Dutch anti-lockdown protests escalate, covid testing facility burned down. - Page 2 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Talk about what you've seen in the news today.

Moderator: PoFo Today's News Mods

Maybe you should get some perspective https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_r ... rebellions

I can be violently ill. You can have instances of violence. Some might describe our culture as violent. Was the riot at the Capitol particularly violent? Not really. It was all a bit meh and felt more like a photo op.

But considering how so many of you have ulterior motives for blowing it out of all proportion, I can see why you’d like to characterize it as such.
No. I think you're a pussy that reckons you can stroll through life without ever getting a scratch. a) its unrealistic and b) even violence has its place. Now, its a safe bet that you and I won't see eye to eye on that. I'm happy for you to think of me as a barbarian and I will continue to view you as a drop of rain that hasn't defrosted.
ness31 wrote:They’re super upset, undoubtedly. I particularly like the footage of them ripping a traffic light out of the road. Nice touch.

And this seem to point a finger at car companies.

See, the Dutch managed to get a lot of cars off the roads, and convert their country to bike-friendliness a few decades ago.

Perhaps it is the Car Companies who are paying the Dutch government to force Dutch people to hide from each other in order to destroy their bicycle culture.

It wouldn't surprise me at all that Big Auto would cooperate with Big Tech and Big Pharma.
QatzelOk wrote:And this seem to point a finger at car companies.

See, the Dutch managed to get a lot of cars off the roads, and convert their country to bike-friendliness a few decades ago.

Perhaps it is the Car Companies who are paying the Dutch government to force Dutch people to hide from each other in order to destroy their bicycle culture.

It wouldn't surprise me at all that Big Auto would cooperate with Big Tech and Big Pharma.

That’s a long bow you be drawing there :lol:

I thought of it as just a rebellion at some of the most basic rules of society.
About locking people in their homes and forcing them to get needles in their arms, ness31 wrote:...the most basic rules of society.

The basics of capitalism and its ecocides.

"Every once in a while, capitalism needs to slaughter many of its cattle in a war, or other sustained propaganda event." - me
QatzelOk wrote:The basics of capitalism and its ecocides.

"Every once in a while, capitalism needs to slaughter many of its cattle in a war, or other sustained propaganda event." - me

Hey, the whole thing reeks, from top to bottom, I’ve never witnessed anything like it but the writing was on the wall.
Best way anyone can protect themselves from tyranny right now is to just accept it. Roll up your sleeve and keep a low profile.
ness31 wrote:Best way anyone can protect themselves from tyranny right now is to just accept it. Roll up your sleeve and keep a low profile.

Accepting tyranny is how we got to where we are now.

Being raised by commercial media is why most Westerners don't have the mind to defend themselves against corporate tyranny. If you grew up watching TV and Hollywood, "commerce" is like your mom and dad.

Perhaps it's partially because of the fact that the Dutch are less suburbanized than most Western nations, and thus, have maintained communities and community knowlege (common sense) better than many other Western nations.
Accepting tyranny is how we got to where we are now.

I know. Some of us have given our feedback along the way.

I was speaking at a personal level as someone who needs to live and just get by from day to day.

Being raised by commercial media is why most Westerners don't have the mind to defend themselves against corporate tyranny. If you grew up watching TV and Hollywood, "commerce" is like your mom and dad.

You can have a steady diet of Western commercial media and still have the mental fitness to break it down for what it is.

Perhaps it's partially because of the fact that the Dutch are less suburbanized than most Western nations, and thus, have maintained communities and community knowlege (common sense) better than many other Western nations.

Protests have been erupting across Europe for a while now. What are they up to now? The 4th wave?
ness31 wrote:You can have a steady diet of Western commercial media and still have the mental fitness to break it down for what it is.

I strongly disagree with this statement.

It's like eating a steady diet of fastfood and convincing yourself that "a fit body" can digest it and thrive.
QatzelOk wrote:I strongly disagree with this statement.

It's like eating a steady diet of fastfood and convincing yourself that "a fit body" can digest it and thrive.

Well it helps. A fit mind is always working to burn off the rubbish it is exposed to.

We are entirely immersed and saturated in fake shit. It’s so obvious now, its actually easier to deal with it.

It sounds wanky, but you quite literally have to transcend the reality you inhabit.
ness31 wrote:You can have a steady diet of Western commercial media and still have the mental fitness to break it down for what it is.

QatzelOk wrote:I strongly disagree with this statement.

This reply @QatzelOk would imply you were unable to break down media for what it is. The only thing you need to know when exposed to media is to know that what is said doesn't mean it is true. Like a sailors tale. If you know that and are prepared to ask questions then you can have a daily dose of media and still have an opinion.
About not being able to digest fastfood no matter how healthy one is, B0ycey wrote:This reply would imply you were unable to break down media for what it is.

It also implies that my body is unable to "break down fastfood for what it is" despite my being in pretty good shape. And this is a factually true statement. I will become unhealthy if I ingest fastfood, NO MATTER how much I know about diet and nutrition.

The only thing you need to know when exposed to media is to know that what is said doesn't mean it is true. Like a sailors tale. If you know that and are prepared to ask questions then you can have a daily dose of media and still have an opinion.

You are implying that if Morgan Spurlock had read more about nutrition, he wouldn't have gained weight and hurt his heart by eating at McDonald's every day. And I disagree strongly.

Well-read people are NOT immune from media mind-control. At all. That's why I stopped watching, even though I know a lot of their strategies and devices.
ness31 wrote:So you don’t consume any mainstream media Qatz?

I haven't watched TV or a movie since January 1, 2001.

It took about 5 years for the side effects of commercial media to leave my soul.

What about you? Is commerce still choreographing your soul?
You haven’t watched TV for 20 years? What were the side effects?

What about radio?

Books? Might you read 50 Shades of Gray instead of watching it, or do you have the same policy for the written word? :D
What about your news sources? Newspapers, online news, Amy Goodman maybe?

I’m into media in all it’s forms unfortunately. Yes, it does shape your consciousness to an extent but I think it keeps me in check just enough to fit in. Otherwise I’d probably be worse than you :lol:

I won’t think of weaning myself off Hollywood until I’ve watched Maverick. Then, I might consider it ;)
Potemkin wrote:The Dutch should be under a 24-hour curfew, forever, just on principle. Just sayin'.

I'm beginning to suspect this is why I'm not as emotionally invested in stopping climate change as I'd like to be. Because, for all its other horrific implications, at least it'll literally wipe the Dutch off the map. :D

Are you aware that the only difference between yo[…]

@FiveofSwords If you think that science is mer[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

I'm just free flowing thought here: I'm trying t[…]

Left vs right, masculine vs feminine

…. the left puts on the gas pedal and the right […]