Get vaccinated, then get stoned, paid for by the state of Washington - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the USA and Canada.

Moderator: PoFo North America Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
When I was in college in the early 70s, we would occasionally speculate, while smoking pot, on what legal pot would look like.

Reality keeps outstripping our imaginations.

"As part of its strategy to vaccinate more of its population, Washington State will allow adults to claim a free marijuana joint when they receive a Covid-19 vaccination shot.

The state’s liquor and cannabis board announced on Monday that the promotion, called “Joints for Jabs,” was effective immediately and would run through July 12.

Washington is not the only state to offer a cannabis promotion. An Arizona dispensary recently announced a similar campaign, providing free marijuana joints or gummy edibles to Arizonans 21 and older who receive a vaccination."

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/06/07/us/washington-marijuana-covid-vaccine.html?action=click&module=Top%20Stories&pgtype=Homepage
late wrote:When I was in college in the early 70s, we would occasionally speculate, while smoking pot, on what legal pot would look like.

Reality keeps outstripping our imaginations.

Not a coincidence, @late. The generation who 'turned on, tuned in and dropped out' in the early 70s grew up and became the ruling elite about 25 or 30 years later. Guess what happened then.... :)
late wrote:You are describing this as a top down process, I see it as bottom up..

College kids in the early 70s were hardly the "bottom" of American society, @late. They were middle-class, and enough of them rose into the ruling class to make it possible to legalise pot smoking. Back in the late 1970s and 80s, it looked as though the attempted 'Cultural Revolution' of the late 60s and early 70s had failed. But "the long march into the institutions" worked in the end. It took them 30 years or so, but they did it. :)
Potemkin wrote:
College kids in the early 70s were hardly the "bottom" of American society, @late. They were middle-class, and enough of them rose into the ruling class to make it possible to legalise pot smoking. Back in the late 1970s and 80s, it looked as though the attempted 'Cultural Revolution' of the late 60s and early 70s had failed. But "the long march into the institutions" worked in the end. It took them 30 years or so, but they did it. :)

It wasn't the elites that pushed this, it was activists. Which is what I meant by bottom up. Once the money started to flow, that attracted 'elites'.

It started over medical marijuana. When people didn't see rioting in the streets, they changed their mind.
late wrote:It wasn't the elites that pushed this, it was activists. Which is what I meant by bottom up. Once the money started to flow, that attracted 'elites'.

It started over medical marijuana. When people didn't see rioting in the streets, they changed their mind.

Absent a revolution, activists get nowhere without support in the ruling elite. It simply took time for the Class of '72 to become members of the ruling elite, that's all. :)
Potemkin wrote:
Absent a revolution, activists get nowhere without support in the ruling elite. It simply took time for the Class of '72 to become members of the ruling elite, that's all. :)

Activists do need support, but you are playing word games. A lot of this was done by referenda. In the push and pull of reform politics, there's more than one player (if you're not wearing a tinfoil hat)...
late wrote:Activists do need support, but you are playing word games. A lot of this was done by referenda. In the push and pull of reform politics, there's more than one player (if you're not wearing a tinfoil hat)...

I don't know why you're disputing this. You should be proud of what you and your fellow college-kid stoners of the early 70s managed to achieve. Now, everyone can get stoned for free! :excited:
late wrote:Image

"As part of its strategy to vaccinate more of its population, Washington State will allow adults to claim a free marijuana joint when they receive a Covid-19 vaccination shot.

The state’s liquor and cannabis board announced on Monday that the promotion, called “Joints for Jabs,” was effective immediately and would run through July 12.

Washington is not the only state to offer a cannabis promotion. An Arizona dispensary recently announced a similar campaign, providing free marijuana joints or gummy edibles to Arizonans 21 and older who receive a vaccination."

:lol:
This is what I don't get about these stupid "incentives". What stops me from getting the vaccine, claim a price, rip off the card, go to another place, get another vaccine, rip off the card and so forth?
Reducing your chances of dying or giving it to someone else should be incentive enough.
Who is the idiot that says... no to a life-saving vaccine but changes his mind if offered pot, or a riffle or a pickup truck? Seriously... You cannot make this shit up.
As far as I am concerned, getting to live, living healthier and/or not being a vector to possibly trojan horse this into your family is and should be the only incentive. Stop wasting taxpayers money on getting people high, getting people shot, or getting people drunk. The fucking moron that thinks there are tiny chips inside the vaccines is not going to stop being paranoid because you are giving them free stuff, in fact this can only serve to increase their suspicion... They never game a fuking truck for getting the flu vaccine... what's so wrong with the covid one that they literally have to pay you to get it. :lol: STOP "THINKING" BADLY.
XogGyux wrote:This is what I don't get about these stupid "incentives". What stops me from getting the vaccine, claim a price, rip off the card, go to another place, get another vaccine, rip off the card and so forth?
Reducing your chances of dying or giving it to someone else should be incentive enough.
Who is the idiot that says... no to a life-saving vaccine but changes his mind if offered pot, or a riffle or a pickup truck? Seriously... You cannot make this shit up.
As far as I am concerned, getting to live, living healthier and/or not being a vector to possibly trojan horse this into your family is and should be the only incentive. Stop wasting taxpayers money on getting people high, getting people shot, or getting people drunk. The fucking moron that thinks there are tiny chips inside the vaccines is not going to stop being paranoid because you are giving them free stuff, in fact this can only serve to increase their suspicion... They never game a fuking truck for getting the flu vaccine... what's so wrong with the covid one that they literally have to pay you to get it. :lol: STOP "THINKING" BADLY.

They're dealing with Americans, @XogGyux. Americans. Think about that for a moment....
Russia-Ukraine War 2022

So the new aid package has given Joe Biden some le[…]

Left vs right, masculine vs feminine

Glad you are so empathetic and self-critical and […]

The more time passes, the more instances of haras[…]

It turns out it was all a complete lie with no bas[…]