We Live in the Plastic Age - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

All general discussion about politics that doesn't belong in any of the other forums.

Moderator: PoFo Political Circus Mods

If you are reading this right now, you are plastic.

The computer you are reading this on is composed of plastic, but YOU (and I) are plastic in other ways. Plastic as in fake.

We follow laws (legal and social laws) that were made mandatory long before we were born, and were usually part of various propaganda and social control programs of generations of yesteryear. "

The were each sold on lies, and we have followed these behavior-modifying rules for generation after generation because - we are so plastic.

"Bend my arms. Twist my legs. I am yours to manage."
(Make any law or restriction you want, because I belong to you and I am universally manipulable.)

Each generation is forced to be more plastic than the one before it, as "the laws" (the practices of Modern humans) are more obviously flawed with each generation. So intead of seeing these major, life-threatening flaws and changing, we are coaxed into becoming more and more plastic. Into obeying increasingly unnatural behavioral modifications.

We live in plastic cities (suburbs) watching plastic social interactions (mass media) and interact with the community through a wall of plastic (automobiles). Our wordviews are molded by plastic teachers who work for plastic school boards.

And then we grow up to have plastic jobs, working for plastic bosses who give us plastic tasks. This all fits into our plastic worldview.

soundtrack
Everything went well because of a quick lockdown and provincial travel restrictions that were employed quickly, and without incident.

People need more education to learn how to interact with motor vehicles

Parents who let their children play outside unsupervised are just asking for trouble

Our economy requires more expansion into suburban regions in order to further grow the metropolitan area

All of the statements above are ONLY true if we are made of plastic. With plastic, you can melt and bend and pour into molds to make any shape "your new idea" suggests.

You can invade plastic countries and change their plastic governments to Barbie-ocracy.

You can make new rules that changes the number of times everyone goes to the bathroom in one day so that our body functions resemble a dickless Ken doll's perfect plasticity.

You can force people to give up family, friends, social contacts, even their own lives. And tell them it's because we are creating this perfect plastic thing. Plastic dolls don't need other dolls - just a giant (invisible?) hand to dress them up.

We are creating this perfect plastic thing, and the shape of it keeps changing and requiring ever-more plastic. Ever more melting.

When will our perfect plastic thing ever be finished?

When will be finally be allowed to stop melting ourselves down?
I’ve suspected for a while now that I am just an advanced model blow up doll.
The USA just had an election that was fake.

Imagea new head of state

The new president is a total fraud, and the "support" he enjoys is artificial.

His cabinet will be entirely "lie-based" and the launch of a fake "new start" has been announced by liar media agents.

We know that this new government is fake, but we pretend not to know this. We fake our belief in something fake.

We pretend to be scared, or not scared, of fake events that have been fabricated to make us act in a fake, pre-ordered plastic way. We are careful to "act" in the plastic ways that liars have told us to.

You probably just read this entire post, but it couldn't sink in because Barbie's head is totally hollow. And that is what we admire more than anything else.
The plastic super-heroes that we interact with in mass media and that infect our imagination and dreams:

Superman, Spiderman, Hollywood actors and writers, musical superstars, religious icons who did magic tricks, local car dealers who did well, the person who owns the biggest boat at the marina...

They are all plastic. Fake.

But what's more, by worshipping plastic superheroes...

YOU become the opposite of a super-hero - a crushed little human who accepts his super-zero status
YOU become the product of gawking at super-plastic and conclude that you are very, very small
YOU become a modern human drone who tries to exist as little as possible and to reveal or share as little as possible

That tiny ineffective YOU, the product of mass media gods... is just as plastic as the super-hero narratives that created YOU.

Plastic zeros amazed by plastic heroes.

soundtrack
danholo wrote:true you are

In the Plastic Age, words like "true" take on a new meaning.

As in: "Based on a True Story," the tagline of every second B-movie with crappy actors and plot holes all over the place.

"Be True to Your School," which really asks you to be fake for your ideology and gangster cabal.

"True Love" is not actually truly about love, but more about an intense feeling that makes sex acceptable in a puritanical and commercial fraud-scape.

Fake News competes with Real News - which isn't honest or true, but simply *follows the line* on what can be represented as "true" and what must be represented as "false." Real News just means the official fake news that our lying superiors want us to pretend to believe. And to force other people to pretend to believe.

Santa Claus is coming to town... or else. (this is the lie structure)

ie. Freedom and Democracy are coming to town... or else.

ie. I love my job is coming to town... or else.

ie. Moderates are great leaders... or else.

ie. Puritanism and Commerce are an excellent lifestyle... or else.
This is fake news! You're fake news, man!

Nothing is really true.

:lol:

Plastic....mean girls! :eek:

I do wish though that my car had less plastic in it. The ash tray is plastic and a few years back it broke and it wouldn't stay closed, so it's now duct taped shut. The car is 17 years old now. :*(
MistyTiger wrote:This is fake news! You're fake news, man!

That's my point. And your response to it is just as fake.

That's how it works.

I do wish though that my car had less plastic in it. The ash tray is plastic and a few years back it broke and it wouldn't stay closed, so it's now duct taped shut. The car is 17 years old now.

Your need for that car is plastic, as is your attachment to it.

Talking about *your car* is an example of plastic-narratives supplanting anything *real* that might have fallen into the thread by accident.

A piece of plastic sees something *realTM* and is forced (by plastic forces) to supplant it with something extremely plastic like a car story with tons of virtue-signalling in it.
QatzelOk wrote:That's my point. And your response to it is just as fake.

That's how it works.

Yes, there is so much fakeness going around. And I always wanted to yell "fake!" :lol:

Your need for that car is plastic, as is your attachment to it.

Talking about *your car* is an example of plastic-narratives supplanting anything *real* that might have fallen into the thread by accident.

A piece of plastic sees something *realTM* and is forced (by plastic forces) to supplant it with something extremely plastic like a car story with tons of virtue-signalling in it.

My need for the car is driven by my need to survive. This world dictates that you cannot work or make money without a car. My area sees snow for most of the year and I cannot walk on ice. It gets rather cold. Now if I could earn a living without driving and I no longer needed to drive to stores, then I could give up on cars. But then I would still want to drive to other places. I cannot get to the airport on foot. I do not want to walk to North Carolina or some other state.
I initially thought the title was using "plastic" as a synonym to "malleable". I realized that wasn't the intent, but decided to read it using that synonym anyway, and it still made sense.
Thunderhawk wrote:I initially thought the title was using "plastic" as a synonym to "malleable". I realized that wasn't the intent, but decided to read it using that synonym anyway, and it still made sense.

"In his recent tome, QatzelOk compares the everyday schmoe's slavery-to-his-masters-fashions to "being plastic," and begs the reader to consider how this "forced plasticity" affects the everyday common schmoes ability to think about life and make long-term plans."
- Sig Threads Unpacked, James Gorkin, 2021

I think we all respect the words of James Gorkin - an author whose name I just made up. In his expert opinion, the important thing (for being a happy muppet) is to remain malleable at all times. So remain plastic while reading the content of the thread.

As a writer of plastic narratives, their artificiality demands a permanent state of credulity and a strong willingness to change and change and change back, and change again, etc.. Don't ask questions. Just celebrate each forced change and each forced change-back.

MistyTiger wrote:My need for the car is driven by my need to survive.

Charles Darwin seems to have forgotten the life-prolonging importance of "cars" when he wrote his theories about animal survival. Plastics had not really been normalized during his day, and this may have prevented him from being as fake as you seem to need him to be.

Of course, what you said about needing cars to survive is fake, and a lie that you tell yourself every minute of your life. But why didn't Darwin notice the importance of all these lies in "prolonging life?" Didn't he play with Barbies when he was a young child.

Why was Darwin so plastic-a-phobic?
MistyTiger wrote:
My need for the car is driven by my need to survive.

QatzelOk wrote:
Charles Darwin seems to have forgotten the life-prolonging importance of "cars" when he wrote his theories about animal survival. Plastics had not really been normalized during his day, and this may have prevented him from being as fake as you seem to need him to be.

Of course, what you said about needing cars to survive is fake, and a lie that you tell yourself every minute of your life.

Sorry, Qatzel, but I gotta side with MT on this one -- you're reverting back to a 'naturalistic' lifestylist line, when the bulk of humanity now lives in *modern*, *urban* environments.

Misty is right that people *need* to work and shop, and doing so in urban environments physically requires *transportation* of some sort, and cars are a big part of that, for better or for worse.

If you like to think that we're all 'victims' of modern urban civilization, then at least we need to be *empowered* as much as possible to live and thrive in modern urban civilization.
ckaihatsu wrote:Sorry, Qatzel, but I gotta side with MT on this one -- you're reverting back to a 'naturalistic' lifestylist line, when the bulk of humanity now lives in *modern*, *urban* environments.

Well, it's because of all the plastic debris killing the oceans that I am a bit inclined to favor getting rid of plastic. But if this makes me a heretic to Plastic People, then I accept this smear. I deserve it. What else could a self-respecting piece of plastic do except condemn me for this heresy.

Misty is right that people *need* to work and shop, and doing so in urban environments physically requires *transportation* of some sort, and cars are a big part of that, for better or for worse.

For worse is the operating theme here with cars. What you are saying is that, now that corrupt mafia corporations have made our cities car-hells, we should all buy one because... need.

What else can plastic do? Plastic has no opinions or values. It just melts and takes the shape of the mold that its "makers" create.

If you like to think that we're all 'victims' of modern urban civilization, then at least we need to be *empowered* as much as possible to live and thrive in modern urban civilization.

People who conceal-carry in church say this as well. "I need to be empowered to get all I can out of my mold."

Please, notice that mold before getting all bent-out-of-shape about my criticizing the act of filling molds.

(*Mold= the ways in which we are manipulated into fulfilling certain functions

*Mold makers = the 1% - currently, crooked banksters and industrial criminals)
QatzelOk wrote:
Well, it's because of all the plastic debris killing the oceans that I am a bit inclined to favor getting rid of plastic.

Sure, I hear you on this -- for whatever it's worth, I've heard that *waxworms* are able to chew through plastics, to decompose them.

QatzelOk wrote:
But if this makes me a heretic to Plastic People, then I accept this smear. I deserve it. What else could a self-respecting piece of plastic do except condemn me for this heresy.

For worse is the operating theme here with cars. What you are saying is that, now that corrupt mafia corporations have made our cities car-hells, we should all buy one because... need.

I appreciate the critique of the prevailing (capitalist) paradigm -- but, I think that the dimension of *scale* enters into this consideration. Both you *and* MT are correct: The paradigm sucks, but, given this fascistic control over modern life, people still objectively require transportation and the *individual* shouldn't be scapegoated for their use of what's available, given this ruling-class-imposed paradigm.

To clarify, I'm not arguing *for* the car paradigm -- certainly robust and appropriate public transportation would be preferable, but, ultimately, *whatever works*, for the individual, all the way up to the natural environment.

Worldview Diagram

Spoiler: show

[6] Worldview Diagram

Spoiler: show

---

QatzelOk wrote:
What else can plastic do? Plastic has no opinions or values. It just melts and takes the shape of the mold that its "makers" create.

People who conceal-carry in church say this as well. "I need to be empowered to get all I can out of my mold."

Please, notice that mold before getting all bent-out-of-shape about my criticizing the act of filling molds.

(*Mold= the ways in which we are manipulated into fulfilling certain functions

*Mold makers = the 1% - currently, crooked banksters and industrial criminals)

Yes, no contention -- I'd equate the 'mold' to 'objective social reality' (see the diagrams above), meaning that which existed socially, ruling-class control, before we were born.

I'm not going to defend fascist murderers, of course. We're all in the same boat, more or less, as determined by our practically-hereditary class position at birth. Lashing out violently at fellow denizens is no way forward for anyone.
QatzelOk wrote:If you are reading this right now, you are plastic.

The computer you are reading this on is composed of plastic, but YOU (and I) are plastic in other ways. Plastic as in fake.

We follow laws (legal and social laws) that were made mandatory long before we were born, and were usually part of various propaganda and social control programs of generations of yesteryear. "

The were each sold on lies, and we have followed these behavior-modifying rules for generation after generation because - we are so plastic.

"Bend my arms. Twist my legs. I am yours to manage."
(Make any law or restriction you want, because I belong to you and I am universally manipulable.)

Each generation is forced to be more plastic than the one before it, as "the laws" (the practices of Modern humans) are more obviously flawed with each generation. So intead of seeing these major, life-threatening flaws and changing, we are coaxed into becoming more and more plastic. Into obeying increasingly unnatural behavioral modifications.

We live in plastic cities (suburbs) watching plastic social interactions (mass media) and interact with the community through a wall of plastic (automobiles). Our wordviews are molded by plastic teachers who work for plastic school boards.

And then we grow up to have plastic jobs, working for plastic bosses who give us plastic tasks. This all fits into our plastic worldview.

soundtrack

You think living under the whim of a few elite with Arrows and Hammers is less arbitrary?
ckaihatsu wrote:I'd equate the 'mold' to 'objective social reality' (see the diagrams above), meaning that which existed socially, ruling-class control, before we were born.

You'd be wrong if you did this.

The mold (that I provided in this thread) is NOT objective at all. It's based on the subjective *needs* and *desires* of the mold-makers, who are the upper classes. The 1 %. They are the mold-makers, and this function has existed for thousands of years. But the current mold is new. They are always new.

Being melted over and over again (melted = new normals, wars, social destruction, forced migration, etc) in order to become *the latest tool of the elite* is extremely subjective, and it's why we end up failing with each change. They're fake to begin with. They are also sold by using lies to the plastic classes (lower classes - malleable labor). These lies mean that these changes - these now molds - are not based on common needs or desires at all.

You think living under the whim of a few elite with Arrows and Hammers is less arbitrary?

ImagePop Group Aqua

Maybe pop music can help explain this better.

Aqua wrote:
Barbie: You can brush my hair,
undress me everywhere
Imagination, life is your creation

Come on Barbie, let's go party!

This is how Aqua describes what it is like to be a malleable doll or other people's use. Subjectively undressed and chopped off hair - whatever the whims of the "Barbie owner."
But more ominously:

Sheep:You can cut all my hair
Kill to make hamburgers
Domestication, chains are my vocation.

Hey Sheep-y, stay real meek-y!

Human 99%: You can rip up all my streetcars
Bribe my politicians (to create car-dependent suburbs)
Exploitation, I exist to create other people's luxury

Hey Schmoes, let's make pyramids!

waxworms

Oxymoron wrote:You think living under the whim of a few elite with Arrows and Hammers is less arbitrary?

Both of these statements are just plastic showing how proud it is to be plastic.
What is the viable alternative? We need laws of some kind to function as a society. Laws are social constructions, but not necessarily bad. We can see many countries around the world where laws are far worse. An absence of laws would lead to more violence and chaos.

Education is problematic when it teaches morality/values, because that shouldn't be their domain, and it state brainwashing. Teaching math/science and facts is typically fine.

The thing about mass media is that consuming it is almost always voluntary.

Most odd to me is people who modify their bodies with surgery to look more plastic.
Russia-Ukraine War 2022

Two things can be true at once: Russia doesn't ha[…]

4 foot tall Chinese parents are regularly giving b[…]

Israel-Palestinian War 2023

https://twitter.com/hermit_hwarang/status/1779130[…]

Iran is going to attack Israel

All foreign politics are an extension of domestic[…]