Donald Trump Nominated for Nobel Peace Prize for Israel-UAE Peace Deal - Page 2 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the USA and Canada.

Moderator: PoFo North America Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
Wulfschilde wrote:Do they normally give out this prize to someone who gets elected President? ;)

Obama did not deserve the prize, but Norway like all the other Nordic nations is very woke. This was Scandinavian affirmative action. Obama said:

Let me be clear, I do not view it as a recognition of my own accomplishments, but rather as an affirmation of American leadership on behalf of aspirations held by people in all nations.
To be honest, I do not feel that I deserve to be in the company of so many of the transformative figures who've been honored by this prize, men and women who've inspired me and inspired the entire world through their courageous pursuit of peace.

https://www.nytimes.com/2009/10/09/us/p ... -text.html

BTW, the quote is from the New York Times, a woke newspaper.
Wulfschilde wrote:Happening: after years of joking that Donald Trump deserves a Nobel prize if Obama got one just for being black, people are starting to acknowledge one of Trump's major foreign policy accomplishments. Helping to form a deal between Israel and a Muslim country, most of which have historically denied Israel's right to exist, is a big deal.

Well, now the count is up to two: UAE and Bahrain. That is significant. It is a material improvement in diplomatic relations in the Middle East. Trump has been more peaceful than Obama, and more successful in diplomacy.

ingliz wrote:Nobody gives a shit. America and the Nobel Peace Prize appearing together in the same sentence has been a running joke for years. They gave it to Kissinger in '73 for God's sake. So ridiculous was that award it was described at the time as a move which "made political satire obsolete".

They gave it to Yasser Arafat too, along with Shimon Peres and Yitzak Rabin. So Kissinger and Le Duc Tho was a similar thing.

B0ycey wrote:He got a nomination from a Far right Norwegian MP. So isn't so much of a big deal when you scratch the surface.

The big deal is that Trump has now brokered two peace agreements in the Middle East, which is more than his predecessors have been able to accomplish. Clinton certainly tried, and Carter was successful with Egypt and Israel.

jimjam wrote:The Nobel peace prize was awarded to Barack Obama in 2009 for his “extraordinary efforts to strengthen international diplomacy and cooperation between people”. He donated the $1.4m award to charity.

The odd thing about that was he was just taking office in 2009, and had yet done nothing to strengthen international diplomacy and cooperation between people.

Julian658 wrote:Obama did not deserve the Nobel prize. He knew it, he is a smart man and gave the cash away.

Well, it did have the taint of a bribe to it, so he did the right thing.

Julian658 wrote:Trump will never win because he is a Trump.

He won't win, because the committee is stock full of leftists.
Drlee wrote:Way to go Hindsite. Did you get tired of stumping for the Russians and decide to give North Korea a plug?

You are WAY too transparent.

I was simply trying to point out that North Korea has been acting more peaceful since the love affair with the Trump of God. It is another reason for awarding the orange man the Nobel Peace Prize.
Rich wrote:People have some funny ideas about peace. For a really enduring peace look at how the Romans ended the Punic Wars. Now that was a really successful peace. As far as I'm aware we never heard a peep from the Carthaginians again. I don't doubt deep down the Palestinians are committed to achieve a permanent Punic style peace.

"Auferre, trucidare, rapere, falsis nominibus imperium, atque, ubi solitudinem faciunt, pacem appellant." - Tacitus, De vita et moribus Iulii Agricolae

And quite right too. The only true peace comes when one can quaff wine from the bejewelled skull of one's erstwhile enemy. :)
I was simply trying to point out that North Korea has been acting more peaceful since the love affair with the Trump of God. It is another reason for awarding the orange man the Nobel Peace Prize

You mean like launching nuclear capable missiles over Japan? That kind of peaceful?

How much are the Russians paying you?
Hindsite wrote:North Korea returns remains of US soldiers killed during Korean War

Sure, Hindsite, Kim ramping up his missile program doesn't matter as long as he coughs up some old bones.

Give a dog a bone. :lol:

And why should Trump care in the first place? Remember, according to him, soldiers that get themselves killed in action are "losers and suckers".
Atlantis wrote:Sure, Hindsite, Kim ramping up his missile program doesn't matter as long as he coughs up some old bones.

Give a dog a bone. :lol:

And why should Trump care in the first place? Remember, according to him, soldiers that get themselves killed in action are "losers and suckers".

I am too smart to fall for the FAKE News media lies like you and your elk. :lol:
Drlee wrote:You mean like launching nuclear capable missiles over Japan? That kind of peaceful?

How much are the Russians paying you?

Regurgitating recycled worn out left wing SJW talking points is not typical of Republicans dude,
@Julian658 Regurgitating recycled worn out left wing SJW talking points is not typical of Republicans dude,

You really are a piece of work. I am curious as to how smart you actually think you are?

So here is a worn out, left wing, SJW news organization's non-republican talking points.

Breitbart said: 2 Sep 2020 U.S. warns of North Korea missile plans, extends travel ban

https://www.breitbart.com/news/u-s-warns-on-north-korea-missile-plans-extends-travel-ban/

So I see you are on the Russian payroll too.
Russia-Ukraine War 2022

Two things can be true at once: Russia doesn't ha[…]

4 foot tall Chinese parents are regularly giving b[…]

Israel-Palestinian War 2023

https://twitter.com/hermit_hwarang/status/1779130[…]

Iran is going to attack Israel

All foreign politics are an extension of domestic[…]