Election 2020 - Page 552 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the USA and Canada.

Moderator: PoFo North America Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
By B0ycey
Rancid wrote:The Biden death squads will take care of it. Nothing to worry about.

Sidenote, what is right wing social media talking about right now? Are they going ape shit?

Just the usual conspiracy shit. Nothing to concern yourself on. Although the nutty right are a significant minority. They are a headache, but not something Biden should worry about. The issue America has is those who feel left behind. The vast majority who voted Trump. I assure you they aren't going anywhere if America doesn't address their concerns. They will vote for the next Republican that promises to bring jobs back home on a race card because they genuinely believe Mexicans have stolen their jobs. They haven't realised that neocons are actually outsourcing them for profits.
Last edited by B0ycey on 20 Jan 2021 19:42, edited 2 times in total.
By B0ycey
Istanbuller wrote:Politics is expensive. It is expensive everywhere. How can politicians run campaign without mega donors?

The UK have managed it. Just put a cap on spending and publish donors. Job done.
By Istanbuller
B0ycey wrote:The UK have managed it. Just put a cap on spending and publish donors. Job done.

No. Nobody can run a political campaign without massive chunk of money.

There are absolutely beneficiaries of Brexit. They seduced Brexit camp with money. They are now happy to see EU companies are barred from the UK markets.
By Tainari88
Istanbuller wrote:Republicans were beaten by 7 million difference in a election which they get highest number of votes. It already become a minor party. Its base will shrink more as old white people will pass away.

But el Instabuller let us pray that only minorities die of Coronavirus....because being rich and white guarantees life...Dr. Fauci needs to back the superiority.

because disenfranchised white people are gonna attack the capitol because they can't take the reality of having to deal with the realities of being steamrolled by greedy lying politicians.

Cry me a river.
By B0ycey
Istanbuller wrote:No. Nobody can run a political campaign without massive chunk of money.

There are absolutely beneficiaries of Brexit. They seduced Brexit camp with money. They are now happy to see EU companies are barred from the UK markets.

You are chatting shit again and don't know what you are talking about clearly. The UK have caps and published donors and as such stop the issues you have in America. Without a cap you have mega donors and a race for big cash and as such you become a figurehead for Big Business and the lobbyists because of it. The Leave campaign broke spending rules, but it wasn't like they did it intentionally or that it was a major breach. Besides, Brexit was won by bad timing during a refugee crisis. Should we have a vote today, we would vote remain. Cash and donors isn't a major issue in the UK I can assure you.
By Julian658
Rancid wrote:Alright, on to some Biden bashing.

What the fuck is up with these emotional twats celebrating? Don't get me wrong, I'm happy to see the Orange Monkey go, but fuck, let's chill out a little with the emotional out bursts. Like Biden is the second coming or something. Grow a pair.

I have to give you credit! You are not tribal. ;)
By Istanbuller
B0ycey wrote:You are chatting shit again and don't know what you are talking about clearly. The UK have caps and published donors and as such stop the issues you have in America. Without a cap you have mega donors and a race for big cash and as such you become a figurehead for Big Business and the lobbyists because of it. The Leave campaign broke spending rules, but it wasn't like they did it intentionally or that it was a major breach. Besides, Brexit was won by bad timing during a refugee crisis. Should we have a vote today, we would vote remain. Cash and donors isn't a major issue in the UK I can assure you.

Big cash and mega donors are not problem. Statism is problem. Public funds for political parties is worse. You got that in the UK. Taxpayers money is being used without notifications to taxpayers.

Koch billionaires spend billions of US dollars to keep the country in founding principles of libertarianism and conservatism. They advocated less government and more free markets. I am siding with big money. They know better.
By B0ycey
Istanbuller wrote:Big cash and mega donors are not problem.

I refuse to believe that you are so ignorant to think this. Big donors means big favors. How can you look after your voters when you have to look after your backers? It is why gun laws will never be reformed and why America is climate blind. Because oil an the NSA are big political players. Unless a president makes a stand to address blue collar votes, we will be talking about polarisation for years to come in America.
By Istanbuller
Julian658 wrote:I have to give you credit! You are not tribal. ;)

Tribalism is better. A tribal person is disciplined whereas a centrist is undisciplined and compromised. Centrism makes politics unmeaningful. You have same things whoever wins.

Centrism is Keynesianism in the US today. Centrism is corruption in Africa. It was communism in Soviet Russia.
Julian658 wrote:So far today the Dow is down over 200 points. Let's hope Biden can take care of Wall Street. OTOH, the sun is still shining, everything is good.

Word now is that there is no sun, the sun is a conspiracy theory brainwashed into us by the liberal media and the Marxist professors in their ivory towers.
By Julian658
Rancid wrote:The stock market is up across the board....

I misread it!
Love Biden, he can BS as well as Reagan. However, no one tells a joke better than Reagan. He is also Catholic, so I should like him for that.
By Julian658
Istanbuller wrote:Tribalism is better. A tribal person is disciplined whereas a centrist is undisciplined and compromised. Centrism makes politics unmeaningful. You have same things whoever wins.

Centrism is Keynesianism in the US today. Centrism is corruption in Africa. It was communism in Soviet Russia.

I am quite the centrist so I am screwed. I seem to be conservative, but i do not give a shite about abortion.
By Tainari88
B0ycey wrote:I refuse to believe that you are so ignorant to think this. Big donors means big favors. How can you look after your voters when you have to look after your backers? It is why gun laws will never be reformed and why America is climate blind. Because oil an the NSA are big political players. Unless a president makes a stand to address blue collar votes, we will be talking about polarisation for years to come in America.

Money in life is meaningless. That is why drug dealers don't care about profits. Or politicians who need to get rich selling their privileged information and connections either. Money has no hold over their saint like lives.
By Rancid
A bunch of corporations are putting out their "good luck" statements and what not.

Funny how these corporations always refer to the government as a (equal) "partner". :eh:

CORPORATISM IS ALIVE AND STRONG!
By Beren
Julian658 wrote:I misread it!
Love Biden, he can BS as well as Reagan. However, no one tells a joke better than Reagan.

Reagan was better because he had professional experience with acting. He was also luckier with his personal life, so it was easier for him to be positive and funny.

By Rancid
The markets were down back when the fall/winter covid spike started. I told my wife "BUY BUY BUY BUY!!!" we bought, and I'm making money baby. 8)

Buy the bad news!
By XogGyux
Julian658 wrote:So far today the Dow is down over 200 points. Let's hope Biden can take care of Wall Street. OTOH, the sun is still shining, everything is good.

Really? That didn't seem to last long. Seems to be +260 currently, hitting records highs.
Let's be clear, I didn't give much crap about the stock market under trump, I certainly don't give much crap about it now that biden is in office. It was a fake measure of success (and therefore also failure) given that it does not necessarily track with our economy. Cannot possible be making the argument that the economy is 50% healthier today than it was last march. Why is this so hard to get across?
By Rancid
XogGyux wrote:Really? That didn't seem to last long. Seems to be +260 currently, hitting records highs.
Let's be clear, I didn't give much crap about the stock market under trump, I certainly don't give much crap about it now that biden is in office. It was a fake measure of success (and therefore also failure) given that it does not necessarily track with our economy. Cannot possible be making the argument that the economy is 50% healthier today than it was last march. Why is this so hard to get across?

Indeed, people that use the stock market as some sort of measure of success for the federal government is a fucking moron... basically.
By XogGyux
How the largest US news corporations covering the day.

How psychophans baby ass-kissing network is covering the news. Notice that the mention to Joe biden's inauguration is reserved for a tiny small banner in the bottom. Today's day is about Trump :lol:

However, this is still good news. Does not seem FOX followed with that nonsense and hope the other networks let Trump fade into irrelevance.
Attachments
F74ABEBC-6B25-464C-BAE0-AD5E4C5A7C7B_1_105_c.jpeg
Russia-Ukraine War 2022

Two things can be true at once: Russia doesn't ha[…]

Thank goodness saner heads and science is prevaili[…]

4 foot tall Chinese parents are regularly giving b[…]

Israel-Palestinian War 2023

https://twitter.com/hermit_hwarang/status/1779130[…]