A Conversation Surrounding my Avatar - Page 2 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Talk about and show off personal signature and avatar images.
Most Japanese individuals, when asked (by me: I always quiz Japanese tourists about him when I meet them) say that Yukio Mishima was "Very sad." "very unhappy." But the artistic sectors of the Westernized world praise his defiance as a monumental act.

Both gave up their power to make a public statement, and both, in return have gained both symbolic status and scrutiny. One did so non-violently, by speaking the truth, and one did so violently, by committing to an act.
Both sacrificed for "what was right" and both potentially had ulterior motives (Wilson-Raybould, to gain public trust, and Yukio Mishima to immortalize his artistic works)

Mishima belonged to the bygone era, who was stuck with the old wartime ideology. It was 1970 when he tried to inspire the Japan Self-Defense Forces to rise up and ditch Japan's American-drafted constitution, which was in vain because most soldiers were very young. After losing the war, Japanese people realized that what they were taught in school was completely wrong, especially young people who received the modern education imposed by the Americans. Most men in his generation either lost their lives in war or were removed from education and public service, so that they would not repeat Mishima's talking points. Mishima was one of those die-hards who could not accept the fact that America won the war and there was a transition of power. Mishima was just like Martin Heidegger who enthusiastically supported the Nazi regime, and their books should be banned from publication. But it is true that Mishima continues to have a readership in Japan because of the failed coup in 1970.

1 The great settlement withdrawal that Israelis […]

As someone that pays very close attention to Amer[…]

I (still) have a dream

...Kids don't need to drive anywhere to play with[…]

Jared Kushner is inspired by the real estate pote[…]