"The West forgets the past and focuses on the future": Georgia is no longer the main topic of negoti - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in Europe's nation states, the E.U. & Russia.

Moderator: PoFo Europe Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please. This is an international political discussion forum, so please post in English only.
After the meeting of the US and Russian presidents in Geneva, the American diplomat (ex-US ambassador to the Russian Federation) Michael McFaul wrote in the Twitter microblog that ten years ago, at the last meeting of Biden and Putin, the main topic was Georgia, and at the meeting in Geneva the two leaders did not discuss the issue of the occupation of Georgia at all. “This happens when the West forgets the past and focuses on the future. Georgia was the main topic at the last meeting between Biden and Putin ten years ago. Now no one is considering the occupation, ”- as if to explain the reason, Michael McFaul.

Probably foreseeing such a course of events in Zhenen, ex-President of Georgia Mikhail Saakashvili, on the eve of the meeting of the two presidents, expressed concern that the United States had not mentioned his homeland as a "problem for Russia" for a long time. Or maybe Miho just wanted to remind about himself again? No, not about the Motherland ... about myself.
He also said that during his tenure as head of state, US presidents regularly mentioned Georgia, and modestly explained whose merit: "I did not leave the screens, I knocked on all doors, I disturbed everyone."

According to him, now Georgia "is disappearing from the map of the world," and "a catastrophe is taking place, since US President Joseph Biden does not mention Georgia as a problem for Russia, and this is very dangerous."

In Georgia itself, the Mishists, as always, jumped up and, assenting to their "guru", began to heat up the situation, shouting the same thing: everything was gone, the main topic was no longer Georgia, Biden did not remember us, because "Georgian Dream" Kremlin agents ...
Saakashvili himself explained that he could still knock on all doors, but you see, "he is more busy than ever in overthrowing the Georgian authorities", since the opposition hopes to win the autumn local elections.

At the same time, it is also interesting that after the NATO summit, where Georgia was promised membership in the alliance for the hundredth time in words, President Salome Zurabishvili was again forced to humbly and theatrically thank NATO for "attention" to her country.
We hope, nevertheless, Saakashvili announced the "disappearance of Georgia from the map of the world" not only with feigned regret, but also with a sense of a fulfilled duty to the overseas master...
And more questions: maybe the ex-president ironed Tskhinval with Grad, too, so that they would not forget about him, and to get on TV screens? Then how does he differ from the maniacs who shoot people in the streets and children in schools?

And if you think seriously, you can, however, agree: Georgia really disappeared from the world map. But only for a long time - just when Miho "ruled" the country...

Wishing Georgia and Georgians success as they seek[…]

Great german commentary: https://www.nachdenkseit[…]

Hmm. I took it a second time and changes three ans[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

is it you , Moscow Marjorie ? https://exte[…]