Celebrations as Chile votes by huge majority to scrap Pinochet-era constitution - Page 4 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Talk about what you've seen in the news today.

Moderator: PoFo Today's News Mods

#15131428
wat0n wrote:Not at all.


Yes you do. You defend the elites in Chile, Venezuela, Bolivia. You support regime-change wars and economic blockades. That's what you're about, so please, stop crying for the fash, it's not a good look.
while Israel is about a lot more than simply class conflict.


Actually it's entirely about class. The class you defend are the ones who are the supremacists and the class you ignore are those who are living under the first group's military occupation and genocide.

What I can see though is that you support assigning political power based on genetics. And based on your posting history, those ethnic groups you dislike are to get no political power whatsoever, assuming you don't want to simply murder them all.


Which ethnic groups do I dislike? :lol:

I support equality for all, not the class with power, that's your jig.
#15131434
skinster wrote:Yes you do. You defend the elites in Chile, Venezuela, Bolivia. You support regime-change wars and economic blockades. That's what you're about, so please, stop crying for the fash, it's not a good look.


Weird, I see you supporting all of that when done against the countries you don't like. I would also add torture and murder to that list at that - as easily proven by your support for Bashar al Assad.

skinster wrote:Actually it's entirely about class. The class you defend are the ones who are the supremacists and the class you ignore are those who are living under the first group's military occupation and genocide.


Projecting much?

skinster wrote:Which ethnic groups do I dislike? :lol:

I support equality for all, not the class with power, that's your jig.


Jews, Kurds and others that have been massacred by your bro Bashar al Assad.
#15131437
Pants-of-dog wrote:@Oxymoron

Your rudeness is also not an argument.

—————————-

The elections for the members of the constitutional convention will be much the same as normal elections, with two significant changes:

1. There will be an attempt at gender parity so that half this body is made of women.

.


Your in ability to debate and understand is also not an argument....

1. gender parity cause fuck qualifications :lol:
#15131440
wat0n wrote:Weird, I see you supporting all of that when done against the countries you don't like. I would also add torture and murder to that list at that - as easily proven by your support for Bashar al Assad.


My support for the Syrian Arab Army against imperialism is not something I'm ashamed of, whereas here you, again, support imperialism (under a Salafi agenda in Syria too)

Projecting much?


No. It's clear you can't even begin to deal with your support for Zionism because we both know yet again, it's you supporting the supremacists. Not sure how Palestinians are the group with power in your mind, if I'm to even entertain your "projection much?" dumb-response. :lol:

Jews, Kurds and others that have been massacred by your bro Bashar al Assad.


Which ethnic groups do I dislike? :lol:

I am also amused that whenever you have nowhere to go, you bring up my defence against imperialism in Syria as if it's not consistent with my politics in general. Weak sauce, wat0n, I'm too busy laughing at you to even feel embarrassment on your behalf. :lol:
#15131443
skinster wrote:My support for the Syrian Arab Army against imperialism is not something I'm ashamed of, whereas here you, again, support imperialism (under a Salafi agenda in Syria too)


I know you are not, but it completely shows how full of crap your support for human rights is. The only issue in your view is the identity of the victims, not that there are victims.

skinster wrote:No. It's clear you can't even begin to deal with your support for Zionism because we both know yet again, it's you supporting the supremacists. Not sure how Palestinians are the group with power in your mind, if I'm to even entertain your "projection much?" dumb-response. :lol:


I can easily see how Assad is the guy with power in Syria at least. Again, projecting much?

skinster wrote:Which ethnic groups do I dislike? :lol:

I am also amused that whenever you have nowhere to go, you bring up my defence against imperialism in Syria as if it's not consistent with my politics in general. Weak sauce, wat0n, I'm too busy laughing at you to even feel embarrassment on your behalf. :lol:


I already mentioned the ethnic groups you dislike. It shows how full of shit your human rights and anti-racism advocacy is.

And as for your supposed anti-imperialism, it's as easy as seeing your support for Chinese encroachment on the territorial sea of its neighbors.
#15131449
Yeah, no arguments as usual.

Now, going back to Chile. The day politicians reached their agreement to (possibly) start a Constitutional change, one of the magazines of the Chilean Navy published an op-ed essentially calling for a reversal of the 2005 reforms that greatly reduced the military's influence in Government and politics in general. Now that there will be a process to draft a new Constitution, what will the military do? So far they've remained silent, and the Chilean Left has little love or interest in indulging on their demands (and, personally, I'm also against going back to the pre-2005 arrangement). Will the military accept it? Will the military accept what will almost surely include taking away many of their privileges? Or we will see them returning to politics in full force?
#15131512
Rugoz wrote:So what will be the electoral system for this convention?


Yesterday, they added 23 new spots for indigenous peoples. It seems they will run on a single national district, I'm not sure about more details than that. It's possible they haven't even figured that out yet.

The remaining 155 spots will be determined using the current system, with minor changes (independent candidates can form their own lists and they have a lower thresholds of signatures to register their candidacy than those who are members of political parties do).
#15132062
I hope the Chileans don't let the red fascist gulagists hijack the process, it would be a shame to get rid of one shit constitution just to put another shit constitution in its place. Life would be so much easier if there weren't extremists always trying to ruin shit with their psychotic idiocy.
#15132067
Sivad wrote:I hope the Chileans don't let the red fascist gulagists hijack the process, it would be a shame to get rid of one shit constitution just to put another shit constitution in its place. Life would be so much easier if there weren't extremists always trying to ruin shit with their psychotic idiocy.

I do partially agree in the sense that I hope someone illiberal doesn't get in and that the movement remains a democratic one.
#15132071
Random American wrote:I do partially agree in the sense that I hope someone illiberal doesn't get in and that the movement remains a democratic one.


The system can't be purely democratic because pure democracy is two wolves and a sheep voting on what's for dinner. In order to be just, democracy needs to be a balanced by a robust bill of rights for individuals and it needs to be fairly weighted to protect minority interests.
#15132088
Sivad wrote:I hope the Chileans don't let the red fascist gulagists hijack the process, it would be a shame to get rid of one shit constitution just to put another shit constitution in its place. Life would be so much easier if there weren't extremists always trying to ruin shit with their psychotic idiocy.


This is not a real worry or plausible threat to the democratic process.

You have to remember that almost all Chilean leftists were killed or exiled less than fifty years ago. The few that remained are all octogenarians with little influence on the youth driving the movement.

On the other hand, the young politicians who came to power during the dictatorship are still around and are actually influencing the process as we speak. These people not only have political power but also control most of the wealth.

To be scared of the former while ignoring the latter is unrealistic.
#15132092
Pants-of-dog wrote:This is not a real worry or plausible threat to the democratic process.

You have to remember that almost all Chilean leftists were killed or exiled less than fifty years ago. The few that remained are all octogenarians with little influence on the youth driving the movement.

On the other hand, the young politicians who came to power during the dictatorship are still around and are actually influencing the process as we speak. These people not only have political power but also control most of the wealth.

To be scared of the former while ignoring the latter is unrealistic.


Well if the country voted overwhelmingly in favor of scrapping the crazy wingnut Pinochet constitution the wingnuts can't be that influential. And it doesn't matter if the gulagists are a minority, they'll still be trying to hijack the process and ruin everything. Chile will wind up with some crazy commie wokejob bullshit like carbon emissions are racist written into the constitution.
Boxing

I have wanted to get a punching bag at home for ye[…]

Cherry-picked time periods are unscientific and re[…]

Re-read the text. I didn't call anyone Barbaric[…]

The UK made a big fuss about the EU's Article 16 e[…]