Election 2020 - Page 542 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the USA and Canada.

Moderator: PoFo North America Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
By Godstud
@colliric You really are a complete Trump-cultist. A Trumpaholic, if you will. You're as pathetic as that douchebag of a woman is, who made that Tweet.
By colliric
Godstud wrote:@colliric You really are a complete Trump-cultist. A Trumpaholic, if you will. You're as pathetic as that douchebag of a woman is, who made that Tweet.

We get it, your an Alyssa Milano fan... Lol.
By JohnRawls
SpecialOlympian wrote:Facebook and Twitter stock price drops probably have more to do with anticipation of future regulation because they were the primary platforms where the violent chuds organized their coup attempt.

Facebook and Twitter are fucked and banned Trump because they want to brownie up to the Democrats since the Democrats have always been pro regulation of Twitter and Facebook on top of even perhaps treating them like standard oil. (Google/Apple also) This is the same reason they didn't bann Trump so as to not enrage the Republicans who are blocking the Democratic regulations regarding twitter and facebook.

The market just sees no way out for them anymore.

It has never been about the fact that Trump deserved to be banned long ago.
By Drlee
@Drlee I’ll leave Dr. Lee’s argument that he just lost half his equity as it stands.

@Finfinder

You really suck at math.
By SpecialOlympian
Colliric sees nothing wrong with attempting a coup. I mean, what are they supposed to do? Not side with Republicans? It's a team sport!!

JohnRawls wrote:Facebook and Twitter are fucked and banned Trump because they want to brownie up to the Democrats since the Democrats have always been pro regulation of Twitter and Facebook on top of even perhaps treating them like standard oil. (Google/Apple also) This is the same reason they didn't bann Trump so as to not enrage the Republicans who are blocking the Democratic regulations regarding twitter and facebook.

Facebook is pretty monstrous and does need to crack down more on stuff like Q. They say they do it but it's pretty half-assed. And that's what they do in America, where they even pretend to give a shit.
By Rancid
JohnRawls wrote:
Facebook and Twitter are fucked and banned Trump because they want to brownie up to the Democrats since the Democrats have always been pro regulation of Twitter and Facebook on top of even perhaps treating them like standard oil. (Google/Apple also) This is the same reason they didn't bann Trump so as to not enrage the Republicans who are blocking the Democratic regulations regarding twitter and facebook.

Indeed, it's interesting that both Republicans and Democrats don't like facebook/twitter, but yet don't band together to go after them.
Last edited by Rancid on 15 Jan 2021 02:34, edited 1 time in total.
By noemon
Can someone just destroy them already and break them up to pieces.
By Doug64
Rancid wrote:Indeed, it's interesting that both Republicans and Democrats don't like facebook/twitter, but yet don't band together to go after them.

The old Arab proverb is wrong, the enemy of your enemy is your enemy's enemy--no less, but no more.
By colliric
noemon wrote:Can someone just destroy them already and break them up to pieces.

I agreed with this sentiment.

I wish Google and Amazon had a strong anti-trust lawsuit filed against them. Twitter and Facebook too.
By Doug64

Rancid wrote:Indeed, it's interesting that both Republicans and Democrats don't like facebook/twitter, but yet don't band together to go after them.

Doug64 wrote:The old Arab proverb is wrong, the enemy of your enemy is your enemy's enemy--no less, but no more.

That said, I suspect that they've really stepped in it this time. They're giving serious ammunition to those that argue that they no longer fall under the Section 230 protections because they are clearly not just platforms. They'll have trouble explaining how their Conservative purge furthers this: "(2) to preserve the vibrant and competitive free market that presently exists for the Internet and other interactive computer services, unfettered by Federal or State regulation;"
By Doug64
And to add to the list of idiots:

Leftist activist arrested, charged in Capitol riot
A leftist activist who is facing criminal charges in Utah stemming from a “defund the police” rally was arrested and charged for his role in the deadly insurrection at the U.S. Capitol, the Justice Department said Thursday night.

John Sullivan, of Utah, was charged with civil disorder, disorderly conduct, and entering a restricted building without authority.

Mr. Sullivan is the first left-leaning activist to be arrested in connection with the Capitol riot. The majority of those charged so far are supporters of President Trump.

Mr. Sullivan, who leads the progressive activist group Insurgence USA, has admitted to media outlets that he entered the Capitol last week after a pro-Trump mob stormed the building. However, he maintains he was there to document the mayhem, not to riot.

Prosecutors tell a different story, however. They say a video he shared with the FBI shows him encouraging protesters to cause property damage.

“We gotta get this s—t burned,” and “it’s our house,” he can be heard yelling at rioters, according to an affidavit signed by an FBI special agent.

The affidavit also states that Mr. Sullivan also told the FBI agent that he entered the Capitol through a broken window while wearing a ballistic vest.

As protesters climbed over a wall near the Capitol entrance, Mr. Sullivan is allegedly screaming, “You guys are f—ing savage. Let’s go!” according to court documents.

In an interview with Rolling Stone published this week, Mr. Sullivan said he egged on the protesters to build a rapport with them.

“I had to relate to these people, and build trust in the short amount of time I had there to get where I need to go,” he said in an interview. “To the front of the crowd to see the dynamic between the police and the protesters, because nobody wants to see the backs of people’s heads from a far-off distance.”

Mr. Sullivan is facing charges of rioting in criminal mischief in connection with a June 30 anti-police brutality riot in Provo, Utah. A truck driver was shot at the protest and police say he organized the event and, after the shooting, spoke with one of the men who allegedly fired the gun.
By colliric
Yes he was there as an anarchist grifter, there to enjoy the violence.

I don't believe he was infiltrating the protest as some have accused him. He was there to purely to smash expensive shit up because he's an anarchist.

He'd turn up to any protest if it involves smashing stuff.

No doubt he got enjoyment out of Pelosi cowering too.
By Istanbuller
A junta administration can be educational for American bureaucracy and politicians. You can't understand consequences of that without living it. They should experience dictatorship. It is the only way them to understand how the US actions and CIA operations hurt other countries and democracies around the world.

People won't notice any difference in international politics. It doesn't really matter the US is democratic or not democratic. Obama and Biden admins already support terror groups to destabilize developing world. Biden already considers sanctions on many countries.

I wouldn't be bothered to see if rioters beheaded establishment creatures with ISIS style. I would like to see establishment creatures pay price for their crimes. American people should decide if it is going to be violent or not violent.
By Potemkin
Istanbuller wrote:A junta administration can be educational for American bureaucracy and politicians. You can't understand consequences of that without living it. They should experience dictatorship. It is the only way them to understand how the US actions and CIA operations hurt other countries and democracies around the world.

People won't notice any difference in international politics. It doesn't really matter the US is democratic or not democratic. Obama and Biden admins already support terror groups to destabilize developing world. Biden already considers sanctions on many countries.

I wouldn't be bothered to see if rioters beheaded establishment creatures with ISIS style. I would like to see establishment creatures pay price for their crimes. American people should decide if it is going to be violent or not violent.

"Chickens coming home to roost have never made me sad; they've always made me glad." - Malcolm X
By Rancid
Senator Tuberville suggested violating the constitution by moving Biden's inauguration past the 20th.
By Drlee
@Rancid
Senator Tuberville suggested violating the constitution by moving Biden's inauguration past the 20th.

Trumpists really do not 'do' the constitution.
It's really funny watching Trump supporters try to pin this shit on Antifa when all of the court records are filled with documented Trump supporters doing this. Just a fully immersive crime experience that can be viewed from all angles every moment of the coup from start to finish, with almost every attendee helpfully shouting out their name, hometown, and enough identifying information for the FBI to send them personal thank you notes for making their jobs so easy.

Like they legit thought what they were doing was fine, not a crime, and there would be no repercussions. Just lmfao at this incredibly naive and privileged attitude from all these wealthy Trump humping dipshits.
By Rancid
SpecialOlympian wrote:Like they legit thought what they were doing was fine, not a crime, and there would be no repercussions. Just lmfao at this incredibly naive and privileged attitude from all these wealthy Trump humping dipshits.

The single word that sums up trumptards:

Entitled.
Russia-Ukraine War 2022

Assuming it's true. What a jackass. It's like tho[…]

Wishing Georgia and Georgians success as they seek[…]

@FiveofSwords Bamshad et al. (2004) showed, […]

Let's set the philosophical questions to the side[…]