The next battleground-'Cancel Culture & Identity Politics' - Page 23 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

All general discussion about politics that doesn't belong in any of the other forums.

Moderator: PoFo Political Circus Mods

In the USA, all COVID statistics were divided into "White, Black and Hispanic."

Never were the stats delivered by income level, religious affilliation, or eye color.

So it appears that commercial media would like to divide the USA into three tribes that they (the commercial media) can easily get to kill one another when push comes to shove.

Always get dummies to blame other ethnicities for commerce-caused problems.

"Which tribe do you identify with? We need to know so that we can get you to hate the other tribes." - commerce
late wrote:Keeping bigots from doing bigotry is not bigotry.

But thanks for playing..

...Just like redistricting to maximize House representation is not gerrymandering, taking over, looting and/or burning government infrastructure is not an insurrection, calling for violence if courts don't go your way is not incitement and packing the SCOTUS is not antidemocratic; becoming hyper-essentialist and advocating of discrimination people based on categories such as race or gender (e.g. eliminating presumption of innocence for males or assigning "negative" essential qualities to Whites) is not bigotry but only when "progressives" do it.
late wrote:Whataboutism is an attempt to distract, it ain't a rebut...

Actually you practiced whataboutism when denying the bigotry I mentioned earlier, much of which has been discussed ITT.

The things I mentioned earlier are just another of the usual contradictions of the postmodern culture warriors, contradictions that actually lie at the heart of their thought. Their whole ideological position is inherently contradictory.
wat0n wrote:
Actually you practiced whataboutism when denying the bigotry I mentioned earlier, much of which has been discussed ITT.

The things I mentioned earlier are just another of the usual contradictions of the postmodern culture warriors, contradictions that actually lie at the heart of their thought. Their whole ideological position is inherently contradictory.

More cliches..

Btw, the movement to control racism goes back well over a century. You could argue it's part of the Modern era, but I'd be more likely to describe it as being part of the ideas of the Enlightment.

That's just an example. It's not possible to take you seriously when you keep babbling nonsense.
late wrote:More cliches..

Btw, the movement to control racism goes back well over a century. You could argue it's part of the Modern era, but I'd be more likely to describe it as being part of the ideas of the Enlightment.

...And yet those movements were against doing so by engaging in censorship and had a discourse similar to MLK's in how to oppose racism and about society in general.

Maybe, you could actually try to address the "cliches" instead of just posting your own.
wat0n wrote:
...And yet those movements were against doing so by engaging in censorship and had a discourse similar to MLK's in how to oppose racism and about society in general.

There was a recent study, there are several others, this just the new one, of the adverse health effects of racism.

What you are really arguing for is racism without penalty.
late wrote:There was a recent study, there are several others, this just the new one, of the adverse health effects of racism.

What you are really arguing for is racism without penalty.

No, what I'm actually arguing for is for not fighting racism with bigotry, censorship, hypocrisy and authoritarianism. All of which, mind you, are being practiced by the postmodern left.
wat0n wrote:
No, what I'm actually arguing for is for not fighting racism with bigotry, censorship, hypocrisy and authoritarianism. All of which, mind you, are being practiced by the postmodern left.

Your problem is the facts. And the courts.

I really do wish you would babble less.
late wrote:Your problem is the facts.

Of which you have provided none.

late wrote:And the courts.

The ones who you want to pack because you dislike their composition?

late wrote:I really do wish you would babble less.

Maybe you could go on and cancel me, since that's what progressives do in 2021 when they want somebody to shut up because their feelings are hurt
late wrote:Except it's not racism...

That's why your goofy language annoys, it's a lame attempt to hide the lie.

So it's not racism, for instance, when some jurisdictions use public funds to train their white workers to get rid of their "whiteness", yet it would certainly be racism if other jurisdictions used public funds to train their black workers to get rid of their "blackness". Am I correct? :roll:
wat0n wrote:So it's not racism, for instance, when some jurisdictions use public funds to train their white workers to get rid of their "whiteness", yet it would certainly be racism if other jurisdictions used public funds to train their black workers to get rid of their "blackness". Am I correct? :roll:

Imagine the rightful outcry of anyone suggesting that "blackness" was bad.
late wrote:Keeping bigots from doing bigotry is not bigotry.

wat0n didn't properly address this flawed statement. But I will, in two parts.

1. First all, to consider a particular group of people "bigots" just because of the demographic they happen to belong to... is in fact a form of bigotry. (and of laziness)

2. Secondly, it's far better methodology to stop yourself from "doing bigotry" than it is for you to interfere with the lives of other people who you seem to consider less than yourself (and thus worthy of your lessons to them).

► Show Spoiler
QatzelOk wrote:
First, to consider a particular group of people "bigots" just because of the demographic they happen to belong to... is in fact a form of bigotry. (and of laziness)

I avoided saying that as long as I could, this was entirely a result of what he said.

Btw, I'm part of that same demographic.
Julian658 wrote:Or the assumption that a white cis male is by definition the enemy.
The thing is, only the people like you(poor victims of white racism who can't even point to actual harm done), are the ones saying this is happening. No one else is. You are the ones pretending to be victims, while having all the benefits that the real victims of racism are trying to get.

White racism isn't a thing. The system and culture isn't there to support it.

Nice try.

Can you cry, "I am the real victim!", a few hundred times? Maybe it'll help convince thinking people that you're right.

I doubt it. :lol:
late wrote:I avoided saying that as long as I could, this was entirely a result of what he said.

Btw, I'm part of that same demographic.

@QatzelOk's point is implicit in my response. You could perhaps respond to the question below:

wat0n wrote:So it's not racism, for instance, when some jurisdictions use public funds to train their white workers to get rid of their "whiteness", yet it would certainly be racism if other jurisdictions used public funds to train their black workers to get rid of their "blackness". Am I correct? :roll:

4 foot tall Chinese parents are regularly giving b[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

This post was made on the 16th April two years ag[…]

Israel-Palestinian War 2023

https://twitter.com/hermit_hwarang/status/1779130[…]

Iran is going to attack Israel

All foreign politics are an extension of domestic[…]