A mob has broken into the capitol building - Page 46 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Talk about what you've seen in the news today.

Moderator: PoFo Today's News Mods

annatar1914 wrote:@Potemkin

Often is evil by evil undone, as they say. But it's even better when evil is defeated by good.

Selfish careerism is sometimes self-destructive as well as destructive to the wider society. Politicians like Hillary Clinton usually just leave a trail of wreckage in their wake. When they themselves end up as part of that wreckage, it has a certain poetic justice. :)
Potemkin wrote:Selfish careerism is sometimes self-destructive as well as destructive to the wider society. Politicians like Hillary Clinton usually just leave a trail of wreckage in their wake. When they themselves end up as part of that wreckage, it has a certain poetic justice. :)

@Potemkin

This is true, and they don't truly have Russians to blame for it either. I suspect that you and I would agree that this is only possible because of larger systemic problems that only serve to make such venal grifters and political adventurers possible.

But from my perspective it's just a clearing of the dead wood, a rotation of the elites that is the true ''Great Reset''. They will be younger, far more competent, and they will be true believers in something, not just cynical Condottieri.

Police ignored even Trump supporters telling them to bring in back up because the Capitol was being breached. Although they were obviously grunts waiting for orders so probably could do nothing since the orders obviously never came.
I found this interesting:

NY Post wrote:Twitter suspends ‘Antifa’ accounts with more than 71K followers
By Lia Eustachewich

January 22, 2021 | 8:39am | Updated

Twitter has suspended several popular accounts with alleged ties to Antifa — which have more than 71,000 followers combined — following the Inauguration Day riots.

At least four accounts tied with the militant group have been yanked offline — including @TheBaseBK, the account for the anarchist center in Bushwick, Brooklyn.

Archived web pages of the accounts show they shared more than 71,000 followers and dated as far back as 2012.

Their pages now read “Account suspended” for violating Twitter rules.

Antifa Sacramento railed against The Base’s suspension on its own Twitter.

“Our comrades w The Base (@TheBasebk), an anarchist social center in Brooklyn, NY of 9 years now took this Twitter thing seriously. Reaching a platform of 17k followers they pushed a very specific line where politics were never blurred. Today, Twitter took their account down, and now theres a void,” the group tweeted Thursday.

“The Base took the same approach to Twitter as they do in the struggle for liberation. As anarchists they take a stand & never waver. Its inspiring. And we encourage everyone to check their site now & periodically http://thebasebk.org Solidarity forever!”

The suspensions were first reported by Andy Ngo, who runs the conservative blog The Post Millennial.

Twitter didn’t immediately return an email.

Members of Antifa — the far-left radical group behind numerous riots in recent months — ransacked the streets of Seattle the night of President Biden’s inauguration, smashing up the historic Starbucks and burning an American flag.

They also marched through Portland, Oregon, with a banner reading, “WE DON’T WANT BIDEN — WE WANT REVENGE!”

Twitter has been cracking down on accounts belonging to extremist groups and those that peddle conspiracy theories following the Jan. 6 siege on the US Capitol.

More than 70,000 QAnon-related accounts have since been purged.

And so the Thermidor begins...

It makes sense, though. I always regarded a nomination, and election, of a mainstream politician like Biden to be a signal of a desire for normalcy, turning away from the revolutionary aspects of Trumpism. Furthermore, and this is a good thing for the time being, they are showing they don't care about who does it but using violence as means to achieving political ends will (finally) have consequences.

I do wonder, though, if someone will eventually sue under the First Amendment (after this, section 230 is not an option because Twitter is showing it's not acting in bad faith by censoring only some people who decide to riot). I think we can agree Twitter is moving in this direction fearing the regulatory consequences of not doing so, but then this goes against the spirit of the Constitution and SCOTUS precedent around free speech. I think the right way to go about this is not by suppressing odious speech, but by forcing those who engage in violence to become personally responsible for their actions rather than by simply pushing their beliefs away from public view.
wat0n wrote:...using violence as means to achieving political ends will (finally) have consequences....

Under Biden-Harris fascism, certain powerful actors will be punished.

But this is ONLY to eliminate any threats to the mafias that they - Biden-Harris and friends - are sworn to serve.

"Cracking down" on fake opponents after a fake coup where the media tries to evoke fake emotions.... is a sign of fascism, and not of good governance.

Biden-Harris are best friends with war profiteers, mass media, and the secret services. Their stars are aligned to bring a type of fascism together. And the fake events that their friends showed us on their media... are a bad omen for anyone outside the power elite.
Will conservatives stop pretending that the left includes both Biden and Antifa?

Because it is obvious that Washington is not on the same team as activists.

Correct.

Biden is the archetypal centrist. Perhaps a bit right of center as a practicing Roman Catholic. He is definitely a bit left of Obama but not much.
annatar1914 wrote:But from my perspective it's just a clearing of the dead wood, a rotation of the elites that is the true ''Great Reset''. They will be younger, far more competent, and they will be true believers in something, not just cynical Condottieri.

Perhaps, but we're not seeing it just yet. What we're seeing is a frightened elite that just held the most bizarre inauguration in modern times, with Americans generally banned from the inauguration and surrounded by barricades, razor wire and 20k troops. It's straight up bizarre for a country that pretends to have a democratically elected government.

wat0n wrote:I always regarded a nomination, and election, of a mainstream politician like Biden to be a signal of a desire for normalcy, turning away from the revolutionary aspects of Trumpism.

The revolutionary aspects of Trumpism are more or less: saying what you think even if it bothers others; nationalist trade policy; limits on immigration; and keeping taxes relatively low. Trump isn't any different from early 20th Century politicians at all. Today's political establishment is more or less against the American people, and that's why Biden being president is sort of otherworldly in that he has no obvious popular support at all.

wat0n wrote:Furthermore, and this is a good thing for the time being, they are showing they don't care about who does it but using violence as means to achieving political ends will (finally) have consequences.

They are scared, but they should be. Trump got 74M votes. The phony election is palpable. FoxNews' ratings are now lower than CNN's, because nobody trusts them. CNN is complaining because YouTubers have bigger audiences than they do. Biden took down the inauguration video on his own site, because it got ratioed and Trump's farewell address had orders of magnitude more viewers. Antifa responded to Biden by trashing a DNC headquarters in Washington and continuing with their riots. So this is all on Biden's time now. He can't even unify the political left, because they hate him too.

QatzelOk wrote:Under Biden-Harris fascism, certain powerful actors will be punished.

But this is ONLY to eliminate any threats to the mafias that they - Biden-Harris and friends - are sworn to serve.

I doubt they will be that powerful. However, I don't think they understand that they are further isolating themselves from the people they intend to govern.

QatzelOk wrote:"Cracking down" on fake opponents after a fake coup where the media tries to evoke fake emotions.... is a sign of fascism, and not of good governance.

Indeed. I'm surprised to find myself agreeing with you.

Pants-of-dog wrote:Will conservatives stop pretending that the left includes both Biden and Antifa?

Biden isn't a leftist per se, but he will throw fig leafs to leftists, like more or less quashing the stated purpose for Title IX, or ensuring Canadian crude has to use railroads they own rather than pipelines while pretending it's about environmentalism.

Pants-of-dog wrote:Because it is obvious that Washington is not on the same team as activists.

True enough, but activist groups are all infiltrated by the deep state. So there are ties. As I said in March of last year, there was going to be violence simply out of a frustration-aggression response to lockdowns and destroying the livelihoods of a lot of people. What made the Floyd death palpable to people is that many feel like the government is kneeling on their necks too. So the deep state tried to direct all the outrage at police without addressing the fact that they have destroyed so many people's livelihoods. Now as Antifa protests Biden, however, they will start cracking down. You have to keep in mind, even the right wing nutters that wanted to kidnap the governor of Michigan had an FBI mole in their group. The deep state infiltrates them all.

What has them really scared is a general uprising, because frankly they don't have the forces to put that down or any moral authority with the population any more. Hell, even for Biden's inauguration, they wanted troops to protect them from the American people, but they were afraid of the troops too and had the FBI vet the troops that were there.
@blackjack21
True enough, but activist groups are all infiltrated by the deep state.

Two possible answers to this:

True enough, but all groups are all infiltrated by the deep state. Fixed.

Or my personal favorite:

Fake news. There is no "deep state".
Drlee wrote:Or my personal favorite:

Fake news. There is no "deep state".

:roll: Look, if you spent your time "vaccinating" people in Central America as part of the US military, you know perfectly well what's up. My grandfather was the state veterinarian for Montana--that building right next to the Capitol of Montana--that's what he ran for Montana most of his adult life.

He also did that for your home State of Arizona for a few years. When he "retired," he was part of an American delegation to the Central Treaty Organization, reporting to Ambassador McClintock at the US Embassy in Beirut. His job was to "vaccinate" livestock and stamp out hoof-and-mouth disease, mange, etc. throughout Lebanon. That was just an operative cover. I mean, he did actual work, but having the appearance of some sort of beneficial activity is why he was there. The NOCs were basically bribing the farmers and ranchers in the hinterlands (more or less the Beqaa Valley) so that they would not side with the communists. He probably wasn't supposed to write that stuff in his diaries, but he did have a top secret clearance--which he never told me personally, I found out from his diary. We've since destroyed his diaries. It was a fairly high level thing--he had an audience with Pius XII and a very young Queen Elizabeth threw a reception for his team at St. James palace and bought them lunch at the Hind's Head Bray on the Thames near Windsor Castle and Eton College.

Your self-esteem as it relates to "intelligence" is well noted here.

Your favorite should be NSA--No such agency.

Notice that I moved from mass storage to telco? I don't have a security clearance at all. As I say, I don't work for the NSA and I don't know that I work for the NSA. I'll help them build their spy apparatus, but I think they've lost the plot to a significant degree.
blackjack21 wrote:
but I think they've lost the plot to a significant degree.

That is what we call projection.

It's not just the CIA (or intel agencies in general). I've known about that since the 60s...

If this was just like a South of the Border situation, Trump would be El Presidente...

But I will give you this much, we badly need to reform the way we treat weak countries.

You really shouldn't have burned the diaries, most of that is in the public domain now, esp. low level stuff like what your father was doing. It was a valuable piece of history.
:roll: Look, if you spent your time "vaccinating" people in Central America as part of the US military, you know perfectly well what's up.

Well. I spent a few weeks vaccinating people in central America. I spent 20 years in the US Army. And I do not know perfectly well what's up it would appear. How much time did you spend in the Army Blackjack?
@blackjack21 Trump is different from early 20th century politicians. He's actually more like a mid 19th century politician, and no Honest Abe for that matter. It's not a coincidence that the POTUS he admires the most is someone like Andrew Jackson and indeed Trump is a poor man's Andrew Jackson in many ways.
@blackjack21 , when I wrote of the coming ''Great Reset'' being a ''rotation of the Elites'', them being younger, more competent, and not as cynical, you replied;

Perhaps, but we're not seeing it just yet. What we're seeing is a frightened elite that just held the most bizarre inauguration in modern times, with Americans generally banned from the inauguration and surrounded by barricades, razor wire and 20k troops. It's straight up bizarre for a country that pretends to have a democratically elected government.

What do they know and what sins do they have on their consciences? I'm reminded of the Garden of Eden and our first parents hiding from God after their Original Sin and disobedience....And elsewhere; ''the Wicked flee where none pursue''.

What ''Original Sin'' has the ''Deep State'' collectively committed this time, that so fearfully rests on their inadequate shoulders? Is it equal to or greater than the transgression committed by the Capitol Hill Rioters January 6th, being ineffably linked to It? Is it a tragedy in which knowing the truth really means never being able to ever say what actually is going on? Inquiring minds want to know...Or at least they think they want to know...

If we were a Monarchy, say, it would make more sense in a way, and instead of ''Democracy'' we'd be talking about maybe ''the Mandate of Heaven'' or ''Divine Right''. Funny how only the alleged Right (which is more Libertarian than ''Right'') in our American Republic ever talked about the ''Sacred Right of Revolution'', and very few now still do today.

Time may say that these events are at least as important as 9-11 was, if not more so, world-historical events right up there with the Bolshevik Revolution in 1917.
annatar1914 wrote:Time may say that these events are at least as important as 9-11 was, if not more so, world-historical events right up there with the Bolshevik Revolution in 1917.

If I were a legislature, I would read it as more of a warning than an actual attack. If a crowd that size actually wanted to attack, there's really not much that even the 20k troops could do. You can't stop something like a French Revolution. You just can't. Yet, they try to call it a coup--which is ironically exactly what they just pulled off. We have an inauguration with the most powerful country in the world, and the citizens aren't allowed to attend. They bring in troops to protect the politicians, but they're afraid of the troops too. Once they no longer need the troops, they send them off to a parking garage. Meanwhile, Joe Biden wearing an earpiece and used to repeating exactly what they say to him says as he passes US Marines, "salute the troops" because he didn't get the cue that he was supposed to salute the troops and not say "salute the troops." It's pretty astonishing. He also has the lowest approval rating of a new president in sometime--lower than 50%.

I can see why the establishment is afraid.
blackjack21 wrote:If I were a legislature, I would read it as more of a warning than an actual attack. If a crowd that size actually wanted to attack, there's really not much that even the 20k troops could do. You can't stop something like a French Revolution. You just can't. Yet, they try to call it a coup--which is ironically exactly what they just pulled off. We have an inauguration with the most powerful country in the world, and the citizens aren't allowed to attend. They bring in troops to protect the politicians, but they're afraid of the troops too. Once they no longer need the troops, they send them off to a parking garage. Meanwhile, Joe Biden wearing an earpiece and used to repeating exactly what they say to him says as he passes US Marines, "salute the troops" because he didn't get the cue that he was supposed to salute the troops and not say "salute the troops." It's pretty astonishing. He also has the lowest approval rating of a new president in sometime--lower than 50%.

I can see why the establishment is afraid.

LOL

I do not think that having fun was ever the main […]

@FiveofSwords You still haven't told us how yo[…]

Left vs right, masculine vs feminine

You just do not understand what politics is. Poli[…]

Are you aware that the only difference between yo[…]