The next battleground-'Cancel Culture & Identity Politics' - Page 22 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

All general discussion about politics that doesn't belong in any of the other forums.

Moderator: PoFo Political Circus Mods

#15161567
Image

Rich wrote:Sadly I fear sometimes only you have the intelligence and breadth and depth of historical and cross cultural learning to fully appreciate them...

...Papist tyranny.

Progressive reform not revolution is the British way...

we could consign ourselves to another century of all "White" monarchy...


There's so much to cancel here that the thread would explode if anyone even tried. Please provide trigger warnings for these twit dog-whistle posts.

NathanJenkins wrote:"political correctness" is one of the worst communication strategies the left has ever undertaken. It's been well intentioned...

How do you know it was well intentioned?

I was there during its incubation, and it was the result of a gang of suburban college students knowing the end was near, but not having any skills to do anything about it. Except... their term papers.

When your only weapon is a term paper, you decide that the "battle" is word choices and grammar structures.

And that's what happened. That's all humanity got from this self-castrating trend.
#15161580
QatzelOk wrote:How do you know it was well intentioned?

I was there during its incubation, and it was the result of a gang of suburban college students knowing the end was near, but not having any skills to do anything about it. Except... their term papers.

When your only weapon is a term paper, you decide that the "battle" is word choices and grammar structures.

And that's what happened. That's all humanity got from this self-castrating trend.

^ Spot on. :up:
#15161717
We need look but to the Republican Party in the United States of America for examples of the attempt to cancel a 'culture' and politics concerned with the identity of a specific group. In both instances it's moderate Republicans who are under attack. I'll not even mention those in the Republican Party who would like to see a different Republican standard bearer than the present Mr. Donald Trump.

Regards, stay safe 'n well, 'specially if you're a member of the targeted groups.
#15163733
QatzelOk wrote:How do you know it was well intentioned?

I was there during its incubation, and it was the result of a gang of suburban college students knowing the end was near, but not having any skills to do anything about it. Except... their term papers.

When your only weapon is a term paper, you decide that the "battle" is word choices and grammar structures.

And that's what happened. That's all humanity got from this self-castrating trend.


If it was ill intentioned as you say, I'll agree it was self-castrating. It goes down as one of the most colossal communications strategy clusterf*cks in recent political history and pretty definitive proof that unleashing the campus welcoming committee against political serial killers doesn't usually end well.
#15163737
I don't suppose people remember the many books that have been banned or censored in the USA.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_b ... ted_States

"Cancel culture" is just a populist label used by the right-wing. It's not called that when THEY do the censoring. :knife:
#15163743
Godstud wrote:"Cancel culture" is just a populist label used by the right-wing. It's not called that when THEY do the censoring. :knife:

Yeah. It's called "classified" or "treason." Just ask Julian Assange. Read Left of Boom or Operation Dark Heart to see how much of a text the government redacts.
#15163763
NathanJenkins wrote:If it was ill intentioned as you say, I'll agree it was self-castrating. It goes down as one of the most colossal communications strategy clusterf*cks in recent political history and pretty definitive proof that unleashing the campus welcoming committee against political serial killers doesn't usually end well.

I didn't say that suburban college kids were "ill-intentioned" either. They were actually "no-intentioned."

I blame their (our) suburban isolation and television-induced stupidity about how the world really works (false consciousness).

Rather than calling this process adjective-intentioned, I would say that this group of education-and-enlightenment-seekers were socially castrated by their isolating suburban upbringings and the mass-media-erasure of social knowledge during their (our) bungalow childhoods in front of screens - televisions and car windshields.
#15167655
QatzelOk wrote:Unfortunately, the issues you mention as "important" are not something that our masters want normal people discussing - like they would be if we lived in a participatory democracy.

In some cases - like climate change and world poverty - identity politics (including war) are frequently used (by our elites) to "change the subject" so that humanity stays with the programs that the elites dream up.

So if Cancel Culture and ID politics are discussed by young people INSTEAD OF income equality and peace, then the program of the elites was a SUCCESS.


The problem is, people like you simply say "America bad", "opponents bad" and dismiss all criticism of your historical illiteracy as illegitimate because of some Marxist idea or other. Even ignoring that your view of rights is beyond suspect, you don't live in reality. We don't discuss climate change in America? Where do you get that idea? There's no discussion of poverty? Do you live under a rock?

Of course it's easier to distract by labelling your opponents as deniers and trogdolytes, trampling on the rights of.....someone...we'll figure out who later....than it is to defend your own ideas which are every bit as damaging to liberty and personal rights as you accuse your opponents of being. But the people who would be hurt by your global warming policies don't matter right? They're filthy opponents or something.

Double standards are common in politics. Your double down double standards cubed are pretty far out there though.
#15167770
Cancel Culture... You mean like when Christians tried to get Harry Potter books banned?

Marxism isn't really a thing. There's no real Communists in America. It's conspiracy theory stuff, like how the big bad Bogey-Man of Socialism is going to get you.
#15167777
Godstud wrote:Cancel Culture... You mean like when Christians tried to get Harry Potter books banned?


Now Instagram PC culture is boycotting everything JK Rowling because of her traditionalist Christian views about there only being naturally born men and women.
But its okay, in the books Harry himself had to deal with the fickle nature of the public and he turned out fine.
#15167854
Godstud wrote:Cancel Culture... You mean like when Christians tried to get Harry Potter books banned?

You are certainly correct to point out that neither cancel culture or identity politics were invented by the modern left and are possibly as old as humanity itself.

Marxism isn't really a thing. There's no real Communists in America. It's conspiracy theory stuff, like how the big bad Bogey-Man of Socialism is going to get you.

There certainly still are orthodox Marxists in the US its just the US has lacked the radical labour movement of European and many non European countries. But this lack of any sizeable socialist labour movement means that most Orthodox Marxists haven't presented themselves as such. This is why Cultural Marxism has been so strong in United States, Cultural Marxism is in essence Marxism where the industrial proletariat have been replaced by 1 or more "oppressed" groups. This (from an Orthodox Marxist perspective) substitution started way back. It can be seen with James Connelly , but even with Lenin is his years of despair after the complete collapse of the 1905 revolutionary movement, with his shift towards Imperialism.

The Marxist theory of Imperialism was originated by the non Marxist "anti-capitalist" Jew hater John A Hobson. One of the great lies of Cultural Marxism that everyone seems to have bought into is that associating Jews and Capitalists was a purely right wing idea. The resemblance of the Nazis to much of the modern left is frankly scary. The Nazis had 4 principles.

Anti - lies. They said free speech had to be restricted, because free speech allowed Jews to spread lies. Ordinary people couldn't be trusted to work out for themselves what was true and false.

Anti - offence. Art and Literature had to be controlled, because given free expression the Jews would create art works that were deeply offensive to German Conservatives. This principle was a right wing one.

Anti hate. Freedom of assembly and association had to be banned because it allowed Jews to organise and enact their hatred of the rest of humanity.

Anti - capitalist. The free market had to be ended because it allowed parasitic financier Jews to exploit productive Germans. ~This idea might have been popular with many a right wing aristocrat, but as a serious theory it was developed by the left.

Take out "the Jews" out and replace them by "White people" and you've got the modern left programme.
#15167897
Wolvenbear wrote:The problem is, people like you...

This is the logic of cancel culture.
Cancel culture says 'the problem is you,' and then cancels someone or something.

There's no discussion of poverty? Do you live under a rock?

The rock that "we all" live under is the rock of mass media selected obsessions.

In commercial media, there is no meaningful discussion of solutions for poverty. Instead, the media points at scapegoats (ie. "the problem is people like them") and this never leads to meaninful changes in power relations.

And so it is with every other tragedy caused by powerful oligarchs and their dogs. A prole shouts out: "The problem is them!"

Witch-burning often follows.

Image

Rich wrote:Take out "the Jews" out and replace them by "White people" and you've got the modern left programme.

Replace it with "Germans," "First Nations," "Africans," and a few other groups, and you've got the History of Western Civilization's targets. It's like a media-religion-social order complex always has to target someone outside the core group.

In each case, the targeted *victim-nation-prey* thought: "And then they came for me, and this time I WAS the witch that commercial mafia-media regularly sicks its viewers on."

You can't blame the attack dogs for the orders that their masters gave them, can you?

► Show Spoiler
#15167985
Rich wrote:Take out "the Jews" out and replace them by "White people" and you've got the modern left programme.
Jews = "White people"? You really have that whole, "We're the real victims!", schtick down pat.

Your argument only works if you are delusional and can't engage in critical thinking.

White people aren't the victims. They are often the ones victimizing.
#15168048
wat0n wrote:Exactly, just like that. That's exactly how postmodern culture warriors are like: Religious fundamentalists.

I agree, there is little difference between a religious evangelical and a woke anti-racist SJW. They are both fanatical and fundamentalists. Reason is not allowed and they are both highly intolerant of different views.
#15168074
wat0n wrote:...Except when the postmodern culture warriors practice bigotry of their own, you mean.

Or the assumption that a white cis male is by definition the enemy. They do not consider that bigotry or racism.
  • 1
  • 20
  • 21
  • 22
  • 23
  • 24
  • 25

Humanity should seize all pharmaceutical corporat[…]

Did you really think that people would go with *y[…]

EU "oil and gas from Russia to the EU be imm[…]

@Doug64 last I heard, the CDC has relaxed their […]