Man Shot To Death At Political Demonstation In Denver; Police Assure The Public It Wasn't Antifa - Page 3 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the USA and Canada.

Moderator: PoFo North America Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
@blackjack21

If they are trying to get out of civil liability, they better have had those private security guards sign an Independent Contractor's Agreement with news corporation itself drafted by a good lawyer. Even with a good Independent Contractor's Agreement that is not a guarantee that the news company won't be found liable for civil damages. I am sure the news company has liability insurance to pay for the cost of legal fees or a settlement to prevent anything going to court if it would cost less to settle rather than to litigate.

Edit: But then again, as far as insurance goes, sometimes insurance companies will use exclusionary clauses in their insurance agreements with their clients to get out of defending their clients when they get sued.
Well, someone is in trouble for something since the security guard wasn't licensed when he shot someone to death.

Regarding mens rea intent, I imagine it would have to do with how their argument went down. The only footage of the incident I've seen has mace [sic] guy arguing with someone else, then quasi-security guy approaches him, gets slapped for some reason and then shoots him. So it appears that the shooter was not a party to the original argument.
No security license, no valid gun permit, this guy is fudged. His only viable argument that had any credence to reduce a potential sentence (I'm here protecting a news crew after being hired by them) is out the window. He's just like that young guy that did the other shootings at a rally, except that guy was being mob rushed and kicked. This guy got some spray in his eyes.
Igor Antunov wrote:that guy was being mob rushed and kicked

That guy/child had just shot an unarmed somebody dead. He had no permit or security licence. Given his age he shouldn't even have been carrying a firearm.

at a rally

Rosenbaum was right to confront the child. Rittenhouse was a danger to himself and others. The little shit had threatened, intentionally pointed his unlawfully held rifle at, people earlier that evening and was damn lucky nobody shot him then with the number of guns around that evening - Child or not, if he had pointed a loaded gun at me, safety on or off, I would have.

:lol:
ingliz wrote:That guy/child had just shot an unarmed somebody dead. He had no permit or security licence. Given his age he shouldn't even have been carrying a firearm.

Kyle Rittenhouse wasn't hired by an affiliate of a multi-billion dollar corporation though. And Kyle Rittenhouse didn't have the backing the local police and top Jewish tv actresses like Debra Messing to go online and fervently defend him and declare that he wasn't part of whatever extremist group.

Let's not let it just get swept under the rug that two Trump supporters have now been summarily executed now by deranged leftists now in the span of just over one month.

Charlottesville-level violence is happening now every week and it's being perpetrated by Antifa and Burn Loot and Murder extremists and the media are doing their best to pretend that it isn't really a big deal and not covering it in the same way they covered Charlottesville.

Private Security Guard Held in Fatal Denver Shooting, Officials Say

DENVER — A private security guard hired by a Denver television news station was being held by the authorities in connection with a fatal shooting that happened on Saturday after opposing rallies between far-right and far-left activists.

The guard, Matthew Dolloff, 30, was being investigated for first-degree murder, the Denver Police Department said on Twitter on Sunday. He was being held in the Denver County Jail, according to court records.

The shooting occurred at 3:37 p.m. local time, south of Civic Center Park, near the Denver Art Museum, as a right-wing “patriot muster” and a counterprotest “soup rally” organized by a left-wing group, the Denver Communists, began winding down.

The police kept the groups on separate sides of the park, which was divided by an amphitheater and temporary fencing. Some members of the right-wing group filmed and heckled the left-wing activists from across the fencing, though the groups did not engage in a large-scale verbal or physical confrontation, said Chelsea Jacobs, a member of the Denver Communists.

It was unclear whether Mr. Dolloff, whose surname is spelled in jail records as Doloff, had been charged on Sunday. He had a court hearing on Sunday morning, records show, but an arrest affidavit was sealed. The district attorney did not respond to requests for comment and it was unclear if Mr. Dolloff had a lawyer.

Randy Corporon, a lawyer and Republican national committeeman, identified the victim as Lee Keltner. He said he had met Mr. Keltner at the protest on Saturday before the shooting.

Mr. Keltner owned a custom hat business, Crossfire Hats, in Brighton, Colo., about 20 miles northeast of Denver, The Denver Post reported in 2015.

“I love creating new designs and making people happy when they get the hat that they have been searching for,” he said.

Mr. Keltner, who was identified by the police only as a white man, was taken to the hospital, where he died, Joe Montoya, chief of the Police Department’s investigations division, said at a news conference on Saturday.

The medical examiner is expected to identify the body on Monday, a spokeswoman, Tammy Vigil, said.

One of the organizers of the right-wing protest, John Tiegen, said on Instagram on Sunday that he was “deeply saddened to learn of the tragic death of a fellow American patriot.”

A Denver news channel, 9News, reported that a station producer and a contractor had been taken into custody.

“A private security guard who was hired by 9News is the suspect detained by DPD,” the station reported. “It has been the practice of 9News for a number of months to hire private security to protect staff at protests.”

The security guard was contracted through the company Pinkerton, Mark A. Cornetta, president and general manager of 9News, said on Saturday. He said the producer had been released.

Mr. Dolloff has never held the required license with Denver to work as a security guard, said Eric Escudero, a spokesman for the city and county licensing department. “If he was operating as a security guard, he was in violation of the law,” he said.

While Pinkerton had an active license in the city and county of Denver, the company “is legally responsible” for ensuring that its employees are licensed, Mr. Escudero said.

The city has opened an administrative investigation into the matter, he said.

In a statement, Pinkerton said on Sunday that it was gathering information and fully cooperating with law enforcement. “We take loss of life in any situation very seriously,” the statement said.

Later Sunday, the company added: “The agent is not a Pinkerton employee but rather a contractor agent from a third-party vendor. The vendor is responsible for proper licensing for all agents under their employment. It is the responsibility of the vendor to ensure any agents assigned to security projects have the required documentation execute the assignment.”

In the moments before the shooting, the victim, who was wearing sunglasses and a face covering and holding a canister of Mace or a similar substance, had gotten into a loud, heated argument with a man wearing a “Black Guns Matter” shirt, videos posted on social media and photographs by The Denver Post show.

The victim is seen in the photos striking Mr. Dolloff and spraying at him while Mr. Dolloff points a firearm. The victim is then seen splayed on the ground as Mr. Dolloff holds the firearm.

Another video shows several police officers rushing to the scene, shouting, “Drop the gun!” Mr. Dolloff can be seen kneeling on the sidewalk as officers surround him.

Hiring a private guard or security adviser for journalists is a relatively common practice overseas and domestically, Robert Mahoney, the deputy executive director of the Committee to Protect Journalists, said on Sunday.

Internationally, these guards or advisers have been used during wars since the 1990s and most are unarmed, he said. In Iraq, for instance, some journalists became the target of kidnappings.

These security experts often serve as a guide to journalists, he said, and help get them out of potentially dangerous situations if what they are covering takes a turn for the worse.
I don't know why people keep bringing up Kyle Rittenhouse when this incident is more similar to the shooting death of Aaron Danielson carried out by Michael Reinoehl.

In fact, it is almost identical.

There is a man who identifies with the far left, who posed as "security" having shot a conservative after in an incident that may have been instigated by a Black Lives Matter activist. They just show up to pro-Trump/pro-police rallies to start fights and then a white leftist whips out a gun and starts shooting people.

Ever since a member of the right-wing “Patriot Prayer” group was shot and killed during a violent rally in downtown Portland August 29, the police investigation has reportedly focused on 48-year-old Michael Forest Reinoehl, an Army veteran and father of two who has provided what he called “security” at Black Lives Matter protests.

In a conversation with freelance journalist Donovan Farley shared with VICE News, Reinoehl said he believed he and a friend were about to be stabbed, and that he acted in self defense. VICE News has not independently verified details of his story.

“You know, lots of lawyers suggest that I shouldn't even be saying anything, but I feel it's important that the world at least gets a little bit of what's really going on,” Reinoehl said. “I had no choice. I mean, I, I had a choice. I could have sat there and watched them kill a friend of mine of color. But I wasn't going to do that.”

Come to think of it, it is very interesting that VICE was able to get an interview of the man so quickly after the shooting, even before he could have been apprehended by police.

This means that just like the shooter Matthew Dolloff was closely tied to a partisan media outlet, the shooter Michael Reinoehl was also tied to a partisan media outlet.

I guess we can just call it a curious coincidence for now but the pattern is undeniable.
@Igor Antunov

Igor Antunov wrote:How convenient, that which loots and burns and kills but miraculously, doesn't even exist.

That's kind of like an occupying army fighting guerillas or partisans in a war. The enemy is everywhere but nowhere at the same time.
Igor Antunov wrote:
Hope they don't check his Facebook and twitter then...

Got links for those?

Igor Antunov wrote:
How convenient, that which loots and burns and kills but miraculously, doesn't even exist.

Glass-half-empty, huh?

Now what about the killer cops nationwide, and fascists in Michigan and the White House?
maz wrote:I guess we can also declare in Kenosha shooting a clear case of self defense as well, since a skateboard is a far more deadly weapon than mace.

Lessons here:

1. Don't bring a skateboard to a gun fight.

2. Don't bring mace to a gun fight.

2. Don't enter a gun fight even with gun, you have about a 50% survival rate.

3. Gun fights are stupid.

4. If you see a potential gun fight, GTFO immediately. RUN!

5. If you live in a country or jurisdiction, strongly consider moving.

6. Guns are a part of politics, and the very, very worst part. Avoid at all cost.
Mutes they like to protest
To disagree between the lines
Where the mass majority hide

And on the news it's like Mardi Gras
Every night with their shirts off
To shine your ears and eyes

In a restaurant booth I cut my tooth
On these pictures of our sable justice
Given the facts, who can relax?
So easy on death

Love ain't something I remember
Trust ain't something I afford no one
But lately I remember to forget
Can't get shot in the back if you don't run

My fate it lies with someone
Each stranger I'm a part of
And them of I

Across continents and oceans
Transplanted the Great Divide
Even though the Rockies they ain't moved none

In an airport lounge I try and drown
These pictures of our sable justice
But given the facts who can relax?
So easy on death

Love ain't something I remember
Trust ain't something I afford no one
Lately I remember to forget
Can't get shot in the back if you don't run
ckaihatsu wrote:There's nothing at that site that indicates that it's Dolloff's.

I love how the woketards are being super dense about this. If someone makes an ok hand sign they started shrieking nazi but this fucker has a well known antifa symbol tattooed on his arm and they're all like "maybe he just likes the space invaders game" :lol: :knife:
Sivad wrote:
I love how the woketards are being super dense about this. If someone makes an ok hand sign they started shrieking nazi but this fucker has a well known antifa symbol tattooed on his arm and they're all like "maybe he just likes the space invaders game" :lol: :knife:

Are you calling *me* a 'woketard'? Because I'm *class conscious*?
Sivad wrote:
You ain't conscious. Marxism is a zombie ideology, it's been completely discredited but it just won't die. It keeps staggering around, feeding on brains and turning people into mindless extremists who are dead from the neck up.

Actually it reflects the *real world* *very* accurately -- here's from a previous post:

ckaihatsu wrote:
Now what about the killer cops nationwide, and fascists in Michigan and the White House?
Unthinking Majority wrote:
If I were at a protest and I saw just one person with a gun on their hip I'm straight the fuck gone outta there bye felicia.

Which is very strange because there were other protesters in attendance who barely flinched even after the gun was fired and Keltner was executed.

blackjack21 wrote:
They are obviously trying to get out of civil liability.

Dolloff was said to have been hired by a subcontractor who defends the execution.

Video indicates slain protester was upset about being filmed by 9News producer

Isborn Security Services, the subcontractor that provided Matthew Dolloff as a security guard to 9News, says his actions were "strictly defensive in nature."

Matt Isborn, the owner of Isborn Security Services, said Wednesday that his company had hired Dolloff to work for KUSA-TV. He said the information released so far shows that Dolloff’s actions were “strictly defensive in nature” and his quick reaction may have saved the producer’s life.

KUSA-TV said it has hired private security guards for months to accompany its journalists at protests and that Dolloff was hired through the Pinkerton security company. The station said it had asked for guards that were not armed.

Denver officials have said Dolloff did not have a license to work as a security guard in the city. Companies that employ unlicensed guards can have their company licenses suspended or revoked or be ordered to pay fines. The city attorney’s office said Dolloff, Pinkerton and KUSA-TV could also face civil or criminal action.

Isborn’s statement did not address the licensing issue and he did not return a telephone call seeking further comment. In his statement, he said he has hired Dolloff as a contractor for assignments for over a year and he has “demonstrated professionalism and exceptional character.”

Yes, Dolloff defended himself after the guy with the Black Guns Matter was able to escalate the situation and provoke a reaction from Keltner. Actually, if you watch the video, Dolloff put his hands on Keltner's chest (assault) and then got bitch-slapped by Keltner, so Dolloff was the one who actually intitiated the physical confrontation.

The agitator's name is Jeremiah Elliot, and he and 9News producer, Zack Newman who accompanied the shooter were detained and questioned by the police.

Newman is named in the affidavit, but doesn't seem to be mentioned in any other reports.

The rest of the news outlets refer to him as "an investigative journalist," or "the producer." They appear to all be colluding to keep his name out of the out of their stories. I wonder if they are doing that because maybe their own news producers are also engaging in this same kind of activity? Prodicers seem to be the cause of a lot of problems in media because they are the ones in charge of the final product.

This is him admitting that he was at the rally, and in context, it appeared he showed up either with or at least around the same time that the Antifa/BLM terrorists showed up to meet the Patriot Muster. He seemed to have been going there looking for trouble or at best, to be able to get photos in order to make the Patriot Muster look bad so they could write their white supremacist conspiracy theory news stories.

archived

archived

In this video you can see Newman and Dollof clearly singling Keltner out and stalking him.

There was a third individual from 9News, photographer Helen H. Richardson. She was captured on video asking police "I just want to know where they are taking my guy." She has since deleted her Twitter account.

All of this looks very bad on 9News. At best, you could say that they, as a pro-Antifa, far left sympathizing media outlet, went to the rally with the intention to make right wing patriot types look bad and to be able to create sensational, Charlottesville-styled news content.

At worst, you can say that they intentionally showed up with Antifa and other agitators to instigate a violent reaction from right wing patriot types look bad so that they could be able to create sensational, Charlottesville-styled news content.

This looks so bad that I am surprised that the FBI has gone down there to cover things up.

Michelle Malkin is collecting a lot of video and photographic evidence on Twitter and is bringing a lot of information that other news outlets are intentionally omitting.

Michelle Malkin: A Media-Political Assassination in Denver

On a sunny Saturday afternoon, after gathering with Benghazi Marine hero John "Tig" Tiegen at Civic Center Plaza in Denver to show pride in America, hundreds of citizens departed a peaceful "Patriot Muster" feeling inspired. They filed out of the park bedecked in Old Glory, Thin Blue Line flags, and MAGA hats. Some came in wheelchairs and walkers. Students, parents, and grandparents all rallied. Military veterans turned out in force.

Tiegen's men came trained and prepared to defend their supporters. Denver police and Arapahoe County sheriff's deputies kept better order.

Remember: Three months ago, the "Back the Blue" rally that I attended with hundreds of others at the very same Civic Center Plaza was shut down by violent Antifa and Black Lives Matter vigilantes.

Remember: The Denver police union president, Nick Rogers, blew the whistle on how top brass (led by a police chief who marched arm-in-arm with BLM protesters this summer) issued a retreat order while the mob trampled our constitutional rights to free speech and peaceable assembly.

In July, the thugs wielded metal rods, skateboards, and megaphones to threaten and assault law-abiding citizens. Organizer Ron MacLachlan was beaten bloody just feet from me on stage. Republican statehouse candidate Laurel Imer was shoved down the stage steps by Black Lives Matter rioters. Conservative activist Lori Woods was allegedly assaulted by a crazed Antifa agitator and repeat arrestee Caryn Sodaro -- the only violent mob operative charged with a crime.

This time, Tiegen's event went more smoothly. Barriers kept rioters from invading the plaza. Casper Stockham, a black Republican congressional candidate who had also attended the "Back the Blue" fiasco, told me one prominent black militant agitator called him a "house n---a" and challenged him to a fight. The provocateur wore a "Black Guns Matter" T-shirt to deceive the conservative, pro-Second Amendment crowd. The same cretin later threatened to rape female attendees.

"It was disgusting, but those types of things don't stop me," Stockham told me. The "Patriot Muster" almost went off without a single hitch. Almost.

One man who answered the call to "stand up and show up" didn't make it home. From my close analysis of footage and interviews with witnesses, it appears the tragedy was engineered.

As the last group of "Patriot Muster" attendees walked to their cars, the same agitator who accosted Stockham and others also initiated a verbal altercation with 49-year-old Lee Keltner. A cheerful cowboy hat maker, veteran, and father of two from Brighton, Colo., his mission was "keeping the West alive, one hat at a time." While Keltner was trailed by the militant black agitator, a Trump-hating Occupy Denver radical named Matthew Dolloff and a local NBC affiliate investigative producer for Denver's 9News named Zack Newman conferred with each other nearby. At some point, Dolloff handed his cellphone to Newman.

Minutes later, photographers and videographers filmed the agitator aggressively daring Keltner to deploy a can of bear spray he was holding to protect himself as Dolloff and Newman stood by. Keltner resisted engaging in any physical brawl as the agitator escalated the situation. Mere seconds later, he walked away from the agitator only to walk right into what appears to be a deadly ambush with Dolloff. In an instant, Dolloff appeared to grab for something on Keltner's chest (his holstered weapon?) while Keltner slapped at his face. Dolloff then whipped out a gun and blew off Keltner's face as the veteran backed away, spraying his repellant in self-defense.

Newman gawked at the entire melee with two phones in his hand. But photos showed him, bizarrely, not filming the shooting despite being there on assignment for 9News.

Dolloff has been detained under investigation for first-degree murder. Newman was held, and then released.

Here's where it gets weirder and darker.

9News initially identified Dolloff as an armed private security guard contracted through Pinkerton security services. Turns out that he was unlicensed and operating as a security guard illegally in Denver. Pinkerton denied Dolloff was an employee and refuses to name the company, if one exists, that subcontracted Dolloff out. Newman did not respond to my questions about the exact nature of his relationship with Dolloff or how many previous times Dolloff had been his "security guard" at left-wing protests and riots over the past year.

Unanswered questions are piling up:

What did Newman and Dolloff discuss as they shadowed Keltner and the agitator?

Did they have beef with Keltner?

Did Newman or Dolloff know the agitator?

Was Newman, who works for a station that has demonized conservatives all year long while whitewashing the left-wing trashing of downtown Denver, aware of Dolloff's extensive social media footprint calling Donald Trump supporters racist fascists and posting "Rise Up" communist revolutionary propaganda?

What happened to Colorado patriot Lee Keltner should be a national outrage. It was, in my view, a brazen and cold-blooded media-political assassination. Casper Stockham agrees.

"Imagine if this shooting had been the other way around," Stockham said. "There would be nonstop, 24-hour coverage of it."

But because Keltner was part of the "Patriot Muster," and not part of the "Mob Muster" or "Liberal Media Muster," you'll hear nothing but crickets from American Pravda. Their silence is violence.
maz wrote:"Patriot Muster"

It's all in the name...

muster

verb

to gather together as a group or force in preparation for a fight.

This cosplaying with real guns 'patriot' got what he was looking for.

Why are you making such a fuss?

ISIS doing a terrorist attack for money on a Frid[…]

It is true that the Hindu's gave us nothing. But […]

I dont buy it, Why would anyone go for a vacation […]

Israel-Palestinian War 2023

@JohnRawls No. Your perception of it is not. I g[…]