Election 2020 - Page 249 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the USA and Canada.

Moderator: PoFo North America Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
By Doug64
#15129351
Like Blacks, the Left is determined that Hollywood is to be their plantation, no dissension allowed!

Robert Downey Jr. rips cancel culture as Chris Pratt labeled 'White supremacist' Trump supporter
Actor Robert Downey Jr. ripped cancel culture this week after new attempts to label colleague Chris Pratt as a “White supremacist” and a supporter of President Trump flooded social media.

Critics of Mr. Pratt went into an online frenzy in part because he did not attend an “Avengers” fundraiser for Joseph R. Biden’s Democratic presidential campaign.

Celebrities who attended the event included Mr. Downey Jr., Don Cheadle, Chris Evans, Scarlett Johansson, Paul Rudd, Mark Ruffalo and Zoe Saldana.

“What a world,” Mr. Downey Jr. wrote Tuesday. “The ‘sinless’ are casting stones at my #brother, Chris Pratt. A real #Christian who lives by #principle, has never demonstrated anything but #positivity and #gratitude. AND he just married into a family that makes space for civil discourse and (just plain fact) INSISTS on service as the highest value.”

Marvel’s “Iron Man” was greeted with his own wave of negative feedback for the remarks.

Some comments include:

  • “Literally wtf. He’s a trump supporter. A Trump supporter!”
  • “He’s inherently homophobic, he belongs to a church that is completely and radically conservative.”
  • “And with this comment, you have lost my support. We cannot afford to prop up those that are voting for Trump.”
  • “Damn it. Why are all rich people trash?”
  • “Supporting this white supremacist homophobic anti-LGBTQ+ man but doing nothing when Brie Larson was getting death threats, when Don Cheadle and Zendaya were being attacked by racist trolls for me.”
  • “You’re defending someone who’s openly homophobic and who supports a man who is a fascist white supremacist. this is majorly disappointing
  • He’s just as Christian as Trump and every other RepubliKKKan. Eat sh—.”

Mr. Pratt’s critics also claim he is anti-LGBT because he is a Christian who attends Hillsong Church.

“If you take issue with Chris, I’ve got a novel idea,” Mr. Downey Jr. continued. “Delete your social media accounts, sit with your OWN defects of #character, work on THEM, then celebrate your humanness.”

Mr. Ruffalo also defended Mr. Pratt on Twitter by saying he’s “as solid a man there is.”

“I know him personally, and instead of casting aspersions, look at how he lives his life,” Mr. Ruffalo wrote. “He is just not overtly political as a rule.”
Last edited by Doug64 on 22 Oct 2020 14:39, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
By colliric
#15129354
I'm surprised Downey Jr didn't get cancel cultured himself for publically supporting Mel Gibson. Now he supports Chris Pratt too.

Pratt isn't even a Trump Supporter or Republican, he's a registered Democrat and a known Tulsi Gabbard supporter that donated to her campaign. He's probably going to write in Tulsi, that's probably why he didn't show up.

Those people are morons.
By Pants-of-dog
#15129373
Oxymoron wrote:All are true... your welcome


No. And we know you will almost certainly not provide evidence, so this discussion is almost certainly over.
By Doug64
#15129376
@colliric, in the Left’s eyes, supporting Gabbard was just about as bad as supporting Trump, so I can’t say that I’m surprised that in Pratt’s case they’d make the jump from one to the other. They keep it up, and Pratt might actually end up a Republican.
User avatar
By Oxymoron
#15129377
Pants-of-dog wrote:No. And we know you will almost certainly not provide evidence, so this discussion is almost certainly over.

Yes they are... You claim they are false, you should back that up Admin Edit: Rule 2 Violation
User avatar
By Oxymoron
#15129379
ingliz wrote:Under Trump, the US economy has been hit by the biggest economic contraction ever recorded...

In the second quarter of 2020 - accounting for April, May and June - the economy contracted by over 30%

Source: US Bureau of Economic Analysis

and the highest unemployment rate in more than 80 years...

The rate jumped to 14.7% in April, the highest level since the Great Depression of the 1930s.

Source: US Bureau of Labor Statistics


:)



After a fucking world wide pandemic??? Where all business was closed for months???

Not to mention the economy is recovering at an incredible rate right now.
User avatar
By Wulfschilde
#15129415
Edit: Sorry I suck at math. Democrats have seen a decrease in their lead in Florida, down to 460,000 from 480,000.

Republicans have passed them up with in-person votes, Democrats are still voting by mail though and in large numbers.
User avatar
By JohnRawls
#15129423
Wulfschilde wrote:Edit: Sorry I suck at math. Democrats have seen a decrease in their lead in Florida, down to 460,000 from 480,000.

Republicans have passed them up with in-person votes, Democrats are still voting by mail though and in large numbers.


Are the mail votes counted? Isn't counting like on election day itself along with the in-person votes? It is kinda weird to throw exact numbers like 480k advantage and so on if exact counts are not done.
User avatar
By Oxymoron
#15129425
JohnRawls wrote:Are the mail votes counted? Isn't counting like on election day itself along with the in-person votes? It is kinda weird to throw exact numbers like 480k advantage and so on if exact counts are not done.

exit polls I think
User avatar
By maz
#15129427
colliric wrote:I'm surprised Downey Jr didn't get cancel cultured himself for publically supporting Mel Gibson. Now he supports Chris Pratt too.

Pratt isn't even a Trump Supporter or Republican, he's a registered Democrat and a known Tulsi Gabbard supporter that donated to her campaign. He's probably going to write in Tulsi, that's probably why he didn't show up.

Those people are morons.


I had to look up Chris Pratt. I knew he was some actor guy, but I don't follow much of the Hollywood stuff.

In a Vulture article I found, someone made a list of grievances against him.

For those who don’t follow these things because they lead fulfilling lives, the perceived strikes against Pratt include but are not limited to: his Don’t Tread on Me shirt, his attendance at an Evangelical megachurch with intolerant beliefs about LGBTQ marriage and other religions, and his stubbornly quiet political stance, which recently included skipping an Avengers fundraiser for Joe Biden featuring many other cast members (including Democrat Chris Evans).


I went on to learn that he is now one of the most hated celebrities online right now, and he's been labeled a white supremacist by a bunch of bigots and literal morons on Twitter.

But I was curious about his alleged "intolerant beliefs about LGBTQ marriage" so I clicked on the hyperlink in the article. It came up as a Google Doc entitled "Zoe Church Doctrine of Faith." It doesn't say what this document is, how this is tied to any aforementioned "intolerant beliefs or how it has anything to do with the man at all.

The document does apparently list the Zoe Church's position on marriage which states:

"We believe in the sanctity of marriage as established by the Holy Scriptures, that God created marriage, and that the only legitimate marriage is the joining of one man and one woman. (Genesis 2:24; Romans 7:2-3; 1 Corinthians 7:10-11; Ephesians 5:22-33)."


How is that "intolerant beliefs about LGBTQ marriage?" If that is intolerant beliefs about LGBT marriage, then aren't LGBT beliefs about Christian/traditional marriage also intolerant?

Anyhow, I am just glad that finally that the presidential debates don't involve this goofy shit anymore. Well actually, the white supremacist thing is equally as goofy and that is being talked about in the debates.
By Doug64
#15129433
JohnRawls wrote:Are the mail votes counted? Isn't counting like on election day itself along with the in-person votes? It is kinda weird to throw exact numbers like 480k advantage and so on if exact counts are not done.

The number that have voted is counted, and the party of the voter, for those states that track them, but how they actually voted won’t be determined until Election Day. So since I voted on Tuesday, I show up in Nevada’s running total as a vote cast by an Independent in-person early voter, but the state hasn’t tabulated who I cast my vote for.
User avatar
By Beren
#15129444
"We believe in the sanctity of marriage as established by the Holy Scriptures, that God created marriage, and that the only legitimate marriage is the joining of one man and one woman. (Genesis 2:24; Romans 7:2-3; 1 Corinthians 7:10-11; Ephesians 5:22-33)."

maz wrote:How is that "intolerant beliefs about LGBTQ marriage?" If that is intolerant beliefs about LGBT marriage, then aren't LGBT beliefs about Christian/traditional marriage also intolerant?

You either must be an overzealous fucker or you really can't read or do have serious reading comprehension problems at least while also having a strange logic. It literally says that only a hetero marriage between a man and a woman is really a marriage, how is this supposed to be tolerant of LGBTQ marriage? On the other hand, do LGBTQ people say that only an LGBTQ marriage is really a marriage? It also seems intolerant of polygamy, by the way.
User avatar
By maz
#15129449
Beren wrote:You either must be an overzealous fucker or you really can't read or do have serious reading comprehension problems at least while also having a strange logic. It literally says that only a hetero marriage between a man and a woman is really a marriage, how is this supposed to be tolerant of LGBTQ marriage? On the other hand, do LGBTQ people say that only an LGBTQ marriage is really a marriage? It also seems intolerant of polygamy, by the way.


I know what the statement is supposed to mean, but my point is that their statement doesn't specifically state that they won't be tolerant of LGBT marriage or whatever. I'm just stating what their statement says literally, which only says what they believe to be legitimate, not what they would or wouldn't tolerate.
User avatar
By Beren
#15129450
maz wrote:I guess my point is that their statement doesn't specifically state that they won't be tolerant of LGBT marriage or whatever. I'm just stating what their statement says literally, which only says what they believe, not what they would tolerate.

Sure, let's hope they're law-abiding people and not some religious lunatics, however, the point is that their religious belief system is clearly intolerant of LGBTQ marriage.
#15129474
It's really funny to me that the Trump campaign keeps attacking Hunter because:

1) It's not landing, nobody seems to care except Trump's base who are already tapped into the Trump Expanded Conspiracy Universe.

2) Attacking Hunter for being a drug addict only made Biden more sympathetic because the vast majority of Americans have a friend or relative dealing with addiction issues.

3) Trump's kids lmao, Kushner alone came in with a billion dollars in debt and revised his security clearance application 50+ times because he kept omitting assets/liabilities.

4) Trump can't run on his handling of corona, the economy, stimulus (which McConnell is holding up because he'd rather sabotage Biden than help Trump) and this is just a desperate hail mary reprisal of Hillary's emails.

5) It was recently revealed that Trump had a secret Chinese bank account.
User avatar
By maz
#15129521
The final debate was pretty good!

I remember telling my coworker at work today that I probably wasn't going to watch it because I had some yard work to do plus I don't care about that bullshit anyways. But I finished my work around the time it came on and caught most it it.

Both Biden and Trump did well so I think that overall it was a draw. I might even give the edge to Biden for simply being coherent for 90% of the debate.

Biden has the backing of Twitter, Google and Facebook shutting things down that they disagree with, plus every media outlet and all of their journalist that infest social media running cover for him.

All Biden had to do was to not become incoherent and he would appear to have won the debate. I think he did that until the very end when he started stumbling and slurring a bit.

But of course, when you get a well run corporate production, you aren't going to get questions from the moderator that get to the meat of things.

I noticed a lack of questions related to the things that are actually going right now, or have happened recently.

1) Immigration. What happened to that?
2) Trump impeachment. That actually didn't happen?
3) Russiagate. Remember when Trump colluded with the Russians to hack the elections and turn votes from Hillary to Trump? That shit was still going on in July 2019. It recently came out that Brennan signed off on that shit or something, and Obama and Biden were in on it.
4) Ukrainegate. Remember all those weird "Americans" who had strange ties to Ukrainians, or were Ukrainians, who suddenly appeared on the scene and were experts on the constitution and then just disappeared?
5) Leftist terrorists who are burning down entire swaths of cities and literally executing, violently assaulting or openly threatening the lives and well-being of conservatives?
6) What happened to Qanon and the threat of the satanic pedophiles? What are Joe Biden and Donald Trump going to do to stop the satanic pedophiles?
User avatar
By annatar1914
#15129523
Trump won his re-election. It's over folks, it only gets worse for Biden's campaign after this. Trump let Biden be Biden this time, and Biden lost. Oh, some of you will deny it i'm certain, but my God I've been trying to tell you for many months now.... You know it, we all know it, and Biden knew it too.
User avatar
By colliric
#15129524


Abby Martin hates Donald Trump, even she can see he's still in the race and Biden is a choker.
User avatar
By Beren
#15129525
annatar1914 wrote:Trump won his re-election. It's over folks, it only gets worse for Biden's campaign after this. Trump let Biden be Biden this time, and Biden lost. Oh, some of you will deny it i'm certain, but my God I've been trying to tell you for many months now.... You know it, we all know it, and Biden knew it too.

You must be really impressed. :lol:

maz wrote:Both Biden and Trump did well so I think that overall it was a draw. I might even give the edge to Biden for simply being coherent for 90% of the debate.

This.
  • 1
  • 247
  • 248
  • 249
  • 250
  • 251
  • 423
Were The Crusades Justified?

The Arab world was advanced until it adopted Isla[…]

The 70% figure is based on another study (Ngongha[…]

Religion & spirituality

Where'd you get the idea human survival depends[…]

What is God?

I’m trying to determine the contours of what God […]