Initial tests at Berlin hospital indicate that Navalny was poisoned - Page 4 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in Europe's nation states, the E.U. & Russia.

Moderator: PoFo Europe Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please. This is an international political discussion forum, so please post in English only.
Navalny is ready to go back to Russia to keep pissing at Putin.

That's my boy! :up:

Russian opposition leader Navalny posts photo of himself from hospital, pledges to return to Russia

"I still can hardly do anything, but yesterday I was able to breathe on my own all day, I did not use any outside help, not even a valve in my throat. I enjoyed it very much. An amazing process, underestimated by many,"

He's right about that too. Enjoy it as long as you can.
Atlantis wrote:According to German intelligence sources, the substance used to poison Navalny is a new development of the Novichok group of substances. This makes it increasingly likely that a state organisation was involved because it's beyond the scope of Mafia organisations to develop new variations of the Novichok type of poison.

Surprise, surprise...

Atlantis wrote:Navalny is ready to go back to Russia to keep pissing at Putin.

He's going to be killed the next time.
Looks like Navalny's team searched his hotel room after he fell ill. A water bottle they bagged apparently contained traces of the type of Novichok he was poisoned with. I think it can be excluded that Navalny's team would have access to the poison. So, the idea that they laced it can be excluded. Also an intelligence agency would have been thorough enough to remove the evidence. Which leaves the Russian mafia or an oligarch he had offended by a corruption investigation. After all, journalists investigating corruption have been killed even in Europe (Malta, Slovakia). I have always thought this to be the most likely scenario.

Associates of Alexei Navalny have said traces of novichok were found on a bottle of water in his hotel room in Tomsk, suggesting he was poisoned while in the Siberian city, and not, as previously suspected, from a cup of tea he drank at the airport.

The Russian opposition leader fell ill on a flight from Tomsk to Moscow on 20 August. The plane made an emergency landing in Omsk, where he spent two days in a coma before being flown by a medical jet to Berlin. He remains in the Charité hospital in the German capital.

A video posted to Navalny’s Instagram account on Thursday morning showed a search of his hotel room after news of his illness and two empty plastic water bottles on a table. These were bagged and later given to German authorities along with other items from the room, according to the post.

“Two weeks later, a German laboratory found traces of novichok precisely on the bottle of water from the Tomsk hotel room,” the post said.

According to the post, some of Navalny’s team had stayed in Tomsk for an extra day. When they heard of his sudden illness and hospitalisation, they went to the hotel room where he had been staying and searched for evidence.

We didn’t have a great hope of finding anything, but as we were clear that Navalny had not ‘got a bit ill’ … we decided to collect everything that could even hypothetically help, and pass it on to doctors in Germany. It was also pretty obvious there would not be an investigation in Russia,” it said.

The German chancellor, Angela Merkel, said earlier this month that tests carried out in Germany showed “unequivocally” that the nerve agent was used to poison Navalny. Subsequent tests in France and Sweden have returned similar results. The same poison was used in the attack on Sergei Skripal and his daughter Yulia in Salisbury in 2018.

The Organisation for the Prohibition of Chemical Weapons said in a statement on Thursday that it had received a request for analysis of Navalny’s biomedical samples from Germany. “Results of this analysis are forthcoming and will be shared with the German authorities,” the world chemical weapons watchdog said.

Russian authorities have repeatedly denied involvement in Navalny’s poisoning, either by claiming he was not poisoned at all or by claiming it could have been a “provocation”. Earlier this week, the head of Russia’s foreign spy agency said Russia had already destroyed all its supplies of novichok, and that Navalny had no poison in his body when he was flown to Germany in a coma.

Navalny’s associates remain convinced the poisoning was ordered at the highest level, and signed off by President Vladimir Putin. “In Russia there is no person who would take the responsibility on themselves to do this without consulting with Putin,” said Georgy Alburov, who travelled with Navalny to Tomsk, in an interview on Wednesday.

Navalny posted a photograph on Instagram earlier this week, and said he was conscious and breathing unassisted. His team says he plans to return to Russia and continue his work as soon as he has recovered.

The Guardian
Rancid wrote:Lies, surely Russia would a have investigated. By taking the stuff from the room, they prevented that. CLEARLY this is a Russian smear job.

It's incomprehensible why the Kremlin should use a substance of the Novichok group, which immediately points to Russia. The most likely scenario is the Mafia or a Russian oligarch who has been exposed by Navalny. The refusal of Putin to investigate doesn't look good. If the oligarchs are behind this, they may have leverage over Putin. In any case, the system Putin is totally corrupt and doesn't serve Russia's best interests.

Meanwhile the OPCW has ruled that the poison used was indeed a substance of the Novichok group.

Navalny's blood showed traces of nerve agent Novichok, OPCW says

Blood samples taken from Kremlin critic Alexei Navalny confirmed the presence of a nerve agent in the banned Novichok family, the global chemical weapons watchdog said on Tuesday.

The Organisation for the Prohibition of Chemical Weapons (OPCW) said in a statement that the biomarkers in his blood and urine had “similar structural characteristics as the toxic chemicals belonging” to the Novichok group.

The findings confirm results released by Germany, where Navalny was treated after falling ill on a flight in Siberia on Aug. 20. Berlin asked the OPCW to take samples from Navalny and test them after German doctors concluded he had been poisoned with Novichok.

Western governments have called for sanctions against Moscow over the case. Russia denies any involvement and has said it doubts Navalny was poisoned.

“No doubt Novichok nerve agent used to poison Alexey #Navalny,” Britain’s delegation at the OPCW said on Twitter. “Any use of a banned chemical weapon is a matter of great concern.”

Novichok, a Soviet-era nerve toxin, was also used to poison a former Russian spy in England in 2018. The OPCW’s member states agreed last year to ban chemicals in the Novichok family, a ban that went into effect four months ago.
When it comes to levels of dictatorship

Trump is not Boris.
Boris is not Putin
And Putin is not Xi.

At least since Republicans lost the House Trump's power is way more limited than Boris Johnson's. Boris Johnson's personal power within Britain is clearly significantly more limited than Putin's and the same goes for Putin in relation to Xi.

Bringing hostages to a place does not mean there i[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

You're not ordinary, Qatz. Stop pretending to d[…]

Another resource of degenerates who want to watch […]

There are many ways to approach a construction si[…]