Election 2020 - Page 243 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the USA and Canada.

Moderator: PoFo North America Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
By ingliz
Wulfschilde wrote:the polls are "tightening"

Around two weeks to go and still the only poll that counts is the poll on election day.

You're like little kids at Christmas who are forever picking at the wrapping paper on the biggest box under the tree.

:lol:
Last edited by ingliz on 18 Oct 2020 09:07, edited 1 time in total.
By Sivad
maz wrote:Image

“Journalist”

Biden donor group sends 225k ballot requests, including for dead people

Utah mails 13,000 ballots with missing signature line

Ohio sends out 50,000 incorrect absentee ballots

100,000 NYC voters get ballots with wrong names and addresses

400,000 California ballots sent to people who moved out of state or died

CA ballots duplicated, misprinted, trashed, sent to dead people

99 ballots found in trash in North Arlington

Allentown judge charged for ballot tampering

Hundreds of ballots found in trash in New Jersey

Ilhan Omar connected to cash-for-ballots scheme

Minnesota Democrat: 'vote buying by democrats worse than Somalia'

1,000 duplicate ballots sent out in Virginia

500,000 incorrect absentee ballot applications sent across Virginia, including to dead people

Military ballots found in trash, 78% were for Trump

Memory sticks to program Philly voting machines stolen from elections warehouse

Paterson councilman and councilman-elect charged with voter fraud

California man finds 83 ballots shipped to single address

San Francisco gives illegal aliens right to vote in elections

CA registered 1,500 illegal aliens to vote

Illinois board of elections admit non-US citizens voted illegally

Democrat activist sent hundreds of illegal ballot applications

Over 100 blank Jefferson County absentee ballots found in dumpster

Waste collector finds ballots in dumpster

Ballots found in road in Grand Junction

Santa Monica woman finds dozens of ballots in trash bin

Wisconsin finds trays of mail, absentee ballots in ditch

California woman finds ballots on ground

Between 2012-2018 28.3 million mail-in ballots were lost

Nevada men find registered voters with business addresses, businesses never heard of the voters

https://news.spinquark.com/
By Drlee
Fake news.^^
By Doug64
By Pants-of-dog
@Doug64

Which is more of a threat to democracy: censorship by a private corporation or censorship from the government?
By Wulfschilde
ingliz wrote:Around two weeks to go and still the only poll that counts is the poll on election day.

You're like little kids at Christmas who are forever picking at the wrapping paper on the biggest box under the tree.

:lol:

I've been criticizing polls this entire time. Don't know why you all started acting like preschoolers if you're so confident.
By SpecialOlympian
My idiot baby president didn't get to share his fake article for morons, now I care about censorship and nationalizing social media. It's like that time some guy lost his job for being a nazi and I started caring about worker's rights. I'm smart now.
By Wulfschilde
SpecialOlympian wrote:My idiot baby president didn't get to share his fake article for morons, now I care about censorship and nationalizing social media. It's like that time some guy lost his job for being a nazi and I started caring about worker's rights. I'm smart now.

That sucks for you man but I'm glad that you've learned to care about workers rights and censorship.
By maz
Pants-of-dog wrote:@Doug64

Which is more of a threat to democracy: censorship by a private corporation or censorship from the government?

Government officials and quasi-governmental agencies are tied to the two tech companies involved in censorship. So what is the difference when the line between these tech companies and a specific political party is blurred to this extent?

I remember all of those debates we had about YouTube, Twitter and Facebook censoring information and banning individuals and accounts that they didn't like because they were labeled Nazis or whatever. Look at where we are now; Twitter censoring people in government for posting news articles they don't like!

How is this kind of censorship not a direct threat to our "democracy?"

Facebook expert in charge of election integrity formerly worked as policy adviser to Joe Biden on Ukraine

Facebook’s election integrity expert formerly worked as a special adviser for European policy to Joe Biden while he served as vice president.

Anna Makanju is currently a “legal expert working at Facebook, where she leads efforts to ensure election integrity on the platform," according to her Atlantic Council biography. Before that, she was the “special policy adviser for Europe and Eurasia to former US Vice President Joe Biden.”

Leading up to the 2018 midterms, Facebook partnered with the Atlantic Council to "boost its election security efforts."

Facebook came under scrutiny last week after the social media giant moved to reduce the distribution of a New York Post story claiming recovered emails on a laptop allegedly belonging to Hunter Biden linked Joe Biden to a meeting with an executive of Burisma, a Ukrainian energy company that employed the younger Biden.

“While I will intentionally not link to the New York Post,” said Facebook spokesman Andy Stone. “I want be clear that this story is eligible to be fact checked by Facebook's third-party fact checking partners. In the meantime, we are reducing its distribution on our platform.”

“This is part of our standard process to reduce the spread of misinformation. We temporarily reduce distribution pending fact-checker review,” he added.

In a 2019 Washington Post story, Makanju defended her former boss's actions in Ukraine, saying she listened to calls the former vice president had with Ukrainian leadership and Burisma never came up.

"Burisma was just not significant enough," she told the Post.

Shortly after Facebook took action to limit the story’s reach, Twitter followed suit.

“The link you are trying to access has been identified by Twitter or our partners as being potentially spammy or unsafe, in accordance with Twitter’s URL Policy,” Twitter posted in a message to users trying to share the story.

Facebook did not immediately respond to a Washington Examiner request for comment.

Twitter public policy director decamps for Biden transition team

Twitter public policy director Carlos Monje's exact position on the transition team was not immediately clear.

Twitter's public policy director, Carlos Monje, has left the social media company's Washington office to join the transition team for Democratic presidential nominee Joe Biden, a person familiar with the move said Thursday.

Monje's exact position on the transition team was not immediately clear and Biden's transition team declined to comment. Requests for comment sent to Monje were not immediately returned. But he serves as co-chair of Biden's infrastructure policy committee and helped host a fundraiser for the former vice president this week, according to an invitation obtained by POLITICO.

The person who confirmed Monje's new job spoke anonymously because the individual was not authorized to disclose the information.

Some background: This is not Monje's first foray into presidential transition politics. He previously served as the director of agency review on the team that prepared in vain for Secretary of State Hillary Clinton's administration. He also helped usher the Senate confirmation of two cabinet secretaries as part of the Obama transition team's 2008 national security working group, according to his LinkedIn profile.

Monje is also a veteran of the Obama administration. He was deputy policy director during the former president's first run for office, and he subsequently served as a senior policy advisor and special assistant to the president on the Domestic Policy Council. His final years in the administration were spent at the Transportation Department.

And then at Twitter: Since March 2017, Monje has helped manage Twitter's public policy and government affairs in the U.S. and Canada, including the company's response to interference in the 2016 presidential election and growing criticism over how it moderates content on its sprawling platform.

‘Die in a fire’: Twitter employees reveal deep hatred for Trump

Twitter’s senior executives have a long history of anti-Trump hatred, a Post review of dozens of accounts of top employees found.

The venom, vitriol and, in some cases, vows to help Joe Biden across the finish line in next month’s presidential election continue to live online as the company earlier this week decided to censor The New York Post’s revelations about Hunter Biden’s emails to a consultant for the Ukrainian energy company Burisma.

“GET HIM OUT,” posted a senior site reliability engineer on Aug. 18. “What a f–king baboon.”

One manager with almost nine years on the job said he was quite keen to watch Biden “crush [Trump] in the election” and that he hoped the president would “be utterly humiliated while also suffering greatly from #COVID19.” In another post he fantasized about the president being put on a ventilator.

He calls Trump “a f–king idiot” and the voters who elected him — “hysterically f–king stupid people.”

At the same time the employee has been a consistent cheerleader of his company’s efforts to rein in the president on the platform and curb the spread of “misinformation.”

“I’m really proud of how quickly we’ve worked to make this possible for the US elections,” he wrote.

Others publicly wish the president harm.

One Twitter engineering manager said Trump should “die in a fire” in a January 2017 tweet. A year later, he rang in the new year by saying “Happy 2018! Donald Trump is dead!”

None of these comments have ever been flagged by Twitter or been subject to any other form of official sanction, even as the social-media giant dishes out discipline to others for sharing legitimate news stories that might hurt Biden. The company finally ordered the vicious tweet to be deleted on May 29 — years after being posted.

A consistent theme among employees is a desire to see Trump defeated.

A talent brand program manager cried after Trump was elected president and publicly vowed to oppose him.

A global project manager with more than a decade on the job posted proudly that he was phone banking for Biden.

A vice president in sales finance said supporting Biden alone was not enough, and urged colleagues to spread cash to Dems in competitive Senate races.

One woman has worked at Twitter since 2012, with her only career interruption being a four-month stint as a data analyst for Hillary Clinton’s 2016 presidential campaign. She boasted how her husband twice sued the Trump administration.

“Trump must be defeated,” opined another exec, a group product manager.

One employee took to Twitter last month to inform the world that her pup was part of the resistance as well.

“Every night my dog takes a crap on the lawn of the one house on our street with a Trump sign,” she said proudly.

Ad hominem jabs toward Trump and his administration were commonplace among Twitter’s longtime ranks.

The company’s global creative partnership head has called Trump “swine.” An associate brand strategist labeled the president an “egomaniacal blowhard.” A sales manager in New York called Trump “the Enron of presidents.”

Spreading lies about the Trump family is also not beneath Twitter’s sentinels. A senior staff engineer inquired why the media wasn’t looking into Melania Trump’s “possible stint as a sex worker.” (The first lady denied this allegation and successfully sued over it.)

Twitter’s “head of integrity” Yoel Roth was infamously busted over a series of old tweets revealing him to be a die-hard Trump hater.

In his posts, Roth — who helped author the policy update used by the company to flag and label posts from President Trump — compared White House officials to Nazis and Trump to a “racist tangerine.”

Conservative critics — who have long complained of Twitter’s systemic bias against Republicans — were not surprised.

“It doesn’t take a rocket scientist to figure out why they only selectively enforce these rules. It’s because the people who work there all believe the same things,” GOP strategist Chris Barron told The Post. “A liberal [verified account] never has to pay a price for advocating violence.”

“We do not hire based on political beliefs and completely support our employees’ right to express themselves and support the causes they care about,” Twitter’s Chief Human Resources Officer Jennifer Christie said in a statement to The Post.

“Our employees are professionals, and we require them to bring objectivity to their work regardless of their personal views. We will not be dissuaded from continuing to work to fairly and impartially enforce our rules.”
By Pants-of-dog
maz wrote:Government officials and quasi-governmental agencies are tied to the two tech companies involved in censorship.

Provide evidence for this claim.
By Doug64
Pants-of-dog wrote:@Doug64

At this point in time? Private corporations—Twitter, Facebook, and YouTube are effectively monopolies, and unlike Washington they aren’t bound by the 1st Amendment.

And speaking of the story that Facebook and Twitter tried the protect the Biden campaign from, one more conspiracy theory shot down:

No Russian conspiracy in Biden laptop scandal: DNI Ratcliffe
Director of National Intelligence John Ratcliffe said on Monday there is no evidence that Hunter Biden’s explosive emails are part of a Russian disinformation campaign, specifically calling out Rep. Adam Schiff for spreading the conspiracy without evidence.

“It’s funny that some of the people who complain the most about intelligence being politicized are the ones politicizing the intelligence,” Mr. Ratcliffe said, according to Fox News. “Unfortunately, it is Adam Schiff who said the intelligence community believes the Hunter Biden laptop and emails on it are part of a Russian disinformation campaign.”

“Let me be clear,” Mr. Ratcliffe said. “The intelligence community doesn’t believe that because there is no intelligence that supports that. And we have shared no intelligence with Adam Schiff, or any member of Congress.”

Mr. Ratcliffe appeared on “Mornings with Maria” hosted on Fox Business by Maria Bartiromo.

Mr. Schiff, chairman of the House Permanent Select Committee on Intelligence, immediately blamed Russia last week, without evidence, after the New York Post published a number of emails from a laptop owned by Hunter, son of Democratic presidential candidate Joseph R. Biden.

Mr. Schiff has consistently implied in recent years that the Russians, who hacked the Democrats’ 2016 election computers, are behind various conspiracies. He and other Democrats said a Russian-tied Ukraine politician influenced a probe into Hunter Biden’s finances by Republican senators. The Senators said their staffs never talked to the operative or received any material.

The MacBook Pro laptop was left by Hunter Biden at a repair shop in Wilmington, Delaware, in April 2019, the shop owner told the Senate Homeland Security and Government Affairs Committee.

Mr. Biden never retrieved the machine so after three months the shop owner took possession. He was so disturbed by some of the contents he provided the hard drive to the FBI in late 2019. He later provided copies to Rudy Giuliani, President Trump’s personal attorney.

The email cache shows Hunter Biden arranged a meeting with an executive from Ukraine’s Burisma Holdings, an energy firm that placed Mr. Biden on its board of directors and paid him millions of dollars from 2014-19.

Mr. Biden also had a deal with a Chinese billionaire to pay him $10 billion a year for “introductions only.”

Also, a look at those attending Trump rallies:

Des Moines, Iowa
  • 10,139 voters identified
  • 48.5% not Republican
  • 29.4% Democrat
  • 25.0% didn’t vote in 2016
  • 13.7% didn’t vote in the last four elections

Georgia
  • 11,940 voters matched
  • 27.9% Black
  • 21.8% Democrat
  • 27.5% didn’t vote in 2016

Florida
  • 13,749 voters matched
  • 23.8% not Republican
  • 54.3% Women
  • 24.4% didn’t vote in 2016

Carson City, Nevada
  • 15,038 sign-ups
  • 18.4% not Republican
  • 30.0% didn’t vote in 2016

Muskegon, Michigan
  • 11,842 voters matched
  • 51.7% not Republican
  • 36.0% didn’t vote in 2016

Janesville, Wisconsin
  • 13,850 sign-ups
  • 47.5% not Republican
  • 24.1% didn’t vote in 2016
By SpecialOlympian
Doug64 wrote:And speaking of the story that Facebook and Twitter tried the protect the Biden campaign from, one more conspiracy theory shot down:

This article is basically a word for word reprinting of the NY Post article, which was such garbage that even NY Post journalists didn't want their name on it (they added one journalist's name to the byline without telling her, lol).
By Doug64
@SpecialOlympian, so what facts reported in the article are false?
By Drlee
@maz Government officials and quasi-governmental agencies are tied to the two tech companies involved in censorship. So what is the difference when the line between these tech companies and a specific political party is blurred to this extent?

OK son. You and @Doug64 need to recollect yourselves. You seem to think you are conservatives.

Twitter is private property. It buys the services that allow it to go public. When did a conservative start believing that I can have a private enterprise and not do pretty much what I want of it.

Second. Remember when you supported the SCOTUS in the Citizen's united opinion? To refresh everyone's memory.

The U.S. Supreme Court case known as Citizens United v. FEC, struck down as unconstitutional a federal law prohibiting corporations and unions from making expenditures in connection with federal elections.

So you tell me. What is the difference between using your money to buy advertising on Twitter or, if you own Twitter, using your own property to forward your political agenda? I can't see any.

I am all about free speech rights, but I would fight like hell the notion that someone ought to be allowed to post anything on my property that I did not like. Whether it is true or not (in this case not) is irrelevant.

You have redress of your grievances. You can write to Jack Dorsey and have him take it to the Board of Directors. You can complain on POFO. You can stop reading Tweets. (Though it occurs to me that this would be a form of censorship also.) Or you pout and call everyone a Twitter a bunch of poopy pants.
By SpecialOlympian
Doug64 wrote:@SpecialOlympian, so what facts reported in the article are false?

Everything to do with the laptop, which has been thoroughly debunked. The computer repair guy who supposedly got it appears to have severe mental issues and couldn't give a straight answer to reporters.

The rest is just the strongly right leaning Washington Times (the Moonies newspaper) taking shots at Adam Schiff.

I quoted an article about it a few pages back. The second Rudy Giuliani got his stink on it it should have been apparent to everyone that this is Veritas level bullshit. Rudy is legitimately stupid and is somehow less competent than Veritas, which is a real fucking achievement.
By Pants-of-dog
Doug64 wrote:At this point in time? Private corporations—Twitter, Facebook, and YouTube are effectively monopolies, and unlike Washington they aren’t bound by the 1st Amendment.

So does that make private corporations more of a threat to democracy?
The top battleground state polls show that Biden has virtually the same polling lead in these states as Hillary did in 2016 at this same date before the election. In fact, Trump has a 0.8 higher polling average than in 2016 at this time before the election. For example, Biden is only up by 1.6% in Florida polling averages. This is, shall we say, a bit surprising and unusual given the terrible year he's had politically in 2020 and his overall approval numbers including Trump's handling of COVID. The actual voting results vs the polls varied wildly in 2016 in the swing states, which means that this may not be the blowout some people have predicted or hoped. This election is very much in play. Official betting odds however still favour Biden with a 60% to win.

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/epoll ... 0-vs-2016/
By JohnRawls
Trump is surreal: Shit on the top pandemic/infectious expert in the country while a pandemic is raging while at the same time saying nothing is wrong with Qid Pro Quo arrengements for big business as long as they give him money to get re-elected.

@blackjack21 @Sivad @Doug64 @Wulfschilde

Why is your favourite SIMPing for corporate money and willing to do anything for it it seems?

The actual argument (that the definition is being […]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

Europe being a "tool" in all this is ju[…]

Israel-Palestinian War 2023

...Inane nonsense seeking to derail the topic... […]

https://twitter.com/KimDotcom/status/171886694534[…]