18, 890 kids at the border, and that was just March - Page 5 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the USA and Canada.

Moderator: PoFo North America Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
Julian658 wrote:
Translation:

Trumps is openly racist.

Biden practices subtle condescending racism.

You would complain if he did what Trump did, and you are complaining while he tries to manage the crisis. And you'd complain if he simply opened the border.

All troll, all the time.
late wrote:Trump's intent was cruelty, and he wasn't subtle about, acting in violation of American and international law. That's not Biden's intent.

I don't think his intention was cruelty. I think he wanted to control the southern border to keep illegals out as much as possible because illegals, in his mind, weren't in America's interests.

When he enforced border laws and charged illegals under the law as a deterrent, he was forced by US law to separate children from parents when they were apprehended.

The intent of Obama and Biden is probably to solve the problem but do it as humanely as they can also. But when you give people an inch they'll take it.
late wrote:You would complain if he did what Trump did, and you are complaining while he tries to manage the crisis. And you'd complain if he simply opened the border.

All troll, all the time.

The issue should be treated with a firm hand. The borders should be closed.

Immigrants are needed and should be screened. We need the good ones in America.

No time for bleeding hearts like you.

You call me a troll because you never had a valid argument. You are guided by emotion and the typical narcissism of virtue signaling.

What Biden is doing invites a crisis.

late wrote:That's insane.

Millions cross that border, and the vast majority have perfectly legitimate reasons.

Closed for illegals.
Don't be naive on purpose (commonly done by lefties). This cheap demagogy only works with SJWs and bleeding hearts.
Unthinking Majority wrote:I don't think his intention was cruelty. I think he wanted to control the southern border to keep illegals out as much as possible because illegals, in his mind, weren't in America's interests.

When he enforced border laws and charged illegals under the law as a deterrent, he was forced by US law to separate children from parents when they were apprehended.

The intent of Obama and Biden is probably to solve the problem but do it as humanely as they can also. But when you give people an inch they'll take it.

You don't give a damn about human rights Unthinking so I will not mention that.

I will be scientific. Human beings flee places that are stripped bare of food, potable water, security and safety and a reliable state that allows people to generate income and in sufficient quantities to stay in place and raise families. If these places don't have that? What should citizens of these nations do?

The options are few:

1. Take action and put pressure on local governments to respond and appeal to international human rights groups.

2. Join a criminal gang or organization that strongarms its way to local power and live off the fear and the threats and the blood money of other citizens because it is better to be the powerful and not the powerless.

3. March and journey to the USA where they spout some bullshit about human rights and freedom from terror and we love children and will educate them for you. You failed as a parent being poor and being threatened by mafiosos in your own nation with death and rape and being robbed blind, but we care deeply about your struggles and you watch tons of fake Hollywood films of middle class homes and new cars being the normal image of an American life, and since you got a third grade education in El Salvador, Honduras, etc you think anyone can do it and all you need is to go and cross that border and you sell everything you own and your land and home and bike and go and make the trip in a last ditch effort to live free and prosper.

4. Committ suicide and or joining the military in your nation and forgetting about being just or fair. Life is about survival of the fittest and it means being on the side of the ones who know justice is a pipe dream. And you become part of the problem.

That is it.

Human beings are wired to survive. Unthinking if you think that they take an inch and want a yard? They want to survive. That is it. A very human thing. But since you never experienced what they experienced or don't want to? You think you have the right to judge them and call them aggressive lawbreakers. I would say people like you with their lack of heart and smug sense of superiority are the problem. Your lack of empathy is close to sociopathic behavior. I would not trust you at all. I would not want anyone with your mentality living near me. People, who fail to understand basic human emotions, and physical needs for survival? I think are the ones who are close to criminal in mentality. For sure.

Refugee status visas have to meet the criteria. Poverty never qualifies. But terroristic threats and domestic violence do. If you are interested in these criteria then read this:

https://www.americanimmigrationcouncil. ... stem-works
Tainari88 wrote:You don't give a damn about human rights Unthinking so I will not mention that.

Human beings are wired to survive. Unthinking if you think that they take an inch and want a yard? They want to survive. That is it. A very human thing. But since you never experienced what they experienced or don't want to? You think you have the right to judge them and call them aggressive lawbreakers. I would say people like you with their lack of heart and smug sense of superiority are the problem. Your lack of empathy is close to sociopathic behavior. I would not trust you at all. I would not want anyone with your mentality living near me. People, who fail to understand basic human emotions, and physical needs for survival? I think are the ones who are close to criminal in mentality. For sure.

Refugee status visas have to meet the criteria. Poverty never qualifies. But terroristic threats and domestic violence do.

The one who is smug is you. You make all these assumptions about me and think you are morally superior to me and that i'm some evil sociopath. I dedicated my education and career with the SPECIFIC GOAL to help other people so please spare me the lecture, you know NOTHING about me.

I'm well aware of why people move to other countries to seek refuge. They are rational people looking for a better life. I have no problem helping people, I just don't believe in degrading my own country and my own cities into poverty, crime, and homelessness to do so. There are 6 billion poor people in the world, you can help some but you can't save them all even if we'd like to. Yes i'm sure you'd love to take in tens of millions of the world's poor and help them, an admirable and compassionate sentiment, but at what cost? And would they do the same for us? How many is enough? 10 million? 100 million? A billion? What is your limit? I'd much rather help people's own countries, which is the root cause of migration.

People also aren't as nice as you think they are. The West helped China come out of dire poverty and look at how they treat us? You can help people but you also have to protect yourself too because this world is filled with many people more interested in taking than giving. I'm not interesting in taking because i'm not greedy or materialistic, I'm interesting in giving while protecting what I have.
Finfinder wrote:
So @late was in fact projecting when he claimed support of Trump immigration reform was included with “blood on hands”.

Who’s blood is on your hands @late

You need to make an actual argument.

The way Trump handled things let children die, and the cruelty was intentional. So what are you babbling about..

@Rich more veterans lose their lives in peace ti[…]

@FiveofSwords You still haven't told us how yo[…]

Left vs right, masculine vs feminine

You just do not understand what politics is. Poli[…]

Are you aware that the only difference between yo[…]