US prisoners must choose between electric chair and firing squad - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Crime and prevention thereof. Loopholes, grey areas and the letter of the law.
Forum rules: No one line posts please.
Two US prisoners in the state of South Carolina who are going to be executed will be given the choice between the electric chair and a firing squad, after a ruling from the state court.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime/de ... d=msedgntp

For those who do not know, a firing squad traditionally involves six people simultaneously shooting rifles aiming for the heart of the prisoner who is condemned to die, with one of the guns containing a blank so that none of the people carrying out the execution can know for sure that they were actually the one who carried out the killing.

The electric chair involves the prisoner being put in a chair and deadly electric current flowing through their body to stop their heart from beating. The last time the electric chair was used was in 2002, in the state of Georgia (it was used on a woman).

Each of the two prisoners being executed have been convicted of a double murder.
More humane than getting tied to a table in front of a crowd and pumped full of a succession of lethal chemicals. Still, I don't believe any government should have the authority to kill people.
Why not just a bullet to the side of the head. I don't understand. They get a choice between getting slowly cooked from the inside or a messy high caliber explosion of their chest that leaves them conscious and wheezing for a minute after. This is barbarous.

libertasbella wrote:More humane than getting tied to a table in front of a crowd and pumped full of a succession of lethal chemicals. Still, I don't believe any government should have the authority to kill people.

I disagree, this might even be cleaner than the good old skull bullet. It's essentially getting put down with anesthetic. It's painless and takes seconds. Euthanasia should be legalized the same way it is for sick pets. Child breaks leg, put that fucker down.
Well, I'm happy they're at least offered a choice how they will die.
They usually aren't.

Latest update to the story --

Arizona's gas chamber is ready for customers

Arizona is one of several states bringing back largely discontinued execution methods since lethal drugs have become hard to acquire due to manufacturers concerns about their use to put people to death.
Arizona's gas chamber has been tested and rehearsals have been done.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/202 ... -documents
Russia-Ukraine War 2022

Why would you Americans care? People (not just[…]

Claims that mainstream economics is changing rad[…]

Isn't oil and electricity bought and sold like ev[…]

@Potemkin I heard this song in the Plaza Grande […]