Masdar City - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the nations of the Middle East.

Moderator: PoFo Middle-East Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please. This is an international political discussion forum moderated in English, so please post in English only. Thank you.
By Skynet

2030 should the green city be finished built.

I have so my doubts, because china is full of new cities who are empty.
By Puffer Fish
Well, it does look economical, like it could make business sense to build those developments. That's important.

The good thing is having the cars away from the houses. That helps reduce required road space near the houses, and makes the paths available for people who are walking.

But it does look too built-up though. There does not seem to be enough open space immediately near each home. Aesthetic considerations.

In government projects in Europe they traditionally build very tall and then that allows plenty of open space around each building. But that is not as economical or profitable for developers.

Solar power makes sense in that desert climate with the intense sun.
By Skynet
Now the Saudis build a linear ecological city:

It could work especially when the City will have European Laws... Alcohole wil be legal I hope also medical Marijuana...
Russia-Ukraine War 2022

Are people on this thread actually trying to argu[…]

Isn't oil and electricity bought and sold like ev[…]

@Potemkin I heard this song in the Plaza Grande […]

I (still) have a dream

Even with those millions though. I will not be ab[…]