Where's Ted? - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the USA and Canada.

Moderator: PoFo North America Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
By jimjam
He's nice and warm in Cancun :eek: .

This story is way too cool to leave unmentioned.

(would you buy a used car from this ^ maggot?)

As Texas was battered by an icy storm and widespread power losses that left millions of residents freezing and fearing for their safety, Senator Ted Cruz of Texas left the state on Wednesday and traveled to Mexico.

"Keep your family safe and just stay home and hug your kids,” Cruz said.

Here's the icing on the cake: More recently, in December, Mr. Cruz had attacked a Democrat, Mayor Stephen Adler of Austin, for taking a trip to Cabo while telling constituents to “stay home” during the pandemic.

“Hypocrites,” Mr. Cruz wrote on Twitter. “Complete and utter hypocrites.” Republican "leadership" at it's best :lol:
By XogGyux
jimjam wrote:He's nice and warm in Cancun :eek: .

This story is way too cool to leave unmentioned.

(would you buy a used car from this ^ maggot?)

As Texas was battered by an icy storm and widespread power losses that left millions of residents freezing and fearing for their safety, Senator Ted Cruz of Texas left the state on Wednesday and traveled to Mexico.

Here's the icing on the cake: More recently, in December, Mr. Cruz had attacked a Democrat, Mayor Stephen Adler of Austin, for taking a trip to Cabo while telling constituents to “stay home” during the pandemic.

“Hypocrites,” Mr. Cruz wrote on Twitter. “Complete and utter hypocrites.” Republican "leadership" at it's best :lol:

You know what? I have changed my mind, lets rise that wall and not let this fucker get back in again.
By jimjam
Governor Greg Abbott blames the breakdown of the catastrophically mismanaged Texas power grid on wind and solar power.

Ted Boyd, (now resigned) mayor of Colorado City, Texas tells residents they should be able to fend for themselves even without water and electricity and that the local government owes them nothing.

Texas senator Ted Cruz hightails it down to Cancun for some heat and sunshine while his fellow Texans freeze.

If the voters of Texas keep putting these people in charge of their lives and well being I’m afraid they deserve what they get. The state of Texas, led by Republicans for over a generation, builds cheap and with failure an option. Now the citizens of Texas are getting what they paid for - in spades.
By jimjam
I saw a recent Noam Chomsky interview in which he said that the most dangerous organization in the world right now is the Republican (Fruitcake?) Party. My hope that that the grassroots movement that helped democrats win Georgia also achieves the same for Texas.

With the exception of El Paso, Texas is the only state that deliberately opted to run its own electrical grid, deregulating suppliers and refusing recommended upgrades all in the name of costs. When Texans look over at El Paso and see why they have had zero problems with this cold weather, their unhappiness will be palpable. Texas utilities have built the weakest grid system in the country, its citizens should re-volt.

Ted Cruz didn’t go on ‘vacation’ as far as I’m concerned and as many have reported. He revealed his (and his family’s) elitist bona fides and his professional lack of responsibility towards his state when he chose to leave his own freezing home during a crisis. I prefer to see my leaders throw themselves into the center of an historic problem and, win, lose or draw illustrate by example that they are fighting for us..... as did repeatedly one of my favorite Republicans Teddy Roosevelt. Teddy Cruz would have served his constituents better by taking a snow shovel in hand and clearing the sidewalk of an elder house bound Texas citizen living in a poorer neighborhood. Current Republican "leadership" in Texas (and elsewhere) consists of pathetic attempts to shift blame for a massive and deadly screwup onto "tree hugging wackos" (Rush L.) and wind turbines. (ps. wind turbines in Minnesota did not fail this week.)
By jimjam
Text messages sent from Ms. Cruz to friends and Houston neighbors on Wednesday revealed a hastily planned trip. Their house was “FREEZING,”( :( ) as Ms. Cruz put it — and she proposed a getaway until Sunday. Ms. Cruz invited others to join them at the Ritz-Carlton in Cancún,( :) ) where they had stayed “many times,” noting the room price this week ($309 per night) and its good security. Mr. Cruz’s office declined to comment on his whereabouts. :eek: Mr. Cruz, a Republican, released a statement saying he had flown to Mexico “to be a good dad” . :roll:
By QatzelOk
jimjam wrote:I saw a recent Noam Chomsky interview in which he said that the most dangerous organization in the world right now is the Republican (Fruitcake?) Party.

Maybe Noam Chomsky is part of the Second Most dangerous organization in the world, and is constantly smearing the competition?

I don't get why Ted Cruz goes to Mexico is such a big meme, unless it's because the Democrats are back in charge now, so they can create witches more easily than for the last four years with their media.

Cruz grew up in Calgary where just about everyone flees winter weather for at least a week each winter.
He was probably just following his instincts.

What troubles me most about all the footage of him walking around airports is what terrible physical shape he appears to be in. I always imagine that rich senators have lots of time to do physical activities and stay in shape.

Don't mess with Icy Roads, Texas!
By jimjam
QatzelOk wrote:I don't get why Ted Cruz goes to Mexico is such a big meme, unless it's because the Democrats are back in charge now, so they can create witches more easily than for the last four years with
their media.

Caught my attention first off because it was REMARKABLY poor judgement ….. especially from a US senator and a Harvard graduate who wants to be potus. Extremely dumb! I don't see it as having much to do with politics as it does with dumbness although I confess to an intense dislike for a man of such arrogance who aspires to royalty...… regardless of "party".

QatzelOk wrote:what terrible physical shape he appears to be in.

He has been eating well lately …… packing it on. His suits seem to become tighter every time I see him.
By QatzelOk
CBC wrote:What caused the deadly power outages in Texas
and how Canada's grid compares

Interconnectivity, regulation, power mix all play a role
in making grids resilient, experts say

Millions of people in Texas were left shivering without power, heat and running water for several days this week and at least 30 died after a severe winter storm crippled power plants and the electricity grid.

The storm hit late last weekend, blasting parts of the southern U.S. with snow, sleet, freezing rain and temperatures as low as -20 C. It knocked out power and forced some utilities to implement rolling blackouts in other states as well.

But, as The Associated Press reported, "the worst U.S. power outages by far have been in Texas," where 4.7 million homes and businesses lost power Monday, and millions remained without power through much of the week. The outages have cost lives, with some people dying from the cold, and others from carbon monoxide poisoning while trying to keep warm.

This map shows that Québec and Texas have their own power grids.
By jimjam

To think ….. Teddy was on trump's supreme court appointment list ….. :eek:
By QatzelOk
I like how a Ford Truck dealer in Texas thought that people freezing to death was the perfect moment to pitch a new truck accessory:

In Texas, "buying a pickup truck" appears to be the go-to solution to every problem.
By Potemkin
QatzelOk wrote:I like how a Ford Truck dealer in Texas thought that people freezing to death was the perfect moment to pitch a new truck accessory:

In Texas, "buying a pickup truck" appears to be the go-to solution to every problem.

There is no problem in life which cannot be solved using a pickup truck. :up:
By Rich
jimjam wrote:As Texas was battered by an icy storm and widespread power losses that left millions of residents freezing and fearing for their safety, Senator Ted Cruz of Texas left the state on Wednesday and traveled to Mexico.

I hardly see the two situations as compatible. I mean its not like Cruz is going to spread the storm by travelling.
By blackjack21
jimjam wrote:“Hypocrites,” Mr. Cruz wrote on Twitter. “Complete and utter hypocrites.” Republican "leadership" at it's best :lol:

Yeah. People who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones. However, this isn't nearly the case as it has been with governors locking people in their homes while running free themselves. That's why they're trying to throw this back at Ted Cruz, and this story pales by comparison to Gavin Newsom facing recall or the political implosion of Andrew Cuomo.

jimjam wrote:Governor Greg Abbott blames the breakdown of the catastrophically mismanaged Texas power grid on wind and solar power.

The grid itself is fine. It's that it relies too much on wind and solar, and if they don't pay to keep other sources of energy online, they risk outages. That's the risk of wind and solar, and they are well known.

XogGyux wrote:Even the cynic on me, even if he Beto is doing it for nothing else than the press, even then, this is a billion times better than this miscarriage of a pig that calls himself ted cruz.

Beto thinks he was born to be president of the United States. He's definitely not a billion times better than anyone.

jimjam wrote:I saw a recent Noam Chomsky interview in which he said that the most dangerous organization in the world right now is the Republican (Fruitcake?) Party.

It's the Washington establishment--the permanent bureaucracy. There's not too much dangerous about Republicans. They can't even wage a decent culture war against the left.

jimjam wrote:My hope that that the grassroots movement that helped democrats win Georgia also achieves the same for Texas.

There is no grass roots movement in Georgia. The Democrats have held the mayoralty of Atlanta for 172 years--not by being honest, competent and well regarded politicians either. Cheating is something they know how to do quite well.

jimjam wrote:With the exception of El Paso, Texas is the only state that deliberately opted to run its own electrical grid, deregulating suppliers and refusing recommended upgrades all in the name of costs.

The State of Texas does not run the power grid. It's a privately owned 501(c)(4). The reason for not interoperating outside of Texas is to avoid federal regulations. The Texas Interconnect System was formed during WWII when Texas was run by Democrats.

jimjam wrote:Texas utilities have built the weakest grid system in the country, its citizens should re-volt.

It's absolutely first rate space age material compared to California, where the power grid burns down half the state, or is shut off deliberately when it gets windy.

jimjam wrote:Ted Cruz didn’t go on ‘vacation’ as far as I’m concerned and as many have reported. He revealed his (and his family’s) elitist bona fides and his professional lack of responsibility towards his state when he chose to leave his own freezing home during a crisis.

What do you think he should have done? He's a US Senator. The Federal government has no role to play in the Texas power grid, per design, when it was build when Democrats were in control.

jimjam wrote:I prefer to see my leaders throw themselves into the center of an historic problem and, win, lose or draw illustrate by example that they are fighting for us..... as did repeatedly one of my favorite Republicans Teddy Roosevelt.

Yes, but since it is not a federal issue, there is no federal role. That's how Texans of both parties like it.

jimjam wrote:Teddy Cruz would have served his constituents better by taking a snow shovel in hand and clearing the sidewalk of an elder house bound Texas citizen living in a poorer neighborhood.

Really? You think that would make a difference, huh?

Beren wrote:Senator Ted Cruz got a message. He's a great guy, but he should care more about the optics.

He threw bombs at the Democrats locking people down and not following their own orders. So they're just repaying him for that.

QatzelOk wrote:I don't get why Ted Cruz goes to Mexico is such a big meme, unless it's because the Democrats are back in charge now, so they can create witches more easily than for the last four years with their me

Andrew Quomo, it turns out, is indeed responsible for a lot of the covid deaths in New York, and Gavin Newsom is facing recall as they have gained enough signatures--which the Democrats will try to fight with signature verification, which ironically they fight to not perform when dealing with mail in ballots.

Quomo's case is more serious, because it was deliberate policy that killed people. Newsom's is more like Cruz in that it smacks of hypocrisy, but Cruz isn't deliberately forcing businesses to close down, while many governors have done that to many small businesses. Also, the Democrats are starting to fear a suburban revolt against them as teachers do not want to go back to school, but parents want to send their kids back to school. So now you have a situation where people are paying taxes for services they aren't receiving. Teachers are getting paid for not doing their jobs. It's really pissing off women voters, which is something the Democrats have come to rely on.

QatzelOk wrote:What troubles me most about all the footage of him walking around airports is what terrible physical shape he appears to be in. I always imagine that rich senators have lots of time to do physical activities and stay in shape.

A lot of people are carrying around extra covid pounds. I've had to go weekday veg to keep the pounds off.
By Rancid
Cruz = scum

What he should have been doing is pulling every string he has to get help to Texas.

Piece of shit.

Meanwhile AOC and Beto (not that I'm a fan or anything) is reminding everyone that Texas can be flipped, as Georgia was.

Texas Republicans need to stop assuming they have Texas in the bag. They need to do more.

Further the Texas legislature is at fault for this whole thing. This is 30+ years of the conservative vision on energy management, and it clearly failed miserably. These assholes are deflecting by pointing fingers at AOC, at ERCOT, at renewables, anything they can to gaslight voters. The good news is, few are falling for it. Few will forget, and many of these assholes will be voted out. I'd like to see some more moderate conservatives (or a few moderate democrats) that have an eye towards energy security and robustness voted in. Trumpists are too fucking stupid to handle a problem that only adults can solve.

So Texas legislature, are you going to put grid winterization in the budget?
By Pants-of-dog
Not only should Texas prepare its grid for winter extreme weather events, but also should connect to other grids.

Also, as Texas moves away from fossil fuels, they will need to replace the natural gas system that failed so miserably this time.
By jimjam
blackjack21 wrote:this story pales by comparison to

The sinking of the Titanic :lol:

blackjack21 wrote:Really? You think that would make a difference, huh?

Damn straight. Some poor old guy would have had his sidewalk cleared; one of the more useful things Teddy would have done for po folk in his whole life. Teddy Cruz is just another crook/blow hard in it for hisself. Teddy Roosevelt, one of my favorite Republican LEADERS I seriously doubt would have left for a sunny beach in the midst of one of the most serious crisis' the people he was charged with leading were experiencing …… at the behest of a shrew wife no less. “It’s extremely important in governing and politics to be seen doing things,” said Brendan Steinhauser, a Texas Republican strategist. “It’s important to be seen leading.”

I suspect that after your Messiah, Fat Donald, shot down his proverbial man in the street you would have justified it as an expression of free speech ……. :lol: .

There is a GIANT iguana slithering by as I drink my morning coffee :eek: . Striking resemblance to Teddy Cruz :lol: .
Last edited by jimjam on 21 Feb 2021 17:58, edited 2 times in total.
By Rancid
Pants-of-dog wrote:Not only should Texas prepare its grid for winter extreme weather events, but also should connect to other grids.

My understanding is that the Texas grid can trade power with the other grids. In that sense, it is already connected to the other grids. The separateness of the grid is more of an administration thing than anything technical. It's basically not subject to federal regulations and what not because it is contained within the state.
By JohnRawls
Rancid wrote:Cruz = scum

What he should have been doing is pulling every string he has to get help to Texas.

Piece of shit.

Meanwhile AOC and Beto (not that I'm a fan or anything) is reminding everyone that Texas can be flipped, as Georgia was.

Texas Republicans need to stop assuming they have Texas in the bag. They need to do more.

Further the Texas legislature is at fault for this whole thing. This is 30+ years of the conservative vision on energy management, and it clearly failed miserably. These assholes are deflecting by pointing fingers at AOC, at ERCOT, at renewables, anything they can to gaslight voters. The good news is, few are falling for it. Few will forget, and many of these assholes will be voted out. I'd like to see some more moderate conservatives (or a few moderate democrats) that have an eye towards energy security and robustness voted in. Trumpists are too fucking stupid to handle a problem that only adults can solve.

So Texas legislature, are you going to put grid winterization in the budget?

With all the shit Cruz has done will he get re-elected when the time comes?

As for the winterization, it should be done as a priority. Climate change doesn't mean that the climate will warm up only but also that we will have extremes more often and they will be more severe.

Then the protesters are merely criticizing the pol[…]

You're funny. https://www.amazon.co[…]

Israel-Palestinian War 2023

The Israeli government could have simply told UNRW[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

And the Ukraine aid bill is signed by Biden. Time […]