Racism definition & use - Page 16 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

For discussion of moral and ethical issues.
Forum rules: No one line posts please.
#15152545
Pants-of-dog wrote:Yes, your previous argument was wrong.



You do not seem to know what tone policing is.

Let me know if you have any questions!



Since you seem to constantly make errors in debates about racism, it is hard to assume that you have a strong level of knowledge and experience with fighting racism. Consequently, I find it hard to believe that this plan of yours would work without some evidence.

Your plan is not working.
Singapore does it better. There is your proof.
#15152552
@Julian658

You have often made errors when trying to understand my arguments and beliefs. I am therefore not certain that you can effectively judge whether or not my plan is working, because you may have no idea of my plan.

Can you clarify?
#15152554
Singapore does it better? You're such a coprophage(to use a term you are eminently familiar with), when you make up crap, @Julian658 .


Racism in Singapore, relevance of SAP schools among topics raised at dialogue on race

SINGAPORE: Ms Swedha Rajaram was six years old when she heard a taxi driver telling her mother: “You know, I normally don’t pick up Indians. They are quite smelly. I didn’t know you all were Indians.”

Her mother turned “visibly upset” and told Ms Rajaram to speak in Mandarin.

“(It was) a language that my father insisted I learn because he thought it would be a useful skill. I spoke. The driver softened and he made conversation with only me for the rest of the ride,” recalled the Singaporean, who is now 23 and a final-year student at the National University of Singapore (NUS).

“That really shook me,” she added. “That would be the first time I questioned my place in Singapore.”

Ms Rajaram’s experience as a victim of racism was one of the stories shared candidly at a session called “Regardless of Race - The Dialogue” on Saturday (Sep 21).

Organised by OnePeople.sg – the national body promoting racial and religious harmony – in partnership with CNA and supported by inter-faith group Roses of Peace, the session is the first in a series that hopes to discuss race relations in Singapore.

About 130 people from different backgrounds attended the three-hour long dialogue.

OnePeople.sg's chairman Janil Puthucheary said while race is an issue that crops up constantly in Singapore, it is not easy to discuss.

“That line between meaningful engagement, being a little too sensitive, being appropriately sensitive, between finding something entertaining, engaging and offensive, is not prescribed. It’s not clear," he said.

“’Regardless of race’ is in our pledge … but it’s something that needs active work,” he added. “We want a series of dialogues and that’s what OnePeople.sg is hoping to kickstart today."
https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/si ... e-11930444
#15152571
The best way is to follow a single unifying culture, and have adequate exposure to each other. Familiarity eliminates racism. Otherwise these things can fester for hundreds of years.


You are not correct. You use the word "best" when you proably should have used the word "easiest".

But there is a price to pay for this. If we in the USA were to choose intolerance in the service of ease we would loose the talents of people who are not willing to give up their culture to move here.

There is another problem that you have not considered. African Americans ARE very much participants in American culture. You pointed out their contribution to culture earlier in this thread. So tell me. Since they are quintessential Americans why do we have such pervasive racism? Do try to answer for a change.
#15152574
Pants-of-dog wrote:@Julian658

You have often made errors when trying to understand my arguments and beliefs. I am therefore not certain that you can effectively judge whether or not my plan is working, because you may have no idea of my plan.

Can you clarify?

You are an anti-racist. It is a religion and the religion mandates to call out racism 24/7. In some instances the very pious even manufacture racism. It is a religion based on nothing but emotion. It does not work! A best it causes more division and white people to walk in eggshells around minorities that are hypersensitive. That is not how life works POD.
#15152588
Drlee wrote:You are not correct. You use the word "best" when you proably should have used the word "easiest".

But there is a price to pay for this. If we in the USA were to choose intolerance in the service of ease we would loose the talents of people who are not willing to give up their culture to move here.


I gave up on my culture eons ago. I am in America and there is no point in expecting North American people to adapt to Latin culture. Furthermore, I knew more about America than many that were born and raised here.

The most happy and adjusted people doing well in America are assimilated into American culture. My children intermarried with Americans and not with Latinos. My daughters are American and have American culture. They are 100% adjusted to this culture.

Different ethnicities cannot unite with multiple cultures. A single unifying culture works best. I sacrificed and sent all my children to Catholic schools for 12 years. They mingled with other Catholic kids and made connections for life. I gave them a monoculture as they were growing. Whether God is real or not is moot.

Different ethnic groups with different cultures leads to balkanization.

There is another problem that you have not considered. African Americans ARE very much participants in American culture. You pointed out their contribution to culture earlier in this thread. So tell me. Since they are quintessential Americans why do we have such pervasive racism? Do try to answer for a change.


Black Americans were segregated until not that long ago. That presents formidable problems. Now that segregation is over the best solution is to leave behind the tribalism/resentment and try to find a unifying culture. Patriotism may be a dirty word for some. However, when done in moderation it unites people. We are doing the opposite. We put emphasis on differences and have slowly destroy the few things that unite people.

For example sports is a unifying force. A place where players of different ethnicities form a team and love and supported each other. The fans also unite behind the team regardless of ethnicity. America needs unifying themes.

Yes, we have racism, but it is getting better. For you it may seem worse than ever, but it is actually way better. On December 1, 1955, in Montgomery, Alabama, Rosa Parks rejected bus driver James F. Blake's order to vacate a row of four seats in the "colored" section in favor of a white passenger. Obama was elected president in 2008. That is 53 years after Rosa Parks. Obama was elected because of the white vote. Dude, that is a fucking miracle!
By late
#15152629
Drlee wrote:
Come on guy. Who do you think you are talking to. This mish-mash will not fly. You did not "gotcha" anyone. Now answer my question. Why do you want to know if minorities can be racist? What is your point?

Please stop with the pseudo-science stuff.



It's he's got.

I first encountered this tactic with pro climate trolls. They'd never lose their temper, and would endlessly reply with a plausible sounding absurdity.

Amateurs lose their sh*t because they give a sh*t. That's not the case with a pro.
#15152660
late wrote:It's he's got.

I first encountered this tactic with pro climate trolls. They'd never lose their temper, and would endlessly reply with a plausible sounding absurdity.

Amateurs lose their sh*t because they give a sh*t. That's not the case with a pro.

You guys are too paranoid and defensive. I said gotcha in meaning I finally understood what DR. Lee was trying to say.

Can you tell me what is absurd in my post.

Carry on!
#15152667
late wrote:We do that on a daily basis.

You never provide specifics. I am willing to learn something new. Just saying something is absurd is not an argument. BTW, there are many times when i actually agree with you. However, if I say the sky is blue you will say that is absurd.

“He who knows only his own side of the case knows little of that. His reasons may be good, and no one may have been able to refute them. But if he is equally unable to refute the reasons on the opposite side, if he does not so much as know what they are, he has no ground for preferring either opinion.."
John Stuart Mill
#15152668
Godstud wrote:Singapore does it better? You're such a coprophage(to use a term you are eminently familiar with), when you make up crap, @Julian658 .


Racism in Singapore, relevance of SAP schools among topics raised at dialogue on race

SINGAPORE: Ms Swedha Rajaram was six years old when she heard a taxi driver telling her mother: “You know, I normally don’t pick up Indians. They are quite smelly. I didn’t know you all were Indians.”

Her mother turned “visibly upset” and told Ms Rajaram to speak in Mandarin.

“(It was) a language that my father insisted I learn because he thought it would be a useful skill. I spoke. The driver softened and he made conversation with only me for the rest of the ride,” recalled the Singaporean, who is now 23 and a final-year student at the National University of Singapore (NUS).

“That really shook me,” she added. “That would be the first time I questioned my place in Singapore.”

Ms Rajaram’s experience as a victim of racism was one of the stories shared candidly at a session called “Regardless of Race - The Dialogue” on Saturday (Sep 21).

Organised by OnePeople.sg – the national body promoting racial and religious harmony – in partnership with CNA and supported by inter-faith group Roses of Peace, the session is the first in a series that hopes to discuss race relations in Singapore.

About 130 people from different backgrounds attended the three-hour long dialogue.

OnePeople.sg's chairman Janil Puthucheary said while race is an issue that crops up constantly in Singapore, it is not easy to discuss.

“That line between meaningful engagement, being a little too sensitive, being appropriately sensitive, between finding something entertaining, engaging and offensive, is not prescribed. It’s not clear," he said.

“’Regardless of race’ is in our pledge … but it’s something that needs active work,” he added. “We want a series of dialogues and that’s what OnePeople.sg is hoping to kickstart today."
https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/si ... e-11930444


You are the most constipated person in the planet. All you have shown is that racism is universal. What a discovery! That is so weak dude. Of course there is racism in all nations of the world. The only thing that can be done is to reduce racism. Elimination is impossible.
#15152670
You are the whiniest fuck in the world when you are proven wrong. :lol: Princess Snowflake.


You can get rid of racism by making it socially unacceptable, in any way, shape, or form. Only racists say otherwise, because they want it to perpetuate to justify their idiocy.
User avatar
By Drlee
#15152675
@Julian658

Answer my question?
#15152681
Drlee wrote:@Julian658

Answer my question?

Are you talking about this?

Since they are quintessential Americans why do we have such pervasive racism? Do try to answer for a change.


MAN is a flawed barbaric beast that evolved in tribes. The good news is that as a species we are changing for the better. That it took 53 years between Rosa Parks and Obama is a miracle. You may want to buy the book Enlightenment by Steven Pinker. We are getting better even if some people feel things are worse.

Why do some think things are worse? Probably social media, emphasis on racism by the news media for ratings, and a new generation that has forgotten how we lived in the past. Up until the early 19th century 97% of the world population was dirt poor. We are getting rid of poverty, but for those that live in the present this era seems like hell.
#15152683
Godstud wrote:You are the whiniest fuck in the world when you are proven wrong. :lol: Princess Snowflake.


You can get rid of racism by making it socially unacceptable, in any way, shape, or form. Only racists say otherwise, because they want it to perpetuate to justify their idiocy.

Your posts always reflect a midget intellect.
Have a great day!
By late
#15152691
Julian658 wrote:
You never provide specifics.



I did yesterday, and you ignored the post because you had nothing.

So while I do provide specifics, I'm not going to waste much time on your endless BS.
#15152695
late wrote:I did yesterday, and you ignored the post because you had nothing.

So while I do provide specifics, I'm not going to waste much time on your endless BS.

OK, maybe I missed that. I will look it up.
#15152705
@Julian658

Now that you have learnt that minorities can be racist, here is a question I would like you to answer:

Is it possible to be racist against white people in the USA? Yes or no?

I will warn you that you will need to explain your answer.
#15152707
Godstud wrote:You can get rid of racism by making it socially unacceptable, in any way, shape, or form.

You can get rid of prostitution by making it socially unacceptable, in any way, shape, or form. Only whores say otherwise.
You can get rid of drugs by making it socially unacceptable, in any way, shape, or form. Only cartels say otherwise.
You can get rid of water wetness by making it socially unacceptable, in any way, shape, or form. Only algae say otherwise.
#15152708
Pants-of-dog wrote:@Julian658

Now that you have learnt that minorities can be racist, here is a question I would like you to answer:

Is it possible to be racist against white people in the USA? Yes or no?

I will warn you that you will need to explain your answer.


Yes, any group can be racist against whites or others.
Racism assumes one side has a better position than the other side. The reason is nothing more than the human condition. We are still in a barbarian stage and cling to tribalism. Being aware of the possibility of tribalism is the first step.

I assume you want to make a point based on the answer you have predicted I will give you. Go ahead POD.
  • 1
  • 14
  • 15
  • 16
  • 17
  • 18
  • 44
Atheism is Evil

Wow, an atheist who always does good -- who sacri[…]

Everything I needed to know about life, I learned[…]

A lot of evidence has been presented by myself an[…]

It's been awhile since I lasted posted on this one[…]