Racism definition & use - Page 5 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

For discussion of moral and ethical issues.
Forum rules: No one line posts please.
#15150671
Bill Cosby is a rapist of course, but was also pretty ardent supporter of black anti-racism. He specifically made Cliff and Claire's characters on The Cosby Show as a doctor and a lawyer in an upper class household in order to show America that black people do these jobs too and to change stereotypes. Some, even some black people, criticized this because they didn't feel it was "realistic".
#15150672
noemon wrote:In all honesty, he has really exceeded all limits, I'm just curious now to see how far he is going to push the envelope.

The guy is just shameless, he could have said "all children from broken families" or all "children that have some need for it" instead he said "all children of former slaves" even if say those children are highly educated in fact more educated than him, making it clear this is all about low-grade racism of the eschaton order.

Okay dear Julian 658, take this as warning, next racist thing you say, you get a week ban and the next is perma ban.


Why would you give reparations for slavery to kids that are not descendants of slaves?
Image
#15150674
Unthinking Majority wrote:Bill Cosby is a rapist of course, but was also pretty ardent supporter of black anti-racism. He specifically made Cliff and Claire's characters on The Cosby Show as a doctor and a lawyer in an upper class household in order to show America that black people do these jobs too and to change stereotypes. Some, even some black people, criticized this because they didn't feel it was "realistic".


I enjoyed the show and felt it was refreshing to have those characters. It felt natural and not contrived. My neighbor is an oncologist from Nigeria and his family is like the Cosby show.
User avatar
By noemon
#15150676
Reparations? What on earth are your rambling? You said you would put all descendants of slaves to military boarding school, you did not even mention "reparations".

Julian658 wrote:I was king I would make sure every girl or boy who is a descendant of slaves gets to go to a boys and girls military style prep school for 12 years. I would also add post high school education for free. If the home is unstable then the kids are interned. The discipline would be no different than basic training in a military institution.


Yellow card for pretending to be stupid in order to justify your racism by calling the above as your magnanimity for "reparations for slavery".
#15150677
Drlee wrote:I am not a progressive so I would not assert that I can answer for "them". Let me tell you want an old time conservative view might be. This takes 2000 words but I will be fairly brief. Let's talk money for now.

We have a situation in this country that impacts the ability of people of color (and OH BY THE WAY all poor people) that acts against improvement in their human condition. We simply do not pay workers enough money. We talk about "entry level" jobs and these pay, in some states, less than $8.00 an hour. When you are working for that amount of money, and you are required to contribute to a household income, it is absolutely impossible to improve your condition by paying for it. You are just a rat on a treadmill. So fuck the "bootstrap" people. Proof or it didn't happen.

If you want to improve poor neighborhoods you have to put jobs there and these jobs have to pay a decent living wage. The magic $15.00 an hour if often a talking point....

It is bullshit to argue that McDonald's jobs are for kids. If you are trying to lift yourself from poverty that McDonald's job may be all you can get. But you know what? If everyone made decent money we could charge an extra 24 cents for a Big Mac and pay the employees what they are worth.

College and trade schools are fucking absurdly expensive. Why? because the US Government will loan a student as much money as it takes to pay whatever absurd tuition the state school wishes to charge.

I agree with most of this. I think the cost of post-secondary education is by far the biggest structural barrier facing poor people in the USA. If you don't make a lot of money, you can make your kid study hard and do well in high school but it's going to be hard to send them to a really good school because it will be unaffordable, or the loans will take many years to pay off.

Doesn't mean it can't be done, i have friends from poor families who have gone to US ivy league schools, it's just a big barrier that parents with more money don't have as much of a problem getting over. It just leaves poorer people saddled with debt that is ridiculous.
#15150680
Drlee wrote:This is largely inevitable anyway. It is already happening. The incentive to replace meat with metal is baked into the system. Absent some "back to nature" movement it will happen. Imagine what will happen just with self driving cars and trucks. Millions of people will be left redundant from truck drivers to insurance salesmen, body shops, auto finance people, license issuers, etc.

That's a good point. You could also theorize that since people will be saving money on car insurance, body shops etc that people will take that money saved and spend it elsewhere in the economy, thus creating jobs that way.

It's hard to predict what automation will do. They were predicting these kinds of things going back to the industrial revolution. The iron smith went away but different jobs were then created. Automation may mean more unemployment but who knows, we have to adapt as it happens.
#15150682
noemon wrote:Reparations? What on earth are your rambling? You said you would put all descendants of slaves to military boarding school, you did not even mention "reparations".



Yellow card for pretending to be stupid in order to justify your racism by calling the above as your magnanimity for "reparations for slavery".

Read the original post to late above. The one quoted by Dr. Lee. I clearly say I believe in reparations. Going to a military style prep school is very high end and pricey. A lot of very wealthy privileged people have done that with their kids. It seems there is a cultural barrier here.

The concentration camp was a lie added by Dr Lee.
User avatar
By noemon
#15150683
It is evident that you are singling our the descendants of slaves because you are extremely racist. You would round up Obama's children for example to give them "proper education" despite the fact that they are more educated than you are, you would not put white trailer trash on those schools however or Latinos cause they are not "descendants of slaves".

Your "reparations" nonsense is not fooling anybody and please do not play with our intelligence.

What Drlee said is apt and true. You have no shame and I have had enough of your extremist racism.
#15150685
I've never been comfortable with the label "whiteness". I think the meaning and definition of the term is useful, but calling it "whiteness" seems racist to me. They should re-label the term "white normalization" or something. Whiteness to me means "the state of being white", just as "blackness" is the state of being black. I don't think the state of being "white" should be loaded with all these negative connotations about being white. Isn't "whiteness" also getting sunburn? lol.
#15150693
[quote="late"]What happened is that they didn't fix it.

The 3 largest reasons are they didn't want to spend what it would take, they didn't want to piss off the South that much, and LBJ sucked at managing programs.[/quote]

No they really haven't spent much and it's sad.

A big problem is also that sexual revolution that started in the 60's has been troublesome for poor black communities. The single motherhood rate among African Americans has increased by 70% since the 1960's, and this causes so many intergenerational problems. I'm sure access to birth control has been less for poor people, even though the cultural of sexual liberation occurred the same as in wealthier communities.

Often gangs are created when poor young people don't have a stable home life if their poor and/or single parent is often away from home working, so gangs become an extended family for people, and they get into illegal activity because poor poorly educated people don't have many other means to make a lot of money.

The 60's is also the time when drugs entered American communities, and for blacks got really bad since the 1980's crack epidemic.

These same problems have affected white people too, but I think it's just been worse for poor blacks and poor people in general including poor whites.

Society has made tremendous gains since the 60's in terms of things like equality rights but there have been many things that have become worse. It's really worrisome.
#15150698
Unthinking Majority wrote:A big problem is also that sexual revolution that started in the 60's has been troublesome for poor black communities. The single motherhood rate among African Americans has increased by 70% since the 1960's, and this causes so many intergenerational problems. I'm sure access to birth control has been less for poor people, even though the cultural of sexual liberation occurred the same as in wealthier communities.


Imagine blaming the sexual revolution for single motherhood among African-Americans with barely a hint of talking about the true culprit - the war on drugs, mandatory minimum sentencing, and the large racial disparity - geographic disparity due to redlining and other unrelated-to-race economic factors if the R word makes you uncomfortable - in drug arrests and sentencing. :knife:

But sure, it's all the fault of those loose black sluts too high to give a fuck. :roll:
#15150700
Fasces wrote:Imagine blaming the sexual revolution for single motherhood among African-Americans with barely a hint of talking about the true culprit - the war on drugs, mandatory minimum sentencing, and the large racial disparity - geographic disparity due to redlining and other unrelated-to-race economic factors if the R word makes you uncomfortable - in drug arrests and sentencing. :knife:

Yes I agree these are major factors in single motherhood too. I did talk about drugs.

Some of it is due to these factors and some aren't. Getting pregnant in your teens out of wedlock doesn't typically have anything to do with the war on drugs.

I'm also not "blaming black women", the men are equally to blame. Did as many people behave like this in the 1950's when the church would pressure people to not have sex before marriage?

#15150701
Teen pregnancy is a consequence of poverty. It has nothing to do with the sexual revolution. Rates of teen pregnancy have declined since the 40s and 50s.

Image

Image

If anything, it appears that the proliferation of family planning and the divorce of sex and procreation have been boons for teen pregnancy. If African Americans have a higher rate of teen pregnancy than whites it is due to racial disparity in wealth - ahem, geographic disparity in wealth.
#15150703
noemon wrote:It is evident that you are singling our the descendants of slaves because you are extremely racist. You would round up Obama's children for example to give them "proper education" despite the fact that they are more educated than you are, you would not put white trailer trash on those schools however or Latinos cause they are not "descendants of slaves".

Your "reparations" nonsense is not fooling anybody and please do not play with our intelligence.

What Drlee said is apt and true. You have no shame and I have had enough of your extremist racism.

Are you from America? I suspect you are not from the USA. Over here people have been asking for reparations for slavery for decades. They also demand better schools ALL THE TIME.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/12/12/lear ... ality.html
https://www.edweek.org/policy-politics/ ... on/2020/10
https://www.nbcboston.com/lx/ould-repar ... o/2258677/
https://bpr.berkeley.edu/2019/12/03/how ... -students/
Image
#15150706
noemon wrote:It is evident that you are singling our the descendants of slaves because you are extremely racist. You would round up Obama's children for example to give them "proper education" despite the fact that they are more educated than you are, you would not put white trailer trash on those schools however or Latinos cause they are not "descendants of slaves".

Your "reparations" nonsense is not fooling anybody and please do not play with our intelligence.

What Drlee said is apt and true. You have no shame and I have had enough of your extremist racism.

Do you understand what is a private girls or boys prep school where success and discipline are emphasized? I sent my kids to prep schools and they are better for it.

Have you ever heard of Eton school in the UK? This is what I am talking about:

Eton College (/ˈiːtən/)[3] is a 13–18 independent boarding school for boys in the town of Eton, near Windsor in Berkshire, England. It was founded in 1440 by King Henry VI as "Kynge's College of Our Ladye of Eton besyde Windesore",[4] as a sister institution to King's College, Cambridge, making it the 18th-oldest Headmasters' and Headmistresses' Conference school. Eton's history and influence have made it one of the most prestigious schools in the world.[5]

Following the public school tradition, Eton is a full boarding school, which means pupils live at the school seven days a week,[6] and it is one of only five such remaining single-sex boys', boarding-only independent senior schools in the United Kingdom (the others being Harrow, Sherborne, Radley, and Winchester).[7] The remainder have since become co-educational: Rugby (1976), Charterhouse (1971), Westminster (1973),[8] and Shrewsbury (2015). Eton has educated prime ministers, world leaders, Nobel laureates, Academy Award– and BAFTA award-winning actors, and generations of the aristocracy, having been referred to as "the chief nurse of England's statesmen."[9]

Eton charges up to £42,501 per year[10] (£14,167 per term, with three terms per academic year, in 2020).[11] Eton was noted as being the sixth most expensive HMC boarding school in the UK in 2013–14;
WIKI

Why would it be racist to send kids to schools like that?
User avatar
By noemon
#15150731
Do not underestimate my intelligence racist troll.

You spoke for the need of education for those who need it. Not all "the descendants of slaves" need education, lots of them are more educated than you, while White and Latin trash like yourself also may require education in your "special military Eton", but for you that is reserved only for "the descendants of slaves".

Do not make any more racist extremism.
By late
#15150733
Julian658 wrote:
The question that begs an answer is why continue to do more of the same.



I say we never did it, and then you say why more of the same.

Wake up.
#15150745
late wrote:I say we never did it, and then you say why more of the same.

Wake up.


Let me ask you a question:

Do you think it is racist to be for reparations?
User avatar
By noemon
#15150747
Your "reparations" is a smoking gun, it's what you you hope will permit you to be racist against Black people by putting them all under "descendant of slaves".

As opposed to "Latins" who should not be lumped with Black minorities cause "not descendants of slaves" despite enormous numbers of both communities lacking education and being plagued by the gangsta lifestyle.

You do not care about educating anybody, you only care about being accepted as "white" and racism is what provides you access to your own self-defined "whiteness".
By late
#15150754
Julian658 wrote:
Let me ask you a question:

Do you think it is racist to be for reparations?



It doesn't matter. Your motives might be racist, or financial, or from some mental problem.

But it doesn't matter, you're broken.
  • 1
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
  • 6
  • 7
  • 44
Election 2024 Thread

Saw a poll that said Trump is polling at 54% amon[…]

US bombs Syria

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/us-hits-iranian-b[…]

One of my favorite ancient stories outside of Scri[…]

Election 2020

I'll name ten: Boris Berezovsky Stanislav Markel[…]