Bad news, a Marxist victory , Biden revokes Trump order to punish statue vandals - Page 2 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Talk about what you've seen in the news today.

Moderator: PoFo Today's News Mods

Ganeshas Rat wrote:The terroristic organizations inspired by teachings of this person often aim to destroy memorials and other signs of material culture.

Like the Soviets, Black Lives Matter Purges Its History
Readers will remember Cullors as one of the original founders of the BLM organization and a self-proclaimed Marxist. She and another co-founder, Opal Tometi, can be seen in this video praising Joanne Chesimard, also known as Assata Shakur—a communist convicted cop-killer who is now a fugitive in Cuba—and chanting the communist slogan, “We have nothing to lose but our chains.”

https://www.heritage.org/progressivism/ ... ts-history
Saeko wrote:how are race relations supposed to improve if nobody is ever allowed to talk about the issues that affect minorities specifically?

Well, race relations definitely can't improve in the US giving how everyone there is a pathological racist. How to define a racist? It's someone who believes in races, who identifies people by their race, who thinks about societal processes in the terms like "racial relations" or "the issues that affect certain races". For racists the society consists of few huge elements - "races" and they constantly combine those elements in their mind, think about how they are related to each other.

Racists of different races come together to talk about the issues of their races, creating the echo chamber of the specific racist view of the world, and this music will continue forever.
Ganeshas Rat wrote:Well, race relations definitely can't improve in the US giving how everyone there is a pathological racist. How to define a racist? It's someone who believes in races, who identifies people by their race, who thinks about societal processes in the terms like "racial relations" or "the issues that affect certain races". For racists the society consists of few huge elements - "races" and they constantly combine those elements in their mind, think about how they are related to each other.

Racists of different races come together to talk about the issues of their races, creating the echo chamber of the specific racist view of the world, and this music will continue forever.

Oh, so you're saying that Martin Luther King, Jr. was like the king of the racists? :eh:
Saeko wrote:@Julian658 how are race relations supposed to improve if nobody is ever allowed to talk about the issues that affect minorities specifically?

The problem is that the conversation is illogical. Did you watch John McWhorter in the video? As a very intelligent black academic he feels that the white people that want to supposedly end racism treat blacks in a condescending manner. The huge progress that had been made is ignored. One would think that racism today is worse than 60 years ago. A new approach is needed.
Saeko wrote:Oh, so you're saying that Martin Luther King, Jr. was like the king of the racists? :eh:

He is saying that the anti racists see everything through a racial lens and push group identity politics. That in itself is racist. King advocated that people were to be judged according to character.
Julian658 wrote:Forgot to add

The complaint is about the hypocrisy of some in the left. The woman is not the real deal, she is a typical virtue signaler who at the end of the day is a greedy person that practices demagoguery.

If this is the only complaint (that she is living up to your fundamentalist standards and not the ones you think she should have) that you and @litwin have, then you have no argument.
Pants-of-dog wrote:If this is the only complaint (that she is living up to your fundamentalist standards and not the ones you think she should have) that you and @litwin have, then you have no argument.

I love the fact that black people in America are climbing the economic ladder. The issue is that she is a BLM Marxist activist that makes money with demagogy.
The wealthy in America LOVE black lives matters. Now look. I am not saying that the movement is not needed. It is. Black people are abused by the cops more than they ought to be. OK. Got that? The movement is needed. NOW.

Since our far right friend insists, incorrectly, on labeling anything he does not like "Marxist" and since this thread is now completely off topic, I will propose that the reason that corporate American, which is running the country lock, stock and barrel, likes BLM and a shit ton of other issues like this is very simple.

They like these movements because none of them are aimed directly at the biggest economic and social problem we face and that this problem is at the root of all of the others. At the root of the BLM and other racial equality movements, abortion, immigration and a myriad of other issues is simply this. Income inequality. Fix that and you go a very long way to fixing them all.

Why did they give us the stimulus checks? Certainly not to buy food. They were just returning a tiny piece of the pie that we ought to have already had. We live in a country where one man's net worth is $214 billion dollars and many of his employees receive government benefits.

The man makes $13 million dollars an hour. Amazon has less than a million employees. If we just asked Bezos to take 3 million of his 13 million dollars each hour, leaving him a whopping $10 million dollars an hour to scrape by on, we could provide top shelf health care and retirement for all of his employees.

But the mouth breathers who follow Trump and his cadre of henchmen called the Republican Party, would call this "Marxist".

On topic, Trump's order to "punish statue vandals" was an unconstitutional piece of theater. The president has no authority to "punish" anyone. If the right-wing shit-shovelers had paid attention in grade school they would understand the rudiments of how our justice system works. They did not pay attention and so we have this nonsensical thread.

The OP can take some comfort in knowing though that the US has no significant Marxist movement. What it does have is two conservative parties. Actually one conservative one, The Democratic Party, and one racist/populist one, the Republican Party.
Pants-of-dog wrote:When did redlining end?

Let me know if you need me to explain what redlining is.

———————

Moscow is not Marxist. Putin is a capitalist oligarch.

Don’t ignore the left! Connections between Europe’s radical left and Russia

Europe’s radical left is connected personally and politically to the Kremlin.

https://www.opendemocracy.net/en/odr/do ... ft-and-ru/
How is a statue commemorating a racist ethnostate and it's war to preserve slavery supposed to be considered apolitical? The statues were mostly erected during the Civil Rights era as a direct reaction to that fight. The Germans don't seem to need statues of Hitler for them to understand the history of nazism in that country. Statues are not a history lesson they are a public edification of the things they represent. Most people don't want to edify an apartheid state.
Listen, I don't know anything about my country's history and have literally zero cultural context through which I view statues of literal traitors of a failed nation founded on the idea that whites are the master race. I just think they're pretty statues to look at and I also don't like it when people break things. Someone has to clean up the things you break, Antifa! Maybe while you're busy smashing the state you can have a little consideration for our nation's hard working janitors and street sweepers?

Please leave the statues alone, they make my commute to the racism factory more interesting.
Last edited by SpecialOlympian on 16 May 2021 21:41, edited 1 time in total.
Me, in a Minnesotan accent using my two minutes before the Maplewood Groves City Board: "But what if my child gets confused? If we rename our beloved Nathan Bedford Forrest Community College to Woke BlatinX HitlerMarx or whatever you want to call it then maybe my son will be late to class because he went to the Forrest college two towns over."
Last edited by SpecialOlympian on 16 May 2021 21:47, edited 1 time in total.
litwin wrote:Don’t ignore the left! Connections between Europe’s radical left and Russia

Europe’s radical left is connected personally and politically to the Kremlin.

https://www.opendemocracy.net/en/odr/do ... ft-and-ru/

None of that contradicts my point that Moscow is not Marxist but is, instead, a capitalist oligarchy.

Nor does it support your claim that Marxists are in league with Moscow. In fact, it explicitly says that any actions done in concert are more a result of common enemies rather than common goals.

It is possible but Zelensky refuses to talk... no[…]

Israel-Palestinian War 2023

@skinster Hamas committed a terrorist attack(s)[…]

"Ukraine’s real losses should be counted i[…]

I would bet you have very strong feelings about DE[…]