The Wuhan virus—how are we doing? - Page 99 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Provision of the two UN HDI indicators other than GNP.
Forum rules: No one line posts please.
Here in AZ we can't give away the shots. Your choice of three, Pfizer, Moderna or J & J and no appointment necessary.

The dumb fucking Republicans see getting vaccinated as a sign of weakness. My wife's 82 year old aunt has not been vaccinated because Trump. Fucking morons. Who would have thought we would have a political party predicated on the fact that a majority of Americans are dumb as a bag of hammers.
Drlee wrote:Here in AZ we can't give away the shots. Your choice of three, Pfizer, Moderna or J & J and no appointment necessary.

The dumb fucking Republicans see getting vaccinated as a sign of weakness. My wife's 82 year old aunt has not been vaccinated because Trump. Fucking morons. Who would have thought we would have a political party predicated on the fact that a majority of Americans are dumb as a bag of hammers.

Sorry to hear. All the older folks in my family got it already. They are not eating the bullshit.
Well, if all *the smart people* are doing it, and if this is what *Science* wants us to do...

To be a "smart driver" often involves buying a Smart Car and scanning for streets with less congestion. Your IQ skyrockets when you do this.

One of England's "top doctors" says that electrifying body parts with lightning might help solve income inequality and climate change. Let's quote him extensively because he has a marketable product we can make money off of advertising.

QatzelOk wrote:Well, if all *the smart people* are doing it, and if this is what *Science* wants us to do...

You don't have to be smart to get the vaccine.

I think you enjoy being against stuff just for the sake it. :lol:
QatzelOk wrote:Well, if all *the smart people* are doing it, and if this is what *Science* wants us to do...

To be a "smart driver" often involves buying a Smart Car and scanning for streets with less congestion. Your IQ skyrockets when you do this.

One of England's "top doctors" says that electrifying body parts with lightning might help solve income inequality and climate change. Let's quote him extensively because he has a marketable product we can make money off of advertising.

Washington institute for health policy (I am not sure about the exact name) did a study on deaths recently. Latest number of real deaths is around 900k in US and 7 million world wide with many places not even counted. (China and underdeveloped countries)

Just get the god damn vaccine already. The arguments against it are stupid.

COVID pandemic already killed 2x times more than WW2 and 10x times more than WW1 in the US.

It is the largest single death off event in US history.
JohnRawls wrote:Just get the god damn vaccine already. The arguments against it are stupid.

Agree, this autistic resistance at this point is fucking stupid. I understand the apprehension initially, but at this point, there are literally hundreds of millions of people vaccinated now, and they aren't the people that are dying now. It's pretty fucking clear this shit works. We have a few centuries of data saying that vaccines save lives, centuries of data that say the benefits of vaccines far far far far outweighs any risks.
Rancid wrote:Agree, this autistic resistance at this point is fucking stupid. I understand the apprehension initially, but at this point, there are literally hundreds of millions of people vaccinated now, and they aren't the people that are dying now. It's pretty fucking clear this shit works. We have a few centuries of data saying that vaccines save lives, centuries of data that say the benefits of vaccines far far far far outweighs any risks.

Corporate spin acts as a prayer for many people. "Jesus, deliver us the electric cars we need to exploit suburban property." amen

Image"We have a few centuries of data saying that vaccines save lives.
This is why we don't need empathy or wisdom anymore.
We have data instead."
QatzelOk wrote:Corporate spin acts as a prayer for many people. "Jesus, deliver us the electric cars we need to exploit suburban property." amen

Amen

So, a little late again this week, again really busy (not helped by the fact that I'm currently plowing through the Battle of Gettysburg for my Civil War thread). At any rate, here are the latest numbers. I had to switch source for the Wuhan virus death toll, and the "per million" number doesn't quite match RCP's numbers--the overall deaths do, but apparently they use different numbers for the nations'/states' population totals. I recomputed last week's using the population totals provided by Worldometer so that the rate of change and changes in rank line up.

CDC say's it's cool to maskless (most of the time) if you are vaccinated.

Somehow Fox News Republicans find a way to spin the loosening of guidelines as a negative. Isn't this what you want, fuck faces?
Drlee wrote:Here in AZ we can't give away the shots. Your choice of three, Pfizer, Moderna or J & J and no appointment necessary.

Just convince them. My mother was hesitant but I was able to convince her. Same goes for my grandmother but that was mostly my fathers doing and little bit of me. It is possible to change peoples mind if you put in some effort. I know that it is a pain but your relatives getting hurt or dying is much more of a pain in the ass.

On another side note, we were first to introduce both vaccination passport and sertificate in the world :D

Because they hate weakness and think their shitty lives make them ubermenschen. They don't view vaccination as protecting themselves, but as protecting people who are weaker than them or placating the feelings of weak libs.

Literally treat them like shit and when they start to talk say, "Shut up, moron." They think you trying to gently coax them into getting the vaccine is weakness, because only weak people ask them to do things. Just straight up start telling her you don't even want any of the tacky garbage she decorates her home with when she's buried and that you can't wait until she's dead so you don't have to listen to her. If you can do it while rambling about how you attended a coke party in the late 80's with a bunch of NY real estate developers she's never heard of then she might even mistake you for Trump.

You're starting to understand the GOP mindset. It's weak to get the vaccine. Caring for anyone, even yourself sometimes, is weakness. Government can't help you, it can only punish the weak. Getting vaccinated rewards the weak and gives you nothing because you truly are the apex of evolution. You don't need or want help and therefore the only purpose of government is to secure your rights and punish the weak.
@SpecialOlympian Literally treat them like shit and when they start to talk say, "Shut up, moron." They think you trying to gently coax them into getting the vaccine is weakness, because only weak people ask them to do things.

Pretty much it.

The other day we were offering vaccination at a homeless feeding project. We had a pretty good response. I asked one guy if he wanted to be vaccinated and he belligerently said, for all to hear, "I'd rather get Covid". He was really surprised when I went off on him in front of everyone. I said something like, "That is really fucking stupid. You have no fucking clue what you are saying. But if you want to spend a month on your belly with someone scraping shit off your ass, that is your problem. The rest of us are smart enough to know a dumbass when we see one". He left without vaccine or food. Fuck him. Like many republicans he is fine with killing other people to feed his ego. Or rather I should say, to feed Trump's ego.
Rancid wrote:I wonder what the vaccine tastes like. I'd like to put some in a shot glass and drink it.

"Liked" for containing more than one complete sentence, with all the verbs and subjects that this entails.

Well done, Rancid!

Sincerely,

Positive Reinforcement
QatzelOk wrote:"Liked" for containing more than one complete sentence, with all the verbs and subjects that this entails.

Well done, Rancid!

Sincerely,

Positive Reinforcement

Awesome bro.

Fist bump.
Isn't it wonderful to see that the CDC is capable of following the science if enough pressure is put on it? That's not entirely fair, though, the CDC was put in that position by politicians handing the decision-making off to them instead of doing their jobs. Next time, maybe the CDC will be smart enough to provide the data but tell the politicians that making the decisions is up to them. Though it is nice to see at least some governors are willing to do what is needed to get the economy moving again by dropping the extra unemployment benefits, even if the Biden administration* isn't.

Any road, here's the latest numbers, with the US's death rate continuing to drop as we move closer to herd immunity, and Massachusetts, of all states, getting its schools over 90% open--that's now 28 states at 90%+, with 11 at 100%.

Drlee wrote:The REPUBLICAN party still refuses to vigorously encourage vaccination so we will never achieve herd immunity in the US.

Trump has encouraged everyone to get the vaccine. You should listen to him, and get vaccinated.

Drlee wrote:We will inevitably turn out an extremely dangerous variant and millions will die because of REPUBLICANS and their unintelligent followers.

And this rant is brought to you by a lifelong republican.

Are you saying you are unintelligent, or that you have unintelligent followers?

Drlee wrote:They are literally killing their children and parents because they find some political value in talking a bunch of Bubbas into thinking they are immortal, white, culturally pure icons.

Most children do not die or even require hospitalization for covid.

Drlee wrote:Typical of a Trump supporting Republican.

The vaccines would not even be here yet if it weren't for Trump cutting red tape, pre-purchasing vaccines and allowing it to be distributed on emergency use basis.

Trump urges all Americans to get COVID vaccine: 'It's a safe vaccine' and it 'works'
Trump says the vaccine is safe, it works, and everyone should get it. You should support Trump.

The dumb fucking Republicans see getting vaccinated as a sign of weakness. My wife's 82 year old aunt has not been vaccinated because Trump.

Uh. Trump encourages everyone to get the vaccine. Your state ostensibly voted for Biden, or so we're meant to believe. So your wife's 82 year old aunt clearly isn't listening to Trump, because he encourages everyone to get the vaccine. Anti-vaxxers are notoriously on the political left--people like Jenny McCarthy and Robert F. Kennedy Jr.

Drlee wrote:Who would have thought we would have a political party predicated on the fact that a majority of Americans are dumb as a bag of hammers.

If you haven't noticed, we have two of those.

JohnRawls wrote:COVID pandemic already killed 2x times more than WW2 and 10x times more than WW1 in the US.

WWI and WWII for the most part weren't fought in the US. The casualties were considerably higher elsewhere.

JohnRawls wrote:It is the largest single death off event in US history.

Spanish flu was higher, and it only got that name because only the Spanish press commented on it as there was a war going on.

Rancid wrote:We have a few centuries of data saying that vaccines save lives, centuries of data that say the benefits of vaccines far far far far outweighs any risks.

We also have politicians, pundits and so-called journalists who lie to people all the time. So it's not a surprise that many of them do not believe the news.

Drlee wrote:The other day we were offering vaccination at a homeless feeding project. We had a pretty good response. I asked one guy if he wanted to be vaccinated and he belligerently said, for all to hear, "I'd rather get Covid". He was really surprised when I went off on him in front of everyone. I said something like, "That is really fucking stupid. You have no fucking clue what you are saying. But if you want to spend a month on your belly with someone scraping shit off your ass, that is your problem. The rest of us are smart enough to know a dumbass when we see one". He left without vaccine or food. Fuck him. Like many republicans he is fine with killing other people to feed his ego. Or rather I should say, to feed Trump's ego.

You checked his voter registration, did you? Nice bedside manner Drlee. Way to chase off the homeless without food or medicine. You go! One more time, Trump encourages everyone to get the vaccine. Operation Warp Speed was his project. The vaccines were ready before Biden could swear his oath of office.

It is possible but Zelensky refuses to talk... no[…]

Israel-Palestinian War 2023

@skinster Hamas committed a terrorist attack(s)[…]

"Ukraine’s real losses should be counted i[…]

I would bet you have very strong feelings about DE[…]