Election 2020 - Page 559 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the USA and Canada.

Moderator: PoFo North America Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
Doug64 wrote:Yes, I'm sure many are taking the stolen election as gracefully as the Left took Clinton's loss in 2016. As for the rest, you asked, I responded. Apparently, you can't point out how my response is wrong. And at least one state Supreme Court has agreed with me, even if they ultimately weren't willing to take their agreement to its logical conclusion:

I totally support you continuing to claim the election was stolen because it just makes Trump look like a bigger bitch who gave up in the face of one of the greatest injustices in modern memory. Tell us Doug, why do you think Trump is a pussy coward unwilling to continue fighting for justice or to pardon the people who attempted a coup on his behalf? Is it because he's a bitch or because he's a traitor?

Cry more about your dumb bullshit pile of affidavits filed by morons and presented to the courts by Rudy Giuliani, a drunken fuckup who booked 4 Seasons Total Landscaping and got caught on camera attempting to rape a 15 year old.
By Doug64
Here's Bill Maher's take on the Capitol riot.

Drlee wrote:Doug. Do you not see the idiocy of a Wisconsin judge ruling that these people were not home bound in the face of the the incontrovertible fact that just leaving one's house to go where other people are, could and is deadly. The Judge is an idiot. Going to a congregate place to vote, even when there are precautions taken, is foolish. And so the SCOTUS did not agree with him. Big surprise there.

It wasn't a judge, it was a 4-3 decision by the Wisconsin Supreme Court. Basically, they ruled that when the state legislature said that voters could decide they were indefinitely confined (and therefore didn't need to provide a photo ID when requesting an absentee ballot) only on account of their "age, physical illness or infirmity" it meant it. Note that the legislature didn't say that those not indefinitely confined couldn't request an absentee ballot, only that they would be required to provide a photo ID when they did.
First off, leftists don't give a shit what Bill Maher thinks. That's dumbassed boomer lib shit. I didn't even watch your gay video because I legit don't care what Bill Maher has to say about anything.

Now, did the Wisconsin Supreme Court also say that voters who cast their ballots under what they understood to be the rules of that election cycle were invalid? No? I didn't think so. You don't actually care about election integrity, you just care about suppressing votes in future elections, same as this court ruling.

Now, what is your position on Donald Trump, hero patriot, giving up and not fighting to overturn a fraudulent election? Does this make him a bitch or a sell out traitor?

Oh and by the way Trump can have Wisconsin, he still loses. Quit clinging to false hopes Absolutely keep crying about how the election was stolen you sore loser. Sorry your fascist orange clown didn't get a second term to keep embarrassing America and fucking up every conceivable thing he could lay his hands on.
The fact of the matter is that Doug64, in spite of all evidence that voter fraud is not an actual problem, still contends that voter fraud is a problem. This is because as a lay-fascist, like a lay-Catholic but they only show up to the important cross burnings, understands on a certain level that his ideology is unpopular and not able to contend in a strong democratic environment where voting is easy and accessible.

He will never admit this. He is incapable of admitting this to himself because part of being an American fascist is swathing yourself in the flag and the Constitution and all the trappings of Americana as a way to insert your fascistic views into the discourse. He doesn't actually want democracy, and understands on a visceral level that democratic values are a hindrance to his policy goals. But this paradoxical view of worshiping authoritarians like Trump and his boner for the American flag and the dumb bullshit it represents will compel him to say that he wants to make voting as difficult as possible for everyone outside of the middle class because he's a ~patriot~.

You can explain how voter fraud isn't an actual problem to Doug64 until you're blue in the face. But he will insist that he just really cares about democracy so much that he wants to do everything in his power to ensure demagogues have every advantage possible in a democratic system. And I don't doubt for a second that he genuinely believes this, because American fascism is inherently contradictory up until the point the American fascist finally feels like he's strong enough to seize power and crush his enemies.

I see through you, you cowardly little shit.
By Rugoz
Doug64 wrote:And at least one state Supreme Court has agreed with me, even if they ultimately weren't willing to take their agreement to its logical conclusion

So you found one ruling you agree with. Congrats. That doesn't mean the court's decision not to throw out the election result was "illogical", nor does it mean the rulings in the other states were wrong (not least because the law differs from state to state).

It's not evidence for your grand conspiracy theory.

Besides, it's quite telling that the same system was used in the spring primary in Wisconsin yet Republicans didn't complain back then.
By Doug64
Rugoz wrote:So you found one ruling you agree with. Congrats. That doesn't mean the court's decision not to throw out the election result was "illogical", nor does it mean the rulings in the other states were wrong (not least because the law differs from state to state).

It's not evidence for your grand conspiracy theory.

Besides, it's quite telling that the same system was used in the spring primary in Wisconsin yet Republicans didn't complain back then.

I don’t have a “grand conspiracy theory,” and I agree that the court’s refusal to throw out hundreds of thousands of votes cast in good faith in accordance with what those voters were told by state officials—including the governor—were valid procedures is perfectly understandable, given the Republicans’ failure to bring the issue to the courts in a timely fashion.

But that doesn’t mean that those votes were cast in a constitutional manner and therefore that the number of invalid votes in Wisconsin’s election number in the hundreds of thousands, only that at that late date it was impossible to fix it. Like a ref’s bad call, after the game is over and you lost because of the call it’s too late to register a complaint. (Mind, that doesn’t apply to complaints about actions that happened on or just before Election Day.)

But still, only if it can be demonstrated that Biden would have carried the state without those votes can you truly assert that his win in Wisconsin is truly constitutional and therefore valid. The same holds for the rest of the states, especially the other battleground states—the ones Biden carried by only a combined percentage of 0.1%. Asserting that without those unconstitutionally cast votes Biden would have lost is easy.
By Drlee
Asserting that without those unconstitutionally cast votes Biden would have lost is easy.

Well. No. This is, and candor requires that you admit, that this is simply yet another attempt by republicans to find some way to voter suppression. The very fact that they only challenge votes in certain places proves beyond a shadow of a doubt that this is the case.

Fascists do that. Of course it would be easy not to get 120 or so Republican fascist hacks in the congress to carry this water. It would have been impossible to have gotten them to challenge the results in races that they won.

You just have to get over it Doug. Biden won in one of the cleanest and most carefully monitored elections in US history.
By Ganeshas Rat
Drlee wrote:You just have to get over it Doug. Biden won in one of the cleanest and most carefully monitored elections in US history.

The cleanest and most carefully monitotred elections in the world's history! Ever! The best elections, very, very good elections!
By Rugoz
Doug64 wrote:I don’t have a “grand conspiracy theory,” and I agree that the court’s refusal to throw out hundreds of thousands of votes cast in good faith in accordance with what those voters were told by state officials—including the governor—were valid procedures is perfectly understandable, given the Republicans’ failure to bring the issue to the courts in a timely fashion.

But that doesn’t mean that those votes were cast in a constitutional manner and therefore that the number of invalid votes in Wisconsin’s election number in the hundreds of thousands, only that at that late date it was impossible to fix it. Like a ref’s bad call, after the game is over and you lost because of the call it’s too late to register a complaint. (Mind, that doesn’t apply to complaints about actions that happened on or just before Election Day.)

But still, only if it can be demonstrated that Biden would have carried the state without those votes can you truly assert that his win in Wisconsin is truly constitutional and therefore valid. The same holds for the rest of the states, especially the other battleground states—the ones Biden carried by only a combined percentage of 0.1%. Asserting that without those unconstitutionally cast votes Biden would have lost is easy.

If you haven't noticed, there's only A SINGLE state supreme court that decided the application of the electoral law OF ITS STATE was unconstitutional. And if that court thought Biden's win was unconstitutional as a consequence, it would have thrown out the result.

You cherrypick that one ruling because its suits your agenda and pretend it proves that the other court decisions were wrong.

According to you, the other courts are either utterly unqualified or part of a conspiracy to let Biden win.

Since the former is obviously untrue, you're still peddling a grand conspiracy here, nothing else.
By Beren
CNN wrote:Disgruntled members might lead to a smaller paycheck for Trump. When Trump was president, many people paid up to $200,000 for Mar-a-Lago memberships, Leamer pointed out, and he said they don't think they'll continue paying that price.

Sic transit gloria mundi.
By colliric

PJW's probably going to be even funnier now that Biden's in office, with all the extra comedy material the Democrats usually provide.
Saeko wrote:TheDonald.win is gone. Apparently, the FBI wants to find the owner. :lol:

They rebranded as patriots.win because they didn't want Trump's loser stink on them.

Not pardoning the fascists who marched on the capital made even the most hard core Trump supporters question their beliefs. Like I've been saying: Traitor or bitch, pick one.
By JohnRawls
SpecialOlympian wrote:They rebranded as patriots.win because they didn't want Trump's loser stink on them.

Not pardoning the fascists who marched on the capital made even the most hard core Trump supporters question their beliefs. Like I've been saying: Traitor or bitch, pick one.

Did you rape Qs corpse yet?
By Potemkin
JohnRawls wrote:Did you rape Qs corpse yet?

By Tainari88
Well @Potemkin and @blackjack21, I think this piece by Applebaum from The Atlantic summed it up well. There are a huge amount of people who don't think that election was legitimate. And they are not going away because Trump might be barred from ever running for federal office.

I think the USA government will contend with internal intransigence of the worst type for many years. I really think it is karma. For all the shit they put the rest of the nations who's elections they interfered in and created dissent and internal strife supported by their money and their nasty right wing tendencies.

So now the challenge is going to be co-existing with liberal sellouts who lie all the time and are addicted to funds from the neoliberal/neoconservative crowd and the Grover Norquist core of shit for the Republican brand and the hardcore six million is not enough and confederate flag KKK and White Aryan brotherhood and other types including QÁnon conspiracy types. Good luck with that kind of fascist shitty stuff. Lots of guns and hatred. Coexist.

I knew that would be bad.

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archi ... ty/617746/

I always thought that the USA gov't and history had a black past of racism, class conscious shitty core values, genocide and ugliness. And once the threat of any kind of shift or sharing in a real sense of their pro capitalist paradigm might be drawing to a close? They would prefer to burn down the American experiment and retain their dominance by violence and fascism.

I knew that a long time ago. And now it is coming to pass.

It will mean dysfunction and the competitors seizing power and sharing it among themselves and slowly making the USA irrelevant.

But that is human history. And it is predictable. The Empires always fall due to internal contradictions and internal rot. The USA gov't is no exception.
Last edited by Tainari88 on 25 Jan 2021 20:34, edited 2 times in total.
By Rancid
@Tainari88 you think Mexico will accept refugees from the US?

@KurtFF8 Litwin wages a psyops war here but we […]

[usermention=41202] @late[/usermention] Are you[…]

[usermention=41202] @late[/usermention] The[…]

I (still) have a dream

Because the child's cattle-like parents "fol[…]