BBC: Blinken says US will respond to reckless Moscow imperial acts/ Navalny, Solar Winds, election - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Talk about what you've seen in the news today.

Moderator: PoFo Today's News Mods

BBC: Blinken says US will respond to reckless Moscow imperial acts/ Navalny, Solar Winds, election interference.
"US secretary of state has told the BBC that the US will respond to reckless or aggressive acts by Russia.nnAntony Blinken said the US was focused on actions such as the treatment of opposition figure Alexei Navalny, the Solar Winds hack and election interference."
https://www.kyivpost.com/ukraine-politi ... -acts.html

does it mean that The Free World finally got the clear view of Moscow empire ?

@litwin

Reagan had a great foreign policy to combat communist totalitarianism. It was a time when the republicans stood for something and actually stood for freedom and democracy. My have the republicans fallen and lost their way when you look at them today. Today, it's the democrats who fight for freedom and democracy and it's the republicans who aid and are apologists for authoritarianism.

The republicans today are not a party with ideas or values or principles. No. today, the republicans are a party that supports the suppression of freedom, democracy and advocate for anti-democratic and authoritarian personality cult of Trump. The republicans are no longer a party, but are a dangerous personality cult without policy or ideas whose only concern is power at any cost. The republicans have lost their values, morality and principles in return for a dangerous authoritarian personality cult.
Politics_Observer wrote:@litwin

Reagan had a great foreign policy to combat communist totalitarianism. It was a time when the republicans stood for something and actually stood for freedom and democracy. My have the republicans fallen and lost their way when you look at them today. Today, it's the democrats who fight for freedom and democracy and it's the republicans who aid and are apologists for authoritarianism.

The republicans today are not a party with ideas or values or principles. No. today, the republicans are a party that supports the suppression of freedom, democracy and advocate for anti-democratic and authoritarian personality cult of Trump. The republicans are no longer a party, but are a dangerous personality cult without policy or ideas whose only concern is power at any cost. The republicans have lost their values, morality and principles in return for a dangerous authoritarian personality cult.

Both parties are in deep crisis, experts say that USA needs multi -party system , + the free world lost too many blue color jobs to oriental despotic "china"

my question, will Biden finish of Moscow EVIL empire like Mr Reagan did?
@litwin

I doubt that Biden will "finish off" the "evil" Moscow "empire." I don't regard Russia as an empire nor do I think Russians are inherently evil. I do regard Putin as a dangerous authoritarian who is a threat to the United States as well as other democracies.

I doubt that Biden will "finish off" the "evil" Moscow "empire." I don't regard Russia as an empire nor do I think Russians are inherently evil. I do regard Putin as a dangerous authoritarian who is a threat to the United States as well as other democracies.

ask Sakha, Khabarovsk, Chechens, and all other poor subjects of Moscow´s empire
https://www.japantimes.co.jp/opinion/20 ... in-russia/
https://www.atlanticcouncil.org/blogs/u ... f-empires/

If you don't mind me asking, are you Ukrainian? You seem to have it out for the Russians. It makes me think you might be Ukrainian.

we are all Ukrainians today , dont you think so ?
Ukrainians Are Fighting for Us - Coffee or Die Magazine
https://coffeeordie.com › ukraine-war-fighting-for-us
15 Apr 2021 — The war in Ukraine is not a civil war but a Russian invasion. With Russian troops massing on ... Ukrainians Are Fighting for Us. Opinion & Essay.
@litwin

I think Putin wants to rebuild the Russian empire if he can. But I don't think Russia is an empire like the Soviet Union was. Of course, Russia could very well succeed in rebuilding it's empire if left unchallenged. If Russia succeeds in building any sort of empire, I am not so sure it will be as strong as the Soviet Union though.

I think Putin wants to rebuild the Russian empire if he can. But I don't think Russia is an empire like the Soviet Union was. Of course, Russia could very well succeed in rebuilding it's empire if left unchallenged. If Russia succeeds in building any sort of empire, I am not so sure it will be as strong as the Soviet Union though.

Putin´s Muscovy is much more an empire than Soviet Union was. Miensk, Kyiv, Alamty were the capitals and Moscow was the biggest but not the best ussr´s city,
today 80-90% of all cash end up in Moscow , meanwhile its colonies are dying out

The Russian Federation can never be anything like the Soviet Union was. For one the Soviet Union was more than just Russia or Russian. It was a proposition and an ideology to seriously revamp societies as mankind had known till 1917. For decades communism was a doctrine and a global appeal, especially to emerging third world nations. And for decades that appeal was strong till it met its end in a giant and geostrategic collapse. Russia in itself can never have the appeal communism had.
Rancid wrote:I'm all for hacking the shit out of Russia constantly and every day. Also prodding anti-putin sentimate. fuck him.

I will say just because the Russians are not publicly complaining that they are being hacked means they are not getting hacked. Why would the CIA, NSA, other western spooks, their proxies, or even rogue actors in the west not hack the Russians? That is the job of the CIA. That is what the CIA had been doing from its inception. Hacking is just carrying spycraft into cyberspace.

Reagan had a great foreign policy to combat communist totalitarianism.

The Iran-Contra scandal was the crowning achievement.

The way he subverted US bans on supporting the Contras (drug trafficking death squads) by selling weapons to Iran was crafty. Until he got caught.

He also supported Marcos, South Africa during Apartheid, and the Afghan warlords that would eventually be known as the Taliban.
Juin wrote:I will say just because the Russians are not publicly complaining that they are being hacked means they are not getting hacked. Why would the CIA, NSA, other western spooks, their proxies, or even rogue actors in the west not hack the Russians? That is the job of the CIA. That is what the CIA had been doing from its inception. Hacking is just carrying spycraft into cyberspace.

Perhaps.
Juin wrote:
I will say just because the Russians are not publicly complaining that they are being hacked means they are not getting hacked. Why would the CIA, NSA, other western spooks, their proxies, or even rogue actors in the west not hack the Russians? That is the job of the CIA. That is what the CIA had been doing from its inception. Hacking is just carrying spycraft into cyberspace.

Rancid wrote:Perhaps.

My suspicion is that it is more than a case of perhaps. If "hacking" basically is gaining unauthorised access to data in a system I do not see why that is not the CIA, NSA main job. That is their job. If they are not engaged big time in hacking then methinks someone is wasting gomint money. So I expect US Intelligence Services to be excellent hackers. I suspect they are good at hacking and hack a lot. How else do they track terrorists on whom they occassionally rain missiles from drones?

Any of you going to buy the Trump bible he's prom[…]

No, it doesn't. The US also wants to see Hamas top[…]

Israel removed 10,000 Israeli families from Gaz[…]

The Donbas fortifications have been incredibly su[…]