A mob has broken into the capitol building - Page 43 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Talk about what you've seen in the news today.

Moderator: PoFo Today's News Mods

wat0n wrote:At what time? The piece from the WaPo is from last year.

Wow, imagine that. The bile and hate is strong with that WAPO author. I didn't realise. She wrote a piece but neglected to mention both the culprits and the people responsible for uncovering the culprits. The author keeps saying "the government charged him, prosecuted him" and uses all that fake language, when the government cannot prosecute, it is the state, the public prosecutor that does, the government at the time was the one that appointed him not the one who dragged him through the mud! The government at the time was dragged along with him through the mud and her language is intentionally confusing to a reader. She just does not want people to know the truth about who is the good or the bad guy, for her this guy is the only hero and all the Greeks and all their governments the culprits.

It is hilarious how Greeks animate certain people to such a degree. I'm proud.

I think I made it clear I was criticizing the consequences of their behavior rather than the morality of their goals. Not that one cannot infer that BLM is hardly pro free speech or tolerant of dissent based on their behavior, mind you, but Trump is even worse. At least BLM did not question the legitimacy of Trump's election in 2016, I think, but simply moved on. Trumpists cannot say the same with regards to Biden's election in 2020.

And yet... All of that is still within their rights. I'm not arrogant enough to teach them about morality. What is not within their rights however is to use violence as a tool, and it's not just for moral reasons but for great practical reasons too.

Okay.
I read a few of the police officers accounts of what happened. Some cops were tasered with their own tasers.

It certainly sounds like the rioters just expected the cops to be on their side because of BLM and whatnot.
Rancid wrote:It certainly sounds like the rioters just expected the cops to be on their side because of BLM and whatnot.

No. It's because the police unions openly endorsed President Trump and because alot of cops are Republicans so some most likely supported these actions.

Stop reading too much into that crap. Nothing to do with being lighter on them than BLM deliberately.

That's letting the cops that let these protestors into the Capitol building off the hook.

The BLM protests were multiple day violent riots that lasted over 6 months, of cause there was more police violence against them. This was a single day break in riot. The Cops would have done the same shit had this been a multiday riot, they're violent nutcases that enjoy violence generally. Had this gone on another day or two, the cops would have been more violently aggressive.
colliric wrote:This was a single day break in riot. The Cops would have done the same shit had this been a multiday riot, they're violent nutcases that enjoy violence generally. Had this gone on another day or two, the cops would have been more violently aggressive.

It wasn't a riot, it was an insurrection involving elements of Capitol security and police too, hence Trump told the insurrectionists to be respectful to them. Had it gone on another day or two, it'd have been a coup attempt. The whole thing went according to plan, I wonder though if they meant to instigate a nationwide insurrection or rioting.
Beren wrote:It wasn't a riot, it was an insurrection involving elements of Capitol security and police too, hence Trump told the insurrectionists to be respectful to them. Had it gone on another day or two, it'd have been a coup attempt. The whole thing went according to plan, I wonder though if they meant to instigate a nationwide insurrection or rioting.

I agree! It was an insurrection with 0% chance of success. In this sense it was symbolic.
The security in DC is out of this world. It would seem they are expecting an invasion from the Russian Army or China. Or perhaps they know something we don't know. I suspect the biggest fear is a car or truck bomb reminiscent of Tim McVeigh.

I said it before. Right wing protesters have the capacity to do much more damage than the looting by Antifa and BLM protesters.
Last edited by Julian658 on 15 Jan 2021 15:53, edited 1 time in total.
Julian658 wrote: I suspect the biggest fear is a car or truck bomb reminiscent of Tim McVeigh.

Yea, I'm guessing that's the kind of threat they thought was more likely. A bomb, or lone gunman. Not a mob.
Rancid wrote:Yea, I'm guessing that's the kind of threat they thought was more likely. A bomb, or lone gunman. Not a mob.

The Tim McVeigh Bomb. This could be catastrophic in DC.

However, they could do this anywhere else in the nation.
Kammy is going to be a terrific Veep.

But I wonder if she's going to be life insurance for Joe.

I mean, if he dies, we get a president that is both Black and female. You would think that possibility would deter a White Supremacist...
@Rancid @colliric

The news is reporting that one of the capital police officers tricked and led the rioters/insurrectionists away from members of Congress as he got them to run after him. He used this to lure these rioters/insurrectionists away from members of Congress by doing this. In fact, the news is reporting the rioters were VERY CLOSE to seeing and putting eyes on VP Mike Pence when this capital police officer got the rioters/insurrectionists to chase after him. We all know what these rioters and insurrectionists thought of Mike Pence and were calling to do to Mike Pence based on the news reports of this incident just outside before they stormed the capital building. This particular police officer is black and members of Congress want to bestow on him the highest civilian award for valor and service. Congrats to this police officer on a job well done! He deserves to be recognized for his quick thinking, valor and heroism and for doing his job well.
Last edited by Politics_Observer on 15 Jan 2021 18:03, edited 2 times in total.
Politics_Observer wrote:@Rancid @colliric

The news is reporting that one of the capital police officers tricked and led the rioters/insurrectionists away from members of Congress as he got them to run after him. He used this to lure these rioters/insurrectionists away from members of Congress by doing this. In fact, the news is reporting the rioters were VERY CLOSE to seeing and putting eyes on VP Mike Pence when this capital police officer got the rioters/insurrectionists to chase after him. We all know what these rioters and insurrectionists thought of Mike Pence and were calling to do to Mike Pence based on the news reports of this incident just outside before they stormed the capital building. This particular police officer is black and members of Congress want to bestow on him the highest civilian award for valor and service. Congrats to this police officer on a job well done! He deserves to be recognized for his quick thinking, valor and heroism and for doing his job well.

Yea, dude is a hero.
Beren wrote:Is this the point of the whole existence of the USA, to have a black female president finally? :lol:

Other than caucasians American blacks have the most public elected officials in America. Some US cities have had a near 100% all black government for over five decades. The concept is that if they elect black leaders the poor people get lifted out of poverty. The Irish tried this years ago, but were almost always less economically successful than other European immigrants. Meanwhile today in 2021 Indian immigrants are the most successful ethnicity in America and have almost no one in public office.

Poster Late practices some "racism and sexism" by assuming the gender and skin color of Kamala will make her a better VP.
Last edited by Julian658 on 15 Jan 2021 18:24, edited 1 time in total.
Meanwhile today in 2021 Indian immigrants are the most successful ethnicity in America and have almost no one in public office.

Ahhh. Because most of them are immigrants? 87% are foreign born and 40% recent arrivals. Only about 56% are citizens. Many are in professions that do not leave time for or encourage political activities.

You have tried this bullshit before. You say they are the "most successful". What is your measure of success? Am I more successful than a tenured professor because I earn more money? Is a surgeon more successful than the Surgeon General of the United States because he/she makes more money? Or is a school teacher more successful than I am because he/she influences the next generation more than I do? Tell me what makes Indian Americans more successful than others?

Poster Late practices some "racism and sexism" by assuming the gender and skin color of Kamala will make her a better VP.

Better than who? Are you saying that her race and sex does NOT give her insights to the lives of many Americans that I as a white male might not have? I like her because she is a slightly right of center, law and order, VP.
Drlee wrote:

Better than who? Are you saying that her race and sex does NOT give her insights to the lives of many Americans that I as a white male might not have? I like her because she is a slightly right of center, law and order, VP.

Skin color or gender do not determine the abilities of a person. Basic 101 anti-racism bro. :?:
Drlee wrote:Better than who? Are you saying that her race and sex does NOT give her insights to the lives of many Americans that I as a white male might not have?

Couldn't this be said about literally anyone?

Drlee wrote:I like her because she is a slightly right of center, law and order, VP.

I don't know if I'd say she's right of center in America, but I also like her for her law and order track record. She also seems to be quite flexible just as Biden is. That's a good thing in these times.
Julian658 wrote:
Poster Late

practices some "racism and sexism"

by assuming the gender and skin color of Kamala will make her a better VP.

This is awkward, and my fault, so let me do the apologies right off the bat. I am late, not Late. There's a reason for that, which is not really relevant. But it makes things awkward for anyone talking to me since it could easily lead to confusion. Sorry about that, Chief.

Your implication is that it's bigotry, which it is not.

It's a conclusion, not an assumption. Women's issues are especially relevant in this crisis, and with her background, she'll be ideal to help with issues relating to discrimination. She is going to be an outstanding VP.
@Julian658
Skin color or gender do not determine the abilities of a person. Basic 101 anti-racism bro.

On the contrary. They add greatly to ones empathy. Empathy is a trait that leads to better leadership ability with some groups and often improved results in many endeavors.

https://www.verywellmind.com/what-is-empathy-2795562

Couldn't this be said about literally anyone?

Well, sort of. There are segments of our society that have special issues that are not easily understood in an emotional way. (Or even intellectualized for that matter.) I would not trivialize empathy. It can be a somewhat rare yet very useful trait.

I would go a step farther (and set Julian's hair on fire) by saying that there is value in our society, for our citizens, when looking at their government seeing people like themselves representing them in the seat of power. It creates "buy-in". It is not correct to say that a white person cannot well represent people of color or vice versa. It is correct to say that people who have lived an experience, are often better able to understand that experience and act based on that understanding. Sort of like a doctor who is a veteran treating patients who are veterans. It is an edge.

You are already in one. He says his race is being[…]

Left vs right, masculine vs feminine

Most of us non- white men have found a different […]

Fake, it's reinvestment in communities attacked on[…]

It is not an erosion of democracy to point out hi[…]