Three rings or one? - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

All general discussion about politics that doesn't belong in any of the other forums.

Moderator: PoFo Political Circus Mods

By Torus34
The 'three rings' in the subject line come naturally from the 'Political Circus' forum section title. The Washington, D.C. scene certainly maps onto a major three ring circus. It's even easy to spot the ringmaster. What act is presently in which ring changes daily and sometimes even more often.

The one ring is that which contains both President of the United States of America Donald Trump and Mr. Joseph Biden. It's the prize fighter's ring. As of today, Saturday, 10/17/2020, there are two recognizable stereotypes. One is the precision boxer, staying away from close contact* and clinching as he methodically piles up points, round by round. The other's the brawler, now tiring and flailing, seeking that one Ingemar Johansson punch.

That's this poor old country mouse's take on the political scene.

Regards, stay safe 'n well. Remember the Big 3: masks, hand washing and physical distancing.

* The pandemic reference is intentional.
By Godstud
One ring to rule them all,
one ring to find them,
One ring to bring them all
and in the darkness bind them.

:D

Yes, USA is a three ring circus.
By Torus34
Godstud wrote:One ring to rule them all,
one ring to find them,
One ring to bring them all
and in the darkness bind them.

:D

Yes, USA is a three ring circus.

[Big grin!]

Yup! I tried for a while to work the Lord of the Rings into that, but gave up and settled for a simpler version. I hope the images I tried to conjure up were at least recognizable as a reflection in a glass, darkly, of the present political scene.

Regards, stay safe 'n well ... and enjoy the weekend.
By Torus34
Tonight [Thursday, 10/22/2020] will see one of the final acts of this year's circus: the final 'debate' between President of the United States of America Donald Trump and Mr. Joseph Biden. Then it's second star to the right and straight on to morning -- in this instance, the morning of 11/4/2020.

I think I'll watch the Giants game. It's less predictable and I'll probably learn more.

Regards, stay safe 'n well. Remember the Big 3: masks, hand washing and physical distancing.

@Drlee Unlike @JohnRawls I don't think Ameri[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

Startup in Muscovy : mother of a Muscovite soldier[…]

Got to watch the lexicon. Heritable is not a real[…]

The only people creating an unsafe situation on c[…]