The Wuhan virus—how are we doing? - Page 60 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Provision of the two UN HDI indicators other than GNP.
Forum rules: No one line posts please.
#15130975
@Finfinder

If you cannot support your argument with evidence, it is probably wrong.

Your argument is now dismissed because of a lack of evidence.

Learn to debate. You cannot just make claims and assume they are true if no one disproves them. If that were the case, I would want you to claim that I have a billion dollars, and then I would not refute it and it would magically come true and I would be rich.
#15130978
Pants-of-dog wrote:@Finfinder

If you cannot support your argument with evidence, it is probably wrong.

Your argument is now dismissed because of a lack of evidence.

Learn to debate. You cannot just make claims and assume they are true if no one disproves them. If that were the case, I would want you to claim that I have a billion dollars, and then I would not refute it and it would magically come true and I would be rich.


What more evidence do you need? You are dismissing my argument and others are name calling because you know I'm rite.

Pants-of-dog wrote:Learn to debate. You cannot just make claims and assume they are true if no one disproves them. If that were the case, I would want you to claim that I have a billion dollars, and then I would not refute it and it would magically come true and I would be rich.


You need to learn to give up when you are wrong. You all are reactionaries who did not read my post for comprehension. I can make any claim I want and it is easily proven by common sense if you don't have any common sense then maybe you shouldn't try to debate this in the first place.
#15130981
Finfinder wrote:What more evidence do you need? You are dismissing my argument and others are name calling because you know I'm rite.


You have not presented any evidence at all. That means you are almost certainly not right.

You need to learn to give up when you are wrong. You all are reactionaries who did not read my post for comprehension. I can make any claim I want and it is easily proven by common sense if you don't have any common sense then maybe you shouldn't try to debate this in the first place.


Stop making personal attacks and use Google to find evidence. Try typing in “covid athletes infected by sport”.
#15130986
Pants-of-dog wrote:You have not presented any evidence at all. That means you are almost certainly not right.



Stop making personal attacks and use Google to find evidence. Try typing in “covid athletes infected by sport”.


If no one has died from playing a sport..... they must have died playing a sport because I didn't prove it to POD. LOL listen to yourself.

This is a typical back and forth with POD.. You say literally nothing you prove literally nothing and you raise your post count and always always have to get the last word with a fabrication.

I'm right and you know it. BTW stop being dishonest and fabricating and making up quotes. In the future if you are going to quote me use the quote function don't just make things up.
#15130990
Well kids...Canada has/is is in the midst of Corona 19 increases. It's thought to have arisen from Thanksgiving partying. America, your Thanksgiving is upcoming. Pay attention and keep the party dead small. Hopefully it's only one year.
#15130998
Stormsmith wrote:Well kids...Canada has/is is in the midst of Corona 19 increases. It's thought to have arisen from Thanksgiving partying. America, your Thanksgiving is upcoming. Pay attention and keep the party dead small. Hopefully it's only one year.


First the people on tv told us the large gatherings, except for Black Lives Matter protests, were the causes of cases, and now they are telling us that the way to slow cases is to avoid small gatherings.

When are we going to finally end this stupid hysteria and just live with whatever is going on? Are people really dumb enough to live in fear of a virus that is mostly asymptomatic for most people and a 99% + survival rate?
#15131000
Finfinder wrote:No teams have had to quarantine the entire teams

Google is my friend...

Sep 2, 2020.

Four UNO sports teams are quarantined after athletes test positive — The four teams in quarantine are men's basketball, women's softball, men's baseball and women's volleyball, UNO Chancellor Jeffrey Gold said ...


:)
#15131004
Finfinder wrote:If no one has died from playing a sport..... they must have died playing a sport because I didn't prove it to POD. LOL listen to yourself.


No.

I never made a claim one way or the other. At this point, I have no idea if anyone has contracted the Trump virus by playing. The evidence suggests that people have contracted the virus at training camps and tournaments.

By “evidence”, I mean the article I quoted. You have not provided any evidence so far.

This is a typical back and forth with POD.. You say literally nothing you prove literally nothing and you raise your post count and always always have to get the last word with a fabrication.

I'm right and you know it. BTW stop being dishonest and fabricating and making up quotes. In the future if you are going to quote me use the quote function don't just make things up.


Stop making personal attacks and use Google to find evidence. Try typing in “covid athletes infected by sport”.
#15131018
@maz

Re: When are we going to finally end this stupid hysteria and just live with whatever is going on? Are people really dumb enough to live in fear of a virus that is mostly asymptomatic for most people and a 99% + survival rate



Its not the living with it thingee, it's the dieing with it, or surviving w/it and having lasting damage. It's probably going to cause your healthcare to sky rocket
#15131020
Besides, if 99% of those infected survives and every is infected, then it means 1% of the population dies. In the US, that means 3.3m people.

And this is under the current circumstances, where there are policies in place to prevent such a massive infection as to overwhelm the healthcare system. IF that happens, the probability of death will go up.
#15131023
wat0n wrote:Besides, if 99% of those infected survives and every is infected, then it means 1% of the population dies. In the US, that means 3.3m people.

And this is under the current circumstances, where there are policies in place to prevent such a massive infection as to overwhelm the healthcare system. IF that happens, the probability of death will go up.


If I am reading the CDC influenza page, it looks like the mortality rates of pneumonia, influenza as well as the coronavirus are all being lumped together.

https://www.cdc.gov/flu/weekly/index.htm

How will we every be able to determine the true rate of deaths for people who died from coronavirus?
#15131026


Justin Turner was mysteriously removed from the starting lineup after the 7th inning in Game 6, which made me wonder what happened to him. It turned out that he tested positive for Covid-19 and needed to be quarantined in the middle of the important game. However, he was later allowed in to join the team for a group photo. Probably there is a team cluster and some other teammates would have been infected with the virus. But luckily for the Dodgers, Turner's positive test result did not come up until Game 6.

Image
#15131036
Finfinder wrote:Athletes catching Covid outside their bubbles is what your point is.

Posting what most consider common sense is not a personal attack.


If you have no evidence, you should not be making claims.

Also, Christian Wood of the Detroit Pistons tested positive shortly after playing a game against the Utah Jazz, which (unknowingly) had two infected players on the court at the game. It is almost certain he was infected while playing the game.
#15131039
maz wrote:
How will we every be able to determine the true rate of deaths for people who died from coronavirus?


There's gonna be a flood of studies by skeptical(real) scientists over the next 12-18 months and we'll all know what a hot load of shit this has all been. This retarded fucking hoax is gonna be totally eviscerated in very short order.
#15131060
maz wrote:If I am reading the CDC influenza page, it looks like the mortality rates of pneumonia, influenza as well as the coronavirus are all being lumped together.

https://www.cdc.gov/flu/weekly/index.htm

How will we every be able to determine the true rate of deaths for people who died from coronavirus?


We'll have a better idea after the pandemic ends. Right now, the "true" rate is indeed uncertain.

But keep in mind that even what we are observing is after restrictions, lockdowns, mask wearing, etc. If nothing had been done, the death toll would have been higher even if we don't know the actual rate just yet.
#15131065
To @maz and others who claim that doctors don't know what people die of, please present some fucking evidence for this really really really stupid claim.

Doctors do know when people die of Covid-19. To claim otherwise is sheer idiocy.
#15131106
Godstud wrote:To @maz and others who claim that doctors don't know what people die of, please present some fucking evidence for this really really really stupid claim.

Doctors do know when people die of Covid-19. To claim otherwise is sheer idiocy.


I didn't say that doctors didn't know what people where dying from.

Sivad wrote:There's gonna be a flood of studies by skeptical(real) scientists over the next 12-18 months and we'll all know what a hot load of shit this has all been. This retarded fucking hoax is gonna be totally eviscerated in very short order.


It's already happening; mostly with independent doctors, scientists and statisticians though. All kinds of people are looking at different data and a lot it is not matching up with what these local health officials and news reports are claiming.

Doctors in Spain have staged a medical strike over new covid restrictions.

The WHO has already come out and said lock downs should only be a measure of last resort, and Germany just announced that they would do a regional lock down.

If they work, then why do they have to keep doing them over and over?

Remember the bird flu from 2005? They were saying a lot of the same things about that as they were saying about covid19. They even had that mathematician Neil Ferguson with the same wildly inaccurate restrictions.

Bird flu pandemic 'could kill 150m'

A global influenza pandemic is imminent and will kill up to 150 million people, the UN official in charge of coordinating the worldwide response to an outbreak has warned.

David Nabarro, one of the most senior public health experts at the World Health Organisation, said outbreaks of bird flu, which have killed at least 65 people in Asia, could mutate into a form transmittable between people.

"The consequences in terms of human life when the pandemic does start are going to be extraordinary and very damaging," he said.

He told the BBC that the "range of deaths could be anything between five and 150 million".

A highly pathogenic form of bird flu, known as the H5N1, has led to the culling of tens of millions of birds in south-east Asia, but efforts to contain it have not prevented it spreading as far as the Ural mountains in Russia.

Carried by wildfowl, it spreads quickly among poultry flocks and has killed people living or working in close proximity to infected birds. Scientists fear the virus could evolve into a form which could be passed from human to human with catastrophic consequences.

Last month Neil Ferguson, a professor of mathematical biology at Imperial College London, told Guardian Unlimited that up to 200 million people could be killed.

"Around 40 million people died in 1918 Spanish flu outbreak," said Prof Ferguson. "There are six times more people on the planet now so you could scale it up to around 200 million people probably."

A Department of Health contingency plan states anywhere that there could be between 21,500 and 709,000 deaths in Britain.
#15131129
maz wrote:If they work, then why do they have to keep doing them over and over?


Insanity: Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Germany, poster child of Covid Europe just six months ago is exceeding 10000 cases a day. So how has track and traced worked there? Wasn't that the purpose of the lockdown initially? And wasn't everyone saying how great Germany were doing last April. Not any more it seems. Everyone is forgetting Germany today.

So they are now back in lockdown for a shorter less severe 4 weeks during the winter season. Why? So they can have a Christmas. My guess, you know... from experience, they will be in the exact if not a worse position in mid December regardless what actions they take now. Especially as it simply isn't long enough. I look at Wales today and see the clusterfuck they are going through with a 2 week firebreak. It's a farce. Not because of what effect it is having in spreading the virus. Which I doubt is hardly anything. But because lockdowns have repercussions outside Covid related topics. It isn't like it is "Covid vs the economy". It is "Covid vs everything else". And some of those 'everything else's' include other health issues.

Governments around the world have backed a three legged, blind donkey. And rather than admit they backed the wrong horse, they continue to put more money on it despite it running the wrong way on the course. In the end they will get stung massively financially without anything the otherside. We have people here complaining about school meals and the government can't even afford that because of what this clusterfuck is costing. So naturally when the government has to somehow look at paying for all this, I doubt anyone is going to be happy about paying higher taxes and that will lower their already shit ratings. I look forward to that. And to be frank they will get what they deserve. Because ultimately, when everyone has been exhausted and they have run out of options, they will have to resort to everyone taking responsibility for there own safety rather than tarnish everyone with the same brush and that should have been the strategy to being with.
  • 1
  • 58
  • 59
  • 60
  • 61
  • 62
  • 70
What is God?

Indeed. Perhaps that's the crux. Everyone has a […]

There is more evidence for a definite beginning o[…]

Election 2020

Also what do you think about this? It's ano[…]

Biden breaks his foot

@Verv Seeing as there are numerous indictments […]