Election 2020 - Page 420 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the USA and Canada.

Moderator: PoFo North America Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
By colliric
SpecialOlympian wrote:I hope he doesn't and I hope he fights to the end when the Secret Service drags him out of the White House.

But Trump would more likely just fly down to Mar-A-Lago and tweet angrily.

So we hope for the same thing? Why are we arguing again?

:p ;) :up:
By jimjam
it will be soooooo nice not to see Fatso's face everywhere I look :)

Not to mention his pathetic daughter

Puke inducing ^
By Dimetrodon
The more I look at this election the more I view the Republican Party as nothing more than a bunch of lowlifes, especially the so called "libertarians" who's whole MO is "fuck you, I've got mine" and support authoritarian wannabe despots and fake "Christians" who exploit their region to justify power.
By ingliz
Keeping a count in the legal shenanigans...

Biden 35-1 Trump

Source: Marc Elias chair of Perkins Coie's Political Law Group

:lol:
By Drlee
@colliric

You should be happy about this election. With Trump gone your country has at least some chance of resisting its inevitable annexation by China. Biden will protect your sunburned continent.
By ingliz
Pennsylvania has certified the final vote counts.

“Today’s certification is a testament to the incredible efforts of our local and state election officials, who worked tirelessly to ensure Pennsylvania had a free, fair and accurate process that reflects the will of the voters.”

— Gov. Tom Wolf
By colliric
Drlee wrote:@colliric

You should be happy about this election. With Trump gone your country has at least some chance of resisting its inevitable annexation by China. Biden will protect your sunburned continent.

No he won't... The Republican Party has always been better for Australia (& the UK although they refuse to admit it).
By Drlee
Rrriiiggghhhttt. They refuse to admit it. Right.

What is means is that Australia has to get back into the climate business. Trump gave you an excuse to pull out but that won't fly now.
By colliric
Saeko wrote:It doesn't surprise me that 'Strayans prefer the criminal President. :excited:

Majority of Australians preferred Bush at the time too. He called John Howard his "Deputy" and most Australians took that as a compliment since they voted Howard remain PM. The Liberal Party was in federal government back then also, lost power to Labor just the year before Obama also won.

Australia usually benifits with the Liberal+Republican or Labor+Democrat dynamic. Since the Liberal party is in power, they'd get along better with a Republican administration.

Now they're going to get the Liberals+Democrats treatment which means the governmental relationship is going to be strained until one of them goes.
By pugsville
colliric wrote:Majority of Australians preferred Bush at the time too. He called John Howard his "Deputy" and most Australians took that as a compliment since they voted Howard remain PM. The Liberal Party was in federal government back then also, lost power to Labor just the year before Obama also won.

Australia usually benifits with the Liberal+Republican or Labor+Democrat dynamic. Since the Liberal party is in power, they'd get along better with a Republican administration.

Now they're going to get the Liberals+Democrats treatment which means the governmental relationship is going to be strained until one of them goes.

No most Australians resented the "deputy" slur. The Idea that the "proof: they like dit was the reelection of Howard is just totally bizarre. Like it was the sole determinant of people voting.

Logic fail.
By colliric
pugsville wrote:No most Australians resented the "deputy" slur. The Idea that the "proof: they like dit was the reelection of Howard is just totally bizarre. Like it was the sole determinant of people voting.

Logic fail.

I admit, Labor leader Mark Latham didn't help when he fell headfirst into that PR media trap at the radio station that PM John Howard set for him. Getting in Howard's face and towering over him, while the media pack was present, was a disaster.

I voted for Latham by the way. Don't regret it either, probably vote for him again.
By pugsville
colliric wrote:I admit, Labor leader Mark Latham didn't help when he fell headfirst into that PR media trap at the radio station that PM John Howard set for him. Getting in Howard's face and towering over him, while the media pack was present, was a disaster.

I voted for Latham by the way. Don't regret it either, probably vote for him again.

Latham? Dumb bovver boy, bit like Downer without the facile charm, I almost rather the plastic construct that was Rudd.

Howard was smart operator. A Rat though.
By Rugoz
colliric wrote:Majority of Australians preferred Bush at the time too.

Not exactly what the polls say (that they prefer Trump).

Obama 2016:

Hillary 2016:

Trump 2016:

Trump 2018:
By ingliz
XogGyux wrote:What Trump should do is fire all his lawyers, and present the case himself

President Trump is due to join his personal lawyer Rudy Giuliani in Gettysburg, Pennsylvania, today at a Republican-led state Senate Majority Policy Committee hearing to discuss alleged election irregularities.

:)
By Tainari88
@ingliz I find these clips in black and white of early television culture very interesting. Here is Rod Serling (The Twilight Zone, etc) talking about the topic of race very dated yet interesting. Notice how he smokes like a chimney and doesn't care about politically correct terminology and how uncomfortable the others are when he addresses racism without much apologetics? I find these 'period' pieces interesting. Because you contrast them with how people address social and culture issues today and it sounds totally impersonal and canned.

By Potemkin
Tainari88 wrote:@ingliz I find these clips in black and white of early television culture very interesting. Here is Rod Serling (The Twilight Zone, etc) talking about the topic of race very dated yet interesting. Notice how he smokes like a chimney and doesn't care about politically correct terminology and how uncomfortable the others are when he addresses racism without much apologetics? I find these 'period' pieces interesting. Because you contrast them with how people address social and culture issues today and it sounds totally impersonal and canned.

That's the effect of "political correctness". While enforcing a certain degree of consideration for other people's feelings has been a good thing in my view, it comes at a high cost - a lack of sincerity. As Oscar Wilde once pointed out, hypocrisy is the tribute which vice pays to virtue. Political correctness is all about collecting that tribute. Back in the 1950s, most people felt no need to be hypocritical about offensive or disturbing social or moral issues. They just said it how they saw it.
By Tainari88
Potemkin wrote:That's the effect of "political correctness". While enforcing a certain degree of consideration for other people's feelings has been a good thing in my view, it comes at a high cost - a lack of sincerity. As Oscar Wilde once pointed out, hypocrisy is the tribute which vice pays to virtue. Political correctness is all about collecting that tribute. Back in the 1950s, most people felt no need to be hypocritical about offensive or disturbing social or moral issues. They just said it how they saw it.

This is why I think political correctness is total bull. Changing your language is not going to help anyone. What will help is changing your behavior and your actions and thoughts about the group of people you are no longer willing to offend.

I don't care about offending foolish posters in PoFo who are all into two-faced swishy washy ways of coping with their political points of view. They change stances and positions all the time hoping to be in the 'in' crowd and so on? Who cares if you offend them with your way of seeing things. I detest people who are spineless in life. Whether that be in politics, morals, religions, value systems, and anything that defines you as a human being in this world. I don't like people who don't believe they are from an ethnic group or deny they have ethnicity and that it shapes their mentality, culture, and ways of thinking and then turn around and make blanket generalizations about other cultures they have never studied or interacted before. They change their mind like changing underwear and politically they are chameleons and horrors of inconsistency.

You find them on PoFo and in life. Be consistent, know why you believe what you believe and why you find that political point of view the truth for you. Why change if you can't find a good enough reason for the change to be critical for you to do? You should not change just because others do it. You should change because something in life has revealed that what you previously believed no longer convinces you that that is truthful and accurate about some aspect of life or politics.

How are you feeling this fine morning eh Potemkin? ;)
By Potemkin
Tainari88 wrote:This is why I think political correctness is total bull. Changing your language is not going to help anyone. What will help is changing your behavior and your actions and thoughts about the group of people you are no longer willing to offend.

Political correctness only deals with the superficial aspects of human interaction - basically, it's a form of political etiquette, and is just as arbitrary and capricious as any other form of etiquette. Some people just don't care if one should tilt one's soup bowl away from oneself or towards oneself. Lol. ;)

I don't care about offending foolish posters in PoFo who are all into two-faced swishy washy ways of coping with their political points of view. They change stances and positions all the time hoping to be in the 'in' crowd and so on? Who cares if you offend them with your way of seeing things. I detest people who are spineless in life. Whether that be in politics, morals, religions, value systems, and anything that defines you as a human being in this world. I don't like people who don't believe they are from an ethnic group or deny they have ethnicity and that it shapes their mentality, culture, and ways of thinking and then turn around and make blanket generalizations about other cultures they have never studied or interacted before. They change their mind like changing underwear and politically they are chameleons and horrors of inconsistency.

They usually call themselves "centrists"; what the word "centrist" usually seems to mean is just "I've never really thought about politics in my life, but I like people to approve of me." Well, no doubt most people will murmur their approval of their political opinions at cocktail parties, and I suppose they therefore get what they want. But as Jesus said, "They already have their reward."

You find them on PoFo and in life. Be consistent, know why you believe what you believe and why you find that political point of view the truth for you. Why change if you can't find a good enough reason for the change to be critical for you to do? You should not change just because others do it. You should change because something in life has revealed that what you previously believed no longer convinces you that that is truthful and accurate about some aspect of life or politics.

That requires people to have strong personal convictions, which in turn requires them to not be afraid of offending people.

How are you feeling this fine morning eh Potemkin? ;)

Not too bad @Tainari88 - I'm currently transferring some of my books from cardboard boxes onto the shelves of a revolving bookcase in my bedroom. I never realised I had collected so many.... Lol! ;)
I (still) have a dream

Because the child's cattle-like parents "fol[…]

As president, he can certainly stop it. Why sho[…]

Israel-Palestinian War 2023

@skinster Hamas committed a terrorist attack(s) […]

Europeans and Russians are educated, this makes t[…]