US Backs Covid Waiver to Boost Supply! - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Provision of the two UN HDI indicators other than GNP.
Forum rules: No one line posts please.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-57004302

This thread is mainly directed towards Fuser who said this a few months back, but I will say Heisenberg said something similar as well and PoD was putting forward the argument too in another thread but one user, in particular, said it wouldn't make a difference to supply. Clearly the US doesn't agree with that user and neither did I. Seems the IP does restrict production of Covid vaccines after all. Not that anyone with half a brain couldn't have worked that out by themselves of course. But here is an interesting article if people want to know more about a new method to increase vaccine supplies so we can actually vaccinate the third world anytime soon.
Rancid wrote:The US is still evil though.

I'm surprised you say that. I feel like the US has improved greatly since Bidens 100 days. I like his new recovery plan (however I want to know how he plans on paying for it), how he has conducted his international relationships and now this. As long as your troops come home on 9/11 and he stays out the ME, I can really really see him 'Making America Great Again'.
B0ycey wrote:
I'm surprised you say that. I feel like the US has improved greatly since Bidens 100 days. I like his new recovery plan (however I want to know how he plans on paying for it), how he has conducted his international relationships and now this. As long as your troops come home on 9/11 and he stays out the ME, I can really really see him 'Making America Great Again'.

My statement was sarcasm.
Humanity should seize all pharmaceutical corporations as a preëmptive strike. We know they've got a taste for the big bucks to be made with a global pandemic. These vampires have tasted human flesh and their thirst can not be satisfied.

God knows what they are working on in secret laboratories. A plague designed for universal dispersal with a cure already developed? Why, that would be a brilliant business model, wouldn't it? :)
MadMonk wrote:Humanity should seize all pharmaceutical corporations as a preëmptive strike. We know they've got a taste for the big bucks to be made with a global pandemic. These vampires have tasted human flesh and their thirst can not be satisfied.

God knows what they are working on in secret laboratories. A plague designed for universal dispersal with a cure already developed? Why, that would be a brilliant business model, wouldn't it? :)

Good point, it's like how you have put down a rabid animal after it has taste flesh.
B0ycey wrote:Wow. Both the big players, the US and the EU seem on board over this now.

The big 3. China too, by default, they don't give a shit about IP law right?

HEEEEEEEEEEEEYOOOOOOOOOOOOO Ziiiiiiiiiiiiiiiing!
Given how rapidly the disease has mutated and produced strains that are increasingly contagious and deadly it's pretty hard to insist on bottlenecking production with IP restrictions. Even if your motives are purely selfish you'd want to reach herd immunity on a global scale as fast as possible to avoid being hit by a strain that had out maneuvered your vaccine and left your population vulnerable.
@Rancid

Rancid wrote:Good news.

The US is still evil though.

I learned a long time ago here on PoFo that it doesn't matter what the U.S. does, we will always be the "imperialist" or "infidels" or "Great Satan" or we are doing it "for ulterior motives." Still, we should do what's right, help others and be kind regardless of what others think. We should do it simply for the sake of doing it even if they still call us the "imperialists" or "Great Satan."
The fact that the USA is (correctly) viewed as a warmongering and neo-imperialist country is irrelevant.

Biden can promise whatever he wants, but from what I understand, this patent waiver would have to pass the two houses. Consequently, I believe Biden is trying to boost his popularity by making a promise he cannot actually make.

And so, it really depends on how effectively big pharma can lobby congresspeople and senators.

EU is not prepared on nuclear war, but Russia,[…]

It is implausible that the IDF could not or would[…]

Moving on to the next misuse of language that sho[…]

There is no reason to have a state at all unless w[…]