Tyson vs Roy Jones Jr - Page 7 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Sports, Hobbies and all things unrelated to Politics.

Moderator: PoFo The Lounge Mods

By Crantag
Here's the other god, Kazushi Sakuraba.

@Godstud , what do you really think about Royce Gracie and the Gracies, when it just took one guy, the Gracie Hunter, to destroy all of them? The Gracies got their shit from Japan, it isn't Jiu Jitsu, it is Jujutsu (A Japanese word), and the gracie frauds learned it from a Japanese guy sent by the Kodokan, the Judo organization. Those are historical facts. The Gracie fuck wads tried to reinvent history. They even tried to claim they invented a sport, which was actually an existent sport, vale tudo, which already existed in Brazil, and Japan. America had no-holds-barred catch-as-catch-can wrestling, which sometimes was like MMA, the same shit. Japan had all the same shit. The Gracies are frauds, they do produce good enough athletes sometimes, but Ken Shamrock was a better fighter than Royce Gracie. Royce Gracie could kick my ass, however, he wasn't indeed the best thing since sliced bread, you just bought the hype. A caveman would kick his ass.
By Crantag
My love hate with Japan aside, they are the home of modern martial arts, and they still make tough guys and good fighters. Fuck what your heard. Japan will rise again. They have good fighters. And if I see a Japanese fighter, I always root for him, or her. One thing I know, is that their technique will be proper.
By Godstud
@Crantag That takes me back to when I watched K1 fighting and they didn't have weight classes.

Godstud wrote:@Crantag That takes me back to when I watched K1 fighting and they didn't have weight classes.

Great shout out. You are a stud, GS. Did you know that call out from me was a continuation from our argument like 3 years ago? Lol. In truth, the Gracies are indeed great, and made unfound contributions to the sport, and Royce inspired the fuck out of me, too. And I always root for a Gracie when I see one fighting. Unless it's against a Japanese fighter ;-).
By Godstud
Gracie as the worst badass? Where did I say that? :eh:

I actually prefer striking in fights, over wrestling and grappling.
By Crantag
Godstud wrote:Gracie as the worst badass? Where did I say that? :eh:

No, you like Gracie, and said he was great. Don't you like Gracie? I was saying, yeah, indeed Gracie is/was great. Before maybe I was a douche about it, but mostly because of MMA politics and shit, but I watched as much Gracie as the next guy, Royce was a straight up badass in the ring. If I ever questioned that, I was a douche bag.
By Godstud
Gracie is iconic and changed MMA completely, but I wouldn't say he's the best. Nawww, you're not a douche. Everyone is entitled to their opinion. A lot of people prefer strikers to grapplers. I get that.
Godstud wrote:Gracie as the worst badass? Where did I say that? :eh:

I prefer striking fights, too. I love seeing the great Thai boxers fighting in OneFC of late. Some of them fight MMA and do really good, but OneFC also includes kickboxing and Muay Thai. Mirco Cro Cop, Chuck Liddel, I loved their style of defend the takedown and go for knockouts. There are many examples of great fighters, but Shogun Rua and Wanderlei Silva are other examples. Shogun in particular was probably a guy that could do it on the ground, but preferred it on the feet. Too many good fighters to name. Takanori Gomi. He brought his baseball pitching skills to the ring. He would throw a fastball and hit you in the face with it, using his fist.

Dan Henderson. He was a 2 time Olympic wrestler, in 1992 and 1996, in Greco Roman. He even came back and won the Pan American Games in 2004. And yet, he was most known for his punching power, especially with the right hand. He is by some measures the most decorated fighter in MMA. He was Pride Middleweight and light heavyweight champion at the same time. He won every belt. Strikeforce, Pride, UFC, Rings, Henderson won all of them.

Godstud wrote:Gracie is iconic and changed MMA completely, but I wouldn't say he's the best. Nawww, you're not a douche. Everyone is entitled to their opinion. A lot of people prefer strikers to grapplers. I get that.

I'm a grappler personally. Wrestling and judo, are my main styles. A little boxing. That's my background. The kickboxing shit was too hard core, lol. I still cringe when I think of the first time I took a kick to the liver. And leg kicks fucking suck. That was MMA training, but I considered training at a Muay Thai gym in Tokyo, and had flashbacks, and gave it a miss, lol. I respect grapplers a lot. I love beautiful grappling. The strikers are more bang for the buck, and striking is obviously an art. Guys like Cro Cop and Liddell actually changed the game, though. Before them, the conventional wisdom was grappling beats striking. They showed, that if the grappler can't get the takedown, striking wins, lol.

@Rugoz You are a fuckin' moralist, Russia coul[…]

First two sentences: "The ICJ didn't say tha[…]

In my opinion, masculinity has declined for all of[…]

Israel-Palestinian War 2023

It is easy to tell the tunnel was made of pre fab […]