Election 2020 - Page 541 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the USA and Canada.

Moderator: PoFo North America Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
By jimjam
According to the Washington Post, relations between Trump and Giuliani have dramatically cooled. Trump has instructed his aides not to pay Giuliani’s outstanding fees.

Anybody dumb enough to do business with the Fat Man should expect to take it up the ass ……. :lol: After all, this is Donald Short Pay's M.O. …………...
By Rancid
jimjam wrote: Trump has instructed his aides not to pay Giuliani’s outstanding fees.

If Giuliani didn't see that one coming, he's a fucking moron.

Maybe he will challenge Trump to a trial by combat to settle the bill.
By Finfinder
Igor Antunov wrote:4 years of marches and riots, burning cities, storming government buildings, getting people killed, anti-police actions, kill cops, spreading hateful anti-trump and anti-trump supporter propaganda on social media, doxing kids, doxing cops, on the side of criminals and killers-consistently encouraged by and supported by sitting (democrat) politicians, by journalists, by media organizations and tech corps, some of them even participating directly. *crickets chirp*

Days of pro-trump riots that lead to some of them getting shot by police, and some minor damage to a government building. *the end of the world, ban them all, insurrection etc*

This is why a civil war is guaranteed, Oh boy ho boy can't wait. *rubs hands*

Maybe or maybe not, Facebook and Twitter losing $50 billion this week may have some people changing their attitudes. Lol
By ingliz
Rancid wrote:Maybe he will challenge Trump to a trial by combat to settle the bill.

As a co-conspirator, Giuliani will more likely cash in his 'insurance' and trade his intimate knowledge of Trump’s mob connections, dating back to "Fat Tony" Salerno, boss of the Genovese crime family in the 80s, for a reduced sentence.

:lol:
Rancid wrote:If Giuliani didn't see that one coming, he's a fucking moron.

Maybe he will challenge Trump to a trial by combat to settle the bill.

Giuliani is rich as balls, he just likes being on TV and pretending to do big boy work.
By Potemkin
ingliz wrote:As a co-conspirator, Giuliani will more likely cash in his 'insurance' and trade his intimate knowledge of Trump’s mob connections, dating back to "Fat Tony" Salerno, boss of the Genovese crime family in the 80s, for a reduced sentence.

:lol:

Indeed.... :)

By Drlee
@Finfinder
Maybe or maybe not, Facebook and Twitter losing $50 billion this week may have some people changing their attitudes. Lol

:roll: Fake news.

Facebook and Twitter absolutely did the only thing they could have done. They would have been regulated out of business if they did not. Same with Amazon hosting. They are not afraid of Trump supporters. They aren't going to do shit anyway. They are afraid of anti-trust action. So they paid it forward.

Besides. Their advertisers lead the way. Even the PGA dumped Trump's golf course from a major tournament.

People are really pissed about the Capital and they could not care less what some dumb ass Trump supporters think about it.
By SpecialOlympian
Facebook and Twitter stock price drops probably have more to do with anticipation of future regulation because they were the primary platforms where the violent chuds organized their coup attempt.
By Rancid
SpecialOlympian wrote:Facebook and Twitter stock price drops probably have more to do with anticipation of future regulation because they were the primary platforms where the violent chuds organized their coup attempt.

This is true. This is why those companies where actively trying to get representatives working for the Biden admin. This way they have friendly faces within the admin.

This means it might actually be a discount to buy those companies.
The people who showed up to the capital coup are the most privileged morons to ever walk the earth. Motherfucker, don't even talk to the police.

By Rancid
Finfinder wrote:Those are some of the lamest excuses I’ve heard yet for Twitter and Facebooks stock prices taking a giant dump.

Another lame reason is that whatsapp changed it's privacy policy, and that has pissed off a lot of people. Including myself. I don't use facebook, but I use whatsapp.
By SpecialOlympian
Finfinder wrote:Those are some of the lamest excuses I’ve heard yet for Twitter and Facebooks stock prices taking a giant dump.

Ok, what do you think is the reason people are selling Twitter and Facebook stock?
By Finfinder
SpecialOlympian wrote:Ok, what do you think is the reason people are selling Twitter and Facebook stock?

I thought you said you were stock trader you don’t know LOL

Rancid wrote:Another lame reason is that whatsapp changed it's privacy policy, and that has pissed off a lot of people. Including myself. I don't use facebook, but I use whatsapp.

By Finfinder
SpecialOlympian wrote:So you don't have any justification besides "Twitter hurt my baby, Donald Trump?"

Justification? What the hell are you talking about you’re trying to say that a democrat run Congress is going to break up Facebook and stockholders are panicking on the speculation of it the week they are sworn in, that’s hilarious. I’m just not going to take your troll bait.
By SpecialOlympian
Once again, finfinder says something about finance and immediatley becomes insane and defensive. Like the time he told Godstud Trump was going to slap tariffs on all the exports we send to Thailand and then couldn't answer how tariffs actually worked.

Also that's not what I said, finfinder. Stop try change narrative.
By Drlee
@Finfinder said: Those are some of the lamest excuses I’ve heard yet for Twitter and Facebooks stock prices taking a giant dump.

Twitter closed up today about a buck over yesterday's close. It is $48+ right now and its 52 week low was $20.00. Give me a shit ton of stock just like that. Oh wait. I have a some.
By Doug64
So, leaving aside the sickening hypocrisy of people that, by their own logic, have been inciting people to riot all last year suddenly deciding that’s a Bad Thing, it seem CNN is reporting that Trump’s speech on the 6th might not have been responsible for the riot, after all:

Investigators pursuing signs US Capitol riot was planned
Evidence uncovered so far, including weapons and tactics seen on surveillance video, suggests a level of planning that has led investigators to believe the attack on the US Capitol was not just a protest that spiraled out of control, a federal law enforcement official says.

Among the evidence the FBI is examining are indications that some participants at the Trump rally at the Ellipse, outside the White House, left the event early, perhaps to retrieve items to be used in the assault on the Capitol.

The belief, early in the probe, will demand significant investigation.

The presence of corruption prosecutors and agents is in part because of their expertise in financial investigations. "We are following the money," the official said.

By Wednesday morning, the FBI reported that it had received more than 126,000 digital tips from the public regarding the attack on the Capitol -- more than three times the number of tips received on Monday.

Among the thousands of tips the FBI received are some that appear to show members of Congress with people who later showed up at the Capitol riot, two law enforcement officials said. This doesn't mean members of Congress and staff are under investigation, but the FBI is checking the veracity of the claims, the officials said.

Counterterrorism strategy for arrests

At least some of the arrests already made are part of a strategy used in counterterrorism investigations, to find even a minimal charge and try to take a person of concern off the streets. That helps ease the possible threat amid concern about possible attacks on the inauguration, officials believe.

On January 4, for example, local police arrested the leader of the Proud Boys, Henry "Enrique" Tarrio, in Washington, DC.

Tarrio was taken into custody for allegedly burning a Black Lives Matter banner taken from a Black church last month during protests in the city after an earlier "Stop the Steal" rally. The Miami resident was charged with destruction of property related to the banner, however, federal authorities say they found Tarrio in possession of two high-capacity firearm magazines, prompting them to add a charge of Possession of High Capacity Feeding Device.

On Tuesday, federal authorities in New York City arrested Eduard Florea, 40, on at least one weapons charge after law enforcement, including the FBI and NYPD, responded to a Queens home in response to online postings about an armed caravan heading to the US Capitol, two law enforcement officials with knowledge of the investigation tells CNN.

Law enforcement sources told CNN that the man claims to be a Proud Boy and was arrested with live ammunition in the home.

Already, the public efforts by prosecutors and the FBI to encourage people who participated In the riot to turn themselves in is yielding fruit. Some attorneys have reached out to arrange for safe surrender of their clients in order to gain a measure of leniency and lessen the chance of a police raid on their homes, two officials said.

For instance, a counterterrorism prosecutor even appeared in court for an early hearing for one of the defendants on Tuesday, signaling how integrated the Justice Department's effort already is between the typical criminal prosecutors who handle initial criminal hearings and with the units focused on more complex crimes.

"With this strike force that was established to focus strictly on sedition charges, we're looking at in treating this just like a significant international counterterrorism or counterintelligence operation," DC US Attorney Michael Sherwin said Tuesday.

"We're looking at everything: money, travel records. Looking at disposition, movement, communication records. So no resource related to the FBI, or the US Attorney's Office will be unchecked in terms of trying to determine exactly if there was a command and control how it operated and how they executed these, these activities."

If any of this comes close to panning out, those Republicans that voted for Trump’s impeachment are going to find themselves in trouble. My brother thinks—and I think I agree—that the House Democrats shot themselves in the foot by making the impeachment articles about incitement to riot, that they should have gone with attempting to subvert the Constitution. Not only would that have broadened the charge beyond a single event, but it would have made Democrat protests that they aren’t being hypocritical at least plausible.
By Finfinder
SpecialOlympian wrote:Once again, finfinder says something about finance and immediatley becomes insane and defensive. Like the time he told Godstud Trump was going to slap tariffs on all the exports we send to Thailand and then couldn't answer how tariffs actually worked.

Also that's not what I said, finfinder. Stop try change narrative.

LOL you’re running from your retarded ridiculous defense of Facebook losing $51 billion in two weeks.

LOL apparently you have no idea what soybean prices are doing. Lol

Btw Can I bum a cigarette from you ? Lol lol

@Drlee I’ll leave Dr. Lee’s argument that he just lost half his equity as it stands.
Russia-Ukraine War 2022

I love how everybody is rambling about printing m[…]

Also, the Russians are apparently not fans of Isra[…]

Wars still happen. And violent crime is blooming,[…]

@FiveofSwords " small " Humans are 9[…]