Boxing - Page 4 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Sports, Hobbies and all things unrelated to Politics.

Moderator: PoFo The Lounge Mods

By Oxymoron
Please, two Black women is pretty much the poster girls of tennis in the west.

maybe so, but 90% are white and in the male tennis there are no notable black players.

Hockey
ya can keep that.

LOL thank you

Soccer
Pretty much Latin America and Africa, owns ya.

That why Italy,England, and Germany hold most of the titles...

Skiing, Ice skating, Lacrosse
ya can keep that.
golf
Tiger Woods

Tiger woods is one player and he is washed up lol.
....stop me any time..

you doing a good job discrediting yourself, so why should i stop you.

Notice, no Jews run the gauntlet.

what gauntlet?

Yes NBA Running and NFL are majority black.., but to say other sports are? now that is laughable.
Soon MLB, Boxing and Gun shooting.

No they are not, what other sport is black dominated?

You guys do dominate side ways shooting events, and sucker punching.
We learn from the masters of it, hebe.

Who may that be?
By Crantag
It's time to make this thread great again.

Anthony Joshua is about to fight Kubrat Pulev for the heavyweight sub-championship of the world (Tyson Fury is the true heavyweight champion in my view, but Joshua actually holds 3 of the 4 most major belts, it is 'a heavyweight championship fight', not 'the heavyweight championship fight', Joshua is not 'the heavyweight champion', he is 'a heavyweight champion', Tyson Fury is 'the heavyweight champion', in my view. But if Joshua beats Pulev, him and Fury are supposed to be fighting twice next year, in what will be absolutely epic.)

Joshua has to get by Pulev first. Pulev is a good fighter. He has been on my radar since he turned pro. Joshua is rightfully the favorite in the fight (bookies have him as a pretty big favorite).

I am going to say, I actually think Pulev is going to win this fight. I am picking Pulev.

I'll add another prediction on top of the prediction.

Pulev bloodies Joshua's nose in the first round with his superb, shotgun jab.

But, I genuinely like Joshua, and I respect all fighters. That is just a prediction. I am going to take the dog in this fight.

By Politics_Observer
@Crantag

I would go and train at a good MMA gym if you have the money and time to do so. A good MMA gym will get you in good shape too and you will be a multi-dimensional fighter. You will be able to box like you do now as well as take things to the ground not just with wrestling, but also with Brazalian Jiu Jitsu. I love wrestling and Jiu Jitsu when I was younger and working out with it about a good 11 or 12 years ago.

We would have these muscle headed body builders show up at our gym and challenge us to a fight and we would just take them and man handle them and use them to wipe the gym floor. It demonstrated that being in good shape both cardio and muscle wise, having good technique can trump size and strength most of the time.

When I first started, I would go in and train and get my ass kicked constantly for the first 3 or 4 months, but then I started winning some matches after 4 months and the new guys that came in by that time I would just take them and beat them easily like it was no contest. Guys who used to be able to kick my ass easily before were now getting their asses kicked easily by me after serious hard training for 4 months. But I am not that kind of shape now so I would probably get my ass kicked now. I think you would really enjoy training at a good MMA gym just to be able to stay in good shape, have good confidence and defend yourself especially against some of these younger folks. Plus, it's a lot of fun too!
By Crantag
Politics_Observer wrote:@Crantag

I would go and train at a good MMA gym if you have the money and time to do so. A good MMA gym will get you in good shape too and you will be a multi-dimensional fighter. You will be able to box like you do now as well as take things to the ground not just with wrestling, but also with Brazalian Jiu Jitsu. I love wrestling and Jiu Jitsu when I was younger and working out with it about a good 11 or 12 years ago.

We would have these muscle headed body builders show up at our gym and challenge us to a fight and we would just take them and man handle them and use them to wipe the gym floor. It demonstrated that being in good shape both cardio and muscle wise, having good technique can trump size and strength most of the time.

When I first started, I would go in and train and get my ass kicked constantly for the first 3 or 4 months, but then I started winning some matches after 4 months and the new guys that came in by that time I would just take them and beat them easily like it was no contest. Guys who used to be able to kick my ass easily before were now getting their asses kicked easily by me after serious hard training for 4 months. But I am not that kind of shape now so I would probably get my ass kicked now. I think you would really enjoy training at a good MMA gym just to be able to stay in good shape, have good confidence and defend yourself especially against some of these younger folks. Plus, it's a lot of fun too!

I have trained in MMA before, I took up MMA training as a senior in high school, as soon as I finished wrestling. I did it for a couple years, and later focused more on boxing and judo. But keep telling me that. I agree, I should, so I maybe need the continuous reminding, lol.

I trained at two different MMA gyms, before. The first one went under, but it was actually just a wrestling mat on the floor of a glass blowing studio for bongs and pipes and stuff, and there's a decent chance they are still there blowing glass, lol. One of the glass blowers was an active fighter at the time, and it was a cool scene, actually.

At the second MMA gym where I trained, 3 cops used to come in there pretty consistently. One of them was about my size, around the 140-150 range, and he used to take it to me in training, and he was a good and humble guy. I remember one time, he came by in full cop uniform to catch the main event of Chuck Liddell-Randy Couture 1, on his lunch break or whatever, at the house where we were watching it, hah, good shit.

Another of the 3 dudes who were cops was a bit bigger than me, but I would actually take it to him. No ill will here, but I remember sparring standup with him a couple times, and I was just hitting him with punches and he couldn't get out of the way. I could see in his face him visibly getting mad, and he would charge in, and I'd just take a half step back and to the side, and nail him with another right hand, lol.

That's just sparring for you, but as a 19 year old kid at the time, I can't deny that I did find it satisfying to punch a cop in the face and not catch charges for it, lol. But, that's what you do in sparring. We were all buddies in the gym, in fact.
By Politics_Observer
@Crantag

Yeah, we had cops that trained at the gym where I trained at too. If you are going to make law enforcement a career then it's probably a good idea to train hard in MMA. The gym I trained at helped produced two professional fighters at the time. Micah Miller who fought for the WEC and Cole Miller who fought in the UFC. Most people have no idea what incredible shape those professional fighters are in. I mean they are in some incredible shape.
By Crantag

Yeah, we had cops that trained at the gym where I trained at too. If you are going to make law enforcement a career then it's probably a good idea to train hard in MMA. The gym I trained at helped produced two professional fighters at the time. Micah Miller who fought for the WEC and Cole Miller who fought in the UFC. Most people have no idea what incredible shape those professional fighters are in. I mean they are in some incredible shape.

The name Micah Milller rings a bell. John Gunderson trained at an MMA gym in my town, I trained with the guy that ran the gym (fighters make rounds and seek out other partners and stuff of course), but I didn't train with John Gunderson personally.

I agree on the last sentence, these dudes can seem superhuman. I see them go through shit that seems like it would put me in the hospital, and they shake it off. And to make a career of such shit, and do it for years and years, resilience is one word that comes to mind, among others, and that is resilience in the physiological sense.
By Politics_Observer
@Crantag

Crantag wrote:I agree on the last sentence, these dudes can seem superhuman. I see them go through shit that seems like it would put me in the hospital, and they shake it off. And to make a career of such shit, and do it for years and years, resilience is one word that comes to mind, among others, and that is resilience in the physiological sense.

I agree, I think a lot of those professional fighters could be Navy SEALs if they wanted to. I mean ,they are some kind of tough. I know some of the shit they have endured would have put me in the hospital too. Micah would come in the gym and have a go at with us and whoop all of our asses and then he would say "anybody else wanna try." Yeah, he might as well been Brad Pitt in that movie where he goes "Is there no one else!" Yeah, Micah was the alpha dog.
By Crantag

I agree, I think a lot of those professional fighters could be Navy SEALs if they wanted to. I mean ,they are some kind of tough. I know some of the shit they have endured would have put me in the hospital too. Micah would come in the gym and have a go at with us and whoop all of our asses and then he would say "anybody else wanna try." Yeah, he might as well been Brad Pitt in that movie where he goes "Is there no one else!" Yeah, Micah was the alpha dog.

I don't think I saw this movie so I had to google it. Hah, I get it what you mean on the reference.
By Crantag
Eh, why not. This is Tyson Fury. Known as the Gypsy King. He is the son of John Fury, who was known as Gypsy John, as a boxer and bare knuckle boxer. Tyson Fury is from a family of boxing Irish travelers, from the UK. He is 6'9, he has very good boxing skills, and actually moves very well, and he is also a switch hitter, he is known to turn southpaw. He was named after Mike Tyson.

This is who I say is the best heavyweight champion, and indeed he is generally ranked as such. He dethroned Wladimer Klitschko after Klitschko's 10 year or so run at the top, coming in to the fight as a huge underdog.

He subsequently pulled out of the rematch with Klitschko, due to mental health and substance abuse problems, and didn't fight again for almost 3 years. He came back and won back the WBC heavyweight belt from American Deontay Wilder (they had 2 fights, the first was a draw, the second Fury knocked Wilder out, and basically all-around at classed him, and gave him a pretty serious beating in the process).

Fury is still undefeated in the ring.

By Politics_Observer
@Crantag

Crantag wrote:I don't think I saw this movie so I had to google it. Hah, I get it what you mean on the reference.

Yup, Micah was the warrior that Brad Pitt played in that scene at our MMA gym. The guy who owned the gym grew up with Micah and Cole Miller and they all fought professionally together before they started the gym. So, Michah shows up and nobody knows much about him. He was just this mystery guy. Then the owner had a sparing challenge where most of us volunteered to spar against him individually. He easily kicked all of our asses. Like no contest. He is like afterwards "IS THERE NO ONE ELSE!" :lol:

Michah and Cole Miller had later on went and trained at American Top Team down in Florida but would come up to Georgia to train with the owner of the gym that they knew well and trained with in the past. They would kick our asses in sparing matches. During the sparing matches, we were all like cave men cheering the fight in the sparing match and the demise of yet another challenger at Micah's feet. :lol: We would all cheer like rowdy unruly cave men.
By Crantag
That was a brutal, brutal fight, as Anthony Joshua fights tend to be, brutal in the vein of that Wilder-Fury fight I posted. I'm actually now reevaluating my status as a boxing fan. I don't remember being this emotionally vested in a fight since I tried my hand at a little online betting. I was definitely looking forward to this fight for a long time, but after I gave my prediction here, I was hoping it would come through and I look like a genius.

I don't normally even watch fights live anymore, this one just happened on a Saturday afternoon, at what was a convenient time.

Pulev showed every single bit of what I thought he would show. Joshua is a tremendous champion. Joshua's offensive prowess won the day.
By Crantag
Goranhammer wrote:I've heard that Mayweather wants to come out of retirement and fight someone who will allow him to buy a fourth yacht.

I heard on the Teddy Atlas podcast and 5-live podcast that he's planning to fight Youtube star Logan Paul, who is about 200 pounds. Actually not a bad freakshow fight.
By Goranhammer
Crantag wrote:I heard on the Teddy Atlas podcast and 5-live podcast that he's planning to fight Youtube star Logan Paul, who is about 200 pounds. Actually not a bad freakshow fight.

Yeah that's the name I heard. While I'm down for seeing Paul take an ass whipping, I damn sure wouldn't pay for it.
By Drlee
So many years ago I was staying in quarters on an army base. It was really close to the post gym. So I used to go there (it was a cold winter) to exercise. They had a speed bag. I watched a guy named Anthony, who had been a professional boxer for a short time, making the speed bag dance. It was very cool. So I asked him if he could teach me how to do it. Then I spent about half an hour every day for about a year. It was just fun. I was not interested in boxing much at all. I got very good at it. My rhythm was spot on. I could rotate hands, back hand, cross, and such. So. I got one and put it up at home when I moved away from the gym. When someone pissed me off I would just do a few rounds on the bag and feel much better.

Anyway. Once you learn this it is about like riding a bike. You really never forget. 10 minutes of practice gets you back into the groove.

So about a year ago, at the ripe old age of 68, I was in a gym and they had a speed bag. If you are an old man it is always embarrassing to go to the gym. But five minutes on a speed bag and all of a sudden the studs don't sneer at you anymore.

And that is all I know about boxing.
By Crantag
Drlee wrote:So many years ago I was staying in quarters on an army base. It was really close to the post gym. So I used to go there (it was a cold winter) to exercise. They had a speed bag. I watched a guy named Anthony, who had been a professional boxer for a short time, making the speed bag dance. It was very cool. So I asked him if he could teach me how to do it. Then I spent about half an hour every day for about a year. It was just fun. I was not interested in boxing much at all. I got very good at it. My rhythm was spot on. I could rotate hands, back hand, cross, and such. So. I got one and put it up at home when I moved away from the gym. When someone pissed me off I would just do a few rounds on the bag and feel much better.

Anyway. Once you learn this it is about like riding a bike. You really never forget. 10 minutes of practice gets you back into the groove.

So about a year ago, at the ripe old age of 68, I was in a gym and they had a speed bag. If you are an old man it is always embarrassing to go to the gym. But five minutes on a speed bag and all of a sudden the studs don't sneer at you anymore.

And that is all I know about boxing.

As an older dude, you can probably walk in to any gym, go to the speed bag and do some work, and everyone will respect you, full stop (period, yanks).

That's a cool skill.
By tomskunk
If I went to the gym today, the studs would just sneer at me in disgust and return back to working out. I would be out of my league. It would be like "how dare you show up at the gym and present yourself in such unacceptable conditioning and being out of shape." :lol: I wouldn't be "acceptable" in my current physical conditioning. I guess I would just have to hide myself away somewhere until I was "acceptable" again :lol: Or maybe I could go to one of those "judgement free zone" gyms. Yeah right! I don't believe there is really such a thing as a "judgement free zone" in a gym or anywhere else.
By Godstud
@tomskunk Never let that stop you. Most people respect anyone who has the guts to go in the gym and attempt to make themselves better. You might be surprised. I haven't met many people who sneer at out of shape people in the gym. I used to be one.

Now, over 2 years later(I am 53 years old, now), I actually encourage and help people starting out. You'll get respect if you work out. Keep at it and soon no one will judge you, or if they do, it'll be positive. I wish I had been in the gym 30 years ago... :hmm:

I know a regular girl who goes to the gym. She used to be 120 kg, or about 260 lb. She's around 60 kg or 132 lb now, and looks good. It took her over a year of really hard work to get there. Inspirational!

What gym-goers(jocks?) do sneer at is the dipshits doing FaceBook workouts(on their phones between sets, or while walking at 1 mph on the treadmill), or who simply sit at machines, taking up space. Those people are detestable!

I have a heavy bag and gloves but haven't had a place to put it up, yet. :hmm: I'd like to learn but haven't anyone around to do any training with, or to teach me. Dagnabbit!

What is the best thing to have IN the heavy bag??
By tomskunk
@Godstud

Maybe I should get my out of shape ass back in the gym. What would be some good work outs for those who are out of shape? I am not looking to be a body builder. I am just wanting to take care of my health and do some workouts that doesn't cause me to bulk up, but maybe build some muscle while also strengthening my cardio to prevent health problems in the future. Any ideas?
By Godstud
Walk on high inclines, quickly. That's good for your legs and cardio. You don't need to do more than 20 mins at a time, though.

Doing weights doesn't necessarily mean you will bulk up. You need to have the right diet, to do that.

I tend to do these every time I get to the gym:

Day 1: Chest/Legs
Day 2: Arms/Back
Day 3: Shoulders/Abs

I then allow a few days rest. I do the gym almost every day(6 days a week). That means I just cycle thru it.

Just be sure to balance things. If you do something for triceps, make sure you do biceps, too. When doing arms, don't forget forearms!

Doing the exercises properly is VERY important. It can make the difference between gaining, or simply wasting your time. It can also help you to prevent injuries. Youtube has tons of good sources for exercises. eg. Athlean-X. Don't waste time on planks or other static exercises.

Important. Do 4 sets(10 to 15 reps depending on what weight you can do. If you can do more than 15, then use a heavier weight). Always do 4 sets has been proven to be the best, as total weight lifted is a factor. Rest time between sets should be a minimum 1 minute, but not more than 2.

Plan things ahead of time. Take a small notebook and write down the exercises you plan to do that day. List weights, if you like. It's also good to know what you can do in a given day.

I found that the best way to track my progress was how I felt and how my clothing fit better. Weight isn't necessarily a factor. I've been around the same weight for a year after lockdown prevented me hitting the gym for a month or so.

If it is time to do arms but your arms are still sore from the last workout, a few days ago, then rest a bit more. You can always change up the order of your exercise regimen.

I've been doing weight training pretty solidly for the last 2.5 years, and I feel I have a good grasp of it. I have my weak spots, but everyone does. The best you can do is work with what you have. I am more than happy to answer any questions you might have.

Cheers!

@litwin is clearly an Alex Jones type conspir[…]

It is true that the Hindu's gave us nothing. But […]

I dont buy it, Why would anyone go for a vacation […]

Israel-Palestinian War 2023

@JohnRawls No. Your perception of it is not. I g[…]