Arctic Methane. Has 2020 triggered a tipping point? [It seems, Just Have a Think, says, yes.] - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

All general discussion about politics that doesn't belong in any of the other forums.

Moderator: PoFo Political Circus Mods

Arctic Methane. Has 2020 triggered a tipping point? [It seems, yes.]
33,389 views • Nov 15, 2020
Just Have a Think

Scientists have found that Methane is being released into the Arctic waters 8 to 100 times faster than before. And, it will keep speeding up every year for decades. Draw your own conclusion.

This needs to get more eyes than if it is relegated to Science & Tech. It is political.!!
Potemkin wrote:It would be ironic (yet somehow strangely fitting) if the fate of humanity was sealed by a giant fart in the Arctic. Lol. :excited:

Whether it comes from the Arctic or from Washington, DC, it's an ill wind.

Regards, stay safe 'n well. Remember the prophylactic Big 3: masks, hand washing and physical distancing.

Reminder. I try to respond to all who quote my posts. If you do not get a response from me, it may be that you've made it onto my 'Ignore' list.
Torus34 wrote:Whether it comes from the Arctic or from Washington, DC, it's an ill wind.

This is the way the world ends
Not with a bang but a fart.

:excited:
I, strongly, suggest that you-all keep an eye on methane releases in the Arctic next summer and fall.

If they shoot up, as it seems that they will, then humanity has only many years or a very few decades left to enjoy life. After that things will heat up and go to hell fast.

I, therefore, propose that if that happens we might as well stop worrying about the future and just live life as if you are going to surely die tomorrow.

Specifically, the Govs. of the world should deficit spend to give money to all citizens so the economy stops making the workers be in despair, and instead let them work, so that everyone can live well for the next few decades.

As an analogy, when a city is under siege by an enemy who will sack the city (killing all or almost all) if they can, and it slowly becomes obvious that their siege works are reaching the walls and the end is near, THEN in this case doesn't it make sense to stop rationing the food and just have a big feast to eat all they can before the sack of their city?
Steve_American wrote:I, strongly, suggest that you-all keep an eye on methane releases in the Arctic next summer and fall.

If they shoot up, as it seems that they will, then humanity has only many years or a very few decades left to enjoy life. After that things will heat up and go to hell fast.

I, therefore, propose that if that happens we might as well stop worrying about the future and just live life as if you are going to surely die tomorrow.

Specifically, the Govs. of the world should deficit spend to give money to all citizens so the economy stops making the workers be in despair, and instead let them work, so that everyone can live well for the next few decades.

As an analogy, when a city is under siege by an enemy who will sack the city (killing all or almost all) if they can, and it slowly becomes obvious that their siege works are reaching the walls and the end is near, THEN in this case doesn't it make sense to stop rationing the food and just have a big feast to eat all they can before the sack of their city?

"Let us eat, drink and be merry, for tomorrow a giant Earth-fart may kill us all." :excited:

Sounds like perfect organized crime material ex[…]

@wat0n Your obsession with sexual violence is[…]

Since you keep insisting on pretending that the I[…]

Commercial foreclosures increase 97% from last ye[…]