians and Jews have compared Trump to Cyrus the Great, who permitted the Jews to return to Jerusalem and rebuild their temple.

Yes, these people are Zionists, and heretics in my view, those who are inclined to make a modern comparison are as such like. And Cyrus? What he did in salvation history was right and just, and Cyrus was a moral, right and just man even though a Pagan. I'm not judging President Trump in that regard, because we're not arguing that he's a model of virtue and goodness either one of us.
By annatar1914
Hindsite wrote:These were the actual words of President Trump from the transcript:

"In the left’s backward view, they do not see America as the most free, just and exceptional nation on Earth. Instead, they see a wicked nation that must be punished for its sins. Our opponents say that redemption for you can only come from giving power to them. This is a tired anthem spoken by every repressive movement throughout history, but in this country, we don’t look to career politicians for salvation. In America, we do not turn to government to restore ourselves. We put our faith in almighty God."

President Trump was referring to Christian redemption from sin. He did not say good government was not needed. He just believes that giving power to Joe Biden and the Democrats is not the way to redeem us from sin. That salvation can only be attained by our faith in God.

You're deflecting from the immediate issue at hand. It seems well and good at first glance that Trump does not want us to expect ''salvation'' from government, but I take exception to the idea of America being the ''most free, just, and exceptional nation on Earth'', which somewhat contradicts your idea in the sense that rather proves my point, in this view that America is the best because we have such a limited government, that America is pretty much heaven on earth because of the least amount of government possible.

God is the God of all Nations and peoples, and America is not a religion or a church, although many see at as like those things in essence.
Last edited by annatar1914 on 20 Sep 2020 22:58, edited 1 time in total.
By annatar1914
Beren wrote:I'm sure he's hiding a lot, but not that. :lol:

Well he's facing some Lincoln-type issues, but he's no Lincoln. He's more of a Douglas actually. (on contemplating my answer while looking at your signature line)
By Beren
Returning to Trump's masonry for a bit... If George Washington was a Mason, a prominent one actually, could Trump really be one? Could Trump have been one of the Founding Fathers? I mean, is he that type? Also, is Kanye West a Mason too? :lol:

By annatar1914
Beren wrote:Returning to Trump's masonry for a bit... If George Washington was a Mason, a prominent one actually, could Trump really be one? Could Trump have been one of the Founding Fathers? I mean, is he that type? Also, is Kanye West a Mason too? :lol:

I don't know, on the level just look at that grip will you? ;) :lol:

As far as Kanye West goes... Well I won't say ill of him either.

It has already been explained that this type of c[…]

For me Republicanism is masculine and monarchism i[…]

Please provide it again. You have no problem aski[…]

Sure, keep thinking that. Election year is caus[…]