"Trump incited a riot" - Page 2 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the USA and Canada.

Moderator: PoFo North America Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
Did Trump Hire Arsonist Riot Leader? (w/ Greg Palast)

Thom Hartmann Program 1/15/21

Trump put Ali Alexander in charge of the January 6th march that turned into a riot. Alexander was filmed in Georgia threatening arson both in Georgia and in Washington D.C. The new ugly news about this Ali Alexander is exposed by Greg Palast, investigative journalist.

Agent Steel wrote:There is a claim that has been falsely and irresponsibly made by a number of news sources that needs to be fact-checked. The claim is that "Trump incited a riot" or that "Trump incited violence" onto the capital.

The Facts: On January 6th Donald Trump and his followers gathered in Washington D.C. to protest Joe Biden's disputed presidential victory. At no point in Trump's hour long speech did he direct or instruct his audience to violently attack the capital. The reality is that Trump called for a march towards the capital, a common occurrence that has taken place throughout American history. The only arguable inference to violence was the use of the words "fight" by Trump, a word often and commonly used to denote a metaphorical fight - a fight of protest. Trump did not plan, instruct, or condone any act of violence or criminal behavior. Within just an hour of violence breaking out, Trump immediately denounced it and called for the violence to cease.

My verdict for the claim that Trump "incited a riot" thus in my opinion has a rating of Mostly False.

Can you provide an example of what exactly people have been claiming?
ThirdTerm wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5fiT6c0MQ58

This is what Trump said. He may have actually incited a riot and he could be held accountable for what happened by the Biden administration.

He said "we're going to walk down to the capital, and we're going to cheer on our brave congressmen and women, and we're probably not going to be cheering so much for some of them. Because you'll never take back our country with weakness, you have to show strength and you have to be strong".

He didn't incite violence with those words because there's nothing violent about them. And saying they need to "fight" isn't enough to show he meant physical fighting. He said he wanted people to march down to the capital and protest, which is a legal activity. Trump's lies provided the reason for people to become violent but I don't think they can get him on inciting violence unless there's other evidence he specifically wanted them to become or remain violent. His tweets about Pence might be his downfall. His phone convo with the Georgia GOP are more damning IMO, he wanted them to do something.

He should still be investigated for inciting the riot though. The whole thing needs to be investigated. They could possibly get him on "giving aid and comfort" to insurrection...maybe. Or they could get him on wanting to go against the constitution with how he pressured Pence thus breaking his oath to uphold the constitution.
Last edited by Unthinking Majority on 15 Jan 2021 19:21, edited 1 time in total.
By late
Unthinking Majority wrote:
People have been claiming that Trump incited the riot.

He'd been building up to it since the election.

There are going to be a lot of court cases, and a lot of revelations.

What usually happens is someone on the Right says something wrong, and weeks or months later when it is proven wrong, they hope no one remembers, or if cornered, throw more poop at the wall.

So let's put a pin in it, and see what the FBI can dig up. If you haven't seen what Guiliani and Don Jr said, this would be a good time to look and listen to them use words like "war".
Unthinking Majority wrote:People have been claiming that Trump incited the riot.

Yes, and I hope you understand how vague that claim is.

I bet different people have made different claims depending on who they are and what their agenda is.
late wrote:He'd been building up to it since the election.

There are going to be a lot of court cases, and a lot of revelations.

What usually happens is someone on the Right says something wrong, and weeks or months later when it is proven wrong, they hope no one remembers, or if cornered, throw more poop at the wall.

So let's put a pin in it, and see what the FBI can dig up. If you haven't seen what Guiliani and Don Jr said, this would be a good time to look and listen to them use words like "war".

I think the case for Giuliani inciting a riot is much stronger than for Trump.

I read that Trump is PO'd at Guliani is now no longer paying the legal fees Trump owes Giuliani. :lol:
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/202 ... alling-out
Unthinking Majority wrote:I think the case for Giuliani inciting a riot is much stronger than for Trump.

Agree. However impeachment is a political trial, not a criminal, so they don't have to "beyond a reasonable doubt" prove trump incited the riot. Further, I think his behaviors during the riot indicate that he was totally cool with the rioting. His "i love you" video, and not caring to check up on pence, and not caring to calling for re-enforcements. All of this shit behavior is certainly cause for kicking him out.
By late
Unthinking Majority wrote:
I think the case for Giuliani inciting a riot is much stronger than for Trump.

I read that Trump is PO'd at Guliani is now no longer paying the legal fees Trump owes Giuliani.

And who, precisely, does Giuiliani represent?

Giuliani used to get Russian money, now that Trump lost, I imagine that's stopped.
A lot of interesting videos of evidence that the Capitol Riot was planned.
IMHO, if it was planned then, it doesn't matter what Trimp said as it started, what matters is did he start the planning or help with the planning.
Time will tell. If evidence of either of those comes out, Trimp is toast.

The fact that, seems to be true, (that all the doors of the Capitol were attacked at about the same time) indicates that it wasn't the people who walked form Trimp's "rally" that started the attack. This is because the back doors were way further away than the front doors.

Literally millions of videos were hacked to save them and turned over to the FBI. I doubt that I will have the time to view them all. /snark

@Scamp Bombing Mexico is the STUPIDIEST idea I[…]

https://twitter.com/ShaykhSulaiman/status/17737479[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

@Tainari88 @JohnRawls Trump is an extraordin[…]

No one is more manly than me. We know there is […]