Biden changes Trump law for transgender toilets & sport - Page 3 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the USA and Canada.

Moderator: PoFo North America Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
#15152584
Sports aren't separated by gender they're separated by biological sex because of the obvious genetic & biological differences between males and females. A trans woman is female in gender but is still a biological male. If she decides to inject hormones or have surgery on her genitals or breasts etc that's her free choice but that doesn't change somebody's biological sex, she's still biologically male and that is simply a biological fact of science. There's no such thing as "sex change" surgery, there's only plastic surgery and that doesn't change your chromosomes or basic bone and muscle structure.

Including trans women in female sports may seem fair to trans women but it isn't fair to non-trans women who would now be competing against athletes who have been exposed to far more testosterone in the womb and during puberty plus that which is in their blood stream. This doesn't seem like a logical solution. If somebody truly has no shame in who they really are then they should have no shame that they are biologically male while also choosing to gender express themselves as female. I think for trans women to ask society to pretend that they're biologically female when they scientifically aren't is overboard. I have no problem calling a trans woman "her/she", that's reasonable accommodation but trans women bashing other women's skulls in sports isn't reasonable accommodation. I don't even know what kind of human being would find that kind of competition fulfilling in any way.
#15152587
colliric wrote:JK ROWLING IS RIGHT!

Is she an ASHKENAZI JEW, though? Or does she JUDO? Because it matters! I don't know, but I'm not an expert on that, so what do you say?

ness31 wrote:Well, she’s very pretty.

Yeah, I'd let her/him give me head in any bathroom, maybe even if I'm in the know. :eek:
#15152592
colliric wrote:.. taking away the Biological woman's right to safety and security in the bathroom,


This is based on the assumption that trans women are a threat to cis women. Since this clarification has been around for years now, there has been amole time to see if cis women really in danger of sexual assault from trans women.

I would ask you for evidence, but I fear I am becoming repetitive. So I will cut to the chase and just tell you that the research does not support your argument.

Also, as a person who supports Trump even though you know he had a habit of walking into women’s lockers, bathrooms, and dressing rooms unannounced, including when the young ladies were under age, it is difficult to believe that you care about this as anything more than a political point against trans people.

—————————

I do not think that Biden is doing this to appease the far left in the US or his party.

The far left in the party want change that is far more significant than this. This, as nice as it is, is simply a clarification about human rights law. It has no economic impact. It does not demand that anyone do anything.

It is not a threat to any politician, or their lobbying donations, or maintaining the war effort, or continuing to destroy the climate.

It is a Trump move. By this I mean that it is a publicity move designed to piss off the people that already dislike him and energise his base without spending any money. Trump did this far better, but Biden is smoother about it.
#15152596
Unthinking Majority wrote:Sports aren't separated by gender they're separated by biological sex because of the obvious genetic & biological differences between males and females. A trans woman is female in gender but is still a biological male. If she decides to inject hormones or have surgery on her genitals or breasts etc that's her free choice but that doesn't change somebody's biological sex, she's still biologically male and that is simply a biological fact of science. There's no such thing as "sex change" surgery, there's only plastic surgery and that doesn't change your chromosomes or basic bone and muscle structure.

Including trans women in female sports may seem fair to trans women but it isn't fair to non-trans women who would now be competing against athletes who have been exposed to far more testosterone in the womb and during puberty plus that which is in their blood stream. This doesn't seem like a logical solution. If somebody truly has no shame in who they really are then they should have no shame that they are biologically male while also choosing to gender express themselves as female. I think for trans women to ask society to pretend that they're biologically female when they scientifically aren't is overboard. I have no problem calling a trans woman "her/she", that's reasonable accommodation but trans women bashing other women's skulls in sports isn't reasonable accommodation. I don't even know what kind of human being would find that kind of competition fulfilling in any way.


I agree 100%. I support the LGBTQIA+++++, but I cannot endorse trans women competing with biological women in sports.

BTW, there are competitions where men and women can compete and physical strength is not an issue. For reasons that are not known to me most of the time men compete against men and women compete against other women when playing chess tournaments.

Why there’s a separate World Chess Championship for women?
https://en.chessbase.com/post/why-there ... -for-women
#15152599
Pants-of-dog wrote:This is based on the assumption that trans women are a threat to cis women. Since this clarification has been around for years now, there has been amole time to see if cis women really in danger of sexual assault from trans women.

I would ask you for evidence, but I fear I am becoming repetitive. So I will cut to the chase and just tell you that the research does not support your argument.

Also, as a person who supports Trump even though you know he had a habit of walking into women’s lockers, bathrooms, and dressing rooms unannounced, including when the young ladies were under age, it is difficult to believe that you care about this as anything more than a political point against trans people.

—————————

I do not think that Biden is doing this to appease the far left in the US or his party.

The far left in the party want change that is far more significant than this. This, as nice as it is, is simply a clarification about human rights law. It has no economic impact. It does not demand that anyone do anything.

It is not a threat to any politician, or their lobbying donations, or maintaining the war effort, or continuing to destroy the climate.

It is a Trump move. By this I mean that it is a publicity move designed to piss off the people that already dislike him and energise his base without spending any money. Trump did this far better, but Biden is smoother about it.

Trans women have been going to the bathroom forever. It is a made up issue from the left. No one cares. The only concern is that trans women should not compete in athletic events with biological women.
#15152604
I'm tired of big gov't conservatives ruling the country through sweeping presidential diktats. Now that Biden has liberated us from Trump decisions affecting sports can be made by sporting bodies, decisions affecting schools can be made by education bodies and decisions affecting our own bodies can be made by ourselves and our doctors.
#15152605
AFAIK wrote:I'm tired of big gov't conservatives ruling the country through sweeping presidential diktats. Now that Biden has liberated us from Trump decisions affecting sports can be made by sporting bodies, decisions affecting schools can be made by education bodies and decisions affecting our own bodies can be made by ourselves and our doctors.

Sport bodies will allow trans women to compete with biological women. The men running the sport bodies are poosies and fear cancel culture. Biological women will accept it because of cancel culture.
#15152611
By the way Julian, you said it was a made up issue from the left. This is not true. Nobody acted on this until some right wing states tried to stop it.

As for sports, I really don't give a damn. For all of the hoopla we are just not seeing a problem. If one occurs and an NBA 7 footer wants to play woman's basketball then we can cross that bridge when we come to it. We had this rule for about 6 years under Obama. No problem.

I sure does not take much to set a newfangled conservative on fire. They are triggered by Sesame street and can't help but ask it Mr. Rogers was gay. Very uptight. Today's republican....Not smart, heavily armed and easily triggered. Lovely.
#15152666
Drlee wrote:
As for sports, I really don't give a damn. For all of the hoopla we are just not seeing a problem. If one occurs and an NBA 7 footer wants to play woman's basketball then we can cross that bridge when we come to it. We had this rule for about 6 years under Obama. No problem.


A Republican has spoken once again. Doc, you often forget you are pretending to be a Republican. :lol: :lol:


Do you think the trans female Rugby player who is 6'2" 220 lb should play with girls that are on the average 5'6" 125 lb?

Image

Transgender MMA Fighter Breaks Skull of Her Female Opponent. Are we Becoming too Careful not to Offend any Group of People?

Image
https://bjj-world.com/transgender-mma-f ... -opponent/

Otherwise, I support LGBTQIA+++++. Bathrooms are not an issue.
#15152673
@Julian658
A Republican has spoken once again. Doc, you often forget you are pretending to be a Republican. :lol: :lol:


Thank you for once again making my point about the co opting of the conservative movement in this country. Yet another made up crisis to distract us from the dire situation in which we find ourselves. Another issue to keep the middle class occupied while the wealthy owners of today's Republican party pick their pocket.

So for some reason you have concluded that I am not a republican because I want the party to take on substantive issues rather than worrying about bullshit like this. You are illustrative of the decay of the party.

But I will give you a serious answer.

Do you think the trans female Rugby player who is 6'2" 220 lb should play with girls that are on the average 5'6" 125 lb?


Two answers.

The first is NO.

But in saying that I would like to point out that on the Canadian team alone there is a 92 pound difference between Loose Forward Matt Heaton and Lock Matt Tierney. But of course the way to deal with this is to have the various leagues and accrediting authorities deal with it.

Second answer.

This is another example of the out-of-control nonsense the extreme wing of the democratic party sometimes forwards. (I do not say left wing because it would, quite rightly, offend true leftists.)

BUT Julian.

I am a Republican. The problem with this is much bigger than whether MMA chicks should fight dudes. It is that this is a classic example of the failure of the concept of states rights. What the Republicans are ignoring is that on the issue of sports the the local schools, the US Government should have no role at all. And even if there is a problem certainly not by presidential proclamation.

If the US Government finds that an organization or other government agency (such as the public schools) is violating someone's rights, they have a good remedy through the courts. That is what the Civil Rights Division of the Justice Department is for. This should be decided in the courts, not on the Resolute desk.

We saw plenty of examples of this played out under Trump. Many of his executive orders were struck down in the courts. Why? Because he was acting beyond his authority. By the way, if I had the helm I would eliminate the Department of Education. It only exists to weasel into issues that should be handled by the state and local governments.

We have a bigger overarching problem though. That is the absolute gridlock in Washington. That is what is causing so many things to be handled through executive order or legislative fiat. Remember when Mitch McConnell said that he would try to block EVERYTHING that Obama did? He did not add, "unless it is good for the country". Being good for the country these days is not even a consideration. All that matters is what is popular with one's political base.

Some would say that this is what is wrong with our two party form of representative government in the first place. After all. Should not a representative be taught to "dance with them that brung ya?"

In the "olden" days we Republicans frequently compromised with Democrats when it was good for the country. (And they with us.) Indeed this pandemic is a classic example of just how bad it can get when 500K people have to die for some toxic though weirdly effective political rhetoric.

That Julian, is an answer.
#15152679
Drlee wrote:@Julian658

Thank you for once again making my point about the co opting of the conservative movement in this country. Yet another made up crisis to distract us from the dire situation in which we find ourselves. Another issue to keep the middle class occupied while the wealthy owners of today's Republican party pick their pocket.

So for some reason you have concluded that I am not a republican because I want the party to take on substantive issues rather than worrying about bullshit like this. You are illustrative of the decay of the party.

But I will give you a serious answer.



Two answers.

The first is NO.

But in saying that I would like to point out that on the Canadian team alone there is a 92 pound difference between Loose Forward Matt Heaton and Lock Matt Tierney. But of course the way to deal with this is to have the various leagues and accrediting authorities deal with it.

Second answer.

This is another example of the out-of-control nonsense the extreme wing of the democratic party sometimes forwards. (I do not say left wing because it would, quite rightly, offend true leftists.)

BUT Julian.

I am a Republican. The problem with this is much bigger than whether MMA chicks should fight dudes. It is that this is a classic example of the failure of the concept of states rights. What the Republicans are ignoring is that on the issue of sports the the local schools, the US Government should have no role at all. And even if there is a problem certainly not by presidential proclamation.

If the US Government finds that an organization or other government agency (such as the public schools) is violating someone's rights, they have a good remedy through the courts. That is what the Civil Rights Division of the Justice Department is for. This should be decided in the courts, not on the Resolute desk.

We saw plenty of examples of this played out under Trump. Many of his executive orders were struck down in the courts. Why? Because he was acting beyond his authority. By the way, if I had the helm I would eliminate the Department of Education. It only exists to weasel into issues that should be handled by the state and local governments.

We have a bigger overarching problem though. That is the absolute gridlock in Washington. That is what is causing so many things to be handled through executive order or legislative fiat. Remember when Mitch McConnell said that he would try to block EVERYTHING that Obama did? He did not add, "unless it is good for the country". Being good for the country these days is not even a consideration. All that matters is what is popular with one's political base.

Some would say that this is what is wrong with our two party form of representative government in the first place. After all. Should not a representative be taught to "dance with them that brung ya?"

In the "olden" days we Republicans frequently compromised with Democrats when it was good for the country. (And they with us.) Indeed this pandemic is a classic example of just how bad it can get when 500K people have to die for some toxic though weirdly effective political rhetoric.

That Julian, is an answer.


One of your better posts. I do not find any fault with what you have written.
I will add that both parties pander to their respective bases by making convincing them that their problems are due to the other opposing party.

Having said that----------- I feel Biden is much better than Trump, but he will pander to the base instead of trying to improve the lives of those that are in need.

I disagree with your concept of blaming all Covid deaths on Trump. Many other nations had the same problems.
#15152680
I disagree with your concept of blaming all Covid deaths on Trump. Many other nations had the same problems.


Many other nations had weak leadership ALSO though none quite the theater of the absurd that Trump lead.
#15152685
Will me using a pissoir be passive-aggressive to a transgender present in the restroom?


:D

Yes. Absolutely! You will harm their psyche. We should remove all urinals from restrooms because they are symbols of male biological dominance.
#15152687
Also, while I'm here. Some males currently menstruate and some females don't. It seems a bit toxic considering they can also menstruate in restrooms or even worse, not to menstruate while everyone else in the restroom is menstruating. Is this really the society of true equality? My humble proposition is for the senate to pass the Required Monthly Groin Bleeding Procedure Act as soon as possible.
#15152713
THIS JUST IN !! The far right "media outlet" WE ARE America (W.A.A.)has reported from an exclusive White House house keeping source that YELLOW DROPS had to be cleaned off of Biden's toilet. :eek:

Republican Marjorie Taylor Greene , owner of 46 firearms who exposed the story of Democrats eating dead babies, has begun immediate impeachment proceedings against Biden based upon this astonishing report.....
#15155257
Pants-of-dog wrote:This is based on the assumption that trans women are a threat to cis women. Since this clarification has been around for years now, there has been amole time to see if cis women really in danger of sexual assault from trans women.


Not a threat.

Really, no threat.

Nothing to see here either.

I would ask you for evidence, but I fear I am becoming repetitive. So I will cut to the chase and just tell you that the research does not support your argument.


I've just given you a few examples of violence by trans people against women/children.

But on a related note, you mentioned some science relating to gender in the other thread. What did you mean?

The far left in the party want change that is far more significant than this.


There is not even a left in Biden's party, never mind a far left. Trans ideology is a rightwing movement (where the funding comes from) sold to us by liberals posing as socialists.

It does not demand that anyone do anything.


Actually it demands women open up their toilets, sports, prisons, rape shelters, to appease biological men.
US bombs Syria

Trump did not start any war. We had a four years o[…]

Election 2020

The Secretary of Defense is ordering our militar[…]

February 28, Saturday The Federal monitor Mont[…]

:) Of course I didn't mean that literally though[…]