The Wuhan virus—how are we doing? - Page 84 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Provision of the two UN HDI indicators other than GNP.
Forum rules: No one line posts please.
@Pants-of-dog There is no evidence of children being less likely to catch and spread Covid-19. It was a bold-faced lie. That is why he is ignoring your question.]

Children are notorious for being spreaders of disease.
@Godstud, to requote from the article I just linked in my post that you apparently didn’t bother to read:

CDC Director Rochelle Walensky cited research during a press call indicating that COVID-19 is less likely to be spread inside the classroom than outside....

Even with communities in the red zone, the guidance said that elementary schools may remain partially open with strict physical distancing of at least six feet, given that younger students are less likely to transmit the disease.
Doug64 wrote:@Godstud, to requote from the article I just linked in my post that you apparently didn’t bother to read:

Your evidence states that children are more likely to catch Covid outdoors than in a class.

This is not that you were asked for.

You seem reluctant to provide a link and a quote from an actual study showing that children are less likely to catch it, or spread it.
Since the beginning of this crisis I am sure all of us can agree that the CDC has been a paragon of science and completely untainted by political pressure. :roll:

They said: The center recommended schools follow a four-zone color-coded transmission rubric linking school reopening policies to community transmission rates, as many states and counties have done.

When transmission rates are high (red) or substantial (orange), the CDC suggested schools should remain in primary virtual or hybrid mode, while K-12 schools should be open for full-time in-person learning when rates are moderate (yellow) or low (blue).

Nice political position, don't you think?

As for the child suicide nonsense....Leave it to San Francisco. San Francisco is like granola. Take away the fruits and nuts and all you have left are the flakes.
Godstud wrote:@Finfinder Don't lie about what someone says and not back it up with actual quotes. That's a cowardly thing to do, and some poor-ass trolling.

So don't do what you are doing now. Got it.

You people are a joke. Back it up? Read this thread before blindly backing up your echo chamber drones.
@Doug64

Keep in mind, there are at least two other varients of covid 19. This means the original covid 19 is likely to continue to evolve. You are running a risk for the safety of kids. I wouldnt dice with the devil over my kids lives if i could avoid it. Before you do test kids to establish the real harm in lack of school exposure. You can go from there. Online schooling coupled with multi person communication is likely a huge improvement in home schooling and parents haven't complained about home schooling without it
Update

I've just heard the are 7 covid 19 varients that initiated in the US. THink how many there must be world wide, how much damage the virus has caused and the speed it spread and the costs, direct and indirect incured. Kids are currently, generally not being vaccinated. Now if the virus evolves in a way that Trumps the natural protention kids enjoy and are unvaccinated think about the legions of children that could be effective and remember some survivors may have long lasting effects, too
I've just heard the are 7 covid 19 varients that initiated in the US. THink how many there must be world wide, how much damage the virus has caused and the speed it spread and the costs, direct and indirect incured. Kids are currently, generally not being vaccinated. Now if the virus evolves in a way that Trumps the natural protention kids enjoy and are unvaccinated think about the legions of children that could be effective and remember some survivors may have long lasting effects, too

Republicans do not care about this at all. The 3000 people each day who are dying is nothing to them. All they care about is the economy. They don't care about the kids or their elderly family members either. All they care about is getting the national daycare system back open.
Drlee

Joe Biden needs to launch on a national appeal based on this . I'm guessing that some republicans are wealthy enough to not worry about covid but the vast majority need health care. They will get the connection between the cost of covid and the projected cost of health care especially from those who have long term effects. This could potentially kibosh health care be it public or private. The economy will improve soon, now that cases are lessening but those who have been hospitalised have been at risk of losing their home, thus blowing off their kids inheritance. That should alarm thone selfish wankers more than the state of the market. I doubt Faux News will cover it but there's social media and youtube for those who haven't divorced their critical thinking
I hope you are right @Stormsmith

Maybe this debacle will spur universal health care. The thing is that the health care industry was the first to stand up with their hand out when stimulus was discussed. We will see if the public money is passed to the people or goes to fund stock buybacks.
So how are we doing when it comes to reopening the schools? Thanks to a rant by an Oakland progressive about the insanity of the teachers' unions' drive to keep schools closed, I've learned of a site that tracks school openings. So that's one more addition to my weekly numbers updates. But here's the current maps:

If anyone cares, the actual science shows that children above the age of five are just as likely to catch and spread Covid as adults.

children under the age of five are the ones with a lower risk of catching and spreading the virus.

Now, to put this in terms of school attendance, kids under five do not go to school.
So, that time of week again!

I need to come up with a better title for for this next one, the percentage is actually how close to state is to 100% in-person schooling.

Also, a look at how the MSM(D) is doing what it can to protect Governor Cuomo (though it's beginning to look like they won't be able to pull it off this time):

ABC 'World News Tonight' gives Cruz Cancun fiasco four times more coverage than Cuomo nursing home scandal
ABC's "World News Night" devoted roughly four times more coverage Thursday to the Cancun controversy surrounding Sen. Ted Cruz, R-Texas, than the growing legal problems faced by Democrat New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo.

With Texans still struggling following deadly winter storms that have devastated the state's power grid, Cruz landed in hot water late Wednesday after pictures emerged on social media showing him and his family flying to Mexico for vacation. Cruz flew back to Houston the next day amid the backlash.

Meanwhile, Cuomo's administration is reportedly under investigation by the FBI and the U.S. Attorney's Office in Brooklyn after critics accused officials of covering up the true number of COVID nursing home deaths in the state. Early in the pandemic, the governor ordered assisted living facilities to accept COVID-positive patients in order to keep hospital beds free.

Judging by Thursday's broadcast, it appears ABC News believes Cruz's vacation episode is far more important and consequential than Cuomo's nursing home scandal.

"World News Tonight" dedicated nearly four minutes to the GOP senator's round trip snafu and just 55 seconds to the Democrat's growing legal controversy.

NBC's "Nightly News" similarly gave Cruz more coverage during its broadcast than Cuomo, devoting two minutes and eight seconds to the senator and one minute and 41 seconds to the governor.

CBS' "Evening News" was the only network evening news program to dedicate more time to the nursing home scandal, giving it nearly two minutes as opposed to the one minute and seven seconds it devoted to the Cancun episode.

On the cable news side, CNN and the governor's brother, Chris Cuomo, have made an unprecedented push to downplay and deflect from the Democrat's controversies, with the far-left network giving its developments little to no airtime -- and giving Chris Cuomo free rein to conduct friendly, comical interviews with the scandal-plagued governor. [Note: since this article was published, CNN has announced that it has reinstated its rule barring Chris Cuomo from covering his brother.]
@Godstud, as opposed to who, CNN? And are you saying that the facts reported aren't accurate?
I think we're supposed to open up in mid April but who trusts what those dickheads in power say. :hmm:

Don't let your guard down for a moment. This disease is a killer/dis-abler in all age groups. Don't be the one who, in the rush to hit the bars, kills your grandma or the asthmatic kid next door.

Maybe( I know this must be a strange thing for you[…]

Great german commentary: https://www.nachdenkseit[…]

Wishing Georgia and Georgians success as they seek[…]

Hmm. I took it a second time and changes three ans[…]