BREAKING : Moscow "shots were fired at the British warship HMS Defender in the Black Sea" - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Talk about what you've seen in the news today.

Moderator: PoFo Today's News Mods

#15177896
UK denies Moscow fired warning shots at Royal Navy ship off ...
https://www.theguardian.com › world › jun › russian-sh...

Image


2 hours ago — The UK has rejected claims from Moscow that warning shots were fired at the British warship HMS Defender in the Black Sea on Wednesday


https://www.reuters.com/world/russian-f ... ium=Social



1) British state ´ll always have our support , 2) still did Putin fire at the British warship HMS Defender in the Black Sea? or its just Moscow propaganda.RU ?


https://www.reuters.com/world/russian-f ... ium=Social
#15177905
litwin wrote:2 hours ago — The UK has rejected claims from Moscow that warning shots were fired at the British warship HMS Defender in the Black Sea


Funny. A Reporter who was on HMS Defender said that warning shots were fired near by and that planes circled overhead. I would like to think the person who responded to reporters intitally did so prematurely given there is absolutely no reason to lie here along with the impartial witness on board.
#15178057
Igor Antunov wrote:Playing with fire. Expect some of them to get sunk in the coming days if they keep straying into Russian territory. Like ducks in a barrel.

Ivan you are lying or you are drunk , Crimea is Ukraine . dont worry we will get to all to the Hague , much like we did to your gypsy buddies Milosevic &C.

United Nations General Assembly Resolution 68/262 was adopted on March 27, 2014 by the sixty-eighth session of the United Nations General Assembly in response to the Russian annexation of Crimea and entitled "Territorial integrity of Ukraine". .... affirmed the General Assembly's commitment to the territorial integrity of Ukraine within its internationally recognized borders and underscored the invalidity of the 2014 Crimean referendum
#15178059
litwin wrote:Ivan you are lying or you are drunk , Crimea is Ukraine . dont worry we will get to all to the Hague , much like we did to your gypsy buddies Milosevic &C.

United Nations General Assembly Resolution 68/262 was adopted on March 27, 2014 by the sixty-eighth session of the United Nations General Assembly in response to the Russian annexation of Crimea and entitled "Territorial integrity of Ukraine". .... affirmed the General Assembly's commitment to the territorial integrity of Ukraine within its internationally recognized borders and underscored the invalidity of the 2014 Crimean referendum

Crimea was part of Ukraine. Now it is part of Russia.
#15178064
Crantag wrote:Crimea was part of Ukraine. Now it is part of Russia.



Ivan´s poodle,how many states agree (recognize ) with you ? the reality : United Nations General Assembly Resolution 68/262 was adopted on March 27, 2014 by the sixty-eighth session of the United Nations General Assembly in response to the Russian annexation of Crimea and entitled "Territorial integrity of Ukraine". .... affirmed the General Assembly's commitment to the territorial integrity of Ukraine within its internationally recognized borders and underscored the invalidity of the 2014 Crimean referendum
#15178103
litwin wrote:Ivan´s poodle,how many states agree (recognize ) with you ? the reality : United Nations General Assembly Resolution 68/262 was adopted on March 27, 2014 by the sixty-eighth session of the United Nations General Assembly in response to the Russian annexation of Crimea and entitled "Territorial integrity of Ukraine". .... affirmed the General Assembly's commitment to the territorial integrity of Ukraine within its internationally recognized borders and underscored the invalidity of the 2014 Crimean referendum

There is no such thing as international law. To the extent that there is international law though through the UN, Russia and the US basically have blanket immunity as permanent Security Council members.

And shove your insult up your ass.

The reality is the US and Russia are adversaries (mostly due to the will of the US).

By staging a coup in Ukraine the US basically forced Russia's hand. Russia would not and indeed could not relinquish it's Black Sea base.

If you can't understand this it is because you cannot understand the most basic and rudimentary elements of things like Russian history, geopolitical competition, balance of power, realpolitik, etc.
#15178106
I will never be able to take seriously any western media complaints about "Russian aggression" against British and American warships in the Black Sea. :lol:

It's quite clear HMS Defender deliberately provoked the Russians (which, to be fair to them, is half the fun of being in the Navy these days) and got exactly what they asked for. It's all a bit of fun, and I'm sure the ship's captain took it in the spirit it was intended. For the BBC, the Guardian etc to feign outrage after the fact seems rather unsporting, and I seriously doubt it reflects the actual attitude of the sailors, who probably enjoyed it immensely. Lol.

(I'm sure that, if they could get away with it, the MoD would have added the " :excited: " smiley to its tweet about "innocent passage")
#15178126
Crantag wrote:There is no such thing as international law. To the extent that there is international law though through the UN, Russia and the US basically have blanket immunity as permanent Security Council members.


Actually there is such a thing. The 5 permanent members having veto power doesn't change that. Crimea is still part of Ukraine, de jure.
#15178129
Heisenberg wrote:I will never be able to take seriously any western media complaints about "Russian aggression" against British and American warships in the Black Sea. :lol:

It's quite clear HMS Defender deliberately provoked the Russians (which, to be fair to them, is half the fun of being in the Navy these days) and got exactly what they asked for. It's all a bit of fun, and I'm sure the ship's captain took it in the spirit it was intended. For the BBC, the Guardian etc to feign outrage after the fact seems rather unsporting, and I seriously doubt it reflects the actual attitude of the sailors, who probably enjoyed it immensely. Lol.

(I'm sure that, if they could get away with it, the MoD would have added the " :excited: " smiley to its tweet about "innocent passage")


I suspect the British thought it was a bit of fun, or I should say, they wanted to remind the Russians that it was a recognised shipping lane, but the Russians are quite pissed about all this actually. There is no doubt it was provocation and it may have well been that the British didn't understand the warning shots, but what I find astonishing is that we lied about the event happening. We were caught BSing by our own media they invited on board ffs. If we can't even tell the truth over a minor event (and yes it was minor event despite the spat), what lies do we tell our citizens when something major comes along? Anti Russian propaganda needs to stop. I don't mind us taking a Western view on geopolitics given we are Western, but to actually make things up to anger Russia is both not wise nor does it ease tensions. We are our own hypocrites and to be frank makes any accusations we make to other nations less potent given they can always point the finger back to us.
#15178162
Rugoz wrote:Actually there is such a thing. The 5 permanent members having veto power doesn't change that. Crimea is still part of Ukraine, de jure.

You are so innocent and cute.

And also, wrong.

Anyhow, how do you think this 'international law' ought to be enforced? A second Crimean War?

Russia will not, and indeed cannot, relinquish its hold on Crimea. It is really the most basic case of realpolitik one could ask for, as a case study.
#15178165
B0ycey wrote:to anger Russia is ... not wise

"We may appeal to common sense and demand respect for international law. But if that does not help, we may drop bombs not only in the path but also on the target itself if colleagues do not understand.

— Sergei Ryabkov, Russian deputy foreign minister


:lol:
#15178231
litwin wrote:as I expected you Ivan are drunk, vodka or bayarka?

Completely and utterly sober.

Some people in this thread do not understand nuance, at all.

How about if I break it down, to be a little more simply put, for you dense individuals in here.

Let me put it like this:

So-called international law is a fucking joke.
#15178307
Russia will directly bomb HMS Defender if it sails too close to Crimea again, its deputy foreign minister warns as MP Tobias Ellwood says tensions could spiral into an actual engagement after Black Sea stand-off

Russia's deputy foreign minister Sergey Ryabkov warned against NATO taking 'provocative steps'
He vowed that Russia will bomb any ships who 'violate the state borders of the Russian federation'
HMS Defender sailed within the 12-mile zone of Crimea which Russia claims but the West does not recognise

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... warns.html

Now let's see how dumb anglos really are. There it is, direct illustration of what is going to happen if britain enters russian territory again.
#15178320
Crantag wrote:Completely and utterly sober.

Some people in this thread do not understand nuance, at all.

How about if I break it down, to be a little more simply put, for you dense individuals in here.

Let me put it like this:

So-called international law is a fucking joke.


Read more about NATO article 5,
https://www.nato.int/cps/en/natohq/topics_110496.htm
A Few Tools for Your Computer

Bitdefender traditional signature based anti-malwa[…]

If you are confused, this is a coded reference to[…]

Is Marxism old-fashioned?

You miss the point. The question is, does he dese[…]

I don't know what the "foreign affairs es[…]