A New Republican Caucus. - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

All general discussion about politics that doesn't belong in any of the other forums.

Moderator: PoFo Political Circus Mods

By Torus34
A Republican congresswoman in the United States House of Representatives has set up a caucus. It revolves around Anglo-Saxon political values.

Now, this is quite interesting. The Anglo-Saxon period in England runs from about 410 AD to 1066 AD. It quickly evolved into a monarchy and remained so until the powers of the king were abrogated by the Norman Conquest in 1066.

It will be interesting to follow a caucus which, if its purpose is not some sort of 'dog whistle', promotes a monarchy as the preferred form of government in the US.

Regards, stay safe 'n well.
Well it was a bad idea that came and went. For now.

This month, a handful of Republicans led by Representatives Marjorie Taylor Greene of Georgia and Paul Gosar of Arizona sought to form an “America First Caucus” inspired by Trump’s agenda.A draft document of the group’s mission statement, first published by Punchbowl News, said the caucus would celebrate the country’s “uniquely Anglo-Saxon political traditions” and portrayed immigration as an “existential” threat to that heritage. The language echoed the “great replacement” conspiracy theory popular among white supremacists, which posits that elites are attempting to make the country less white for political gain.

The reaction among other Republicans was swift. John Boehner, the former Republican House Speaker, called it “one of the nuttiest things” he had ever seen and said Republicans should celebrate the country being a “melting pot.” House minority leader Kevin McCarthy swiftly shut down the fledgling movement.
The Republican leadership are having trouble with their diverse base.

Hard to cram rich business interests, loony evangelicals, educated upper-middle class, conspiracy nutters and now monarchists into a cohesive message. :D
Mitt Romney booed and called ‘traitor’ at Utah Republican convention

Only Republican to twice vote to impeach Trump gets hostile reception as censure motion narrowly fails

Mitt Romney was loudly booed at the Utah Republican party convention on Saturday – and called a “traitor” and a “communist” as he tried to speak.

“Aren’t you embarrassed?” the Salt Lake City Tribune reported the Utah senator asking the crowd of 2,100 delegates at the Maverik Center in West Valley City. “I’m a man who says what he means, and you know I was not a fan of our last president’s character issues.”

Romney, who will not face re-election in 2022, was also a governor of Massachusetts and would ordinarily be a member of the GOP establishment.

But the party is firmly in the grip of Trump and his supporters – according to a CNN poll this week, 70% of Republicans believe the lie that Biden did not win enough legitimate votes to be president.

At the Utah convention, a motion to censure Romney failed narrowly. Some in the crowd applauded and after the state party chair, Derek Brown, asked delegates to show respect, Romney ended with a plea to “come together in strength and unity”.

The Guardian

With this you have the reformation of Dubya as a sane voice within the Party (did someone see that coming a decade ago?).

The Republican Party is crashing and burning and I think I'll need some more popcorn. :p
So let me get this straight...not content with their forebears having arrived in North America and displaced, dispossessed and subjugated the indigenous population, over four hundred years on there are still those who advocate a White Anglo-Saxon Protestant ethno-state in the USA? :eh:

It would beggar belief if I didn't know it to be true. :hmm:
MadMonk wrote:
The Republican leadership are having trouble with their diverse base.

Hard to cram rich business interests, loony evangelicals, educated upper-middle class, conspiracy nutters and now monarchists into a cohesive message. :D

I can see how you could think of them as monarchists. I had a prof, a long time ago, who was a card carrying member of the Monarchist Society (I think that was the name, this was 50 years ago).

Anyway, they are authoritarians, they want a dictator, or as close to that as they can get.
MadMonk wrote:Hard to cram rich business interests, loony evangelicals, educated upper-middle class, conspiracy nutters and now monarchists into a cohesive message. :D

Seems to work perfectly well for the UK Conservative party...unfortunately. :hmm:
1) I'd argue that the Democratic party is more splintered right now than the Republican party.

2) Both sides have their kooks. For every Marjorie...whatever her name is - that goofy ass woman from Georgia - there's an Alexandria Ocasio Cortez or a Rashida Tlaib or an Ilhan Omar.

3) I believe there is some merit in protection of "White culture" in America. When I think of how a former political minority turns into a majority, I think of South Africa. I damn sure don't want something like that here. I just heard on the news that SAT/ACT scores are on the decline and that America is getting quantitatively "dumber" over the years. The fact that this has an inverse correlation with American demographics is no coincidence in my opinion.

Look at what Democrats are turning America into - a lazy, entitled, stupid nation. If there's a way to fix this, I'm all years - and I have NO ethical qualms in breaking more than a few eggs for that omelette.
MadMonk wrote:The Republican leadership are having trouble with their diverse base.

Sounds like Yale University's " Party of the Right " , by accounts I have read , such as this . https://www.thenation.com/article/archive/partying-right/ This is not simply your typical conservativism , such as found among members of the Yale Conservative Party , for instance , but rather is the ideology of reactionaries .
Goranhammer wrote:1) I'd argue that the Democratic party is more splintered right now than the Republican party.

2) Both sides have their kooks. For every Marjorie...whatever her name is - that goofy ass woman from Georgia - there's an Alexandria Ocasio Cortez or a Rashida Tlaib or an Ilhan Omar.

3) I believe there is some merit in protection of "White culture" in America. When I think of how a former political minority turns into a majority, I think of South Africa. I damn sure don't want something like that here. I just heard on the news that SAT/ACT scores are on the decline and that America is getting quantitatively "dumber" over the years. The fact that this has an inverse correlation with American demographics is no coincidence in my opinion.

Look at what Democrats are turning America into - a lazy, entitled, stupid nation. If there's a way to fix this, I'm all years - and I have NO ethical qualms in breaking more than a few eggs for that omelette.

This seems like a racist diatribe with no real argument.

———————-

Has anyone in the Republican party been censured for this yet?
By anna
Goranhammer wrote:1) I'd argue that the Democratic party is more splintered right now than the Republican party.

It's not. The Dems are pretty united right now, it's the GOP being eaten from the inside out by the QAnon kooks and manifest destiny evangelicals still sobbing over their Trump man-god.

False equivalence.

3) I believe there is some merit in protection of "White culture" in America.

No. No apologia for racists.

You're saying all those MAGAs let the Dems make them lazy and stupid? :lol:
anna wrote:It's not. The Dems are pretty united right now, it's the GOP being eaten from the inside out by the QAnon kooks and manifest destiny evangelicals still sobbing over their Trump man-god.

Really. Then how come all these fringe ideas haven't been passed with a Democratic President, Democratic Senate, and Democratic House? You have Sinema (AZ) and Manchin (WV) that are very centered in the Senate, as well as a number of Congressmen. Then, on the other hand, you have the cunts known as the Squad.

False equivalence.

Not remotely. A crazy, extreme person is as nutty on one side as they are the other. You, being wildly to the left, obviously don't see that.

No. No apologia for racists.

Not racist. If I was black talking about black culture, I'd be lauded, cheered, and have a parade thrown for me. That statement just shows your hypocrisy - a common characteristic of your side.

And you sure as fuck won't EVER hear me apologize for it.

You're saying all those MAGAs let the Dems make them lazy and stupid? :lol:

Nobody is "letting". Stupidity runs amok in America, and neither side has a monopoly on it.
By anna
Goranhammer wrote:Really. Then how come all these fringe ideas haven't been passed with a Democratic President, Democratic Senate, and Democratic House? You have Sinema (AZ) and Manchin (WV) that are very centered in the Senate, as well as a number of Congressmen. Then, on the other hand, you have the cunts known as the Squad.

Misogynist as well as racist, you are.

We don't have a Democratic senate, unless you've used your crayons to color extra blue senate seats in your congressional coloring book.

The GOP/GQP will be as obstructionist as they can, for as long as they can.

Not remotely. A crazy, extreme person is as nutty on one side as they are the other. You, being wildly to the left, obviously don't see that.

:lol:

Not racist. If I was black talking about black culture, I'd be lauded, cheered, and have a parade thrown for me. That statement just shows your hypocrisy - a common characteristic of your side.

And you sure as fuck won't EVER hear me apologize for it.

Strawman much racist?

Nobody is "letting". Stupidity runs amok in America, and neither side has a monopoly on it.

Speak for yourself.

Oh wait... you have. :)
Israel-Palestinian War 2023

It is easy to tell the tunnel was made of pre fab […]

Pretty clear France will be taking a leading role […]

He is even less coherent than Alex Jones. My gu[…]

Yes, and it did not order a ceasefire. Did you ev[…]