Trump on trial - Page 10 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the USA and Canada.

Moderator: PoFo North America Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
By jimjam
A grand jury in Manhattan has indicted Donald J. Trump’s family business, the Trump Organization, and one of its top executives in connection with a tax investigation into fringe benefits handed out at the company.

Hear we go kids. We're starting to get to the good part. Don't forget ….. it was tax issues that got Al Capone. Stay tuned, this will take months to play out. If Fat Donald spent any time reading that bible that he held upside down during his now famous photo op he may have noticed the advice that we reap what we sow.

When he failed to visit a military memorial in Europe, Fat Donald said, “Why should I go to that cemetery? It’s filled with losers.” In a separate conversation on the same trip, Trump referred to the more than 1,800 marines who lost their lives at Belleau Wood as “suckers” for getting killed.That’s what he must be thinking about Weisselberg.

This is just the first step. With huge cases like this one, prosecutors start with going after what they call “the low hanging fruit” and build up from there to the “big prize” along with new and deeper discovery that is accumulated along the way.But right away Trump Org is toast, business dealings wise, starting tomorrow - what scares Trump the most: the extinction of his beloved brand.

:)
By PataOneil
Trump's appeal was twofold: He was gonna make the USA white again (the great savior vs. replacement theory) and he delighted in breaking things... like the USA. Trump is an incredibly selfish person. He cares nothing about anyone but himself. When you match that up with his fundamental ignorance and obsession with self promotion you get a person that destroys whatever he touches.

Trump is Loki... just without the charm.
By jimjam
Trump's children have a lot to be worried about. One reason Weisselberg is in trouble is that he was allegedly paid as an employee and a nonemployee contractor – allowing various tax write-offs. Ivanka Trump was similarly paid more than $700,000 in consulting fees while also collecting a salary as a full-time employee of the Trump Organization.

While Ivanka appears to be coolly attempting to control her own narrative behind the scenes, Donald Jr and Eric reacted to the Trump Organization criminal charges by having histrionics on camera. Eric Trump told Newsmax last week that “Don, Ivanka and I live really nice, clean lives”. ( :lol: ) Meanwhile, Don Jr posted a 13-minute video on Facebook calling the charges against his dad “banana-republic stuff”. He also (rather unhelpfully) acknowledged that the allegations Trump paid for Weisselberg’s grandchildren’s school fees were true. “My dad did that,” he said, because he is a “good guy” ( :lol: :lol: ).
By Stormsmith
I'll bet those school fees weren't to Trump university :D

Talking heads yesterday predicted that Ivanka will toss daddy under the bus :lol:
By jimjam
A week after state prosecutors in Manhattan indicted Donald J. Trump’s family business and its chief financial officer, Allen H. Weisselberg, the company began removing Mr. Weisselberg from every leadership position he held atop dozens of its subsidiaries.

"To put it bluntly, this was a sweeping and audacious illegal payments scheme,” Carey Dunne, general counsel for the Manhattan district attorney, Cyrus R. Vance Jr., said during an arraignment in State Supreme Court in Manhattan on the day the charges were announced. Mr. Dunne, the general counsel, said the behavior described in the indictment was not “standard practice in the business community” or the work of a rogue employee. “It was orchestrated by the most senior executives who were financially benefitting themselves and the company by getting secret pay raises at the expense of state and federal tax payers,” he said.

Stay tuned ……. this will take months to play out. Fat Donald has a few thousand lawyers at his disposal :lol:
By Stormsmith
So...who will run the companies? Eric and/or Donald Jr? :lol:
@Rancid

It would be nice. It's obvious he has committed some very serious crimes. But I guess it's a myth that "nobody is above the law." It seems Trump is above the law.
@Rancid

Here is another thing to consider, the legal system isn't about justice so much as it is about POWER and who has POWER. At least, as it stands right now. Because if the justice system wasn't about power and who has power, Trump would be facing criminal charges and be on trial right now in a courtroom. So you can kinda see that their is this mythology about the justice system being about justice.

It's about money, it's about power and who has power. And those who have power, tend to be above the law and it is not applied to them. But the law is applied to everybody else though, so everybody better the follow the law and FALL IN LINE. Those with power don't have to though. The law doesn't apply to them. They get special treatment over everybody else.

And those Trump supporters involved in the capital riot who are getting criminal records right now and talk about Trump in the courtroom, well too bad for them. Trump conned them. He isn't going to jail but they are! I don't know, maybe they are OK with Trump not going to jail but they themselves getting criminal records and going to jail. Trump certainly doesn't give a shit about them though. He wouldn't even dare get caught sitting down and eating dinner with most of his supporters.
By Stormsmith
Cy Vance &Co are going after him but i would prefer he is held accountable for the covid catastrophe. What a f'ing disgrace.
By jimjam
Stormsmith wrote:Cy Vance &Co are going after him but i would prefer he is held accountable for the covid catastrophe. What a f'ing disgrace.

Literally uncounted and uncountable thousands of Americans are dead because of Fat Donald's incompetence.

“We have it totally under control. It’s one person coming in from China. It’s going to be just fine.”
“I think the virus is going to be—it’s going to be fine.”
“Looks like by April, you know in theory when it gets a little warmer, it miraculously goes away.”
“The Coronavirus is very much under control in the USA… the Stock Market starting to look very good to me!”
“It’s going to disappear. One day, it’s like a miracle, it will disappear.”
“You have to be calm. It’ll go away.”
“No, I’m not concerned at all."
“I don’t take responsibility at all.”
“I’d rate it a ten,” [Trump’s rating of his coronavirus response]
“I went through it. Now, they say I'm immune. I can feel—I feel so powerful.” :eek:

Too much more hogwash to enumerate. Be nice to see Fatso on trial for murder.
By Stormsmith
To be honest, I think Joseph Joe should argue a damn site harder for getting more vaccinated, eg withhold $$$ from families who aren'the getting vaccinated. If he doesn'the this bloody pandemic will never end.
By jimjam
President Donald J. Trump pressed top Justice Department officials late last year to declare that the election was corrupt even though they had found no instances of widespread fraud. The exchange unfolded during a phone call on Dec. 27 in which Mr. Trump pressed the acting attorney general at the time, Jeffrey A. Rosen, and his deputy, Richard P. Donoghue, on voter fraud claims that the department had disproved. Mr. Donoghue warned that the department had no power to change the outcome of the election. “Just say that the election was corrupt + leave the rest to me” and to congressional allies, Mr. Donoghue wrote in summarizing Mr. Trump’s response.

The Godfather …… er …. president has spoken.
By jimjam
The Treasury Department must turn over six years of former President Donald J. Trump’s tax returns to House investigators, the Justice Department said in a legal opinion issued on Friday that potentially paves the way for their eventual release to Congress and to the public. Decades worth of tax information for Mr. Trump and his companies showed the former president had gone years without paying federal income taxes and reported hundreds of millions of dollars in business losses. But the information sought by the House would likely provide a more comprehensive window into his complex financial dealings.
By jimjam
Stormsmith wrote:To be honest, I think Joseph Joe should argue a damn site harder for getting more vaccinated, eg withhold $$$ from families who aren'the getting vaccinated. If he doesn'the this bloody pandemic will never end.

I agree. I suspect this virus will be with us for some time. It will prosper and mutate amongst those who get their medical advice from wacko right wing chat rooms (they are injecting us with dead babies. they are injecting us with computer chips. it's a liberal plot to control our minds.) Human stupidity has shown us in the past few years that it has no rational limits. Eventually a super covid will mutate that our vaccines cannot cope with. Covid, it seems, is more intelligent than Trump zombies.
By Dimetrodon
jimjam wrote:Trump is the most disgraceful president in US history. He is unconscionable and the GOP willingness to support his blatant filthy big lie is the biggest disgrace that party has conjured in my lifetime. It is my deep wish that justice is served, Trump is the center of the lie dividing the country and he must be brought to justice. This gutless soul-less man, a manipulating lying sketchy con man, brought the country to this. This cannot and must not be swept under the rug. At Trump's impeachment trial, the Democrats need to expose the plot and explain it to the public over and over in all media outlets, loudly and forcefully. They must bang away it just as the GOP banged away at Benghazi for years, except the Democrats must do it louder.

I wish there actually was a criminal trial for Trump himself where he gets convicted and sent to prison at the very least, but as it always is, the rich seem to always get away with their crimes. These impeachment trials of Trump shown that. I sincerely think he will be more likely to be reelected in 2024 than actually pay for the things he has done.
By Stormsmith
jimjam wrote:I agree. I suspect this virus will be with us for some time. It will prosper and mutate amongst those who get their medical advice from wacko right wing chat rooms (they are injecting us with dead babies. they are injecting us with computer chips. it's a liberal plot to control our minds.) Human stupidity has shown us in the past few years that it has no rational limits. Eventually a super covid will mutate that our vaccines cannot cope with. Covid, it seems, is more intelligent than Trump zombies.

I think you're more likely to face that than we. Most people here are vaccinated and still are carrying a mask. My idea is to continue using them for the foreseeable future. We've never been so healthy. Now, if we could do something about this shocking heat wave...
By jimjam
Seven months after being pardoned by President Donald J. Trump, a onetime editor of The New York Observer faces new charges of unlawfully spying on his former wife by secretly gaining access to her computer.

The editor, Ken Kurson, a close friend of Mr. Trump’s son-in-law, Jared Kushner, was charged in state criminal court in Manhattan on Wednesday with eavesdropping and computer trespass, both felonies. Prosecutors accuse Mr. Kurson of using spyware to breach his wife’s computer in 2015 as the couple’s marriage fell apart. Each crime is punishable by up to four years in prison.

“We will not accept presidential pardons as get-out-of-jail-free cards for the well-connected in New York,” the Manhattan district attorney, Cyrus R. Vance Jr., said in a statement announcing the charges.

A lawyer for Mr. Kurson, Marc L. Mukasey, declined to comment. ( :lol: )

@FiveofSwords On e again, you fail to provide […]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

I'm just free flowing thought here: I'm trying t[…]

Left vs right, masculine vs feminine

…. the left puts on the gas pedal and the right […]

@QatzelOk DeSantis got rid of a book showing chi[…]