A Good Video for Trump Supporters to Watch - Page 2 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

All general discussion about politics that doesn't belong in any of the other forums.

Moderator: PoFo Political Circus Mods

@blackjack21 ;

On Reagan and the Democrats;

They didn't respect him back then.

Oh, I remember. The media was pretty awful with him. My family was divided about him, mother's side being blue collar union and roman catholic, father's being military and protestant southern evangelicals.

On my political charting;

Well that's interesting. In 2016, Democrats had a voter registration advantage. Something like 35% to 27%. Trump still won. Now it's like 28% Republicans, 27% Democrats, and 40+ independent. Independent voters (like me) are the largest faction in American politics now, which is why it's desperately difficult for the establishment to predict electoral outcomes now.

Which means they need that independent and nationalist populist vote even more than usual. This usually happens when one of the major parties is falling into pieces and a new major party starts to form.

On President Trump and war;

Where do you see that happening? I seem him more like Reagan, building a military he never really uses.

I'm thinking Iran, possibly. But in any case, a Cold War with China is already with us, unless he can come to a deal with Xi Jinping... Which is quite possible also.

On Liberal sanity;

I don't see any signs of the political correctness/woke stuff abating right now. It's going to take a few more losses I think for that to wane.

They go either the route I suggested or turn into an adjunct and trojan horse for Islamists, in which case they'll still lose their extreme Liberalism at the behest of their reactionary allies.
blackjack21 wrote:Fair enough, but these Trump rallies are huge compared to Biden rallies. It's not even close. That suggests Trump has enthusiasm and momentum.

Nobody gives a shit about Biden but Trump has just as many fervid haters as enthusiastic supporters so the turnout for Biden rallies doesn't really tell us much.
@Sivad

Sivad wrote:but Trump has just as many fervid haters as enthusiastic supporters so the turnout for Biden rallies doesn't really tell us much.

Trump with his offensive, disrespectful, divisive rhetoric along with vindictive actions and policies certainly drove voter turn out against him at the polls. No doubt about that. So, why would republicans support a candidate that will drive voter turn out against their candidate? That doesn't make any sense. It certainly seems to be making it harder for republicans to get elected. Even with republican attempts at voter suppression that doesn't seem to be denting the votes against Trump and the republicans very much at least it doesn't seem that way based on what appears to be a huge voter turnout this election. Maybe republicans should start supporting candidates that are more respectful, less divisive, less vindictive and bring the country together.
Politics_Observer wrote:[usermention=45209]Trump with his offensive, disrespectful, divisive rhetoric along with vindictive actions and policies certainly drove voter turn out against him at the polls. No doubt about that. So, why would republicans support a candidate that will drive voter turn out against their candidate? That doesn't make any sense. It certainly seems to be making it harder for republicans to get elected. Even with republican attempts at voter suppression that doesn't seem to be denting the votes against Trump and the republicans very much at least it doesn't seem that way based on what appears to be a huge voter turnout this election. Maybe republicans should start supporting candidates that are more respectful, less divisive, less vindictive and bring the country together.

It would be appropriate for the GOP to lose its Senate majority as punishment for having produced such a terrible president. With the WH, Congress and Senate in the Democrats' hands, the Republicans could creep back into the holes they have come from.
@Atlantis

Atlantis wrote:It would be appropriate for the GOP to lose its Senate majority as punishment for having produced such a terrible president. With the WH, Congress and Senate in the Democrats' hands, the Republicans could creep back into the holes they have come from.

I don't know if they will creep back into the holes they came from, but I do agree that the GOP losing its Senate majority and giving control of both the House and Senate as well as the Presidency to the democrats is an appropriate punishment for the GOP for producing a horrible President.
Atlantis wrote:Today's America is very different. The US is a powerful and rich country. Objectively, Americans don't have a reason to feel such resentment. Still, many apparently do. Perhaps it's the realization that the American way of life has reached its limits and that there is nothing that can bring it back? Perhaps that instills in Americans the same sort of feeling of loss Germans may have experienced after the collapse of the empire? Climate change denial and the determination to continue promoting fossil fuels show that people are scared of the future and want to maintain their previous life-styles at all costs. Trump promises them that time will stand still and that they can get back to a life that no longer exists.

This neurologist seems to agree with me in that Trump voters are driven by fear, a fear created by Trump.

President Donald Trump won’t likely win the 2020 election because the fear he triggered so effectively among voters in 2016 is losing its grip on Americans as they face the facts of his presidency, a neuroscientist believes.

Trump successfully tapped into voters’ fear in his last campaign by relentlessly hyping the threats he claimed America faced, neuroscientist and author R. Douglas Fields explained in an opinion piece Sunday in Scientific American. He concocted a nation dark with peril and Christmas-haters. He demonized immigrants and rival Hillary Clinton.

Trump continues to use the “same strategy of appealing to the brain’s threat-detection circuitry and emotion-based decision process to attract votes and vilify opponents,” but this is losing its impact, Fields argues. (Photo: SAUL LOEB via Getty Images)
More

The fear Trump provoked triggered the part of voters’ brains driven by emotions, especially fear — and overrode critical, rational thought, according to Fields, senior investigator in the nervous system development and plasticity department at the National Institutes of Health.

“Trump’s strategy does not target the neural circuitry of reason in the cerebral cortex,” Fields wrote. “In the 2016 election, undecided voters were influenced by the brain’s fear-driven impulses — more simply, gut instinct — once they arrived inside the voting booth.” Many of them struggled to articulate their position because it was driven by emotion, not thought, according to Fields.

But that initial powerful flush of overwhelming fear that compelled so many to instinctively support Trump is dissolving in increasingly skeptical minds armed with facts, wrote Fields.

Trump continues to use the “same strategy of appealing to the brain’s threat-detection circuitry and emotion-based decision process to attract votes and vilify opponents” — but this is losing its impact, Fields argues.

In a textbook example of his strategy, the president insisted at a Wisconsin campaign rally last month: “[Joe] Biden wants to surrender our country to the violent left-wing mob …. If Biden wins, very simple, China wins. If Biden wins, the mob wins. If Biden wins, the rioters, anarchists, arsonists and flag-burners, they win.”

Fields also noted that the president relentlessly interrupted Biden in the first presidential debate to smother rational discussion and replace it with aggression. “Trump annihilated the format to inflame emotion,” Fields said.

Humans rely on “gut reaction” when they have few facts — including facts about the political newcomer they elected into office and the conspiracy theories he touts. But now Americans know the facts about Trump, Fields said.

Fear-driven appeals will likely persuade fewer voters this time, because we overcome fear in two ways: by reason and experience,” Fields wrote. “Reason” will “quash fear if the dangers are not grounded in fact.”

Portraying Biden as a supporter of the violent far-left must be a bit of a stretch even for most Republicans.
Politics_Observer wrote:@Sivad

Trump with his offensive, disrespectful, divisive rhetoric along with vindictive actions and policies certainly drove voter turn out against him at the polls. No doubt about that.

That has nothing to do with it. Trump isn't any more offensive or disrespectful than any of the crooked lying filth you're voting for, the division has nothing to do with Trump, it's all just braindead partisan politics.
Rugoz wrote:No doubt most Trump voters would have voted Hitler if born and raised in Germany at the time. They have the same mindset.

You probably would've too, since you supported the fascist coup in Bolivia and the war on Libya (which brought back slavery).

:excited:
The war where Gaddafi fell in 2011, that your country along with NATO are responsible for. Now it's a failed state with slave markets and has caused tons of refugees to flee to Western countries, refugees that people who supported the war very likely now cry about.

This is the type of shit posters like Rugoz support. He also supported the fascist coup in Bolivia. And now a cat has his tongue.
Rancid wrote:The mechanisms that Trump uses to hijack the brains of people are very well understood. The thing is, there's not really much anyone can do to stop that. That's how effective a manipulator can be. Think about that friend of yours that has a really nasty manipulative friend, or girlfriend, whatever. No matter how much you tell him he's being used by other people, he just doesn't get it. This is where we are.

Effective manipulation is getting people to vote in 2 elections consecutively for pay to play career crooked politicians who sold access to themselves to communist China, Russia, and Iran, and blindly supporting them. What does mean to be a Democrat supporter?
Politics_Observer wrote:This is a good video for Trump supporters watch. The guy in the beginning of the video talks about how the conditions for totalitarianism comes about and how people get educated and informed a certain way (Fox News) rather through objective journalism. Getting manipulated (Trump manipulating and trying to weaponize his followers). How dictators and people like Trump try to tell their followers they are "superior" or "better than" others. To look down on others. To fear others (Trump saying that all Mexicans are gang bangers and rapists or that we should fear immigrants for example). Trump's rallies sort of remind me of what the guy in the beginning of the video talks about when he talks about some of the rallies he saw.

Good post! Here is another article I think you will like.
https://www.commondreams.org/views/2020 ... at-america
@Senter

Well, you can view the glass as half full or half empty. There is a dark side to everything, everybody and every nation. There is also the good side, the side of the light in every country too. What Trump did was expose the dark side of America. But there is a good side to America too. A lot of whites in the U.S. really showed who they really are when they voted Trump. Not all whites are bad. Just that Trump really exposed the racism, bigotry, selfishness and ignorance of a lot of whites.

https://twitter.com/ShadowofEzra/status/1781137192[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

I love how everybody is rambling about printing m[…]

Desantis made it illegal for cities in Florida to […]

Left vs right, masculine vs feminine

Honestly I think you should give up on hoping to […]