Election 2020 - Page 539 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the USA and Canada.

Moderator: PoFo North America Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
By Rancid
colliric wrote:
The President is not declared mentally ill, incapacitated or disabled. Needs a diagnosis by a qualified impartial practitioner first. Unconstitutional to use that in the manner the Democrats are pressuring him to. Basically telling Pence he needs to diagnose the President as mentally ill.

Despite what you think.

:eh:

Proof of mental illness is not required. Proof of any illness is not required. There is nothing unconstitutional about pence and the cabinet invoking section 4 of the 25th amendment. In fact, it would be VERY constitutional. :lol:

What the fuck is you dumb fuck ass smoking?
By Drlee
Question: Is E.Trump a bigger ass hole than his obese daddy?

Yes. He says he will work to defeat Republican candidates.......

I wonder if he can get work release from prison to do that.

The Trump family is headed for a huge fall. By the time NY gets done with them they will be making license plates.

On Edit:

If Trump pardons himself he cannot plead the fifth amendment against self incrimination if called to testify. He could put a shit ton of people in jail.

Here is my guess. He will resign tomorrow or Thursday. Friday at the latest. Pence will pardon him.
Last edited by Drlee on 13 Jan 2021 04:50, edited 1 time in total.
By Rancid
Drlee wrote:
Yes. He says he will work to defeat Republican candidates.......

I wonder if he can get work release from prison to do that.

The Trump family is headed for a huge fall. By the time NY gets done with them they will be making license plates.

I just have my doubts there will be any real legal action against the Trump family. Criminal or civil.
By colliric
Rancid wrote::eh:

Proof of mental illness is not required. Proof of any illness is not required. There is nothing unconstitutional about pence and the cabinet invoking section 4 of the 25th amendment. In fact, it would be VERY constitutional. :lol:

What the fuck is you dumb fuck ass smoking?

Section 4 requires the Vice President to get the support of the majority of the President's Cabinet. Which is extremely unlikely to happen.

In practice he most definitely requires supporting documentation from the President's medical experts. Pelosi knows this and mentioned it herself as "(medical) science and (medical) facts" several months ago.

Reagan himself submitted to medical examination and promised to re-sign if his Alzheimer's disease deteriorated.
Last edited by colliric on 13 Jan 2021 04:56, edited 1 time in total.
By Rancid
colliric wrote:In practice

There is no "in practice" because it's never been used.

You're original statement is this is unconstitutional. It is not, so shut the fuck you dumb shit fuck face.
Rancid wrote:Can a pardon be challenged by anyone?

If Trump pardoned himself, and then he was charged with a crime, he'd claim "i pardoned myself" in court and then the courts would have to judge the validity of the pardon.

A self-pardon is insane. It means any POTUS can commit any federal crime and then pardon himself LOL. The pardon thing is total BS, it's just a fail safe for politicians and their elite friends to do whatever they want and get away with it. It's tyranny not justice.
By Rancid
Unthinking Majority wrote:If Trump pardoned himself, and then he was charged with a crime, he'd claim "i pardoned myself" in court and then the courts would have to judge the validity of the pardon.

A self-pardon is insane. It means any POTUS can commit any federal crime and then pardon himself LOL. The pardon thing is total BS, it's just a fail safe for politicians and their elite friends to do whatever they want and get away with it. It's tyranny not justice.

I agree, self-pardons are insane.

Maybe he can shoot someone on 5th ave and get away with it after all. :eek:
By colliric
Rancid wrote:There is no "in practice" because it's never been used.

Reagan set the standard by not invoking Section 3 and deferring the decision to his doctors having to communicate their feelings with Bush. Both when he was shot and later left that decision to his doctors when he suffered Alzimers.

Both times Bush could have considered invoking Section 4, but choose not to.

Even Pelosi herself mentioned this as that was implied by her "Science and Facts" statement.
By Drlee
In practice he most definitely requires supporting documentation from the President's medical experts.

No it doesn't. It is a decision left entirely to the VP and cabinet.

Pelosi knows this and mentioned it herself as "(medical) science and (medical) facts" several months ago.

Source?

Reagan himself submitted to medical examination and promised to re-sign if his Alzheimer's disease deteriorated.

This is completely untrue. Don't post shit like this. READ:

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/ronald-reagan-alzheimers-disease/

Come on dude. Stop trolling. You have plenty of stuff to trigger people like me without making shit up.
By colliric
Drlee wrote:Source?

https://missoulacurrent.com/government/ ... president/

Pelosi also emphasized that the legislation isn’t about casting judgment on “someone’s behavior.” The committee would be formed for a very specific reason.

This is about a diagnosis, a professional medical diagnosis,” Pelosi said.

Under Section 4 of the 25th Amendment, Congress is empowered to establish a permanent “body” that, with authorization of the acting vice president, can declare that the president of the United States is unable to discharge the power of his office.

Pelosi knows this shit already.

She was pushing this line just a few months back trying to use Trump's Covid-19 diagnosis.
By Drlee
Yea yea yea. It is not necessary.

25th Amendment salient part:
Whenever the Vice President and a majority of either the principal officers of the executive departments or of such other body as Congress may by law provide, transmit to the President pro tempore of the Senate and the Speaker of the House of Representatives their written declaration that the President is unable to discharge the powers and duties of his office, the Vice President shall immediately assume the powers and duties of the office as Acting President.

Then a bunch of stuff happens in the congress but "unable" does not require a thing other than the cabinet and VP say its so.
By wat0n
Rancid wrote:I agree, self-pardons are insane.

Maybe he can shoot someone on 5th ave and get away with it after all. :eek:

Nah, the pardon only works for federal crimes, not state ones. That means that Trump cannot get away with pressuring GA's SoS to "find" those votes to give him the State by pardoning himself. He also cannot pardon himself, or anyone else for that matter, if he's impeached.

Even if self-pardon was legal, it would amount to an admission of guilt, and would not save him from prosecutions in GA. The checks and balances are still not gone.
By JohnRawls
@Rancid

I said this multiple times. GOP needs to get rid of Trump legacy to move on.(This probably includes some troublemakers) McConnel gets that. Biden is probably on the fence because he is thinking of this D and R partnership situation and how it could undermine that partnership. The problem is that the conclusion that Biden and probably Pence will reach is that Trump supporters within the GOP will not assist the Ds in a partnership anyways. So it undermines the agenda. Because they are radicalised idiots so getting rid of them from the GOP is a blessing. It will sink in eventually. Now it might not sink in by the time Trump leaves office but I think that it will.

So impeaching and convicting Trump is beneficial to both McConnel and Biden. Pence motivations are a bit harder to understand. He is kinda a hostage trying to do the right thing right now and please everyone. That is not going to work since pleasing everyone and doing the right thing are mutually exclusive.
By Rancid
JohnRawls wrote:@Rancid

I said this multiple times. GOP needs to get rid of Trump legacy to move on.(This probably includes some troublemakers) McConnel gets that. Biden is probably on the fence because he is thinking of this D and R partnership situation and how it could undermine that partnership. The problem is that the conclusion that Biden and probably Pence will reach is that Trump supporters within the GOP will not assist the Ds in a partnership anyways. So it undermines the agenda. Because they are radicalised idiots so getting rid of them from the GOP is a blessing. It will sink in eventually. Now it might not sink in by the time Trump leaves office but I think that it will.

So impeaching and convicting Trump is beneficial to both McConnel and Biden. Pence motivations are a bit harder to understand. He is kinda a hostage trying to do the right thing right now and please everyone. That is not going to work since pleasing everyone and doing the right thing are mutually exclusive.

The one unknown here is how much of the voting base does the GOP stand to lose. That is where the hesitation comes from the GOP to dump Trump. By dropping Trump, they could be giving the democrats at least a few elections in the future. Then again, I guess that's the punishment the Republicans deserve for embracing and enabling Trump.
By JohnRawls
Rancid wrote:The one unknown here is how much of the voting base does the GOP stand to lose. That is where the hesitation comes from the GOP to dump Trump. By dropping Trump, they could be giving the democrats at least a few elections in the future. Then again, I guess that's the punishment the Republicans deserve for embracing and enabling Trump.

As I said, 33% or less of GOP support is toxic. While purging the toxic parts out of the GOP would harm this 33%, it doesn't mean that they will leave the party. They will just be less likely to vote which is not the same as loosing support from them since logically the democrats are not a choice for them. Basically what I am trying to say is that the losses will be not as bad as some would suggest. Does it mean that the Republicans will recover straight away? No, but the sooner they do it, the easier it will be in the long run.
By Tainari88
For me in my own experience, the worst violence that has touched my family has been done by right wing American extremists. Timothy McVeigh, and now Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez stated that she almost lost her life on January 6th 2021. Trump has got to GO!

Also, the corporate donors who have financed these entitled, big ego assholes with violence on the brain who backed that conman pig President from Queens need to be defunded and that is what really hurts. They are total and complete lovers of corporate money and thought they could stage a violent coup and use the USA military and corporations for that exclusively. They all believed in Milton Freidman style capitalism profit above all else. If you believe that? You lose your nationalism and your right to deal with the USA framework.

They suck these right wing terror pigs. I say impeach that loser president and to hell with all these egomaniacs with bad authoritarian stupidity.

I say stop the buyout of these assholes by corporations. Make a law to take money out of politics.

Get out of politics. It took VIOLENCE to get these corporations to stop interfering in government. Hoping it will blowover....no....get those assholes out of there!
By Rancid
Tainari88 wrote:For me in my own experience, the worst violence that has touched my family has been done by right wing American extremists. Timothy McVeigh, and now Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez stated that she almost lost her life on January 6th 2021. Trump has got to GO!

Also, the corporate donors who have financed these entitled, big ego assholes with violence on the brain who backed that conman pig President from Queens need to be defunded and that is what really hurts. They are total and complete lovers of corporate money and thought they could stage a violent coup and use the USA military and corporations for that exclusively. They all believed in Milton Freidman style capitalism profit above all else. If you believe that? You lose your nationalism and your right to deal with the USA framework.

They suck these right wing terror pigs. I say impeach that loser president and to hell with all these egomaniacs with bad authoritarian stupidity.

Corporations are one of the biggest winners in all of this. They got to enjoy tax breaks and benefits provided by Trump, and now they get to turn their backs on him and cozy up to the Biden admin.

That is one of the dirty little secrets of these corporations.

That said, I recall many weeks ago saying that corporations might end up be the one's the save us from Trump. :lol:

Enemy of my enemy I guess... :?:
By Sivad
God I hope they impeach him, what a gift that would be. That'll end every establishment RINO that votes for it, throw 50 million MAGAs into hardcore ride or die mode, and knock Trump's lame ass off the deplorable throne. Triple win.
Russia-Ukraine War 2022

I love how everybody is rambling about printing m[…]

I doubt capitalism will even exist in a century[…]

I'm not American. Politics is power relations be[…]

@FiveofSwords If you want to dump some random […]