Meghan Markle abused & bullied Buckingham Palace staff to tears - Page 8 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

News stories of lesser political significance, but still of international interest.

Moderator: PoFo Today's News Mods

Forum rules: Please include a source with news articles. No stupid or joke stories. The usual forum rules also still apply.
ingliz wrote:It appears the Queen makes up the rules as she goes along.

As is her right. From your own arguments you get your answer. The Queen offered the Prince/Princess title to other granddaughters of hers as you mentioned, but only when they were old enough to make up their own mind if they want them, some took it, others rejected it.

The fact remains that the title was not granted to them at birth which is the argument Meghan and Harry are using to accuse the Queen of racism. "Our kid was not made a Prince at birth because of the potential colour of his skin". :roll:

How shameful is it to say a lie like that just to play the racist card and tingle people's anger against ones own family and nation?

But still, I have no doubt that the Queen would have changed the rules for Harry & Meghan to declare her great-grandson a Prince either as an adult or even as a child, if she could trust either one of them. But Harry & Meghan declared from very early on that they will not be working members of the Royal Family so why change the rules to offer them even more titles?

Had the Queen declared the child a Prince that would just give them both a reason to abuse and politicise the child just like they are doing with everything else right now. The child would have become just as commodified as they have chosen to be.

late wrote:This is a guess, but the reaction I am seeing reminds me of the resentment a lot of Brits still harbor against Americans. The last time an American married into the royal family, things did not go well, at all.

:lol: Honestly.

Just imagine if late understand this much, how much do the rest of the Americans understand.
late wrote:I
This is a guess, but the reaction I am seeing reminds me of the resentment a lot of Brits still harbor against Americans.

She is Canadian not American and was suitable due to being part of the commonwealth and being part of the ethnic community for the "Firm". But she couldn't handle the pressure of being a Royal for whatever reason.

Besides their isn't any resentment that I am hearing except from the UK media in which she attacked. I suspect our viewing figures will be massive due to the interest rather than anyone giving a fuck. But I won't watch it on principle.

As for my take, clearly this interview was to promote their brand and they tried to execute it as well as Diana did but failed. And the motive was money as they seem to hold resentment about being cut off for most of it.
snapdragon wrote:I don’t want to play this game with you anymore.

That's OK as it is only a game.

I find the whole episode mildly amusing, to be honest.

A rich bastard - There are whispers (wink, wink) - falls out with family over 'rules' designed to preserve said family's undeserved archaic privileges against plebian mutterings of undeserved archaic privilege.

Tragedy, it is not.

:lol:
Last edited by ingliz on 08 Mar 2021 19:11, edited 1 time in total.
late wrote:British insularity is famous, and has been for a lot longer than you or I have been alive, and I can remember dinosaurs.

The problem is you feel that the British have done something to somebody. What is that bad thing the British have done if I may ask?

And why would you assume that the British did that thing(?) because you reckon that they are anti-American?

The Brits are the most pro-American people in Europe and possibly the entire world.

But anyway what have the British people done exactly? I mean other than grovelling and worshipping Meghan...

noemon wrote:
The problem is you feel that the British have done something to somebody. What is that bad thing the British have done if I may ask?

It's part of the culture. It's what makes you so good at certain parts of spy tradecraft. Island nations are often insular, suspicious. But it goes beyond that. Best I can do is give you an example, there was an American, he wrote a book about hiking the AT that was made into a movie. He loved England, married a British gal, and had been there for 20 years. James, on the old Top Gear, went off on an vicious rant against him, because he'd gotten involved in politics. I think they were on the same side, but that didn't mean much. A lot of our immigrants wind up in government, and some become quite famous. They add a lot.

I suggest we agree to disagree.

England is what it is, which is part of it's charm. It's not like we don't have warts, we have more than you do. But you have something we lack, which is also hard to describe, a love of language, a respect for intelligence, and a feel for history we just can't match.
Come on @late. You should know by now @noemon is Greek. But coming from these Isles, the notion that the Brits are anti American is so far off the plain it isn't even worth entertainment. Do you believe that? I doubt it really. You get some like me who question your geopolitics, but even I like Americans on the whole for what we have in common.
late wrote:the reaction I am seeing reminds me of the resentment a lot of Brits still harbor against Americans.

I'm sure they counted on them and hoped for some post-Brexit solidarity as well and didn't expect Oprah-style hostility and humiliation while one of their princes dissenting to the US and blowing up his family leaving it shaking and cracking. It's like domestic terrorism committed by Prince Harry and supported by Oprah, if you think about it. The Brits believed they can return to their shell following the collapse of their empire, but they have to realise it's closing in on them instead. After their former colony colonised them and their former adversaries they once beat got the weather-gauge of them, even their precious monarchy turns out to be dysfunctional, which they obviously consider an existential threat, subliminally at least, while Northern Ireland may be breaking off and Scotland considering another referendum on their independence. To top it all, they don't really know if what to expect from the rest of the world, like China and India, for example, if they can't expect much even from the US, with which they allegedly have a special relationship. Plus the whole country is led by a clown posing as if he's Churchill. So it's easy to understand if they're a bit frustrated and full of resentment nowadays.
late wrote:Didn't say they were anti-American.

To be honest, we aren't anything you describe. In fact I would say we are exactly like Americans in terms of acceptance in cultures. We have our bigots. We have our libertarians. We have our protests and we have our movements. But we also have our multicultural society. Besides, Meghan didn't attack the British, she attacked the Firm.
Beren wrote:I'm sure they counted on them and hoped for some post-Brexit solidarity as well and didn't expect Oprah-style hostility and humiliation while one of their princes dissenting to the US and blowing up his family leaving it shaking and cracking. It's like domestic terrorism committed by Prince Harry and supported by Oprah, if you think about it. The Brits believed they can return to their shell following the collapse of their empire, but they have to realise it's closing in on them instead. After their former colony colonised them and their former adversaries they once beat got the weather-gauge of them, even their precious monarchy turns out to be dysfunctional, which they obviously consider an existential threat, subliminally at least, while Northern Ireland may be breaking off and Scotland considering another referendum on their independence. To top it all, they don't really know if what to expect from the rest of the world, like China and India, for example, if they can't expect much even from the US, with which they allegedly have a special relationship. Plus the whole country is led by a clown posing as if he's Churchill. So it's easy to understand if they're a bit frustrated and full of resentment nowadays.

Maybe they need to re-arm, and rebuild the empire.
Bigotry in the UK was also raised as an issue in the interview, although Harry believes it's only the UK press that is bigoted.

CNN wrote:In new CBS clip, Harry says racism was a "large part" of why he and Meghan left Britain

Prince Harry said racism played a "large part" in why he and Meghan left the UK, according to a new clip of the Oprah Winfrey interview published by CBS on Monday.

"Did you leave the country because of racism?" Winfrey asked Harry. "It was a large part of it," he replied.

He goes on to recount an anecdote at a fundraiser where an unnamed person who had close links to a lot of British newspaper editors told Harry that the press would destroy the lives of him and Meghan, the Duchess of Sussex.

When he said the man to elaborate, the person told Harry: "You need to understand the UK is very bigoted."

"And I stopped and I said, 'the UK is not bigoted -- the UK press is bigoted, specifically the tabloids. Is that what you mean?'" Harry said. But the person repeated the phrase: "The UK is bigoted."

Harry disagreed with the man's statement but added, "unfortunately, if the source of information is inherently corrupt or racist or biased, then that filters out to the rest of society."
Buckingham says Meghan bullied staff, Meghan says Buckingham bullied her. This is all he-said she-said BS. Nobody is going to ever know the full story. These people are a bunch of wealthy privileged freaks who do nothing except sit around in their piles of money and wave to cameras and try to do PR so the people who pay them tons of money every year for doing nothing think they're worth it.

This is why I have little use for these people. Meghan married into this family, did she not realize it was going to be restrictive and have drama? You don't marry a Prince for these reasons. Buckingham and Meghan hate each other and we'll never know exactly why. 2 sides to every story. It could be racism. It could be because one or more of these people are just a-holes. I think they're all a bunch of a-holes. Raid Buckingham, throw the royals to the curb and make them get real jobs, and sell off their riches and give the money to the poor.
I can't say much about British bigotry or racism, but I was part of a Facebook stir involving lots of Brits once and I had to conclude there were many morons among them. I mean it was shocking, so many white morons with traditional British names, it was hard to believe. And then came Brexit, and now this. How could someone still be Anglophile?
lol, Rancids a funny bastard :lol:

The English aren’t anti American as such. They look down on everyone equally :lol:

Who can forget THAT wedding? It’s not that it was a spectacle, it wasn’t a British spectacle. It was gaudy. Just like this Oprah thing.

Helping Ukraine to defeat the Russian invasion an[…]

https://twitter.com/huwaidaarraf/status/1773389663[…]

Israel-Palestinian War 2023

What wat0n is trying to distract from: https://tw[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

https://twitter.com/KimDotcom/status/1773436787622[…]