Election 2020 - Page 543 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the USA and Canada.

Moderator: PoFo North America Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
By Tainari88
Rancid wrote:The single word that sums up trumptards:

Entitled.

They are going to learn why it is costly to be a 'radical', whether it is from the far Right or the far Left. But the fascist element has always gotten velvet glove treament from the establishment Right Christian sellout corporate crowd. If their power and money is compromised? The Republican Party will implode and the radicalized White supremacist vein will splinter off and the GOP is basically sunk.
By Doug64
The Republican Study Committee has endorsed a bill with thirty co-signers, the Save Democracy Act, for protecting election integrity. For federal elections, the bill would require:

• Prohibiting automatic voter registration.
  • Requiring proof of US citizenship to register to vote.
  • Requiring applicants for voter registration to provide a full social security number.
  • Requiring verification that those that are recused from jury duty on the grounds that they are not US citizens are not registered to vote, and if they are their registration removed.
  • Requiring identification when voting, including a copy when voting by mail. Identification is to be an ID issued by a state or local government, a US passport, a military ID, or an ID issued by a tribal government.
  • Prohibiting absentee ballots unless requested.
  • Prohibiting the use of drop boxes for collecting absentee ballots.
  • Restricting those that can deliver absentee ballots to an election official, postal worker, or someone authorized to collect and transmit US mail, all while officially performing their duties.
  • Prohibiting acceptance of absentee ballots after Election Day.
  • Requiring the use of social security numbers to crosscheck those voting with their voter registrations. The states are to report to Congress within seven days of the election the percentage of their voters whose ID was able to be verified.

Note that the rules for mail-in ballots don't apply to those entitled to vote under the Uniformed and Overseas Citizens Absentee Voting Act.
Lol those are rules you would want if you hated democracy and wanted as few people to vote as possible and wanted to discount the most number of votes cast.

Also, lmfao. This Representative, Sean Maloney, gave an interview where he claimed other reps were giving tours to insurrectionists prior to the fascist, right-wing attack on Congress.

Rep Boebert took issue with that.

By Doug64
@wat0n, how does wanting to require people trying to vote to show they are who they say they are--and demonstrate when registering to vote that they actually have the right to do so--equal an "obsession about carrying ID cards"?
By Julian658
wat0n wrote:I've never understood the obsession among some Americans about carrying ID cards :?:

To assume blacks are unable to obtain ID to vote and therefore that is voter supression is condescending racism of low expectations.
By wat0n
Doug64 wrote:@wat0n, how does wanting to require people trying to vote to show they are who they say they are--and demonstrate when registering to vote that they actually have the right to do so--equal an "obsession about carrying ID cards"?

My point is that this shouldn't be a political issue. And it's not just limited to voting.

America isn't a poor country that can't afford to have a widespread ownership and usage of ID cards.

Hell, you are expected to carry one to buy booze after all. And as a foreigner at least I was able and had a legal duty under OPT to get an EAD (which is physically an ID card) to be able to work by sending everything by mail. So why wouldn't American citizens be able to request one online or by mail and get it mailed home (if necessary after taking an appropriate picture at a local library, a Town Hall, a DMV or even at home if one can make the appropriate arrangements)?
By Doug64
wat0n wrote:My point is that this shouldn't be a political issue. And it's not just limited to voting.

America isn't a poor country that can't afford to have a widespread ownership and usage of ID cards.

Hell, you are expected to carry one to buy booze after all. And as a foreigner at least I was able and had a legal duty under OPT to get an EAD (which is physically an ID card) to be able to work by sending everything by mail. So why wouldn't American citizens be able to request one online or by mail and get it mailed home (if necessary after taking an appropriate picture at a local library, a Town Hall, a DMV or even at home if one can make the appropriate arrangements)?

Ah, I had it backwards. I can't disagree, I rather like the suggestion made in the Carter-Baker Report from 2005, to simply require anyone registering to vote to have Real ID, with the addition that Real ID have citizenship status added.
By Drlee
The republicans are not doing SOME of these things to stop ineligible people from voting. Some of these are pure voter suppression.

We need online voting. Easy to do. You can file your taxes online and without ID. You can do it by mail without ID or permission. You can change your address with the IRS without ID and by mail or online. You can file for lifetime payments from Social Security online. You can take the test for numerous government jobs online. You can complete your security clearance online. You can order prescription drugs from the USG online. You can apply for and receive a government job online without ID to apply. On and on.

But Republicans want us to believe that voting online or by mail is somehow fraught with danger. It is absolutely bullshit. Utter nonsense. They looked -harder than anybody has looked before - for a scintilla of evidence of widespread voter fraud and their legions of investigators could find none worth mentioning.

I am a Republican. I want my party to get the votes. But I have a unique idea of how to do it. My idea is singular in right wing politics. I want my party to get more votes rather than trying to get the other party to get less votes. And I have a novel and surprising way to do it:

Take your case to the people.

Run mature and HONEST candidates.

Tell the people what you will do for them if elected.

Do some stuff to appeal to minorities. (Like we did for most of our history.)

Do not insult people.

Do not lie to people.

Do not denigrate people.

Purge the crazies and conspiracy theorists from the leadership.

Tell the racists to hit the bricks.

All of the above are something that the Republican party has abandoned. We used to call them "conservative values".

Oh and Doug. Before we spend a few billion dollars on a problem why don't we try and prove it is a problem in the first place. So far nobody has.
By jimjam
A Washington DC police officer who tried to stop Fat Donald's mob of goons from attacking the Capitol on 6 January has revealed that some rioters shouted “‘Kill him with his own gun!” as he lay injured on the ground.

A US Capitol police officer, Brian Sicknick, died of injuries sustained during the attack. Sicknick was reportedly bludgeoned with a fire extinguisher.

Officer Daniel Hodges, who was seen in video getting crushed in a doorway while fighting back rioters, “There’s a guy ripping my mask off – he was able to rip away the baton and beat me with it. He was practically foaming at the mouth."

Well, looks like America is great again ……. thanks Donald.
By jimjam
Doug64 wrote:The Republican Study Committee has endorsed a bill with thirty co-signers, the Save Democracy Act, for protecting election integrity. For federal elections, the bill would require:

• Prohibiting automatic voter registration.
  • Requiring proof of US citizenship to register to vote.
  • Requiring applicants for voter registration to provide a full social security number.
  • Requiring verification that those that are recused from jury duty on the grounds that they are not US citizens are not registered to vote, and if they are their registration removed.
  • Requiring identification when voting, including a copy when voting by mail. Identification is to be an ID issued by a state or local government, a US passport, a military ID, or an ID issued by a tribal government.
  • Prohibiting absentee ballots unless requested.
  • Prohibiting the use of drop boxes for collecting absentee ballots.
  • Restricting those that can deliver absentee ballots to an election official, postal worker, or someone authorized to collect and transmit US mail, all while officially performing their duties.
  • Prohibiting acceptance of absentee ballots after Election Day.
  • Requiring the use of social security numbers to crosscheck those voting with their voter registrations. The states are to report to Congress within seven days of the election the percentage of their voters whose ID was able to be verified.

Note that the rules for mail-in ballots don't apply to those entitled to vote under the Uniformed and Overseas Citizens Absentee Voting Act.

Fat Donald lost! Get over it! :lol:
I'm confused as to how Doug64 even found this dumb bullshit bill that isn't going to pass in a Democratic controlled legislature and why he felt the need to share it. We already had the discussion about how voter fraud isn't an actual problem and doesn't need restrictive measures to deal with the problem that doesn't exist. How the fuck is Doug64 tapped into this shit?
By XogGyux
Julian658 wrote:To assume blacks are unable to obtain ID to vote and therefore that is voter supression is condescending racism of low expectations.

LOL. It seems to me that you sit in your computer, with that video's link in your copy/paste memory ready to paste it into any conversation that you can possibly have. It is a non-sense video, it does not prove anything what so ever. You can have white people say whatever you want to a camera and you can also have a black people say whatever in a camera, neither one of those prove a point. For instance, you can have a black person (Kayne west) say that slavery was an option... so there you have it, since you got 1 black guy saying in camera that slavery was a choice, and slavery was something that affected mostly black people (at least here in the US)... that is proof that it was a choice isent it?
Do you think that the same people that you likely to encounter and interview in Berkley California or New york city's street are the same that you will encounter in rural Georgia? On Little Haiti in Miami FL? How many people do you reckon gave more nuance answers to this FOX interviewer that they decided not to show (instead prioritizing the rather laughable answer of young students), how many elderly people did they interview? Did they go into people's house to see if there is a grandma/grandpa that have not driven in 10 years and don't have a valid license (or a reason to get one)?
The video is flawed. You keep posting it as a "gotcha" as if you are showing something new... except that you have showed that video in POFO like a billion times already I don't think anyone in here has not seen it yet. Furthermore, time after time I give you a dozen different reasons why it is flawed and you just go ahead and regurgitate it again.

First... voter id laws are a solution for a non-existent problem. Is like proposing that all clothes are made out of transparent material so that enough sunlight reaches the penis... So far... there is no photosynthetic penis that I am aware of, that is not a problem that needs a solution.
So... where is your evidence of voter fraud to this escale? In fact... everytime someone brings a case of "voter fraud" we end up either with some lunatic trump/republican supported that voted twice and got caught, or some confused elderly person that voted twice by mistake. Where is the printing machine of thousands of fake votes?
Show me the proof and then we can talk about possible solutions to this otherwise non-existent problem.

Who gets disenfranchised? Well... I can tell you my paternal grandmother does not have a driver's license. She never did. She never drove in cuba, she came in the early 1990's already as a senior woman and never learned to drive here. She does not even speak english. She became a citizen before I even came to this country (over 50 years exception). She does not have a valid passport anymore either because she has never traveled outside since she came here. So... here you have it, at least 1 case of evidence of hispanic disenfranchisement by this sort of policy. :lol: Not that this would prove the rule anyway.

Now... lets say for the sake of argument that there is plenty of voter fraud and that you could come up with this evidence. Does voter ID would make it any harder? Let's see... how hard it is for a teenager to get a fake ID? Do you think someone that is willing to break the law to vote multiple times, would have a problem getting a fake ID or even multiple fake IDs?
Who is going to pay to train personel in the proper way to check real ids? This does not even seem like a solid solution even if the problem was real... which it isent.

Finally, let's bite. Lets say that sure, lets get voter id. How about instead of doing a bizzillion different possible IDs of different states with different characteristics, etc... you have the goverment issue every single US citizen a universal ID.. free of charge, easy to replace if lost (again, free of charge), with security features and replace that obsolete nonsensical social security number that people use for something that was not intended to be used?... That would be a real solution, but not to the problem that you pretend exist. That would be helpful to prevent identity theft, that would be helpful to prevent benefits fraud... so where is the push for THAT ID? Apparently republicans are more concerned for the non-existing voter fraud but apparently, they don't fking give a crap about other kinds of fraud.

So please, spare us the non-sensical videos. We have seen them, they are shit.
By XogGyux
So I noticed that trump has already been expelled from the POFO top banner. Nice!. Question.. how long until teresa may can also be retired? :lol:
By Julian658
XogGyux wrote:LOL. It seems to me that you sit in your computer, with that video's link in your copy/paste memory ready to paste it into any conversation that you can possibly have. It is a non-sense video, it does not prove anything what so ever. You can have white people say whatever you want to a camera and you can also have a black people say whatever in a camera, neither one of those prove a point. For instance, you can have a black person (Kayne west) say that slavery was an option... so there you have it, since you got 1 black guy saying in camera that slavery was a choice, and slavery was something that affected mostly black people (at least here in the US)... that is proof that it was a choice isent it?
Do you think that the same people that you likely to encounter and interview in Berkley California or New york city's street are the same that you will encounter in rural Georgia? On Little Haiti in Miami FL? How many people do you reckon gave more nuance answers to this FOX interviewer that they decided not to show (instead prioritizing the rather laughable answer of young students), how many elderly people did they interview? Did they go into people's house to see if there is a grandma/grandpa that have not driven in 10 years and don't have a valid license (or a reason to get one)?
The video is flawed. You keep posting it as a "gotcha" as if you are showing something new... except that you have showed that video in POFO like a billion times already I don't think anyone in here has not seen it yet. Furthermore, time after time I give you a dozen different reasons why it is flawed and you just go ahead and regurgitate it again.

First... voter id laws are a solution for a non-existent problem. Is like proposing that all clothes are made out of transparent material so that enough sunlight reaches the penis... So far... there is no photosynthetic penis that I am aware of, that is not a problem that needs a solution.
So... where is your evidence of voter fraud to this escale? In fact... everytime someone brings a case of "voter fraud" we end up either with some lunatic trump/republican supported that voted twice and got caught, or some confused elderly person that voted twice by mistake. Where is the printing machine of thousands of fake votes?
Show me the proof and then we can talk about possible solutions to this otherwise non-existent problem.

Who gets disenfranchised? Well... I can tell you my paternal grandmother does not have a driver's license. She never did. She never drove in cuba, she came in the early 1990's already as a senior woman and never learned to drive here. She does not even speak english. She became a citizen before I even came to this country (over 50 years exception). She does not have a valid passport anymore either because she has never traveled outside since she came here. So... here you have it, at least 1 case of evidence of hispanic disenfranchisement by this sort of policy. :lol: Not that this would prove the rule anyway.

Now... lets say for the sake of argument that there is plenty of voter fraud and that you could come up with this evidence. Does voter ID would make it any harder? Let's see... how hard it is for a teenager to get a fake ID? Do you think someone that is willing to break the law to vote multiple times, would have a problem getting a fake ID or even multiple fake IDs?
Who is going to pay to train personel in the proper way to check real ids? This does not even seem like a solid solution even if the problem was real... which it isent.

Finally, let's bite. Lets say that sure, lets get voter id. How about instead of doing a bizzillion different possible IDs of different states with different characteristics, etc... you have the goverment issue every single US citizen a universal ID.. free of charge, easy to replace if lost (again, free of charge), with security features and replace that obsolete nonsensical social security number that people use for something that was not intended to be used?... That would be a real solution, but not to the problem that you pretend exist. That would be helpful to prevent identity theft, that would be helpful to prevent benefits fraud... so where is the push for THAT ID? Apparently republicans are more concerned for the non-existing voter fraud but apparently, they don't fking give a crap about other kinds of fraud.

So please, spare us the non-sensical videos. We have seen them, they are shit.

I am not saying Trump lost because of voter fraud. The number of fraudulent votes they found was not enough to change the election outcome.

The video catches the spontaneous reactions of white people that think most blacks are not smart enough to have ID. There is no acting here.

But, I ask you the same question: Do you think black people are ill prepared to obtain an ID card?
By Drlee
The video catches the spontaneous reactions of white people that think most blacks are not smart enough to have ID. There is no acting here.

But, I ask you the same question: Do you think black people are ill prepared to obtain an ID card?

More racist bullshit from @Julian658

The answer is that obtaining an ID can be a problem for any number of people. Why do you ask? What is the problem you are trying to solve?
By noemon
Drlee wrote:More racist bullshit from @Julian658

The answer is that obtaining an ID can be a problem for any number of people. Why do you ask? What is the problem you are trying to solve?

I am under the impression that Julian is trying really hard to be banned or carded, so that he can consider himself a victim.

I haven't even warned him at this stage because I would rather trash his racism out here in the open forum.
By Tainari88
SpecialOlympian wrote:I'm confused as to how Doug64 even found this dumb bullshit bill that isn't going to pass in a Democratic controlled legislature and why he felt the need to share it. We already had the discussion about how voter fraud isn't an actual problem and doesn't need restrictive measures to deal with the problem that doesn't exist. How the fuck is Doug64 tapped into this shit?

@Doug64 loves to exclude legit voters. That bullshit about jury duty and voter registration is full of holes. My husband is Puerto Rican and he speaks English as a foreign language, if he is called for jury duty in Colorado he can be legally disqualified and he can request to be excluded because his English is not 100% and having a translator at the trial for one juror is not hiw the legal court system works. You can have transkators for plaintiffs, defendants, witnesses but not for jurors, judges or lawyers. My husband votes and he was never an immigrant that was naturalized.

He just grew up speaking Spanish first. About 8 million Boricuas got that as an issue and millions more naturalized Latin Americans who are registered voters. You are going to say no to tgem because they are disqualified from jury duty?

It is discriminatory.
noemon wrote:I am under the impression that Julian is trying really hard to be banned or carded, so that he can consider himself a victim.

I haven't even warned him at this stage because I would rather trash his racism out here in the open forum.

He's a failed troll who is desperate for attention. Racism is just an easy way for him to get attention

Tainari88 wrote:@Doug64 loves to exclude legit voters. That bullshit about jury duty and voter registration is full of holes. My husband is Puerto Rican and he speaks English as a foreign language, if he is called for jury duty in Colorado he can be legally disqualified and he can request to be excluded because his English is not 100% and having a translator at the trial for one juror is not hiw the legal court system works. You can have transkators for plaintiffs, defendants, witnesses but not for jurors, judges or lawyers. My husband votes and he was never an immigrant that was naturalized.

He just grew up speaking Spanish first. About 8 million Boricuas got that as an issue and millions more naturalized Latin Americans who are registered voters. You are going to say no to tgem because they are disqualified from jury duty?

It is discriminatory.

Doug64 posted his dumb thing without taking an official stance but I think it's obvious where his sympathies lie.

The "no automatic voter registration" thing is especially bullshit, and coded language to target shit like "motor voter" acts. Basically, in some states, when you provide the DMV with enough personal documentation to get an ID you can also be automatically registered to vote.

Election integrity is not the goal with Doug64 types. They are either useful idiots or people who are 100% aware that the GOP suffers when more people are enfranchised.
Last edited by SpecialOlympian on 16 Jan 2021 17:47, edited 1 time in total.

It is interesting you ignored all the other measu[…]

Israel-Palestinian War 2023

Every accusation is a confession Why sexual v[…]

Indeed. It is strange, but they're all over the in[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Ay43E94W58 :D […]