Alexey Navalny detained on return to Moscow - Page 16 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Talk about what you've seen in the news today.

Moderator: PoFo Today's News Mods

noemon wrote:can't even defend a patch of land from Azerbaijan

"Can't" and "don't want" are two different verbs.

noemon wrote:'Greek Russophobia' telling you things you don't like being said....

Greek Russophobia is the specific way of Greeks to see Russia as the part of Greece inhabited by barbarian mentally damaged Greeks who have no better thing to do than to die for Greek interests.

noemon wrote:Orthodox Christian Armenians ethnic-cleansed from their own homes in the year 2020 under the auspices of Russia.

Armenians aren't Orthodox (their Church is a bit older than the whole Orthodox thing) and anyway there's no Orthodox anymore. Greeks supported the schisma in our Church. They probably worship some other God.
Ganeshas Rat wrote:"Can't" and "don't want" are two different verbs.
Greek Russophobia is the specific way of Greeks to see Russia as the part of Greece inhabited by barbarian mentally damaged Greeks who have no better thing to do than to die for Greek interests.
Armenians aren't Orthodox (their Church is a bit older than the whole Orthodox thing) and anyway there's no Orthodox anymore. Greeks supported the schisma in our Church. They probably worship some other God.

If you believe the Greeks are your problem brother, then :lol:

The Armenians being un-Orthodox is a new one.

Schisma? What schisma the fact that you excommunicated the entire Orthodox world because Constantinople granted Ukraine its Autocephaly after the Ukrainian nation petitioned for it? The same way Russia, Bulgaria, Serbia, Albania, Czechia petitioned Constantinople in the past.

It's funny you took issue with that but not with Azeri Turks ethnic-cleansing Armenians under your watch. Or with Turks bringing jihadis to fight you in Syria & Libya.

Your problem is clearly a systemic one, you are lost as a nation, you have no cohesive foreign policy, your internal governance is third-world and the west has totally left you on your own devices thus preventing you from using it as a scapegoat.

You 're not convincing anybody, neither Russians nor Eastern Europeans, nor Yugoslavs, not even Old Calendarists, and not even your own self mate.
noemon wrote:The Armenians being un-Orthodox is a new one.

Maybe for you it is, but then you shouldn't bring the whole religion topic at all. The difference between Armenian (Ethiopic/Coptic/Assyrian) christianity and everything else is more than the difference between Catholic and Orthodox.

noemon wrote:It's funny you took issue with that

I take the issue with my problems before everyone's else. The Turkish puppet splitting my nation apart is more important than someone else's problems (not existing as I said because living here I know they don't exist).
Ganeshas Rat wrote:Maybe for you it is, but then you shouldn't bring the whole religion topic at all. The difference between Armenian (Ethiopic/Coptic/Assyrian) christianity and everything else is more than the difference between Catholic and Orthodox.
I take the issue with my problems before everyone's else. The Turkish puppet splitting my nation apart is more important than someone else's problems (not existing as I said because living here I know they don't exist).

That thing you took issue with(the Autocephaly of the Ukrainian Church) in none of your business either and the excommunication has been issued only by the Russian church against the rest of the Orthodox world and not the other way around. :eh:

I am not the one sitting here talking about Russia as the "beacon, defender, protector of Orthodoxy, the last bastion" .

These are nonsense that Russia, her schismatic church and Putin have been cultivating for years because they do not have anything else going for them.

Even in the regard, Russia has failed totally and entirely.

Evidently, Russia has massive problems and not even this religious veneer of bullshit is capable of hiding the problems under the rug.

The Russian nation needs to sort out its own problems like all the other nations instead of letting all the problem fester because truly there is no running away and playing the conspiracy card only gets you so far.
@noemon ;

Are you serious? Are you blaming the west for Turkish ethnic-cleansing in Armenia under your watch?

Firstly, you mentioned ''theaters'', as if they are in a state of malign neglect, when I should not remind you that Turkey is a NATO member, and Georgia is angling for NATO membership too, a dangerous escalation. After 1915, Russia was slowly in the process of liberating the Armenians and Assyrians and Pontic Greeks, when Treason struck Russia as she was close to the verge of triumph in WWI. You want Russia to try again? Maybe it will happen...

Are you blaming the west for Libya where the EU is imposing an arms embargo against Turkey, thus helping your side and openly so?

Are you ignoring the beginning of the bloody feast there? :eh:

What about Ukraine? What? There are no western armies in Ukraine, noone is threatening you, you are threatening your Ukrainian Orthodox brothers and you have reached to a point where they hate your guts. If the Ukrainians(along with all the rest Eastern Europeans) prefer the west over you perhaps you should consider why that may be instead of assuming it is only because of "conspiracies against the beacon of Orthodoxy", who can't even hold its own candle.

Baloney. The West installed a regime in the Ukraine that memorializes WWII Fascist collaborators and butchers like Stepan Bandera. I know people who endured the attempted ethnic Russian cleansing of the Donbass from Neo-Nazi folks like the Azov Battalion, for all the West did to ignore it and to loot the Ukraine into the bargain.
Are you blaming the west for Syria from where she has withdrawn years now?

You are surely aware of the established fact that American troops are in Syria, and even increased their presence there in recent days? :eh:

Are you totally incapable of accepting responsibility for your own actions?

The burden of true history is such that that is precisely what we are doing, though you refuse to see it.

Where is that 'Russian soul' you spoke of?

Awakening, although the West desires to put It to death.

This is a total disappointment on so many levels. Disappointment is a form of caring. :*

You'll get over it when we join hands in Tsargrad, someday, if you folks can break free of the seductive but toxic Western ways. Russia has to do it too, to be fair, and the other Proslaviye lands, the Orthodox people. It seems though all you can see is the Hagarene, the Turk, as the main problem.
annatar1914 wrote:@noemon ;
Firstly, you mentioned ''theaters'', as if they are in a state of malign neglect, when I should not remind you that Turkey is a NATO member, and Georgia is angling for NATO membership too, a dangerous escalation. After 1915, Russia was slowly in the process of liberating the Armenians and Assyrians and Pontic Greeks, when Treason struck Russia as she was close to the verge of triumph in WWI. You want Russia to try again? Maybe it will happen...

Mate, Constantinople was liberated(no thanks to Russia) and then Russia directly armed Kemal to take it.

Same time 100 years ago, the Greek flag and the Cross were flying over Constantinople.

I'm asking you again:

noemon wrote:Are you serious? Are you blaming the west for Turkish ethnic-cleansing in Armenia under your watch?

How on earth are you going to spin this?

annatar1914 wrote:Baloney. The West installed a regime in the Ukraine that memorializes WWII Fascist collaborators and butchers like Stepan Bandera. I know people who endured the attempted ethnic Russian cleansing of the Donbass from Neo-Nazi folks like the Azov Battalion, for all the West did to ignore it and to loot the Ukraine into the bargain.

What on earth are you talking about? that you felt Russian people to be in danger in the Ukraine? What is your problem with the Ukraine signing a trade deal with the EU? They did now, so what? Did the world fall apart? You went to war with the Ukraine to prevent it from trading with Europe. What is wrong with you? And you 're trying to defend it too. :eh:

If people want to trade with Europe they should be able to without having to worry whether Russia would kill them to prevent them.

annatar1914 wrote:You are surely aware of the established fact that American troops are in Syria, and even increased their presence there in recent days? :eh:

Americans stopped their operations in Syria for years now. If they come back, this time it will be to put an end to the mess.

annatar1914 wrote:The burden of true history is such that that is precisely what we are doing, though you refuse to see it.

What do I refuse to see?

annatar1914 wrote:Awakening, although the West desires to put It to death.

Real men and proud nations do not blame foreigners for their failures, they look at them in the eye and face them down.

Even if foreigners turn them into stooges which is what Putin really is, that is on them and the failure of their system to prevent a foreign takeover.

Your problems are far closer to home than abroad. You do not have a functioning state, nor do you have a functioning economy.
That is on you and not on any foreigner.

annatar1914 wrote:You'll get over it when we join hands in Tsargrad, someday, if you folks can break free of the seductive but toxic Western ways. Russia has to do it too, to be fair, and the other Proslaviye lands, the Orthodox people. It seems though all you can see is the Hagarene, the Turk, as the main problem.

Unless you take destiny onto your own hands and learn how to organise a state with consent and logic, you will never join any of those who have already made the leap. Because you do not have a mandate to and without a consensus and a mandate you can not operate on that basis.
@noemon ;

Mate, Constantinople was liberated(no thanks to Russia) and then Russia directly armed Kemal to take it back.

''Russia'' didn't arm Kemal, the Bolsheviks who conquered Russia did, I'm well aware of the close relations the two God-fighting revolutionary cliques had after WWI. Btw, wasn't Alexander Parvus an agent of both?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alexander_Parvus

I'm asking you again:

How on earth are you going to spin this?

There's no ''spin'' involved at all. President Pashinyan of Armenia is anti-Russian and came to power in Armenia in one of those Western backed ''color revolutions'' they love so much. Armenians hate him now, and for good reason. He neither wanted nor asked for Russian help. So Armenia lost.

What on earth are you talking about? that you felt Russian people to be in danger in the Ukraine?

There's no ''feeling'' about it; I saw the refugees, even talked to some people who had experienced things firsthand. And this began right after the Maidan.

What is your problem with the Ukraine signing a trade deal with the EU?

This goes well beyond a ''trade deal with the EU''.

They did now, so what? Did the world fall apart? You went to war with the Ukraine to prevent it from trading with Europe. What is wrong with you? And you 're trying to defend it too. :eh:

:roll:

Russia didn't go to war with the Ukraine. Two Donbass/Novorossiya region separatist republics of ethnic Velikorussians broke away, being shelled at by command of their own Ukrainian government's orders accomplished that.

If people want to trade with Europe they should be able to without having to worry whether Russia would kill them to prevent them.

Russia didn't, so your statement is nonsense.

Americans stopped their operations in Syria for years now. If they come back, this time it will be to out an end on the mess.

No they didn't, and American troops are there as Trump said, for the Syrian oilfields.

What do I refuse to see?

Plenty.

Real men and proud nations do not blame foreigners for their failures, they look at them in the eye and face them down.

Foreigners can be a problem. Russia's history is exactly that ending of the problem, sometimes at great cost.

Even if foreigners turn them into stooges which is what Putin really is, that is on them and the failure of their system to prevent a foreign takeover.

Putin isn't a ''stooge''. He's a patriot, but alas, he actually is something of a Westernizer, albeit one that has slowly learned over time that the West has no interest in an independent and prosperous Russia. Anything he is other than that, is between him and the Russian people and nobody else.

Your problems are far closer to home than abroad. You do not have a functioning state, nor do you have a functioning economy.
That is on you and not on any foreigner.

Russia is doing alright but could be better especially with income disparity, but that's a problem of unethical and rapacious modern Capitalism everywhere. Russia is slowly recovering from the Atheists, who are a problem deeper than mere material issues but are a cancer of the soul.

Unless you take destiny onto your own hands and learn how to organise a state with consent and logic, you will never join any of those who have already made the leap. Because you do not have a mandate to and without a consensus and a mandate you can not operate on that basis.

I suspect rather that the problem is that Russia is in existence in the first place, and still stubbornly refuses to make the leap entirely into the European-style future of oblivion and demographic replacement. That is your ''leap'' in actuality.
annatar1914 wrote:''Russia'' didn't arm Kemal, the Bolsheviks who conquered Russia did

Mmkay.

annatar1914 wrote:There's no ''spin'' involved at all. President Pashinyan of Armenia is anti-Russian and came to power in Armenia in one of those Western backed ''color revolutions'' they love so much. Armenians hate him now, and for good reason. He neither wanted nor asked for Russian help. So Armenia lost. Russia didn't, so your statement is nonsense.

Why should any country be scared to trade with Europe? What is this "color revolution" that you are scared of? Countries not reciting "we love Putin" every morning at schools? What is this going beyond a trade deal? They can travel freely in Europe too?
That beyond?

annatar1914 wrote:This goes well beyond a ''trade deal with the EU''.

Do not be tiring, say whatever it is you want to say out loud please.

annatar1914 wrote:There's no ''feeling'' about it; I saw the refugees, even talked to some people who had experienced things firsthand. And this began right after the Maidan.

Russia didn't go to war with the Ukraine. Two Donbass/Novorossiya region separatist republics of ethnic Velikorussians broke away, being shelled at by command of their own Ukrainian government's orders accomplished that.

Of course she did, nobody attacked anyone until Russian separatists were trying to break up Ukraine. We know which chicken and egg came first. Russians tried to break up Ukraine and Ukrainian security forces tried to stop them as any other state would have.

annatar1914 wrote:Plenty.

What? say it out loud.

annatar1914 wrote:Putin isn't a ''stooge''. He's a patriot, but alas, he actually is something of a Westernizer, albeit one that has slowly learned over time that the West has no interest in an independent and prosperous Russia. Anything he is other than that, is between him and the Russian people and nobody else.

Why is Russian prosperity contingent on western whims? :eh:

How is that not totally self-defeating?

annatar1914 wrote:Russia is doing alright but could be better especially with income disparity, but that's a problem of unethical and rapacious modern Capitalism everywhere. Russia is slowly recovering from the Atheists, who are a problem deeper than mere material issues but are a cancer of the soul.

Russia is not recovering from anything because the political problems that fester do not play out in politics, people must see change and to see change new things need to be tried and discovered, mistakes to be made , solutions to be found, political factions to fight and heal and fight and heal again that is how you recover from the political issues that stain the soul of a nation because people have thoughts and these thoughts need to manifest somehow, they need to express these thoughts and the state need to provide them with a way of doing it and finding consensus so that the nation is behind whatever is happening and the government has a mandate to rule them.

As such Russia is in total inertia and that inertia is the foundation of the problem.

annatar1914 wrote:I suspect rather that the problem is that Russia is in existence in the first place, and still stubbornly refuses to make the leap entirely into the European-style future of oblivion and demographic replacement. That is your ''leap'' in actuality.

You have a totally self-defeatist mentality and whatever I or anybody tells you you take it as wrong. I know the GOX(Old Calendarist mentality), eternal victims, the purest of the pure.

Can you not take a moment to self analyse all these nonsense? With the same vigour you analyse the problems of the west and Germany and Britain and the US?

You spend so much time criticising everybody else, why can you not do the same for your own nation?
@noemon , it's clear from this that you see a speck in my eye but not the log in your own, because of your pre-determined bias against all who have so much as a trace of true and distinctive Christian thought and action that animates their civilization;

You have a totally self-defeatist mentality and whatever I or anybody tells you you take it as wrong. I know the GOX(Old Calendarist mentality), eternal victims, the purest of the pure.

Is preserving the Christian faith for centuries something a ''victim'' engaged in ''self-defeat'' does, in the face of all forms of hidden and open persecution?

I'm thinking not.

Can you not take a moment to self analyse all these nonsense? With the same vigour you analyse the problems of the west and Germany and Britain and the US?

The problem of the West is the Problem of Russia, of Greece, of the Orthodox everywhere. It is the gradual or sudden loss of Faith over the period of centuries. Today that hit me with particular force, as I was getting gasoline for my automobile, and next to me was a young woman with a Satanic Pentagram and Baphomet sticker on her car getting gas as well...

We live in a modern age in which the Enemy of the Human Race has open acolytes who can spread his doctrine with total impunity, complete freedom. I do not think that even the original revolutionaries of Europe and America were fighting and killing and dying for that, I suspect. All the West offers is a spiritual and cultural autoimmune disorder disguised as ''Liberty, Equality, Fraternity''.

You spend so much time criticising everybody else, why can you not do the same for your own nation?

I'm on an international forum, I criticize the problems that are international in scope and which have their source in specific nations and cultural groups, historically speaking. But no, I really am no doubt talking past you at this point, you don't understand nor do you want to understand, since I have an affinity that you apparently have an antipathy for. Again, I think it best for me to just drop it.
For all the shills and defenders of Russia, you can easily observe the inhumanity of Putins rule in full display as of late. The failings in many aspects of government and leadership. They are simply to numerouse not to see.

As for the ones that will attempt to use some kind of patriotic angle of West vs Russia or anything of the sort.

"If your country starts calling itself Motherland then it means it wants to kill you or your children" - Me (Well, technically somebody I know but you don't know him)
annatar1914 wrote:@noemon , it's clear from this that you see a speck in my eye but not the log in your own, because of your pre-determined bias against all who have so much as a trace of true and distinctive Christian thought and action that animates their civilization;

It's the other way around, you find specks everywhere to find enemies and do not acknowledge the massive stone right in front of you.

Is preserving the Christian faith for centuries something a ''victim'' engaged in ''self-defeat'' does, in the face of all forms of hidden and open persecution?
I'm thinking not.
The problem of the West is the Problem of Russia, of Greece, of the Orthodox everywhere. It is the gradual or sudden loss of Faith over the period of centuries. Today that hit me with particular force, as I was getting gasoline for my automobile, and next to me was a young woman with a Satanic Pentagram and Baphomet sticker on her car getting gas as well...
We live in a modern age in which the Enemy of the Human Race has open acolytes who can spread his doctrine with total impunity, complete freedom. I do not think that even the original revolutionaries of Europe and America were fighting and killing and dying for that, I suspect. All the West offers is a spiritual and cultural autoimmune disorder disguised as ''Liberty, Equality, Fraternity''.

That is total nonsense. You 're looking for things to be offended.

I'm on an international forum, I criticize the problems that are international in scope and which have their source in specific nations and cultural groups, historically speaking. But no, I really am no doubt talking past you at this point, you don't understand nor do you want to understand, since I have an affinity that you apparently have an antipathy for. Again, I think it best for me to just drop it.

You overanalyse western politics and refuse to condemn pathetic Russian behaviour from Putin everywhere.
noemon wrote:It's the other way around, you find specks everywhere to find enemies and do not acknowledge the massive stone right in front of you.

That is total nonsense. You 're looking for things to be offended.

You overanalyse western politics and refuse to condemn pathetic Russian behaviour from Putin everywhere.

@noemon , all this shows that we have become very alien to you, even though your ancestors in the Christian centuries would have understood much better. So again, it's best to not speak of it than to say too much. Except I'll ''say'' this;

annatar1914 wrote:@noemon , all this shows that we have become very alien to you, even though your ancestors in the Christian centuries would have understood much better. So again, it's best to not speak of it than to say too much. Except I'll ''say'' this;

You 're not representative of the Russians. And you 're not alien, this is just nationalist hypocrisy.

Politicians should earn more, much more. Due to their relative small wages, they are prone to corruption.

Singapore - a city state - they earn 1,2 Million. 200 Milion for a Russian president should be ok and an American president shoudl earn 1 Billion per year.
MFW west is rooting for a minority hating fascist that want to Turn Russia into a neo-Russian Empire 2.0

Rip Russia's 20 million Tatars, Rip rest of Ukraine, Rip numerous central Asian republics etc if he actually succeeds (he won't :*( ) but a hypothetical rip nonetheless. He would cleanse them quicksmart and recolonize. I hereby declare my support for Navalny's efforts, as futile and trumped up by the media as they may be. He won't survive the year.
Igor Antunov wrote:MFW west is rooting for a minority hating fascist that want to Turn Russia into a neo-Russian Empire 2.0

Rip Russia's 20 million Tatars, Rip rest of Ukraine, Rip numerous central Asian republics etc if he actually succeeds (he won't :*( ) but a hypothetical rip nonetheless. He would cleanse them quicksmart and recolonize. I hereby declare my support for Navalny's efforts, as futile and trumped up by the media as they may be. He won't survive the year.

Navalny is a softer nationalist compared to Putin. It is funny that like 10 year old arguments are being used against Navalny all of a sudden, most people in Russia already forgot that propaganda pitch in Russia by the way.

But this detracts from the whole Navalny vs Putin argument though. The problem in Russia is not that Russian leaders are softer or harder nationalists, the problem is that the country is filled to the brim with corruption and non-functioning systems of government with no end in sight or the current ruling party being interested in fixing it.

I was reading some research on corruption and stumbled on something interested. One of the definitions of corruption is that it is a restorative process for a broken system. Basically in simper words it fixes faults in a system just for a price. So lets say if the system is very bureaucratic then you pay a bribe to skip all that bureaucracy. The problem with this is that if corruption becomes rampant then there is no motivation for the beurocrat to fix the system in earnest. He is, after all, getting double paid to "fix" it.
JohnRawls wrote:For all the shills and defenders of Russia, you can easily observe the inhumanity of Putins rule in full display as of late. The failings in many aspects of government and leadership. They are simply to numerouse not to see.

As for the ones that will attempt to use some kind of patriotic angle of West vs Russia or anything of the sort.

"If your country starts calling itself Motherland then it means it wants to kill you or your children" - Me (Well, technically somebody I know but you don't know him)

Last I checked a Us whistelblower was hiding out in russia, an australian journalist was being incarcerated on behalf of the us, and the daughter of a chinese businessman was being confined on behalf of the us, and the protests and unrest in us and us cities has been far greater and more violent than anything russia has experienced since the 90's...did I mention the part where the Us drone strikes its own citizens with their children beside them? So?

Projection, it's a hell of a drug.

EU is not prepared on nuclear war, but Russia,[…]

It is implausible that the IDF could not or would[…]

Moving on to the next misuse of language that sho[…]

There is no reason to have a state at all unless w[…]